The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Replies

• Good job CG
  • This, this is fantastic and a fun idea! Take my money CG, you had me at buffing under used characters!
  • I do not like green eggs and bans. I would not like them here or there. I would not like them anywhere.
  • Here for a positive comment. Heckin’ yes, I like this. I’m going to run into immortal Ewok and Trooper squads, but I’d much rather have that than toon bans.
  • Here's some feedback. Don't include anymore bans. I'm not participating in this TW because of them and I won't participate in an future TW that includes them. The vast majority of the community doesn't want to see these bans, you know the vast majority of the community doesn't want to see these bans, and you know your ballot boxes were stuffed by people who wrote easy scripts to vote for what they wanted thousands of times. Just swallow your pride, admit it was a stupid idea, and throw it in the trash where it belongs.
  • Feelmyforce
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Some of the replies here are from people who clearly did not read the post and see that this TW has unique faction buffs instead of banned characters.

Buffs are good, especially on underused characters. More please.

Bans are awful and smell like feet. Don't do those anymore.

You are incorrect sir. You are the one who did not read it. They clearly indicated that bans are still on the table for future TW which is asinine given the feedback on the first go round. Given the community outrage they should have either made the decision that it would never happen again or not even mentioned it and simply said next TW is faction bonuses.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • I'm gonna go ahead and be the voice of chaos.

Character bans actually isn't a completely terrible idea; it was just horribly implemented this time. There are quite a few characters and teams that are super annoying to fight and I have no problem banning those teams to keep things fresh. But taking one key toon out of multiple squads effectively neuters all of those squads and that's no fun. However, taking many toons out of the same faction would be a lot more balanced. For example, you could ban Traya, Nihilus, Sion, Revan, GMY and Jolee and still have tons of viable squads to choose from. Heck, maybe even through in some buffs for Jedi and Sith to make up for the loss of their most powerful characters so those factions aren't a complete write-off.

I would argue that this implementation of bans would go over a lot better than the current one. Which really isn't that hard to do.
  • Never Never Never change a Running System. Rollback to the Old TW
  • Quit defending bans CG it was a horrible idea and don’t do it again or risk alienating a solid portion of the player base.

Bethesda, Disney/EA, Activision.......CG? 2019 for the win.
  • These bonus features sound awesome. This is nice.
  • Not a fan of having well built hard to get toons being banned. Too many squads become rather useless when key toons are banned.
  • @CG_SBCrumb does the imperial trooper ability trigger if there is only one?
  • @CG_SBCrumb 😂😂😂😂 keeping winning the hearts and minds of the community. Here is some feedback. Just own this TW mess, hand out a few clone wars chewie shard and avoid disenfranchising the player base with foolish ideas like bans.

Lmao listen to feed back they said. 😂😂😂😂🤮
  • OMG he just said ‘bans may return’ and ‘we’d love to hear more feedback’ in the same sentence. :D:D:D

I wish this was a shocking response from them
  • What if you killed 2 birds with one stone? Make TW's give EVERY player that signs up EVERY character at G12+ 7*'s with all abilities maxed. Then we could use TW's as our sandbox mode. You could then either flatten all rewards so everyone gets all the same, regardless of GP, win or lose (in which case I would even be ok with a nerf to rewards, but better GA rewards) just for participating, or you could leave as is and reward the team with the best strategy. You said you want GA to be our incentive to build our rosters anyway. Also, getting to try out all characters at high levels could be incentive to buy characters cause you can see for yourself what they can do. You could also continue to change things up with different faction buffs or special zone buffs/debuffs and what not, which would require even more strategy.
  • Anyone get the feeling CG are trying to make people hate TW so that players end up liking GA?
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Some of the replies here are from people who clearly did not read the post and see that this TW has unique faction buffs instead of banned characters.

Buffs are good, especially on underused characters. More please.

Bans are awful and smell like feet. Don't do those anymore.

From a point of view if i have to face any of those trooper or ewok teams my whole roster is technically banned
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Are we just gonna low key ignore that tbis kind of stuff is gonna replace reworking characters in the future? Pretty clear that's the route they're going. Bye bye mace, grievous and half the characters in the game ever being reworked

I doubt it... I would not spend a nickel to gear teams for TW bonuses...I woul spend money to gear a good reworked team....would be their loss

No loss, they don't make money off reworks.

They have off me sure im not the only one pretty sure 30 toons on my roster will never ever be geared ever unless reworked.... since i already have too much to gear $$$$ it will a take
  • I for one did like the banning of characters. Even though some of my maxed out toons were banned, I had to find ways to make killer squads.

For example I was bummed that Han Solo was banned. It really hurt my rebel team which I think is really fun to use. But someone in my guild told my to try a Qi'ra lead, L337, zzChewy, zVandor, g10 Zalbaar. I was kind of bumbed at the moment of setting it on defense. 6 battles in, my team was badly hurt and low on protection and health. Battle 7, and everyone got healthier. Battle 9 left L337 at no protection and 1/2 hp. Battle 10 everyone was max hp and about 95% protection average. Battle 11 as of right now, Zalbaar is holding on to a sliver of protection with full hp. And they are still going strong.

Why show this off? Well everyone needs to get out of their narrow minded habit and explore a bit. Change can be very difficult to accept when you worked so hard to achieve a goal for a time set before the change. I thank my guild for making me think out side of the box and be more open minded.

CG_SBCrumb did a fine job of changing up the unit composition in TW this time. Maybe make it less negative for the community. I would suggest adding a part where for each character in your guild banned you gain 1 point for each gear level that it had. Or letting it only be used on defense or offense or can't gain point but can still be used since it is on the banned list.

