Jedi Luke (ROTJ)

Replies

• Gannon
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Why would it follow ESB? The Luke we have in game is Bespin Luke, pretty much one of the final scenes in the movie.

Jedi Luke has to follow ROTJ, due to the fact, as Yoda points out in ESB and ROTJ, Luke isn't a jedi...yet. theyd have to call it 'almost there but not quite a jedi Luke' if based on ESB.
    https://youtu.be/eUB6Un9TR7o
    He isn't Jedi Luke until after he confronts Vader at end of RoTJ - as Yoda states in the above scene

If it does follow ROTJ, then this gives CG scope for the 2 additional 'money making' toons people assume will be needed. Commander Solo (Endor Version), and Leia (Endor Version). The other 3 toons will be Chewy, 3po and R2 (and an AI CLS similar to Revan event).

However, it is possible that they may make it a style of event we haven't seen before, or the journey could span both ESB and ROTJ. Lobot in my eyes is a stretch as he doesn't share any scene with Luke - Lando, CHS, ROLO, HYoda, Hoth Soldier twins are all possible candidates tho.

In my eyes it would go:

phase 1: Luke Vs Wampa

Phase 2: Hermit Yoda, R2, CLS on dagobah

Phase 3: Chewy, ROLO, Lando, R2, 3PO on Bespin

Phase 4: CLS Vs Vader on Bespin

Phase 5: AI Luke (black robes), R2, 3PO, Chewy, Raid Han/Lando at Jabbas Palace

Phase 6: AI Luke (Black robes), R2, 3PO, Chewy, Endor Han, Endor Leia

Phase 7: Jedi Luke Vs EP & Vader

To achieve this you'd need:
    5 7* Rebels
    5 7* Empire
    5 7* Ewoks
    5 7* BH
    Long farm on Hyoda
    Long farm on CHS
    Long farm on Rolo
    Lando
    Raid Han (possibly).
    Endor Han (marquee?)
    Endor Leia (marquee?)

Thats a lot of toons

Why would they follow esb? Maybe because all the hero's journey charactets follow one movie. We got cls from an event that followed ep4. Even though he's bespin luke he still only req ep 4 characters. Ep 8 rey only req ep 7 characters. So it's logical ep 6 luke would req ep 5 characters. And the sematics about him technically not being a jedi until the end is just semantics. He was just as powerful at the beginning of the movie as the end. The confrontation with vader was a test but didn't make him any more powerful or anything like that.

I'd love a future hero's journey requiring ep 6 characters. Maybe we could unlock grand master luke from legends. But requiring two movies worth of characters is excessive, there is no precedent in game, and would be a massive cash grab slap in the face to the community.

That was my point also, cls was esb version. As far as movies as concerned the majority of his training, between his brief time with hoda and him showing up in rotj claiming to be a Jedi Knight, happened off camera.
    They should just keep it simple, use what's in game. Don't make it a cash cow. Gear it toward long term, invested players.
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Why would it follow ESB? The Luke we have in game is Bespin Luke, pretty much one of the final scenes in the movie.

Jedi Luke has to follow ROTJ, due to the fact, as Yoda points out in ESB and ROTJ, Luke isn't a jedi...yet. theyd have to call it 'almost there but not quite a jedi Luke' if based on ESB.
    https://youtu.be/eUB6Un9TR7o
    He isn't Jedi Luke until after he confronts Vader at end of RoTJ - as Yoda states in the above scene

If it does follow ROTJ, then this gives CG scope for the 2 additional 'money making' toons people assume will be needed. Commander Solo (Endor Version), and Leia (Endor Version). The other 3 toons will be Chewy, 3po and R2 (and an AI CLS similar to Revan event).

However, it is possible that they may make it a style of event we haven't seen before, or the journey could span both ESB and ROTJ. Lobot in my eyes is a stretch as he doesn't share any scene with Luke - Lando, CHS, ROLO, HYoda, Hoth Soldier twins are all possible candidates tho.

In my eyes it would go:

phase 1: Luke Vs Wampa

Phase 2: Hermit Yoda, R2, CLS on dagobah

Phase 3: Chewy, ROLO, Lando, R2, 3PO on Bespin

Phase 4: CLS Vs Vader on Bespin

Phase 5: AI Luke (black robes), R2, 3PO, Chewy, Raid Han/Lando at Jabbas Palace

Phase 6: AI Luke (Black robes), R2, 3PO, Chewy, Endor Han, Endor Leia

Phase 7: Jedi Luke Vs EP & Vader

To achieve this you'd need:
    5 7* Rebels
    5 7* Empire
    5 7* Ewoks
    5 7* BH
    Long farm on Hyoda
    Long farm on CHS
    Long farm on Rolo
    Lando
    Raid Han (possibly).
    Endor Han (marquee?)
    Endor Leia (marquee?)

