Chewie event is not fun

2Next

Replies

• Options
    By the way, I support you, @TVF , in your conversations with both @moose2049 and with @jejuzang .
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Jaboo420 wrote: »
    I have 6 BH @ G12, 3 with Zetas, and I get Whooped before my 2nd Attack! I’ve tried at least a 100 times, and it appears I Won’t be able to complete this event. With characters as strong as mine, I Shouldn’t have This hard of a time.
    Someone said we should recommend a fix: how about lowering their speed so they don’t attack 3-4 times to my 1?
    This event is NOT Fun, & I’ve lost interest.
    I’ll still try throughout the remaining days, but I’m NOT going to put in 100 attempts a day!

@Jaboo420 - look at ROLOs leadership....

The only way they can go that often (assuming you have at least +75 speed/character) is if you are using AOEs and debuffing - DONT AOE —> no “Death from Above” & “No Rapid Fire” etc
    This will stop you feeding them all TM via the ROLO leadership they’ve got.
    — Pointed damage with Chewie dying first, Execute him immediately to get Healing Immunity on him. Then use single target damage.
    — Mod wise:
    • Spec Boba to murder them - CD set, CD Triangle, Potency Cross.
    • If Boba is leading stack Potency (crosses and Dengar especially).
    • Make sure Greedo and Cad Bane have sufficient CC to utilise their kits.
    — Gear wise
    • Boba benefits from G12 and Bayonet because he’s doing the killing
    • Others need to be G11 ideally especially squishy toons like Greedo.
    • Gear can be less if you have a well geared, well modded Bossk....or luck.

Oh and drop IG88 if you are using him....if you can’t, then pretend he doesn’t have Rapid Fire....don’t use it.

• Options
    I played this event too much, I like to collect toons and have fun, I don’t want to be the master of the galaxy I just like this universe.
    Please give me something to get this toon 7* I mean 300-400 times I tried and NOTHING. I got bored.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Parseck32 wrote: »
    I played this event too much, I like to collect toons and have fun, I don’t want to be the master of the galaxy I just like this universe.
    Please give me something to get this toon 7* I mean 300-400 times I tried and NOTHING. I got bored.

I deliberate waited until my team was geared and modded to save time. Why spend hours on end if you can do it in 15 minutes with a stronger team?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    @Liath

I think what's fair to say is not that I was proposing a hard gate, but rather that
    if the game designers have in mind that a certain toon should be accessible to only certain players for game balance purposes, they should feel free to use the tools they want to use to make the event hard and to restrict rewards to those players - including, if they feel it necessary, requiring 5 x g12 or whatever. However, restricting to a limited number of players by making the event RNG dependent in the hope that only a certain number of people will be willing to do the RNG grind long enough to get the rewards is a bad design choice, and I would prefer any other design choice to that one.

It's not that I like a hard gate of 5 x g12 or specifying only 5 BH that you're allowed to use in the event. It's that pretty much anything they do to reach the game balance they feel they need to reach is going to be better than a hard gate of watching the stupid cut-scene 5000 times. If I get bored of your cut scene, then I don't deserve rewards? Seriously, I want game balance too, but you're gonna balance the game on who's willing to watch your cut scenes over and over? That seems like a lousy thing to base it on.

So, no, I don't like a hard gate, but I'm perfectly happy to have the event be hard to complete. Oh, and BTW, having pre-loaded TM for a bomb of an opening salvo effectively is a hard gear-gate: If you're not geared up enough to survive the opening salvo, you can't complete the event. So when I'm saying "require 5 x g12" - strictly as a hypothetical and as a concession to the fact that I don't know what their intended outcome is regarding how many Chewies should be in the game after the event - I left it vague on purpose because I'm not here giving the game designers orders. Although I wouldn't particularly like a hard gate of 5 x g12,

1. It wouldn't matter for me, because I have 5 x g12 BH
    and
    2. knowing what the requirements are is actually great for people.