@CG_SBCrumb I won't say, I enjoyed the old times where Knights roamed the galaxy, because they would clobber my face. I would say, I enjoyed the simpler times where Han Solo did not shoot first. Where hidden purple lake monsters didn't solo my team. When my tanky team would not vanish 1 by 1 and unable to revive. And lastly, not when I muster my last team to follow me into battle only to find myself alone. It's only when you lived in these forgotten times where you may gain an appreciation for bliss.
  • Next TW in the future... All Leaders are banned. I want to see this happen. Make this HAPPEN!
  • Lichbane wrote: »
    Anyone get the feeling CG are trying to make people hate TW so that players end up liking GA?

A lot of people already disliked TW and found it stale and boring.
  • Heatsink
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Nobody likes the bans. get it through your heads. never do it again.
    The character variations are bad enough... buffs you call them. i call them taking a big steaming dump on our character choices.

Mess with GA like you fools said you would and LEAVE TW ALONE.

Please do not take participants in this war for acceptance. many of us hate you but play the war to get our zetas, and you know, we love TW.

Stop listening to the **** who do badly in TW because they cant develop a decent strategy to save their lives so they cry that TW sucks.. example Arnald... TW is great...

Most people participating hate you guys right now. EVERYBODY not participating definately hates you.
    Please try to make us not hate you
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I for one did like the banning of characters. Even though some of my maxed out toons were banned, I had to find ways to make killer squads.

For example I was bummed that Han Solo was banned. It really hurt my rebel team which I think is really fun to use. But someone in my guild told my to try a Qi'ra lead, L337, zzChewy, zVandor, g10 Zalbaar. I was kind of bumbed at the moment of setting it on defense. 6 battles in, my team was badly hurt and low on protection and health. Battle 7, and everyone got healthier. Battle 9 left L337 at no protection and 1/2 hp. Battle 10 everyone was max hp and about 95% protection average. Battle 11 as of right now, Zalbaar is holding on to a sliver of protection with full hp. And they are still going strong.

Why show this off? Well everyone needs to get out of their narrow minded habit and explore a bit. Change can be very difficult to accept when you worked so hard to achieve a goal for a time set before the change. I thank my guild for making me think out side of the box and be more open minded.

CG_SBCrumb did a fine job of changing up the unit composition in TW this time. Maybe make it less negative for the community. I would suggest adding a part where for each character in your guild banned you gain 1 point for each gear level that it had. Or letting it only be used on defense or offense or can't gain point but can still be used since it is on the banned list.

@CG_SBCrumb I won't say, I enjoyed the old times where Knights roamed the galaxy, because they would clobber my face. I would say, I enjoyed the simpler times where Han Solo did not shoot first. Where hidden purple lake monsters didn't solo my team. When my tanky team would not vanish 1 by 1 and unable to revive. And lastly, not when I muster my last team to follow me into battle only to find myself alone. It's only when you lived in these forgotten times where you may gain an appreciation for bliss.

I understand and appreciate your spirit... and your OP zalabar team but soooo much factually wrong with the post but A+ for spirit

Edit : Crumb also digging the promotion he got and never told is about congrats sir
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Anyone get the feeling CG are trying to make people hate TW so that players end up liking GA?

A lot of people already disliked TW and found it stale and boring.

Nothing will make me like GA not even if there was a fire if zalabar get in my face ill roundhouse him
  • How about instead of asking for MORE feedback, you sit down and address the OVERWHELMINGLY NEGATIVE feedback you received over this current TW. You are already showing that none of you have the capacity to listen, acknowledge, or address the feedback that we have already provided.

I would absolutely LOVE to know how that discussion you invited some players in the area to went, and I really want to participate in one that can be done remotely so those not in your area can partake.

Honestly, I'm not holding any hope that you guys will improve your communication, or your business model. I'd really hate for this game to be shut down if the revenue drops due to the immense inability to communicate. Maybe if you communicated with your players better, you wouldn't have had the last 4+ months of content leaked early.
  • the TW was the only guild competition. where you could do real teamwork. it was always fun. the Mace TW meta was overkill but ok. At the time you thought it will continue to normal in december. but no december not a single TW. ok a month without tw. January is finally on. what banned chars? to make it more fun? hey an early april joke? No! you have the fun on the TW fully taken with the changes. the GA does not replace the TW. because it is not a team task.
  • nmelcer wrote: »
    Never do that type of ban ever again. All it did was create a poop storm of uncoordinated teams.

Suggestions:
    - No Mod mode
    - Standard unlocked g11 toons for EVERYONE (everyone has the same roster)
    - Reversii: All characters under g7 are brought up to 7. All your g12 become g7 and vice-versa. all g8 become g11 (and VV), all g9 become g10 (and VV).
    - Any other faction or counter factions boost (i.e. Darth Traya gets a 1000% offence bonus against Jedi [a la reverse Mace Windu]) or similar to the ones done this round.
    - Never banning characters ever again.
    - Just don't do it.
    - Ever. No one in my entire 500+ person mega guild "liked" it. Some merely tolerated it as the gimmick it was, most thought it was absolutely punishing rather than rewarding.

Taking something "away" is not usually as good a feeling as "giving" a buff. Much better PR regardless of "similar" possible outcome of "mixing it up".

How is "no mod mode" different from character banning? Mods are what makes PvP exciting
  • Please stop TW stupid exoeriments with bans/bonuses. Return back regular TW competition.
This discussion has been closed.