Thats a lot of toons

Why would they follow esb? Maybe because all the hero's journey charactets follow one movie. We got cls from an event that followed ep4. Even though he's bespin luke he still only req ep 4 characters. Ep 8 rey only req ep 7 characters. So it's logical ep 6 luke would req ep 5 characters. And the sematics about him technically not being a jedi until the end is just semantics. He was just as powerful at the beginning of the movie as the end. The confrontation with vader was a test but didn't make him any more powerful or anything like that.

I'd love a future hero's journey requiring ep 6 characters. Maybe we could unlock grand master luke from legends. But requiring two movies worth of characters is excessive, there is no precedent in game, and would be a massive cash grab slap in the face to the community.

That was my point also, cls was esb version. As far as movies as concerned the majority of his training, between his brief time with hoda and him showing up in rotj claiming to be a Jedi Knight, happened off camera.
    They should just keep it simple, use what's in game. Don't make it a cash cow. Gear it toward long term, invested players.

Agreed. He should be possible to get ftp if your late game. And I mean without a stash of 50k crystals. One pure cash grab character a year is enough. They can still make plenty off the ill prepare whales and newer whales that haven't had time to farm all the req.

Assuming you go off my post and you have to have 24 characters with many of them geared, there will be many that ate short by enough that they drop $400 or $500 to catch up. There may even be some newer whales that drop well over $2000 to catch up. I don't even kniw what a g12 bh team, a g12 ewok team, hoda, rolo, chs, an empire team, and the cls req would cost starting from scratch but $2000 is probably low end and there would probably ne whales that pay it.
  • Options
    I'm side-farming Lando just in case. But I doubt he'll be used. There are harder-to-get and more important characters from ESB in the game already.

Stop farming. Save crystals. And energy. Your gonna need it
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
  • Options
    KewlLover wrote: »
    I'm side-farming Lando just in case. But I doubt he'll be used. There are harder-to-get and more important characters from ESB in the game already.

Stop farming. Save crystals. And energy. Your gonna need it

I'm only farming him from the GE store. :)
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    Why does everyone keep saying CLS is Bespin Luke? He didn't even change his clothes for pretty much the whole movie. It's the same clothes he had on Dagobah. Even the same clothes he had on underneath his orange flight suit on Hoth.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Gannon
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    Why does everyone keep saying CLS is Bespin Luke? He didn't even change his clothes for pretty much the whole movie. It's the same clothes he had on Dagobah. Even the same clothes he had on underneath his orange flight suit on Hoth.

New hope, Luke is in farmboy attire until the flight suit and the award ceremony at the end.
    Empire strikes back, Luke is in the same outfit the whole time, the one cls in game is wearing.
    Return of the Jedi, Luke is in black outfit the whole movie. That's the 'jedi Luke' look that ppl are talking about I think. But as I said, he begins the movie in this attire, already claiming to be a Jedi. So the 'journey' would need to be from meeting hermit Yoda through the end of empire. Right?
  • Zuckuss12
    129 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Because we are old and he looks like this:

Bespin-Luke.jpg
  • Options

New hope, Luke is in farmboy attire until the flight suit and the award ceremony at the end.
    Empire strikes back, Luke is in the same outfit the whole time, the one cls in game is wearing.
    Return of the Jedi, Luke is in black outfit the whole movie. That's the 'jedi Luke' look that ppl are talking about I think. But as I said, he begins the movie in this attire, already claiming to be a Jedi. So the 'journey' would need to be from meeting hermit Yoda through the end of empire. Right?

This is kinda my point. All of New Hope he is dressed as a Farmboy, and the Journey that requires Farmboy follows the events of New Hope, and then gives you the Luke from the beginning of ESB.
    So if all of ESB he is dressed as CLS, then the Journey that requires CLS follows the events of ESB, and then gives you the Luke from the beginning of ROTJ.
    How does that not make sense?
    Any journey that includes the events of ROTJ would have to give us a Luke from after ROTJ. Like an OP Legends Luke, or even crotchety old man Luke.
  • Gannon
    1640 posts Member
    Options

This is kinda my point. All of New Hope he is dressed as a Farmboy, and the Journey that requires Farmboy follows the events of New Hope, and then gives you the Luke from the beginning of ESB.
    So if all of ESB he is dressed as CLS, then the Journey that requires CLS follows the events of ESB, and then gives you the Luke from the beginning of ROTJ.
    Any journey that includes the events of ROTJ would have to give us a Luke from after ROTJ. Like an OP Legends Luke, or even crotchety old man Luke.

