Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

  • Silent1018 wrote: »
    Silent1018 wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    CG silence does not mean CG isn't listening. Perhaps they just aren't ready to comment. But the devs have on numerous occasions on these forums and on other public places expressed their love of the game and of SW in general. This is not just a business for many of them; it's also their passion. SW has brought us all together, introducing people to others from all across the world. It's truly amazing to see! I believe CG is made of up regular people like Sven, and many others who are behind the scenes, and they all really do want to meet the expectations of the community, keep the game fresh and exciting, and innovate in fun ways.

    I understand the responses many have made regarding the TW 'ban' on premium toons. You paid or invested lots of time and energy, for toons and now can't use them. Or the inconvenience of mod switching from banned toons to viable ones. Or the disparate impact to gamers with smaller rosters. I only want to encourage you to be positive and upbeat, but continue to express your opinions, and if possible remain civilized. Don't feel that you are not being heard, because you are. Their are thousands and thousands of views on these threads, and I would bet RL money that a lot of those views are from CG/EA staffers, from top to bottom.

    I’m disinclined to give them the benefit of the doubt anymore. I don’t believe them when they say they play the game too or spend their own money on it. I think it is a lie. Because I simply can’t believe that anyone who plays this game seriously or cares about it beyond simply a paycheck would make this decision. Further, the messaging that says “this is what the community wanted,” is flat insulting. If they paid attention to our feedback or cared in the slightest, they would not say that. They care insofar as it helps them keep their jobs. That’s it.

    So they misunderstood our community. O well, this can happen. Onward and forward. At this point I'm going to wait and let CG team come to terms with the communities response. I understand you're passionate about the game, and that's great. It really is.

    They didn’t misunderstand the community, they blatantly ignored. There is a whole other thread with over 60 pages of negative feedback. They then proceeded to follow through with it, and are now playing coward and not responding.

    Things don't just happen on a dime. If you have unrealistic expectations, yes you'll find a way to be disappointed. I see beyond your jockeying internet reflexsive comments. I see you and a lot of other people who enjoy this game, from players like you, to developers at CG in Sacramento. I choose to see the positive in these responses here. And I respond even though I hold little hope you will choose to see it my way. I respond knowing it's very likely you'll up the ante and place even larger grander ideas dreaming up even darker motives. The little hope I have is still more than enough to keep on. I chose to see you as a passionate person who loves SW like many others here, including those you seem to hold in disdain at CG. We're actually not all that different, all of us. And I think if we all got together and had a conversation over a beer we'd get along just fine.

    I understand things don’t happen on a dime, but they asked for feedback, feedback was given then ignored. And then they had the audacity to say they we asked for the change. That’s not unrealistic expectations.

    Unless its a nerf to help revan or to nerf the zombie
  • Conspiracy theory:. This whole "community style" TW was staged due to any guild potentially being able to field fifty of these teams. They really only wanted to control the zFinn cheese, even if they weren't ready for an answer in the sith raid, so to prevent further backlash from barring one or two toons, they package it up as a "community TW" until they have prepared a fix.

    Thoughts? Or should I just pick up the pitchfork again?

    You may be right. I'm still sticking with it's an incentive for people to whale on stale but unbanned characters.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    I’m 99% sure this new TW was designed to encourage players to spend real money...


    Gee, ya think?



  • Comet19 wrote: »
    I’m 99% sure this new TW was designed to encourage players to spend real money...
    Gee, ya think?

    ROFLMAO..
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Comet19
    178 posts Member
    edited January 12
    Comet19 wrote: »
    I’m 99% sure this new TW was designed to encourage players to spend real money...


    Gee, ya think?



    I did feel a little like Captain Obvious there. :D
    But also there are still people saying that this was necessary and a genius way to put a spark of life back into TW. :neutral:
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    CG silence does not mean CG isn't listening. Perhaps they just aren't ready to comment. But the devs have on numerous occasions on these forums and on other public places expressed their love of the game and of SW in general. This is not just a business for many of them; it's also their passion. SW has brought us all together, introducing people to others from all across the world. It's truly amazing to see! I believe CG is made of up regular people like Sven, and many others who are behind the scenes, and they all really do want to meet the expectations of the community, keep the game fresh and exciting, and innovate in fun ways.