Although I'd prefer something more like the "creative/tricky strategy" option, bringing up my willingness to tolerate a hard gate - which we already have in all the Hero's Journey events even if they're not gear gates, but rather toon/star gates - is done more to emphasize how much RNG is terrible, not how great a hard gear gate.

I'm simply maintaining that however much you do or don't like a hard gear gate, it's much better than the terrible, terrible RNG gate they're using now.

As I said before:
    I don't know the perfect solution, I just know that requiring lots of RNG restarts is a bad solution.

So I'm giving EA/CG feedback, as their website intended and invites. I'm sure that your feedback about hating hard gates is equally useful to them and I hope they're reading all of us.

Whatever gate may have existed for the event, it certainly wasn’t a hard gate of 5xg12.

I completely understand your annoyance at the repeated cut scene but the solution to that is to stop making us repeat the cut scene.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I got 7* Chew first time but I thought they said they skipped the cut scene now after the first time. Or maybe it's shorter?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Parseck32 wrote: »

I deliberate waited until my team was geared and modded to save time. Why spend hours on end if you can do it in 15 minutes with a stronger team?[/

Hey.. I have a good BH( Bobba-cad-ig-Greedo-dengar) team and also good mods. Something is real... I can wait, that’s true, but making the event almost impossible and spend hours and hours, it’s simply not fun... imagine the final boss of the best game that you played of all time, how much time took to you to defeat it ?maybe 1 hour? not days...It’s just a game, and this event confirms that this game become to much complicated with numbers that for SW fans don’t say anything.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I have definitely seen people take way more than hour to defeat individual bosses in video games.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    I have definitely seen people take way more than hour to defeat individual bosses in video games.

It took me 12 to beat the other paddle in Pong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Dark Souls! LOL.
  • Options
    I'm sorry everybody but I need to vent. This event has me very disappointed with this game. This event is ruining my experience with this game to the point that im tempted to uninstall it and never play it again and I'll explain why. I'm a F2P player. I get it, part of the purpose of this game is to make money buying gems, credits shards etc. I'm not oblivious or stupid or ranting for the sake of ranting. I've been playing this game for over 2 years and dedicated tons of time to it because it's a fun game and I'm a huge star wars fan. And all of the challenges I've done up to this point and completed, as difficult and challenging as they have been were still fun to do. I cannot say the same for this Chewbacca event, not even close. I've done about 150 attempts maybe(really rough estimate but definitely a lot of attempts, if not over 140, definitely close) to complete tier 7 unsuccessfully. I know it's SUPPOSED to be challenging but this isn't even close to being "challenging", it's down right IMPOSSIBLE to complete. How others have managed to do it is beyond me. It states that g12 characters are a "recommendation". I think they should've just flat out said REQUIRED and even then there should be a disclaimer stating it still might not work. I have 4 g11 BHs and one G12, so saying "g12 recommended" gives me a false sense of hope that i could actually complete this like i have past events with slightly under-geared characters. I have lost count of how many times i had 4 of my characters eliminated before i even got a chance to take my first turn. I've had 5l numerous attempts where everyone was eliminated without even getting ONE TURN IN!!! Is that even right? Ok now here's the real frustrating part. I have lost count of how many times I've seen the event characters take their turns bombarding me, suddenly there's a brief split second pause, i see the BH contract target come up which makes me think "ok im getting a turn" only to see them start another round of turns and bonus turn meter decimating my team. Even worse, there are times when they've at taken at least two turns each, i notice han solo has about 40-50% turn meter and no one else is even close to 30% TM while at least two of my characters have at least 70-90% TM and suddenly there's that brief pause again and magically han gains 100% turn meter and another onslaught ensues. It's demoralizing. I don't know if this was done on purpose to troll players or if the RNG logic is just THAT messed up. It feels like you have a better chance of hitting the Powerball jackpot than beating this event and it's overly frustrating for a video game. The only thing keeping me engaged in this game right now aside from my fandom is the raids and my guildmates. This event down right sucks. I hope you guys fix it or at least fix what i "complained" about because I'm sure im not the only one that experienced these things or that is this frustrated with the event.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Beat tier 7 on my first try. Used the following:

zBossk, G12 (+0 pieces of gear), speed 256
    zBoba, G12 (+0), speed 243
    IG-88, G11 (+0), speed 211
    Jango, G9 (+1), speed 216
    Dengar, G9 (+0), speed 193

Only one who died was Dengar. IG-88 came close but ended the battle in the green due to HP and protection regeneration.

