should I continue "wasting" GW store currency?

2Next

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I’d farm them to 7*. At the very least, they can be used for platooning to help your guild. One day they may also get reworked or may be required for a special event (like Ewoks for C3PO). Its better to have them and not use them than not have them and need them.
    Every useless toon you farm and power up counts against you in GA matchmaking.

I 7* them all, it’ll be worth it in the future. ;)

For the GA complaint:
    I don’t care if I slightly hinder my ability to perform well in one flawed aspect of the game, especially if I’m improving other areas such as TB, future events, different Raid teams, etc.

P.S.: if you’re ever wondering why Bodhi is so bad, it’s because he was given out for FREE.

P.P.S.: I have Bodhi 7* and gear 9. #probablynotworthit
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    Options
    I’m a collector so I got them all to seven stars. And because I’m a collector, I struggle mightily in Grand Arena. But I’ve learned to stop caring about that and most other things that frustrate me with his game. Just playing the way I want to.

At one point I was keeping extra Galactic War currency on hand like @Kyno mentioned. But I stopped doing that and converted it all to Shard Shop, which is great for getting gear. And 7 star Grievous, which (of course) I also have.
  • Options
    I farmed out the galactic war store, and plan to eventually farm out all the other stores as well. This is mainly for platoon reasons. And even though each additional 7* character means 2000 more unused galactic power, I have not had problems being ridiculously outmatched in grand arena. Thus far, I’m 7-3 overall.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I'd do a mix of farming and shard shop till they're seven star.

Then go ham on shard shop, seeing as how devs said no new toons are coming. Can't pretend like they can't change they're minds, so if you wanna keep like 7200 or so go for it
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    I’d farm them to 7*. At the very least, they can be used for platooning to help your guild. One day they may also get reworked or may be required for a special event (like Ewoks for C3PO). Its better to have them and not use them than not have them and need them.
    P.S.: if you’re ever wondering why Bodhi is so bad, it’s because he was given out for FREE.
    You mean like bastila? And hounds tooth? And nihilius? And sion? And every other marquee (meta breaking or not)?
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Not the same.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    You mean like bastila? And hounds tooth? And nihilius? And sion? And every other marquee (meta breaking or not)?

No they actually gave him out as a gift. Not a marquee, just a free character.
  • Options
    One thing though... You have to remember what you are NOT getting, when you are spending your shards on (at the moment) useless chars...

I'd be missing out on a not-small amount of shard currency when buying the shards needed for taking these chars to 7*

But I see your point, that they might be useful in the future...

I guess it's a gamble :/
  • Options
    Not really a gamble, And , on the plus side. Once you finish those chars up. All your tokens can go towards shard shop currency without ever causing an issue.
  • Options
    zdne0e0ps6n3.jpg

Taking him to G12 right now.
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

You don't have to increase their star level. Just collect the 330 shards and sit on them until such time as you actually need them, then you can worry about leveling, etc.