    I understand the responses many have made regarding the TW 'ban' on premium toons. You paid or invested lots of time and energy, for toons and now can't use them. Or the inconvenience of mod switching from banned toons to viable ones. Or the disparate impact to gamers with smaller rosters. I only want to encourage you to be positive and upbeat, but continue to express your opinions, and if possible remain civilized. Don't feel that you are not being heard, because you are. Their are thousands and thousands of views on these threads, and I would bet RL money that a lot of those views are from CG/EA staffers, from top to bottom.

    I’m disinclined to give them the benefit of the doubt anymore. I don’t believe them when they say they play the game too or spend their own money on it. I think it is a lie. Because I simply can’t believe that anyone who plays this game seriously or cares about it beyond simply a paycheck would make this decision. Further, the messaging that says “this is what the community wanted,” is flat insulting. If they paid attention to our feedback or cared in the slightest, they would not say that. They care insofar as it helps them keep their jobs. That’s it.

    So they misunderstood our community. O well, this can happen. Onward and forward. At this point I'm going to wait and let CG team come to terms with the communities response. I understand you're passionate about the game, and that's great. It really is.

    Misunderstood? It wasn’t difficult to understand. It was crystal clear. They didn’t misunderstand us. They ignored us. They saw it was near universally despised and did it anyway. Spin that how you like, but it is insulting to the players.
  • Gee this debacle rates right up there with SWG's NGE. They both resulted in fracturing the players confidence. Still, it was a teaching lesson. I mean, we have learned, an awful lot. Trust, well that was a casualty to be sure. But it's not all bad, when you learn you grow. And knowing is half the battle.

    It reminds me of the first attempt to nerf Deathstorm. Just clear they weren’t listening and just as universally despised. They eventually rolled that back, though.
  • Silent1018 wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    CG silence does not mean CG isn't listening. Perhaps they just aren't ready to comment. But the devs have on numerous occasions on these forums and on other public places expressed their love of the game and of SW in general. This is not just a business for many of them; it's also their passion. SW has brought us all together, introducing people to others from all across the world. It's truly amazing to see! I believe CG is made of up regular people like Sven, and many others who are behind the scenes, and they all really do want to meet the expectations of the community, keep the game fresh and exciting, and innovate in fun ways.

    I understand the responses many have made regarding the TW 'ban' on premium toons. You paid or invested lots of time and energy, for toons and now can't use them. Or the inconvenience of mod switching from banned toons to viable ones. Or the disparate impact to gamers with smaller rosters. I only want to encourage you to be positive and upbeat, but continue to express your opinions, and if possible remain civilized. Don't feel that you are not being heard, because you are. Their are thousands and thousands of views on these threads, and I would bet RL money that a lot of those views are from CG/EA staffers, from top to bottom.

    I’m disinclined to give them the benefit of the doubt anymore. I don’t believe them when they say they play the game too or spend their own money on it. I think it is a lie. Because I simply can’t believe that anyone who plays this game seriously or cares about it beyond simply a paycheck would make this decision. Further, the messaging that says “this is what the community wanted,” is flat insulting. If they paid attention to our feedback or cared in the slightest, they would not say that. They care insofar as it helps them keep their jobs. That’s it.

    So they misunderstood our community. O well, this can happen. Onward and forward. At this point I'm going to wait and let CG team come to terms with the communities response. I understand you're passionate about the game, and that's great. It really is.

    They didn’t misunderstand the community, they blatantly ignored. There is a whole other thread with over 60 pages of negative feedback. They then proceeded to follow through with it, and are now playing coward and not responding.

    Things don't just happen on a dime. If you have unrealistic expectations, yes you'll find a way to be disappointed. I see beyond your jockeying internet reflexsive comments. I see you and a lot of other people who enjoy this game, from players like you, to developers at CG in Sacramento. I choose to see the positive in these responses here. And I respond even though I hold little hope you will choose to see it my way. I respond knowing it's very likely you'll up the ante and place even larger grander ideas dreaming up even darker motives. The little hope I have is still more than enough to keep on. I chose to see you as a passionate person who loves SW like many others here, including those you seem to hold in disdain at CG. We're actually not all that different, all of us. And I think if we all got together and had a conversation over a beer we'd get along just fine.

