should I continue "wasting" GW store currency?

Prev1
Hi guys

I'm at a point now, where the only toons I haven't yet unlocked in the GW store are:
Bohdi Rook
Poggle The Lesser
Tusken Raider

None of which I expect to get much use out of...

My question is now:
Should I get these chars or should I spend my GW currency on chars/ships I have at full and that way get shard store currency?

Replies

• Options
    Shard shop currency, I regret farming those characters. Maybe poggle will have use in the future if he gets a rework
  • Options
    At some point some of those easy farms from GW could be needed for a legendary char or something... If u miss any legendary for those few shard shop currency u will get mad for sure xD
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I would get enough shards so you dont have yo worry if they are needed later.

Then shard shop currency for gear.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I ran into the same dilemma recently - actually with those same 3 characters- and decided to say screw it and get enough shards to 7* everyone. I don't want to be kicking myself later if somebody gets reworked or is needed for a legendary.

I just need two more Tusken Raider shipments and I'm done. It doesn't really take that long.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I'd go shard store.
  • Options
    Takes 22 days from 0-330 in GW store. If you keep 6,800 tokens on hand, you can cut that to 17 days.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    The safest bet is to farm all the characters because you never know when something that was previously useless will suddenly become required. (See, e.g., Hoth Rebel Losers when TB launches.)
  • Options
    I’d farm them to 7*. At the very least, they can be used for platooning to help your guild. One day they may also get reworked or may be required for a special event (like Ewoks for C3PO). Its better to have them and not use them than not have them and need them.
  • Options
    I’d farm them to 7*. At the very least, they can be used for platooning to help your guild. One day they may also get reworked or may be required for a special event (like Ewoks for C3PO). Its better to have them and not use them than not have them and need them.
    Every useless toon you farm and power up counts against you in GA matchmaking.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

So? There’s more to the game then GA
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Even if you think this makes enough difference to matter, who said you have to hit the promote button? Just buy the shards and leave them at 100/100 or whatever. That way you're ready to promote if ever needed but don't touch your GP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    Options
    You can always leave those 7* guys at level/gear 1.
  • Options
    Except for Bodhi - he's pretty useless - multiple other faction options and nothing interesting about his kit - I just hate having to look at him every day knowing he's the only toon I haven't farmed from that store.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Except for Bodhi - he's pretty useless - multiple other faction options and nothing interesting about his kit - I just hate having to look at him every day knowing he's the only toon I haven't farmed from that store.

He's definitely rubbish, but I feel so much better not seeing that annoying "0/30" every time I open the store up.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

He's definitely rubbish, but I feel so much better not seeing that annoying "0/30" every time I open the store up.

Go for 330/30!

Better yet, see if you can beat my IG86 to 1000! You have an advantage because I took him to 5* before I knew how this game works.
  • Options

So? That does not invalidate my statement.
  • Options

It’s makes your statement pointless and whiny.
  • Options
    A 7* L1 only adds ~300 GP. You do not need to worry about a 7* L1 character handicapping your GA or TW efforts.

The smart move would be to at least 7* them all while the shards are available and basically free. Gear them up later if needed.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Go for 330/30!

Please only go for 280/30. 330/30 would be a real waste.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Go for 330/30!

Better yet, see if you can beat my IG86 to 1000! You have an advantage because I took him to 5* before I knew how this game works.

Hah, too late, I already promoted him. Whenever I have a lot of spare credits I look around my roster and do a few promotions even if it's not a character I'll be using soon (or in Bodhi's case, maybe ever). I know it hurts more than it helps (except for TB I guess), but seeing "Max" under a character is just so much more satisfying to me than knowing I have "extra" shards lying around. Plus, y'know, shard shop.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

Go for 330/30!

Please only go for 280/30. 330/30 would be a real waste.

Ah crap.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Go for 330/30!

Hah, too late, I already promoted him. Whenever I have a lot of spare credits I look around my roster and do a few promotions even if it's not a character I'll be using soon (or in Bodhi's case, maybe ever). I know it hurts more than it helps (except for TB I guess), but seeing "Max" under a character is just so much more satisfying to me than knowing I have "extra" shards lying around. Plus, y'know, shard shop.

Well now you've done it, you'll never win a GA match again.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

It’s makes your statement pointless and whiny.
    golf-clap.gif
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

Go for 330/30!

Well now you've done it, you'll never win a GA match again.

Nyoo2ak.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Team of 5 Genosian could be interesting.
  • Options

Go for 330/30!

How close to 1000 are you?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Go for 330/30!

How close to 1000 are you?

I'd have to check back for the most recent discord screenshot but something like 640/85.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If your guild needs them for platoons (uf those 3 are rare in your guild) I would farm them. However, chances are that your guild already has plenty of them at 7* already. Bodhi will never bee needed higher than 6* for platoons. If you farm IG-2000, you will receive Poglle shards as well. No need to buy Poggle in the shop just yet.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Just 7* them and be done with it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.