It does make sense, cuz we're arguing the same point. Lol
    Stage one could be cls v a wampa (they could throw a parka over his cls look if they really wanted to, but it doesn't matter)
    Stage two could be cls and hoda facing phantom Vader.
    Etc etc etc..
    At the end he faces real Vader alone and losses.. Hand down.
    But if it's following the story of empire strikes back, all these crazy theories of what toons will be needed are way off. That was the rest of my point.
  • Options

If it's cranky old man luke, I'd pass. Not hero's journey worthy in my opinion.
  • Options

Stage one could be cls v a wampa (they could throw a parka over his cls look if they really wanted to, but it doesn't matter)
    Etc etc etc..
    But if it's following the story of empire strikes back, all these crazy theories of what toons will be needed are way off. That was the rest of my point.

Ah, I see. Sorry for misunderstanding you. :) Yeah sounds like what I was thinking. That's why I still think it'll be CLS, Hoda, ROLO, RHan and Chewie. They can do a stage fighting snowtroopers on Hoth with ROLO, RHan and Chewie. They could technically even do a stage or two without CLS in it if they wanted to.
  • Options

If it's cranky old man luke, I'd pass. Not hero's journey worthy in my opinion.

Indeed. I doubt they'd do that. If they add him, I'm guessing it'll be yet another Marquee.
  • Options

Etc etc etc..

Ah, I see. Sorry for misunderstanding you. :) Yeah sounds like what I was thinking. That's why I still think it'll be CLS, Hoda, ROLO, RHan and Chewie. They can do a stage fighting snowtroopers on Hoth with ROLO, RHan and Chewie. They could technically even do a stage or two without CLS in it if they wanted to.

Why would they do raid han on hoth when they have a hoth han?
  • Gannon
    1640 posts Member
    Options

Etc etc etc..

Cuz he's terrible and a long cantina farm lol and between his two scenes in the parka, he's still wearing the raid han outfit
    😆
  • Options

Etc etc etc..

Cuz he's terrible and a long cantina farm lol and between his two scenes in the parka, he's still wearing the raid han outfit
    😆

Since when is being terrible and a hard farm exclude a character from being needed for a hero's journey? In fact that's what they look for.

I have both at 7 stars so doesn't really matter. Would be easier with raid han I guess. But I'd put my money on hoth han being needed.
  • Gannon
    1640 posts Member
    Options

Etc etc etc..

😆

Since when is being terrible and a hard farm exclude a character from being needed for a hero's journey? In fact that's what they look for.

I have both at 7 stars so doesn't really matter. Would be easier with raid han I guess. But I'd put my money on hoth han being needed.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me, but most ppl I've talked to would prefer raid han, for added synergy with chewy and so they wouldn't need both versions if there was another battle with han after the hoth one. It's also make it more "endgame player" requirements, since you can't buy raid han.
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I don't think Hoth Han because for most of the movie he isn't dressed in that parka. Even in the actual battle he isn't. He is only dressed that way in the opening scene. If they want the toon useable in later phases, Hoth Han is too specific.

Plus the Chewie event doesn't use Hoth Han.

EDIT: Oh, and there's the fact that Chewie doesn't synergize with Hoth Han. Why require Chewie and not RHan?
  • Options
    I don't think Hoth Han because for most of the movie he isn't dressed in that parka. Even in the actual battle he isn't. He is only dressed that way in the opening scene. If they want the toon useable in later phases, Hoth Han is too specific.

EDIT: Oh, and there's the fact that Chewie doesn't synergize with Hoth Han. Why require Chewie and not RHan?

He doesn't really fight much in esb. He's in carbonite for the fighting on bespin. He goes out in hoth gear to rescue luke and to investigate the probe droid. That's where you'll need him.

And I can see chewie being needed for the bespin scenes more than the hoth ones. They could throw him in the hoth one too if they fight probe droids though. But by the time chewie is in the fight on bespin, han is in carbonite.

So you'll likely only have guard on one toon. That does add to the difficulty. But once again, since when would cg consider that a bad thing?
  • Options

The chewie event used raid han to make it harder. The jedi luke won't let you use raid han for the same reason. To make it harder.
  • Gannon
    1640 posts Member
    Options

The chewie event used raid han to make it harder. The jedi luke won't let you use raid han for the same reason. To make it harder.

