Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

  • Jjiminijimjim
    19 posts Member
    edited January 10
    I was pretty much on board with the ban mode TW, as it's fun to play around character restrictions, try new comps, it's not forever, etc... Until I realized the one true reason to hate this mode is that if you wanted to be competitive, you'd have to unmod 20 of your most used toons, remod ALL the others, and then back again after lock in happened. The mod tools we have are helpful but that's still potentially hours of additional time in game not having fun. NO THANK YOU.

    Oh and here's an awesome post, just wanted to make sure everyone sees it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/ac2o6r/list_of_twenty_better_tw_variations/

  • Sbumaj
    4 posts Member
    edited January 10
    They're ignoring their own forums and intentionally doing the opposite of what players want. Maybe they'll understand this

    s6tvi9rn5m9j.png
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Eliza42 wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Why continue this farce that the large majority of your players clearly don't want?

    You understand that there was a vote and the majority actually voted for the thing that you're angry about?
    CHFC22, two issue, first the vote was on serval monkey and you could vote as many times as you wished (dynamic IP allocation, delete cookies) so yes the anonymous vote was rigged as in the 60 pages of negative feedback a number of people claimed to vote multiple times. (Open admissions of multiple voting = evidence of it being rigged)

    Second if a mugger comes up to you and demands either your wallet or watch and refuses to let you opped out, and you chose to give him your watch, it was not your free choice. You were going to lose something and you had no choice or ability to avoid losing something.

    Yes, that's an exact analogy. Thanks

    that's a silly analogy, you can choose to not participate, no one is forcing you

    Agreed. I was being very facetious
  • giphy.gif
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • stephrad wrote: »
    Someone call whine-one-one for the SWGOH community, they need a whambulance.

    Kudos @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie @CG_SvenGG you're doing the right thing. Keep experimenting because it's the only way to figure out what works and doesn't. Let the data speak and not just some players' fears of the unknown. As a fellow behavioural designer, just remember that those complaining are feeling a bit of emotional dissonance... but majority probably won't leave because they've invested so much already. So go ahead and shake things up to find the nuggets that drive activity, trigger the dopamine, and keep the community spending to keep this game alive. I love it.


    well there are only two ways this can end. And in both of 'em, you're wrong ;)
    My motivation in playing/buying for Malak/Revan etc. just went way downhill.

    "invested so much" … you are talking to a SWG player.

    yeah … when the NGE patch arrives, it's time to leave ;)


  • Eliza42 wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Eliza42 wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Why continue this farce that the large majority of your players clearly don't want?

    You understand that there was a vote and the majority actually voted for the thing that you're angry about?
    CHFC22, two issue, first the vote was on serval monkey and you could vote as many times as you wished (dynamic IP allocation, delete cookies) so yes the anonymous vote was rigged as in the 60 pages of negative feedback a number of people claimed to vote multiple times. (Open admissions of multiple voting = evidence of it being rigged)

    Second if a mugger comes up to you and demands either your wallet or watch and refuses to let you opped out, and you chose to give him your watch, it was not your free choice. You were going to lose something and you had no choice or ability to avoid losing something.

    Yes, that's an exact analogy. Thanks

    So if the voting was rigged, and EA (according to “that’s an exact analogy”) taken my 7* Revan and 7* Traya away form me is akin to me being mugged, would not this mean I could feel ‘robbed’ (of these toons) and that EA metaphorically ‘mugged me’????

    If so the 60 pages of mostly negative feedback in last thread and 24 pages of mostly negative feedback in this thread is somewhat justified???

    You can feel robbed as much as you like, and it absolutely isn't my place to say how you should feel. However, 6, 60 or 6000 pages doesn't mean anything beyond this was an unpopular decision.
  • It’s amazing the lies people will try spread,
    Sbumaj wrote: »
    They're ignoring their own forums and intentionally doing the opposite of what players want. Maybe they'll understand this

    s6tvi9rn5m9j.png

  • deadaelus
    6 posts Member
    edited January 10
    Please don’t ever do this again.