Kill order: Chewy, Han, Lando, Leia, R2

This event is cake compared to the 3P0 event. I used zChirpa G11, Elder G12, Paploo G11, Logray G10, Scout G10, all with Arena mods and over 200 speed (except Scout) and it took me 6-8 hours worth of attempts to beat the final tier.

zBossk lead + Dengar makes this event SIGNIFICANTLY easier.
  • Options
    @SRod321

You didn't say which BHs you were using, but I'll tell you a couple secrets:
    '
    1. There is a hidden requirement for Dengar. Without Dengar, the difficulty is off the charts. I completed the event with 3 x g12, 1 x g11 & Dengar at g9 on maybe 12 tries, IIRC? Not that many anyway, and it was quickly obvious for most of those attempts that there was no chance and I didn't have to play the whole thing through.

2. The ROLO lead that they use means every debuff they resist gives them TM. If you get one turn, use an AoE, you'll give their whole squad bonus TM and they all go again before your 2nd toon gets a turn.

You gotta focus on using basic attacks and single-target attacks. Cad Bane & Dengar are your friends because they can stun using single-target attacks.

Once Chewy & Han are down, feeding them TM isn't as big a problem and you can use Boba's AoE ability block at that point.

I'm sorry you're in this place. The event is definitely not fun. Even with Dengar, you have to sit there while they pummel you repeatedly, assess where you are with how many dead, then 80% of the time you can quick right there. I think it's a badly designed event when even after meeting the secret Dengar requirement 80% of the time it's not even worth taking your first action. Making it so heavily RNG dependent is a bad thing, IMHO.

So I get it. But if you haven't tried Dengar, do that. Also avoid IG-88 like the plague and though he isn't as important as Dengar, think about including Cad Bane if you can for his stun/dispel. Keep using single target attacks. You'll get there.

Or you can always enjoy a 6* Chewy - almost as good, and no headache. Not available in raids & top-tier Assault Battles or whatever, but still fun.

And, of course, you can quit if that's the right choice for you. You said "vent", so you probably really do want to continue the game, but always remember that it's just a game and if it makes you unhappy, there's really no reason to play it.

If you need to continue venting, keep coming back. If you get your 7* chewy, you can let us know.

All of us who have been there are rooting for you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys, still struggling with it. I forgot to mention my team, Boba G12 lead, dengar, cad, greedo, ig88(i know i know) all G11. Closest I've gotten so far is eliminating lando and i got chewie to about 30% health before they destroyed me again. Only got that far once. Those toons are my only BH options smh. I've experimented with targeting others i.e. rolo, R2, han, chewie with absolutely no success, can't even get their protection down past 70% with the exception of chewie. It's the demoralizing part of it that sucks the most. Is just.......ugh.....i take breaks because like you guys said, it IS just a game. Im just super competitive and like to finish what i start. It's a curse smdh.... I'm a glutton for punishment i guess...
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Two squishies and no tank. No wonder you are having a hard time.
  • Options
    I watched ahnolds video, so i know it's doable, exact same team. I just have no luck. I've been swapping mods left and right with no luck, no improvement whatsoever....
  • Options
    I just did it was g11 Bossk, g10 Jango, Boba, Cad Bane and G9 Dengar. Had to reload about 15 times till I had everyone alive, then nailed it! Probably extremely lucky, but yeh.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    It's fun when you finally beat it.

And it's phenomenal using a 7* Chewie in arena and raids.