    At this point, it is naieve to believe anyone at CG enjoys this game beyond the paycheck it offers them. It is also not unrealistic to expect developers will listen to the players and respond appropriately when an idea like this is so universally despised by the community. It is the bare minimum we should expect, quite frankly.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    While I am not overly excited for that TW concept, I'll never understand how so many people (not only here, but as an internet phenomenon in general) willingly put so much energy into unconstructive hating. Hand in hand with it goes the situation that people who refuse to share the hate, will be hated, too. Guess that's just part of human nature... I'm rather part of the "let's give it a try and put judgements afterwards, not before"-type of players. Of course it's a little disappointing that I won't be able to use my freshly zeta'd Jolee in my Jedi team, but it's a one-time-only thing so far, with same conditions for everyone.
    Laughing at a handful on here who think this is not a big deal and to give it a try. Here's the main issues that I have with this horrible idea:

    5. Anyone who is a guild leader or officer now has to spend more time trying to come up with a brand new defense strategy and try and beg/motivate the guild to participate in the dumbest TW ever created.

    Not only participate but move mods as well. I mean, we are talking about 20 toons I believe, most of which people had modded, and some of which have premier mods. Are we suppose to remod and entire roster each TW? And are we suppose to expect a guild to do that?

    I can't think of a way to demotivate people for even more participation than having to remod every TW.
    Actually I didn't plan to comment in such a mega thread at all, but that argument about mods has been brought up a couple of times before and I just don't get it. I mean... if someone has a character like Revan (e.g.) , he/she will most likely use him in Arena and other game modes, and not only geared him for TWs. So why would you remove mods from a viable character, only because you can't use him in one TW? And even if characters are not in the Arena squad, it's not worth the effort of switching mods and burning a bunch of credits. In general, people who overly switch their mods around and count their GP everyday, make the game more complicated than it actually is and put more stress on themselves than necessary. If really as many guilds won't seriously participate in the coming TW as people have stated here to boycott it, my guild would actually have an easy time with such an opponent! B)

    People who switch mods understand the game and treat it competitively, which is why they also seem to hate this a lot more than you do.
  • I am surprised no one has brought up whether the GP of these banned toons are still going to count in matching guilds there could be some big mismatches if they are.
  • I am surprised no one has brought up whether the GP of these banned toons are still going to count in matching guilds there could be some big mismatches if they are.

    It has been brought up and answered. Banned characters will count towards a guild’s GP for matching purposes.
  • All this is based on a lack of communication.
    Adding clarity on the plans for upcomming TWs would have definately helped.

    No snark intended, but it is not in EA's makeup to be forth coming. They neither want or require our input, approval, or advice. We can play or go away. Either way they will not change, not one little bit.

    I know not a response to my post, but I'll give a quick response to yours. If what you say is true, there's no need for a forum I guess. But I see we do have a forum. I wonder what that could mean? Do you have any ideas why a forum is maintained?

    Most companies have message forums as a user generated FAQ/Helpdesk. In this case the players answer repetitive questions, freeing up support personnel. They also serve as a knowledgebase for players to learn how to operate the game, solve issues, suggest alternate ideas, etc. They are not for having a direct line to the developers as many think. EA is notorious for not wanting them but they concede their use, and for appearance sake they are a neccessary evil. I speak with some authority having been a volunteer and a paid moderator for commercial sites, and I have worked as a designer and have customized them for commercial companies since they came into vogue in the late 90's.

    What you say all sounds reasonable, until you really listen to what it is you say and the ethos you claim. I don't care to get into all that. It's not easy trying to be positive here...lol. It actually takes a lot of self restraint.

    Let me respond by only asking a few more questions.

    If the community is not supposed to have a 'direct line to the devs' and forums are a 'necessary evil', (1) why have a beta program and ask forum users to participate, and (2) why use random survey's in game from the community at large? Maybe I'm slow witted, but I can't reconcile your words with what I see.

    Most companies forbid their staff from interacting in forums unless their replies are read and approved. But this makes sense, it's easy to be drawn into an argument and act as a person, not an employee. Most recently it happened with a popular MMO resulting in 2 employees being terminated. (Let's not rehash that incident, that horse is long dead). The Devs here are made aware or may even read the posts. A CM is employed to act as a liaison or firewall if you will to interact as required. The days of "Hanging out" with employees are pretty much long gone. Work loads, etc. Coupled with our (the players) taking every single utterance here as gospel, hard fact, carved in stone, will absolutely happen, make it so attitude they fear saying anything, because it will be taken out of context, held against them, etc.