    This is so frustrating. At least a dozen of my top characters are not available. I’m still trying to do the prestigious quests. TW was cancelled in December because of grand arena and might as well just be cancelled in January too. I never even got a chance to vote in this nonsense. I’d like to extend a Thanks to the 1000 trolls who voted to determine the fate of the next TW.
  • What I want is a statistical break down after the new TW of:

    1) How many people hit join.
    2) How many people placed a team on defense.
    3) How many people attempted an attack.
    4) How do these compare to the Mace Windu TW.
    5) How do these compare to original TW.
    6) How did mace TW compare to original TW.
    7) What was the % decline in people hitting join.
    8) What was the % decline in people taking actions in TW.
    9) What % of players had unlocked the banned heroes.
    10) What % of players had the banned heroes at g12.
    11) What % of players had a zeta on the banned hero.
    12) Of the people listed in 9-11, what’s the change in their participation.

    This is a game of trade offs. If you focus on farming one thing, you will miss out on something else. This is fine, it gives people choices to pursue the aspect of the game they enjoy the most.

    The problem I see with this TW is that a lot of people farmed our heroes specifically for TW, and maybe even spent money on those heroes. A lot of the banned heroes are niche for TW (some clearly aren’t). That initial trade off decision that was made to pursue TW now doesn’t feel like it was worth it, and that’s what is upsetting.

    Now a guild that decided to farm out characters for Sith raid instead of focusing on TWcould theoretically be matched against a guild that did focus their farm on TW and now that advantage is lost.
  • Eliza42
    10 posts Member
    edited January 10
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Okay this is interesting..

    "What’s even worse than banning toons in TW? Accepting the results of a highly exploitable SurveyMonkey poll where trolls can vote as many times as they want! This poll reeks of voter fraud"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/aee3xo/whats_even_worse_than_banning_toons_in_tw/

    I know. I’d still love to see the hard numbers on how many votes were tallied and what the percentages were for each group. Wonder how fishy the number will look...

    Whether any wrong doing happened or not, EA using a 3rd party is kinda surprising. 4 billion dollar company, I think one of the programmers can write a voting script. Unreal. You can't make this stuff up.
    Wooow. And to be clear, I’m not accusing the devs of rigging the vote. I just know that there have been one or two people who have been public on reddit saying they’ve used bots to vote. So a part of me wonders that we haven’t seen the numbers because it’ll be obvious bots voted.
    Plus I’m honestly curious, if they did filter out the bot votes, how many unique votes there actually were.

    They said they removed the Bot votes

    To be more accurate they removed amiture Bot results, all a properly written bot needs is access to a web servers access logs and it can create traffic which can not be spotted.

    If I was writting a bot I’d also have given it the set I wish excluded and everything else.

    With 3 out of 4 being randomly picked from one set and 1 randomly from the other. Run it a 1,000 times using different agent strings (taken from the above) and IP addresses over 24 hours with IP address/voting times matching the timezone of the IP address being used with random times to cast votes and random think times between page requests (based on timezone and expected distributions).

    (Anyway I can say this now that voting is over, and it may give EA more information on how they exclude such a bot that voted from all over the world from multiple IP addresses/timezones/agent strings with different voting patterns)

  • Want to give all Guilds a challenge without hindering any players?
    Triple the size of the TW map.

    Instead of the current set-up:
    2 Ground + 1 Fleet, 2 Ground + 1 Fleet, 2 Ground, 2 Ground

    Make it:
    6 Ground + 3 Fleet, 6 Ground + 3 Fleet, 6 Ground, 6 Ground
    Rule #55: "The riskier the road, the greater the profit."
    Rule #214: "Never begin a business transaction on an empty stomach."
    Rule #255: "A wife is a luxury, a smart accountant a necessity."

    Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    edited January 10
    The fact they have seen this thread and reddits and have not made one reply or justification sickens me to my stomach... If you were treated with this silence and ignorance in a store for longer than an hour, let alone 2 hours you'd be given a warning or more.

    I've been playing this game for 3 years... It is non longer fun and it is no longer being made to be fun.
    The game is controlled by the finance department... they call the odds and not even developers can have any say. It's another little prod to the players of this game of "we can't do anything, we don't own the money".
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Everyone you need to save your breath no one with the power to change the outcome reads or cares about our comments. they are going to do their experiment regardless of anything said so each of us will have to choose our response back in some other manner they understand. That will have to be a choice made by you. The only thing that ever matters to any service based company is money and customer reviews period.
  • Since I can’t talk about the status of my own wallet I hope everyone supporting this TW change also opens their wallet and helps fund the game moving forward cuz that’s what’s really important
  • I'm sure that kind is not Territory Wars Community Style. The community style would be a buff on just some factions in battles.
    Clone Wars - Buffs for Clone Troopers and Separatists. Many Territory Wars later...
    Grand Sith War - Buffs for Jedi and Sith. A while later...
    Galactic Civil War - Buffs for Empire vs Rebellion. After that...
    Small War - Buffs for Resistance vs First Order

    but we have to know that Resistance and First Order could get more leader abilities like General Hux, Captain Moden, Supreme Leader Snoke, FO Snowtrooper Commander, FO Snowtrooper, FO Flametrooper, Old Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, General Leia Organa Solo, Old Admiral Ackbar, Admiral U.O. Statura,...
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3040 posts Member
    edited January 10
    stephrad wrote: »
    Someone call whine-one-one for the SWGOH community, they need a whambulance.

    Kudos @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie @CG_SvenGG you're doing the right thing. Keep experimenting because it's the only way to figure out what works and doesn't. Let the data speak and not just some players' fears of the unknown. As a fellow behavioural designer, just remember that those complaining are feeling a bit of emotional dissonance... but majority probably won't leave because they've invested so much already. So go ahead and shake things up to find the nuggets that drive activity, trigger the dopamine, and keep the community spending to keep this game alive. I love it.


    well there are only two ways this can end. And in both of 'em, you're wrong ;)
    My motivation in playing/buying for Malak/Revan etc. just went way downhill.

    "invested so much" … you are talking to a SWG player.

    yeah … when the NGE patch arrives, it's time to leave ;)


    Ahazi, Elder Jedi! I remember the NGE.. vividly..
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • I'm sure that kind is not Territory Wars Community Style. The community style would be a buff on just some factions in battles.
    Clone Wars - Buffs for Clone Troopers and Separatists. Many Territory Wars later...
    Grand Sith War - Buffs for Jedi and Sith. A while later...
    Galactic Civil War - Buffs for Empire vs Rebellion. After that...
    Small War - Buffs for Resistance vs First Order

    but we have to know that Resistance and First Order could get more leader abilities like General Hux, Captain Moden, Supreme Leader Snoke, FO Snowtrooper Commander, FO Snowtrooper, FO Flametrooper, Old Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, General Leia Organa Solo, Old Admiral Ackbar, Admiral U.O. Statura,...

    That's it! That's exactly the kind of event this community is looking for
  • I said this when this terrible idea was first announced, and it still holds true... Removing content is not the same as new content. If you want to keep people interested, you provide new content. Removing content people have paid for and/or worked for through grinding and events is not “shaking things up.” The temporary buffs were fine because it was something new. The players shouldn’t have to explain the difference to the devs.
  • Around Christmas there was so much going on. After the new year it was quite. Not much in the game and not much guild chat. TB is routine now and there is not much chat around it. Most people in my guild look forward to TW.

