You can still stun if they dodge your attack!?

RG's attack was dodged by Kit Fisto, but he still got stunned... o_0

Bug, or working as designed?

Replies

• Options
    That doesn't cover my question....

The issue isn't that kit was already stunned and dodged my attack.
    The issue here is that he DODGED the attack that caused the stun. So how can he get stunned if he dodged the hit!? (Not the other way around: how to dodge a hit when stunned).
  • Options

Yes it does.
    EA_Jesse wrote:
    When barriss misses her basic attack, should my group still be healed?
    Our current standard is: if an attack is Evaded, and that attack had positive effects for self/allies, they still go off; if it had negative effects for the target/other enemies, they don’t. Effects that depend on damage dealt (e.g. Consular’s Attack as Defense) also don’t work, obviously—you have to actually do damage to be able to heal for a percentage of damage dealt.

This answers your question exactly.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    So, sounds like a bug. If Dooku lightning gets dodged, there is no attempt to stun.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    you want to know something even weirder?

They can dodge an attack when they are stunned. :/
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Or bariss can heal thru HI........ Okay just kidding couldn't help myself.
  • Options
    I've also seen this happen. M

I'm pretty sure attack damage and effect are treated separately for some attacks on some characters. Based on what EA_Jesse said in the linked post, it stands to reason that it might be a bug. With RG's (I've seen what OP is talking about) being a new add, it might have been set up weird.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    EA states it is supposed to work one way and it does something different... Yes bug. However I can only assume based on info given. Changes happen all the time without the players being informed.

Million Dollar question @Mstrdrgn1012 have you posted this in the bug or feedback section?
  • Options

Yes it does.
    EA_Jesse wrote:
    Our current standard is: if an attack is Evaded, and that attack had positive effects for self/allies, they still go off; if it had negative effects for the target/other enemies, they don’t. Effects that depend on damage dealt (e.g. Consular’s Attack as Defense) also don’t work, obviously—you have to actually do damage to be able to heal for a percentage of damage dealt.

But its false.... It did apply negative effect even tho it was dodged.

(Also, I hadn't read that when I saw it was in regards to Bariss. =P thought I was being pointed to the stun/dodge text, since I was blindly pointed to that link with no reference, its understandable)
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    EA states it is supposed to work one way and it does something different... Yes bug. However I can only assume based on info given. Changes happen all the time without the players being informed.

Million Dollar question @Mstrdrgn1012 have you posted this in the bug or feedback section?

I did not. Wasn't sure if this was already discussed.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Yes it does.
    EA_Jesse wrote:

(Also, I hadn't read that when I saw it was in regards to Bariss. =P thought I was being pointed to the stun/dodge text, since I was blindly pointed to that link with no reference, its understandable)

OK I will keep that in mind for the next time I try to help.
    it was a post stating how it should work. Again if it doesn't work as described it is a bug so yes it did provide an answer.

Your question:

Bug.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Yes it does.
    EA_Jesse wrote:

OK I will keep that in mind for the next time I try to help.
    it was a post stating how it should work. Again if it doesn't work as described it is a bug so yes it did provide an answer.

Your question:

Bug.

Ya I got that.
    Thx.
    Lol.
  • droidboyz
    316 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    no phone abuse please...and proceed to the nearest exit :)
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    droidboyz wrote: »
    no phone abuse please...and proceed to the nearest exit :)

??
  • Options
    Its ok, I'm cooled down now. And I'm not touching the game anymore tonight.
    Been years since a game had that effect on me... o_0
    Shouldn't let it get to me. Anyway, wrong thread... So yeah.