A Game of Chance! Slot machine luck

Prev1
Remember, this is a game, not a slot machine.

Chewbacca Event is a slot machine. Skill doesn't matter. Just a random crapshoot.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    As with any event/battle the lower your stats (this includes mods) and the way you strategize and build the team, will lead to more RNG.

A better team startegy and mod build can make it easier and feel less like luck.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    As with any event/battle the lower your stats (this includes mods) and the way you strategize and build the team, will lead to more RNG.

A better team startegy and mod build can make it easier and feel less like luck.
    Seeing as how the enemy has preloaded TM , strategy is less important than RNG. No game should be based on RNG for success imo.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Ryche wrote: »

Seeing as how the enemy has preloaded TM , strategy is less important than RNG.

Only if you don't read what you quoted.

Gear, abilities, and mods are all part of strategy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Can ya'all pass some of them baby jesus prayers my way with how ya'all are getting 7* with GL 8 and 9 toons also?

I need a couple more mk6 droid caller salvage to get Bossk to GL 12 , but maxing out gear, abilities, and mods I don't consider strategy.............thats pretty much common sense.

• TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

Can ya'all pass some of them baby jesus prayers my way with how ya'all are getting 7* with GL 8 and 9 toons also?

G8 and 9? The whole point is that the worse your gear and mods, the more RNG you need. At G8 and G9 you need super lucky RNG.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I need a couple more mk6 droid caller salvage to get Bossk to GL 12 , but maxing out gear, abilities, and mods I don't consider strategy.............thats pretty much common sense.

Since much of this game is based on resource management, then yes the strategy is to use as little gear, abilities and other things as possible to be able to achieve the goal. That is a startegy for how to effectively build your roster and considering most people need some gear here and there to get their toons up to g12, it's not likely that everyone is doing it with g12.

The startegy is in all those attributes and mods which can play a big part in a team build to maximize effectiveness in turn order and health/protection while also taking into consideration passive bonuses offered by BH teams.

This event is difficult, and requires some really high level stuff to complete it, the lower you are the more RNG you will experience. It is far from a slot machine, since you can improve you own situation by making changes you have in your control.
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have 5 G12 fully omegad and some zetad Bounty Hunters, half of them with 6* mods, and I've still had 50 attempts at the top tier, with no end in sight. And yes, I know the proper strategy. I got the strategy straight from people who have won it. It's 100% still an RNG game, and I'm sorry but you won't convince me otherwise. My experience says it's completely random how any given battle will go.

EDIT: Final tally, 71 attempts (give or take), and I finally broke through. That's ridiculous.
    Post edited by Yerff_Caasi on
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    I have 5 G12 fully omegad and some zetad Bounty Hunters, half of them with 6* mods, and I've still had 50 attempts at the top tier, with no end in sight. And yes, I know the proper strategy. I got the strategy straight from people who have won it. It's 100% still an RNG game, and I'm sorry but you won't convince me otherwise. My experience says it's completely random how any given battle will go.

EDIT: Final tally, 71 attempts (give or take), and I finally broke through. That's ridiculous.

True. Those new events are RNG heavy, it is less about strategy and gear/mods and more about how lucky you are after the enemies have their first salvo.
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Repost, but the only RNG with the team below was 3 restarts to get Dengar stealthed turn 1. Then it was a slaughter and relatively easy victory for 7*. (For 6* I just put it on auto). There are PLENTY of guides explaining how to do this event e.g. mods, which Omegas, kill order, avoid AOEs etc....

ijrhwx6qxvvd.jpeg
  • Options

no you don't, unless your mods are garbage. pics.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Something is wrong with this all my Tunes 7 Star gear 12 and I'm getting slaughtered like I'm gear 8 makes no sense
  • Options
    fader wrote: »
    Something is wrong with this all my Tunes 7 Star gear 12 and I'm getting slaughtered like I'm gear 8 makes no sense

You need to optimize your mods. Just good mods make it hard to complete, your best mods should suffice.
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

I'm not 100% sure whose mods I put on who, but I took the mods from my Jedi for the event. So the mods on Bastila, Ezra, Jolee, GMYoda, and Hoda (I think, maybe GK) were moved over. Feel free to take a look at them in my swgoh.gg account. https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/

Dunno why you would doubt me anyway... I have nothing to gain by lying.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

I'm not 100% sure whose mods I put on who, but I took the mods from my Jedi for the event. So the mods on Bastila, Ezra, Jolee, GMYoda, and Hoda (I think, maybe GK) were moved over. Feel free to take a look at them in my swgoh.gg account. https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/

Dunno why you would doubt me anyway... I have nothing to gain by lying.

