Possible bug in Yoda Mythic event Tier III

Under zBastilla lead, if Hermit Yoda is in your team, than the enemy team only attacks him (kinda like an invisible taunt) in the first few rounds, except when they do area attack, or GK's taunt is triggered by one of these area attacks (if he is in the team), or if you deliberately taunt with another tank of yours.
What interesting is the fact that he always dodges these attacks. So you basically have a few turns to take out at least two members of the enemy team without taking any damage. After these turns they are able to make damage to HY, and can attack other your other team members, but the fight is basically over by that time.
I tried this about 15 times with different compositions, always with the same results. I don't know if it works under other leader than zBastilla, coz I didn't have that much time to make tests, but it can make the fight easier.

Replies

• Options
    hmm, I noticed that too when I was in the battle. They kept attacking Hyoda and he kept dodging. even when he didn't have foresight up. Strange.
  • Options
    Spang wrote: »
    Under zBastilla lead, if Hermit Yoda is in your team, than the enemy team only attacks him (kinda like an invisible taunt) in the first few rounds, except when they do area attack, or GK's taunt is triggered by one of these area attacks (if he is in the team), or if you deliberately taunt with another tank of yours.
    What interesting is the fact that he always dodges these attacks. So you basically have a few turns to take out at least two members of the enemy team without taking any damage. After these turns they are able to make damage to HY, and can attack other your other team members, but the fight is basically over by that time.
    I tried this about 15 times with different compositions, always with the same results. I don't know if it works under other leader than zBastilla, coz I didn't have that much time to make tests, but it can make the fight easier.

Congrats, u just alerted them to a bug that many would have realised on their own and benefitted from. Maybe next round u wont be able to clear it once they fix it.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yeah, this happenings everytime. All characters on the Mythic tier have an "invisible taunt" that disappears on taking damage. It's designed to spread the high damage of the opposing team between your characters so you don't lose one out of the gate.

This invisible taunt prevents Hermit Yoda gaining stealth, but he keeps the evasion buff as if he was stealthed.

I think it's a result of the stealth (which isn't happening visually) expiring that allows the enemy to finally hit him, and break the taunt, putting everything back to normal.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Now that’s funny because I noticed that in GA. I was fighting a team and my hoda couldn’t get hit at all. I won the match with him easily because the opponent AI kept trying to hit him and couldn’t.
    Left my other toons alone.
  • Gannon
    1633 posts Member
    Options
    Same for me, he tanked most of the battle with full evasion. Lol
  • Options
    Spang wrote: »

Congrats, u just alerted them to a bug that many would have realised on their own and benefitted from. Maybe next round u wont be able to clear it once they fix it.

So, you'd prefer to benefit from a "bug" that gives you an unfair advantage to get through it and hide that from them?

As others have noted, it seems this is an old bug that hasn't been fixed yet. So it's there and they know about it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, this happenings everytime. All characters on the Mythic tier have an "invisible taunt" that disappears on taking damage. It's designed to spread the high damage of the opposing team between your characters so you don't lose one out of the gate.

This invisible taunt prevents Hermit Yoda gaining stealth, but he keeps the evasion buff as if he was stealthed.

I think it's a result of the stealth (which isn't happening visually) expiring that allows the enemy to finally hit him, and break the taunt, putting everything back to normal.

This. Once he takes damage once they will target others, but that is rare.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This. Once he takes damage once they will target others, but that is rare.

Wish they would just make the opening wave of attacks unavoidable already, gets old watching Hermit dodge everything