Why doesn’t Darth Scion actually die?

Prev1
He’s already autotaunting while stunned because being completely incapacitated is super intimidating, rendering my Greedo zeta worthless. Then when the universe aligns and it’s down to Bossk and Dengar versus Scion with one minute left and you kill him three times, he still doesn’t die and you end in a draw when you should be higher in the arena rankings than you ever have before.

It’s too much!

End the ridiculous amount of overpowered tricks up the Siths sleeves. I won that battle and want my rank up to #8 where it should be. Immortality should not be a special ability in a fighting game. Nothing I just witnessed makes any sense and I’m tired of it.

Replies

• Options
    Held by Hatred is a unique buff that grants Sion a revive with 100%HP and 100%TM. (Or maybe its just Hatred and Held by Hatred is the move name)

Held by Hatred is on a 8 turn cooldown, but it gets reduced by 1 each time an opponent gets pain which is basically each time Sion gets hit.

Just kill him twice without him taking a turn. Stuns, Ability Block works.
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Held by Hatred is a unique buff that grants Sion a revive with 100%HP and 100%TM. (Or maybe its just Hatred and Held by Hatred is the move name)

Held by Hatred is on a 8 turn cooldown, but it gets reduced by 1 each time an opponent gets pain which is basically each time Sion gets hit.

* 15 turn cooldown.
  • Options
    So I understand that you are running BH. Would you advocate for the removal of revive abilities if Boba suffered the consequences?
    I bet in high end arena nobody has a problem facing Sion. Once you get familiar with the characters' kit it's not that hard to beat them. Again, if you are running BH, execute Sion with Boba while you still have him on your team. That will prevent revives.
  • Options

* 15 turn cooldown.

Why did i think it was 8? that makes infinitely more sense. thanks.
  • Options
    I won that battle and want my rank up to #8 where it should be.

No you didn't, winning requires you to kill all 5 enemies permanently. You need to understand and plan around character abilities.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    .... and you end in a draw when you should be higher in the arena rankings than you ever have before.

[...]

I won that battle and want my rank up to #8 where it should be. Immortality should not be a special ability in a fighting game. Nothing I just witnessed makes any sense and I’m tired of it.

It's quite simple:
    You climb in ranks, when you win the battle. You didn't win. No, you shouldn't have climbed to #8. You should stay at your rank, like you did.

And no, Sion is not immortal. You simply don't understand his abilities/kit. May I suggest, that you read the in-game descriptions of Sion's abilities.

• Options
    Why did i think it was 8? that makes infinitely more sense. thanks.

Annihilate’s is 8.
  • Options
    Maybe try using a better team. Sion isn't un beatable by any means. Though bh have few counters to him. Boba's execute is one but that requires keeoing him alive long enough to kill him with it. That isn't an easy task with bh vs sith.

Bossk and dengar just don't have the dps to kill sion quickly enoigh twice to avoid held by hatred going off again before you kill him again.

There are several toons that can keep sion under control

Thrawn with fracture
    Boba with execute
    Jango with anti revives
    Nihilas with anhilate
    Traya with isolate
    High dps team such as cls with han and chewie, jedi under revan or bastilla, jtr, and wiggs.

Unfortunately for you bhs aren't meta or even competitive in the meta. Sith are. If you want to win against them consistently use a team that can beat them consistently.
  • Options
    Sion not Scion. He's a Sith lord not a budget car brand Mr "I'm a journalist".

And he does die. I have killed him many times, including with Bounty Hunters.
  • Options
    Im more intersted in what candy **** arena shard allows a BH squad in the top 10. And how do I transfer?
  • Options
    Im more intersted in what candy **** arena shard allows a BH squad in the top 10. And how do I transfer?

I'm interested in that too
  • Options
    If Sion is your biggest problem, you have a long road ahead of you.
  • Options

Let's not pretend like Darth Sion is a cakewalk. He was a powerful character before and is still a powerful character.

