The Clock has become the real opponent.

2Next

Replies

• Options
    dominiQC wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Maxed geos with offense up need one turn to blow through maxed HT with defense down.

Geos are too slow vs a Mace Timeout Fleet... And you need that offense up and defense down (which wont stick most of the time on HT)...

The Mace turtle fleets can take upwards of three or sometimes four minutes, but the fight is rarely in question because they have absolutely zero offense.

Mace has plenty of offense if Fives is in the starting lineup and Anakin comes in shortly after. More than plenty.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Have never timed out in fleet or arena....having said that if it is an ongoing issue you may simply have to switch arena and fleet teams.
    Have you faced a Mace Windu fleet team in the top end of fleet arena yet?

Yes a couple guys run that in my shard...not hard to beat with bh crew and a fast chimaera. I rarely face them though as they rarely break top 10
    if they can’t break top 10 then I seriously doubt they have all pilots and Mace Windu at g12 and ships at 7 stars

I run a fully maxed out geo with Thrawn and offense up + Spy’s Special is my First go to move to kill a HT with a Command Shuttle to do another Spy special back to back if the all out assault fails to kill it

I’m not a noob to ships but when Plo Koon is First reinforcement and buffs up HT with Gauntlet also buffing it up it’s over

The ones I go against have a whaled Anakin ship who arrives with exposes on everyone and hits extremely hard

I don’t think it’s impossible to beat but it’s not easy. Silencer doesn’t have enough DPS to beat it
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Have never timed out in fleet or arena....having said that if it is an ongoing issue you may simply have to switch arena and fleet teams.
    Have you faced a Mace Windu fleet team in the top end of fleet arena yet?

Yes a couple guys run that in my shard...not hard to beat with bh crew and a fast chimaera. I rarely face them though as they rarely break top 10
    if they can’t break top 10 then I seriously doubt they have all pilots and Mace Windu at g12 and ships at 7 stars

I run a fully maxed out geo with Thrawn and offense up + Spy’s Special is my First go to move to kill a HT with a Command Shuttle to do another Spy special back to back if the all out assault fails to kill it

I’m not a noob to ships but when Plo Koon is First reinforcement and buffs up HT with Gauntlet also buffing it up it’s over

The ones I go against have a whaled Anakin ship who arrives with exposes on everyone and hits extremely hard

I don’t think it’s impossible to beat but it’s not easy. Silencer doesn’t have enough DPS to beat it

No they are all fully maxed it's just we have a tough ship shard and they fall too easy on defense...everyone at the top run maxed bh ships with gauntlet, tie advanced, ahsoka, cassian, reaper, ghost and a couple others.....not saying they're not a respectable team it's just everybody prefers fighting windu vs thrawn as there isn't the coin flip who's ultimate goes first as everyone has the same speed thrawn
  • Options
    HT is simply overpowered.

Unless you have the tools to deal with it a 7* HT can solo an entire squad.

It’s not unbeatable but it is annoying.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you have the tools to deal with it

Well yeah. Get the tools. Problem solved.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    The clock is the true enemy of us all...

That being said, HT, like Nest, requires a practiced approach until a new ship/toon is released to counter it much more directly.

Same of most new releases lately. People scream OP but in reality they are just frustrated because it's new and requires time before people come up with the good counters.

I think because there are limited ships compared to toons and it was a more neglected part of the game, it's much easier to become frustrated when a new ship throws off every strategy you had.

Just like Chaze, NS rework, Nest, CLS, JTR, Traya, Revan, etc, each time these new toons came out, it took time to come up the counters.

The difference here is that instead of getting killed quickly by a team you aren't prepared for, you have the ability to survive in ships but don't have the right squad to kill it before time runs out. Give it some time, do some video searches, the right teams are out there.

• Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    dominiQC wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Maxed geos with offense up need one turn to blow through maxed HT with defense down.

Geos are too slow vs a Mace Timeout Fleet... And you need that offense up and defense down (which wont stick most of the time on HT)...

The Mace turtle fleets can take upwards of three or sometimes four minutes, but the fight is rarely in question because they have absolutely zero offense.

Mace has plenty of offense if Fives is in the starting lineup and Anakin comes in shortly after. More than plenty.

I could see this. The one Mace fleet that I've had to contend with (in three ship shards) reinforced Anakin last, and at low stars. I use him as a reinforcement in one of those fleets and he's the real deal without the GR synergy. So....maybe I should start doing some farming...
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I really hate fleet right now. The Falcon better have an ignore taunt attack.

I would rather it have a reduce max health that can't be resisted. Would make the protection up easy to burn through.
  • Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I really hate fleet right now. The Falcon better have an ignore taunt attack.

I would rather it have a reduce max health that can't be resisted. Would make the protection up easy to burn through.

Or just use ships that ignore protection...
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    There are two great counter arguments to the case for longer timers:

1. "You're already engaged in a battle", and
    2. "Your opponent is already engaged in battle"
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

This
  • Options

Meh give me longer battles all day. The slight inconvenience of having to wait is off set by the horribleness of having draws.
  • iPro
    17 posts Member
    Options
    What fleet arena teams do y'all use? My battles don't last longer than 2 minutes
  • Options
    iPro wrote: »
    What fleet arena teams do y'all use? My battles don't last longer than 2 minutes

Doesnt seem possible if you’re dealing with high end mace fleets. It should be beatable between 3-4min with the risk of a timeout if you take too long to decide.
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    I am in @Palanthian 's shard, and the maxed out mace fleets with all g12, 7* toons/ships with 6e mods are a huge pain to deal with. I would say I time out within 30 seconds of the killing shot roughly 30% of the time. Fleet has really become a chore with this new meta, particularly with mace and his ridiculously slow/drawn out animations.

For those saying "get the right tools", I have most of the ships/pilots maxed out, and I know palanthian does as well, but we still time out way more often than we should on offense.
  • Options
    Jaxom wrote: »
    I am in @Palanthian 's shard, and the maxed out mace fleets with all g12, 7* toons/ships with 6e mods are a huge pain to deal with. I would say I time out within 30 seconds of the killing shot roughly 30% of the time. Fleet has really become a chore with this new meta, particularly with mace and his ridiculously slow/drawn out animations.

Emphasis by me. This is a huge pet peeve of mine even when time is not the issue. Slow motion attacks plus the constant camera panning, which makes me a bit nauseous at times. I imagine these animations are also an unnecessary battery drain on phones. I wish there were a way to disable camera movement and complex animations, maybe with an additional 5x speed setting. This might solve two problems in one fell swoop.