While those may be good good mods, they may not be optimized for the event and BH. Thats part of the strategy.
  • Options

Kyno, we all know you play this game. There’s no way you think this is true. I have 4 G12 BH’s and one G11 with a zeta on bossk lead and it took me 20+ tries to 7*. That was with my best mods. I’ve been playing since Jan of 16. So don’t give us that nonsense. You know just as well as the rest of us that it has nothing to do with skill
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    JK_47 wrote: »

A better team strategy and mod build can make it easier and feel less like luck.

Kyno, we all know you play this game. There’s no way you think this is true. I have 4 G12 BH’s and one G11 with a zeta on bossk lead and it took me 20+ tries to 7*. That was with my best mods. I’ve been playing since Jan of 16. So don’t give us that nonsense. You know just as well as the rest of us that it has nothing to do with skill

Where did i say skill?
    best mods you have or best mods to optimize a BH team? yes there is a difference.

I was able to beat it with less gear than you are stating, a few tries sure, but i actually ended up slowing down my team when balancing out better for health and protection along with potency and what not. thats strategy, and i guess you could call that skill. Kill order also matters, which is again strategy (so again call it skill if you want, but i think of it more as planning) it all matters and can help.

yes harder events feel more RNG reliant because there are bigger swings when things happen. i.e. - a hard hit on the wrong toon. that doesnt mean this is all RNG, its just a hard event.
  • Options
    qtmmeyp0o5q4.png
  • Options
    G12, Zeta. Top mods. Annihilated. 105 attempts now. Went super potency with 400% BH squad overall, everyone had 220+ speed, still couldn't kill a single toon in 100 attempts.

2x dead lando.
    1x dead R2.
    1x dead Han.

Never in the same battle.

Got Chewie in Yellow once.

• Options
    Lowered speed, raised potency. Didn't work.

Raised tenacity, got stunned more.

Tried other BH lead, died before I even got a turn.

If the makeup is Bounty Hunters, you should have a 1 in a 100 shot if you have multi g12 and multi Zeta. So, what you're saying Kyno is that this Raid is less based on RNG the better you get? Then why have My battles gotten worse with higher potency under Boba? Why am I being stunned more when I raise my tenacity?

At this point, I see no reason to pursue this event any further. 4G12 and 3 Zeta should give me a reasonable chance to get it 25% of the time. I'm below 1% chance. That's TOTAL RNG.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Define "top mods."
  • Options
    +15 speed minimum secondary, all 5 dot tier A or T6.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    +15 minimum on every mod on every toon?
  • Options
    Kill order matters.

Kill Chewbacca first.

Okay...so,In 105 attempts, I've gotten him in yellow once.

80% of the time I don't get a chance to hit him with anything other than AOE which is a terrible idea with the turn meter they get added when debuffed.

With my composition, if I want a chance it's pure luck. There is no strategy. Hope Boba Crits enough with 222% crit damage and does more than 25% protection damage to Chewbacca when you're actually able to execute home when he has 5 buffs.
  • Options
    +15 minimum PER MOD.
  • Options
    I spent a million credits swapping mods off of 30+ toons and putting them back on after the 105th attempt ended again in failure.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Well now that we know you don't have either of the two toons that help the most....

EDIT: I missed the earlier screenshot. Point still stands.
  • Options
    And if Dengar and Bossk are required, make them required and not have it be a "Bounty Hunter" Mission/Event.
  • Options
    If this took skill, thats why every time you read someone who 7 starred their sentence starts with "I got good RNG"
  • Options
    efvhz6k4grdm.png

Another guildmate BH. He has just quit the game, informed us over Discord. Stopped counting his attempts.
  • Options
    I did the 7* with this team, 230-250 speed on all, and 80% tenacity on Bossk. Took about 100 attempts.

ZBossk g12
    Cad g12
    Boba g11
    IG88 g11
    Greedo g11

Kill order was R2 > Lando > Chewie > Han > Leia