Good points. I should prolly finish my snow han just in case. If he's included, you'll prolly just need to use his revive on cls. And maybe a Stormtrooper shootout as they escape hoth.. Lol then he'd be absent the rest of the event.
  • Options

Good points. I should prolly finish my snow han just in case. If he's included, you'll prolly just need to use his revive on cls. And maybe a Stormtrooper shootout as they escape hoth.. Lol then he'd be absent the rest of the event.

That's what I'm thinking. Probably needed early on in the event so probably don't need a lot of gear but the stars.
  • Gannon
    1640 posts Member
    Options

That's what I'm thinking. Probably needed early on in the event so probably don't need a lot of gear but the stars.

I like esb, but there's not allot they could do with his journey based solely on his parts in that movie, right? I mean, even if they add a side mission with han, rolo, chewy and c3p0 fighting space bats, Luke's parts are pretty straight forward aren't they? Luke fights wampa, maybe gets revived by han, trains with hoda, fights Vader on bespin, jumps thru the floor with one hand..
    ... Man, becoming a Jedi the Luke way sounds much easier than the old process..
  • Options

I like esb, but there's not allot they could do with his journey based solely on his parts in that movie, right? I mean, even if they add a side mission with han, rolo, chewy and c3p0 fighting space bats, Luke's parts are pretty straight forward aren't they? Luke fights wampa, maybe gets revived by han, trains with hoda, fights Vader on bespin, jumps thru the floor with one hand..
    ... Man, becoming a Jedi the Luke way sounds much easier than the old process..

I think they'll include the escape from bespin with rolo, chewie, lando, r2, and threepio as the finale since they have to get to the falcoln to rescue luke. Probably the one you'll need the most gear for.

And they can make dagobah two or 3 stages. Fighting swamp creatures with r2 and hoda. And one with the cave.

So

2 hoth stages

2 Dagobah stages

3 bespin stages

That's 7 stages and that's all there usually are
  • Options
    CLS... Raid Han... Leia......Lando....Chewy....Hermit Yoda... R2.... 3PO....

• Gannon
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    Smarty wrote: »

Lando and r2 don't make much sense there, but ok
  • Options
    I can't wait for the forum tears when it's hoth han req and not raid han. I can just see the I'm rage quitting because this isn't fair posts.
  • Options
    Mmm, I hope that if they do a rotj Luke it’ll be him at the end of the movie, not the beginning (I.e. gets the Jedi tag). That would mean the final battle would be him confronting Vader/the emperor. The question would be where to start. There are several options: the beginning of both, on cloud city and Jabba’s palace all make sense. The further back it starts, the more characters would be required. I’d personally prefer to start on cloud city, since requiring Hoda would kinda go against how these events have worked in the past (and yes, I do have Hoda, but as mentioned before he can’t be panic farmed). I’d prefer something on this order:
    Phase 1: Rolo, Captain Han and Chewie vs Lando a bunch of stormtroopers and an invincible Vader. It’s over when you die/Vader stuns your entire team (essentially it’s the banquet when Vader captures them).
    Phase 2: CLS confronts Vader the first time. You lose again and get your hand cut off.
    Phase 3: CLS vs rancor in Jabba’s palace. Panel starts destroyed and to have to survive until it spawns and you win by destroying it.
    Phase 4: CLS, Chewie, Raid Han, Rolo and Lando v Jabba/guards.
    Phase 5: CLS, Raid Han, Chewie, Rolo and C-3PO on Endor. Fight against scout troopers, ends with a cutscene with Ewoks and 3PO as their god.
    Phase 6: CLS alone, confront Vader. This time you have to defeat Vader.
    Phase 7: You basically just get wrecked by the emperor, and Vader comes in and kills him.

Requirements would be CLS, ROLO, Captain Han, Raid Han, Chewie, Lando and 3PO. All of those would make sense, and if they really wanted a panic farm all they’d have to do is release an Endor Leia, Solo, Commando or whatever for the farm.
  • Options

If they do an escape bespin to rescue luke both lando and r2 would be needed.

R2 could also be needed for dagobah stages.
  • Options
    I bet it's Chewbacca, R2, Han, C3PO, and ROLO or Hoda.
  • Gannon
    1640 posts Member
    Options

If they do an escape bespin to rescue luke both lando and r2 would be needed.

R2 could also be needed for dagobah stages.

They could, but he is a requirement for cls Anyway so it'd be weird to double dip.
    😂