I disagree. I just beat it after months of farming and I hated it so much I logged on to the forums to tell the developers how bad this event is.
  • Options
    This event really made me question why I'm even playing this game. Farming Bossk was absolutely brutal and even though I maxed the attempts everyday I was still 50 shards short of getting him to 7*. What really **** me off was that I almost got Chewie last time with BF G12, D G10, CB G10, IG G11, Gr G9. This time I have zBF G12, D G12, CB G12, IG88 G11, and Gr G11 and after 3 days and countless hours it's obvious it will never happen. So I drop $$ to grab the 50 shards I need and get zzBossk at G12 and it still takes hours to clear. This **** in every way possible.
    So here's some feedback: I've been playing this game for almost 3 years but it really isn't enjoyable anymore.
    There is no way to keep up with all the toons you keep releasing, Chewie/3PO/Reven events are dependent on RNG or panic farming but also meta so if you don't have them you're never able to compete in arenas/TW, unless your guild is completely stacked you're not going to even come close to completing HSTR, your guild and player matching algorithm rewards players that collect the fewest toons and punishes those that collect many(which should be the other way around) and the costs you are charging is 3x what is reasonable. I have no problem spending money on a hobby but what you are asking is just way over the top.
    Please make this game great again and if it's not too much trouble please kick the person who designed the Chewie event in the balls for me.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    SRod321 wrote: »
    I watched ahnolds video, so i know it's doable, exact same team. I just have no luck. I've been swapping mods left and right with no luck, no improvement whatsoever....

Did you follow recommendations for modding? Your mods appear to be severely lacking. Take Boba f.ex.:

Crit avoidance arrow, only 31.5% crit dmg triangle, tenacity cross. You need to maximize his execute damage, hope he survives and crits.

Greedo has crit dmg. triangle instead of crit chance and uses health mods instead of potency.

I stopped checking after this.

Taking half an hour to optimize your mods could be a good investment.
  • Options
    Welp, after 4 hours of trying and swapping mods i finally did it! Jesus that was stressful, annoying and difficult. I still think it was tougher than it should've been. Thanks for the advice/feedback and just letting me vent guys, i appreciate it. I found a few vent threads online and found some good mod advice there. Made changes and after another 30 minutes of trying i finally beat it. A good order in case anyone needs help is; as impossible as it seems take out chewie first followed by ROLO, next is han, then r2 and last lando. That's what worked for me. Dengar was the last toon i had left with maybe 10% heath when a thermo detonator took out lando lol talk about a close call lol.
  • Options
    I totally agree! The events are becoming harder and harder and not fun at all, after all isnt that the purpose of a game is to have fun?
    I’ll be honest...I’m quickly losing interest in this game! It used to be fun and my favorite. Not so much Now!
  • AAA
    1 posts Member
    Options
    This event is far from fun and is just frustrating to play once you reach T7. I have played this event during all 4 times it has come up and have no idea how many attempts I have made in that time. My team is stronger than those who have completed it and I follow the same strategy they did to win but to no success. My team is 10-20K gp higher and the same heroes but that doesn't seem to make a difference on successful completion of T7.

Making an event challenging is one thing, but to make the event dependent sololy on good RNG is ridiculous and down right sad. The development team should be able to come up with more creative ways to make an event difficult other than programming winning Powerball odds into the game event.

As stated above the STR was reworked specifically because players would restart P3 until the best buffs for them showed up giving them a high damage result. This made for a frustrating game experience and the raid was updated to address this problem and trend. It was corrected back in September 2018 as posted by CG_SBCrumb. It almost seems that what CG learned from the STR and corrected a month before was forgotten in a couple weeks when the Legendary Wookie event first came out. Making any raid/node/event ridiculous dependent on RNG was not successful before, is not successful now in the Wookie event and will never be successful in the future. In order to keep this game a fun experience for people, maintain the fan base, and CG's income source intact then any current and future raids/events of the game which is extremely dependent on RNG must be removed from CG's playbook immediately. Should the frustration of these RNG aspects continue then CG will alienate and continue to drive more of their customers away.