    Beta programs are generally used to act as load testers and to report any glaring functionality errors. They rarely are used to decide on updates being acceptable etc. They aren't the players working as testers giving advice, or voicing upset at proposed changes. When software reaches a "Beta" state it is getting ready for release. I have been a beta tester elsewhere, and each version we tested we were told "OK, go break it". And some would do just that. Seriously I interacted with testers I call scary smart. LOL So much the person we reported to would remark "I am glad you are on our side" as they could find bugs fast, sometimes serious ones.

    Wow, I'm been doing this type of stuff since the late 90's.. ok rocker and shawl please.. (I just turned 60)

    Interesting but we're way off topic, tks for rolling me down memory lane lol

    You're definitely speaking from more experience than I. I may have missed characterized the involvement of the company with the forums, and frankly I don't have 1st hand knowledge. But I am certain, because it's reasonable to assume, key members of the company are aware of what is said on the forums. Nevertheless, it would definitely make the CM's job easier by remaining upbeat. I guess that's all I am trying to say.

    The problem here is that many people just don’t share your positive perception of the devs given what we have seen in our time playing this game. We constantly feel ignored and that our concerns are always secondary to the bottom line in a game with a predatory business model developed by a company notorious for ignoring players’ concerns to squeeze as much money as possible out of every title.
  • I am surprised no one has brought up whether the GP of these banned toons are still going to count in matching guilds there could be some big mismatches if they are.

    The GP of banned toons is going to count per Kyno's reply in the update thread. And yes, that's also a poor design that doesn't seem completely thought out as well.
  • @SkiaRyder just wait until you see a grey box that says "SWGOH Dev Team" under the thread title. Then you'll know when they've commented. You can also click the box to go right to their comment.
  • Or just assume they won't respond, this way you won't be disappointed
  • Brrr cold outside.. not much warmer in here..
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • I'm mostly disturbed by how long it's going to take to mod my characters for this event.
    Also, feel bad for the people that only have 5-6 g12 characters but maxed out 6 dot mods for them. Not only can't they use their best characters, they also don't have other characters that can equip their best mods.
  • I'm mostly disturbed by how long it's going to take to mod my characters for this event.
    Also, feel bad for the people that only have 5-6 g12 characters but maxed out 6 dot mods for them. Not only can't they use their best characters, they also don't have other characters that can equip their best mods.

    I think that's the reason, pushing people to panic farm etc.. I can safely say I won't be lol. Not because I have a strong roster, but because I don't care. Told those in my guild, joining the next TW is up to them. I won't hold it against them if they obstain.
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • I'm mostly disturbed by how long it's going to take to mod my characters for this event.
    Also, feel bad for the people that only have 5-6 g12 characters but maxed out 6 dot mods for them. Not only can't they use their best characters, they also don't have other characters that can equip their best mods.

    I think that's the reason, pushing people to panic farm etc.. I can safely say I won't be lol. Not because I have a strong roster, but because I don't care. Told those in my guild, joining the next TW is up to them. I won't hold it against them if they obstain.

    Good call
  • I'm mostly disturbed by how long it's going to take to mod my characters for this event.
    Also, feel bad for the people that only have 5-6 g12 characters but maxed out 6 dot mods for them. Not only can't they use their best characters, they also don't have other characters that can equip their best mods.

    I think that's the reason, pushing people to panic farm etc.. I can safely say I won't be lol. Not because I have a strong roster, but because I don't care. Told those in my guild, joining the next TW is up to them. I won't hold it against them if they obstain.

    Good call

    Ty!

    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • This is not what we wanted.

    I hate that you have reduced the enjoyment i will get from this tw, and hope someone gets fired for this horrendous decision. Please let us know who is going to get fired.

    Thanks.
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    All this is based on a lack of communication.
    Adding clarity on the plans for upcomming TWs would have definately helped.

    No snark intended, but it is not in EA's makeup to be forth coming. They neither want or require our input, approval, or advice. We can play or go away. Either way they will not change, not one little bit.

    I know not a response to my post, but I'll give a quick response to yours. If what you say is true, there's no need for a forum I guess. But I see we do have a forum. I wonder what that could mean? Do you have any ideas why a forum is maintained?