    Well there is plenty of chat now. Just none of it is positive. This is like applying platoons to TW. “Here are some characters that you are not going to play with at all”. And this is supposed to be fun? I don’t get the intent and I can only hope that they don’t do this again. I a have 7 Zetas that I am not going to be using in TW and I don’t have Revan. I developed these characters to have fun playing with them, not being told I cannot use them.

    I would like to believe that EA has good intentions but it seems they did not think this through.
  • It’s amazing the lies people will try spread,
    Sbumaj wrote: »
    They're ignoring their own forums and intentionally doing the opposite of what players want. Maybe they'll understand this

    s6tvi9rn5m9j.png

    Not really a lie
  • Haha, don’t worry everyone! This is a totally one-time event and they’ve never done anything like this before nor will they after .

    Besides, there’s literally only a few super duper loud, screaming detractors here. Like, less than .1%.

    Seriously, give it a shot and stop worrying about future actions by CG! Remember, it’s only a game ™️
  • stephrad wrote: »
    Someone call whine-one-one for the SWGOH community, they need a whambulance.

    Kudos @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie @CG_SvenGG you're doing the right thing. Keep experimenting because it's the only way to figure out what works and doesn't. Let the data speak and not just some players' fears of the unknown. As a fellow behavioural designer, just remember that those complaining are feeling a bit of emotional dissonance... but majority probably won't leave because they've invested so much already. So go ahead and shake things up to find the nuggets that drive activity, trigger the dopamine, and keep the community spending to keep this game alive. I love it.

    I want some of what this guy is drinking! Must be some pretty potent stuff to make him think this banning toons thing is a good idea. Even more so to ignore 85 pages of players hating this idea being voiced in multiple threads.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    stephrad wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    stephrad wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    HowieWan wrote: »
    No characters are being "banned." A small number of characters are being temporarily rotated out of TW. Important difference.

    Did anyone ever say banned permanently from everything? 😂
    They're pushing forward with this, against most people's wishes, which will set a precedent in restricting players toons.
    Do you really think they'd set this up to only use once? Expect to see restrictions everywhere else in the near future..


    Perhaps c3p0 will be the next.. From the Sith raid, for sure, maybe even arena.

    Dude relax, it's for this month alone and who knows what this could do for the community... they need to experiment in order to keep us entertained... sadly your dopamine dries up with things staying the same. Sometimes you have to go against the will of the people or else you find yourself sitting in the dark ages with no one to battle against in TW in truth. This is for the greater good, not you alone. So even though the community complained, once upon a time, men also complained why women should be allowed to vote. To create an awesome community for you and the thousands of other dedicated players, this must happen to keep things interesting.

    I thought I was pretty relaxed.. 😂
    The toon restrictions aren't gong to hurt my teams or ability to win in TW..

    The fact that they're restricting the use of toons that take large amounts of time/money really bothers me tho.

    As you all your other points, you're saying that restrictions were the only way they can improve the game and keep it fun? Have some imagination man. There's a million better ways..

    Dude, it's for one month... and then there'll be something else next month. Spending money doesn't entitle you to ****... you made that choice. So suck it up and let's see what comes of this. They probably have data of top players and spenders falling off without changes... thus, this is their second attempt at trying something different. I'm sure they thought this through and looked at what they can do. Peace brother.

    Don't quote my post if you don't read my comments. Way to be ignorant.. Congrats.

    Lol Gannon don’t bother with this guy.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    It’s amazing the lies people will try spread,
    Sbumaj wrote: »
    They're ignoring their own forums and intentionally doing the opposite of what players want. Maybe they'll understand this

    s6tvi9rn5m9j.png

    Not really a lie

    Really, So that entire statement is true, it’s not twisted into something false in anyway?
  • Alienigen
    10 posts Member
    edited January 10
    "I do not expect my post to make any difference in the development process (because it's abvious that posts from most active members are not read or at least not taken into account)." [/quote]


    Yes they are read, but they read so many that it becomes so hard what advice to follow that they then don't follow any😂😂
This discussion has been closed.