Especially since you never see him alone. And the whole time you're beating him into submission Nihilus is getting an ever expanding health pool, and Traya is getting stronger too.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Before the crapmobile, scion meant heir to a dynasty, or a piece of fruit wood to be grafted on to a rootstock. (Still does, in fact.)

Since you are so interested in precision.
  • Options
    Easybee wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Before the crapmobile, scion meant heir to a dynasty, or a piece of fruit wood to be grafted on to a rootstock. (Still does, in fact.)

Since you are so interested in precision.
    I know but that would be lower-case 'scion'. :p
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Geeze some hate on the bh like they're walk overs. I run jango lead, bossk, dengar boba and raid han (all g12+). I eat the sith and ns for breakfast and if it wasn't for the bloody revans I would be in the top 20 easily.
  • Options
    Maybe try using a better team. Sion isn't un beatable by any means. Though bh have few counters to him. Boba's execute is one but that requires keeoing him alive long enough to kill him with it. That isn't an easy task with bh vs sith.

Bossk and dengar just don't have the dps to kill sion quickly enoigh twice to avoid held by hatred going off again before you kill him again.

Thrawn with fracture
    Boba with execute
    Jango with anti revives
    Nihilas with anhilate
    Traya with isolate
    High dps team such as cls with han and chewie, jedi under revan or bastilla, jtr, and wiggs.

Unfortunately for you bhs aren't meta or even competitive in the meta. Sith are. If you want to win against them consistently use a team that can beat them consistently.

The only thing I can’t beat with my BH are Revan teams, Traya teams. Everything else you can slowly pick apart and defeat. Thanks all for the advice.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Actual footage of OP attempting to beat Sion:

ActiveAgedCommabutterfly-small.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Or zBastilla jedi team, he never lands hate and GMY eats him for lunch.
  • Options
    The worst part is that, like Jolee, he can queue these things.

So Sion gets off held, then you take a few turns to kill him. He revives from held, gets 100% tm, and casts held a second time. Take a few turns to kill him, and bam! the cycle repeats.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Troyo
    63 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't like Sion reviving make sure you avoid Nightsisters Squads. They can all revive in multiple ways.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Saada wrote: »
    Geeze some hate on the bh like they're walk overs. I run jango lead, bossk, dengar boba and raid han (all g12+). I eat the sith and ns for breakfast and if it wasn't for the bloody revans I would be in the top 20 easily.

If it weren't for Revan a lot of people would say that too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Thrawn with fracture
    Boba with execute
    Jango with anti revives
    Nihilas with anhilate
    Traya with isolate

The only thing I can’t beat with my BH are Revan teams, Traya teams. Everything else you can slowly pick apart and defeat. Thanks all for the advice.

Yeah but in arena, if you can't beat revan or traya, you have a hard time climbing since at least in my shard the top 50 or so is all revan or traya.

And running another team puts a target on you for others that struggle with revan or traya.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

Thrawn with fracture
    Boba with execute
    Jango with anti revives
    Nihilas with anhilate
    Traya with isolate

Yeah but in arena, if you can't beat revan or traya, you have a hard time climbing since at least in my shard the top 50 or so is all revan or traya.

And running another team puts a target on you for others that struggle with revan or traya.

No CLS now? I made a count last night and there were 32 Revan, 8 CLS and 8 Traya. 3 CLS in the top 10, highest Traya was at 20.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    No CLS now? I made a count last night and there were 32 Revan, 8 CLS and 8 Traya. 3 CLS in the top 10, highest Traya was at 20.

Yeah, even before 3PO, CLS/Chewie teams were putting dents into Traya’s place in the meta. Now with 3PO it’s an even easier team to beat. A lot more CLS teams and even some other teams built around 3PO are popping up in my shard.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Thrawn with fracture
    Boba with execute
    Jango with anti revives
    Nihilas with anhilate
    Traya with isolate

Yeah there are some cls with chewie and 3PO but still mostly revan and traya
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Weird.