    Most companies have message forums as a user generated FAQ/Helpdesk. In this case the players answer repetitive questions, freeing up support personnel. They also serve as a knowledgebase for players to learn how to operate the game, solve issues, suggest alternate ideas, etc. They are not for having a direct line to the developers as many think. EA is notorious for not wanting them but they concede their use, and for appearance sake they are a neccessary evil. I speak with some authority having been a volunteer and a paid moderator for commercial sites, and I have worked as a designer and have customized them for commercial companies since they came into vogue in the late 90's.

    What you say all sounds reasonable, until you really listen to what it is you say and the ethos you claim. I don't care to get into all that. It's not easy trying to be positive here...lol. It actually takes a lot of self restraint.

    Let me respond by only asking a few more questions.

    If the community is not supposed to have a 'direct line to the devs' and forums are a 'necessary evil', (1) why have a beta program and ask forum users to participate, and (2) why use random survey's in game from the community at large? Maybe I'm slow witted, but I can't reconcile your words with what I see.

    Most companies forbid their staff from interacting in forums unless their replies are read and approved. But this makes sense, it's easy to be drawn into an argument and act as a person, not an employee. Most recently it happened with a popular MMO resulting in 2 employees being terminated. (Let's not rehash that incident, that horse is long dead). The Devs here are made aware or may even read the posts. A CM is employed to act as a liaison or firewall if you will to interact as required. The days of "Hanging out" with employees are pretty much long gone. Work loads, etc. Coupled with our (the players) taking every single utterance here as gospel, hard fact, carved in stone, will absolutely happen, make it so attitude they fear saying anything, because it will be taken out of context, held against them, etc.

    Beta programs are generally used to act as load testers and to report any glaring functionality errors. They rarely are used to decide on updates being acceptable etc. They aren't the players working as testers giving advice, or voicing upset at proposed changes. When software reaches a "Beta" state it is getting ready for release. I have been a beta tester elsewhere, and each version we tested we were told "OK, go break it". And some would do just that. Seriously I interacted with testers I call scary smart. LOL So much the person we reported to would remark "I am glad you are on our side" as they could find bugs fast, sometimes serious ones.

    Wow, I'm been doing this type of stuff since the late 90's.. ok rocker and shawl please.. (I just turned 60)

    Interesting but we're way off topic, tks for rolling me down memory lane lol

    You're definitely speaking from more experience than I. I may have missed characterized the involvement of the company with the forums, and frankly I don't have 1st hand knowledge. But I am certain, because it's reasonable to assume, key members of the company are aware of what is said on the forums. Nevertheless, it would definitely make the CM's job easier by remaining upbeat. I guess that's all I am trying to say.

    The problem here is that many people just don’t share your positive perception of the devs given what we have seen in our time playing this game. We constantly feel ignored and that our concerns are always secondary to the bottom line in a game with a predatory business model developed by a company notorious for ignoring players’ concerns to squeeze as much money as possible out of every title.

    I say being positive is a state of mind, and a choice. It's OK to critique things, anything really. The journey of ctitiquing is all I mention. I've on numerous occassions said to offer feedback. This can be done in a positive way or a negative way. I say being negative only hurts the speaker. Now I don't know the devs, I don't know if they care about us. In not knowing I give them the benefit of the doubt that they are regular people like you and I, like us.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Why woild we even bother to continue to collect characters if we are never going to use them. Increase the team counts for GA and TW. Lets start using our entire rosters.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Why woild we even bother to continue to collect characters if we are never going to use them. Increase the team counts for GA and TW. Lets start using our entire rosters.

    Completely agree, restricting toons is one way to make us use our full rosters but it’s far from the best way
  • Which is precisely what they are counting on. It is clear they neither want nor require our input. Only EA or Disney can effect any changes now. Thinking anything else is just false hope. If you have played long enough, you know this is true. Now, that said, voicing concerns in a calm, coherent, fashion is good. In fact it forces them and those watching from afar to take us seriously. Otherwise we are just "Toxic" and they have an excuse to ignore us. We know the only voice they hear loud and clear. I would confirm it but that violates their TOS. Which in an of itself speaks volumes about how they do things.

    For the most part, I agree with what you say.
    I would only add, everyone has to live with themselves and face themselves in the mirror. If people are really taking advantage of another, it's their conscience they ruin. Being negative won't help someone see themselves. They'll only see the negative and then excuse their behavior. I'm not saying don't deal with issues, but why resort to Hyperbole? It really doesn't help a position, except to insite others similarly.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
This discussion has been closed.