The Next Territory Wars (1/17/19) [MEGA]

Replies

• Hi CG , please dont banned any toons. Its not worth it T_T
  • Will these bonus be on all territory’s or only certain ones
  • I for one did like the banning of characters. Even though some of my maxed out toons were banned, I had to find ways to make killer squads.

For example I was bummed that Han Solo was banned. It really hurt my rebel team which I think is really fun to use. But someone in my guild told my to try a Qi'ra lead, L337, zzChewy, zVandor, g10 Zalbaar. I was kind of bumbed at the moment of setting it on defense. 6 battles in, my team was badly hurt and low on protection and health. Battle 7, and everyone got healthier. Battle 9 left L337 at no protection and 1/2 hp. Battle 10 everyone was max hp and about 95% protection average. Battle 11 as of right now, Zalbaar is holding on to a sliver of protection with full hp. And they are still going strong.

Why show this off? Well everyone needs to get out of their narrow minded habit and explore a bit. Change can be very difficult to accept when you worked so hard to achieve a goal for a time set before the change. I thank my guild for making me think out side of the box and be more open minded.

CG_SBCrumb did a fine job of changing up the unit composition in TW this time. Maybe make it less negative for the community. I would suggest adding a part where for each character in your guild banned you gain 1 point for each gear level that it had. Or letting it only be used on defense or offense or can't gain point but can still be used since it is on the banned list.

@CG_SBCrumb I won't say, I enjoyed the old times where Knights roamed the galaxy, because they would clobber my face. I would say, I enjoyed the simpler times where Han Solo did not shoot first. Where hidden purple lake monsters didn't solo my team. When my tanky team would not vanish 1 by 1 and unable to revive. And lastly, not when I muster my last team to follow me into battle only to find myself alone. It's only when you lived in these forgotten times where you may gain an appreciation for bliss.

So, what’s the least legit part of this. The fact that he didn’t know how good a Qira lead scoundrel team is on defense, the fact that he apparently runs full tanks on D, or the fact that in the next post he’s asking for all toons with leadership abilities to be banned next time they ban toons in TW.
  • Top!

Please go further this way. It is interesting to change the tactics and have anyways a full roster available.
  • And I found this tw interresting. It forces to look on my toons under different angle and think instead of mindless opening saved toons and cliking on them.
    But what I learned from this forum: the more people are forced to pay attention on the screen the louder hysteria will be in here...
  • got a question about Imperial stormtroopers: "reset all their cooldowns, and gain a bonus turn"
    Bonus turn will gain single trooper or all of them?
  • This is not the right direction for a game that has been criticized as "run its course." The whales can only be appeased and kept spending so long as free to play (or cheap to play) stick around to make them feel superior. Keep alienating the largest segment in the game, and the rich kids will find another playground to dominate. This was clearly a neutering of all of the F2P meta counters to make sure the whales were unbeatable. Or maybe it wasn't, maybe I'm a bad troll that must be suffered because that's what game forums are for.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    3. Are you aware that the Ewoks could easily get stuck in an infinite loop of offense?

They are really going to be murder bears now! You need to throw a wrench in their plans before they hit a critical mass of TM.
    This is the least “fun and playful” thing you have ever rolled out. Terrible idea. Had you probed the community before making this event I’m sure you would have been told overwhelmingly it’s a terrible idea
    Thank you for the feedback but I can find you examples on this very forum that say the Nov. Clone Wars bonuses was something folks enjoyed and would like to see for this next TW instead of picks and bans. Don't forget that prior to all of this, many players were unhappy with the lack of variety in TW as they were fighting the same teams over and over again.

We want to keep Territory Wars fresh and interesting but this means we need to try new things. Remember that the future of TW is not set in stone and we will continue to evolve it. If you don't like it, that's fine, let us know what you would like to see for next time.

I can assure you that getting defensive will not accomplish what you think it will here. And your interpretation of the data was clearly flawed as evident by this abortion of a territory war.
  • Whoever thought this is a good idea for tw, should be fired.
  • Kilo_Ren
    34 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    F this idea in the A, don't wear a C, and J all over its B. This might be fun if everyone had an account where all toons are 7 star and max gear/mods. Then we could honestly all look at mixing up our squads. But, not everyone has that much invested into their account. Or, they've chosen to focus on the areas of their account that mattered most. You can't rip the carpet out from people and say, "Well, we know you invested in this area of your team, now go invest on the rest." It's a garbage idea, only a few people enjoy this. I'd rather go against a full team of Revans with the freedom of choosing from my entire roster than be forced to put garbage against garbage.
  • I just want to leave my appreciation for the upcoming bonuses, and my thanks for not continuing with banned characters. I understand the concept, and can appreciate why some folks liked it, but in principle it is a bad idea to remove characters, imho. You simply don't know what people do and don't have farmed. While folks like myself, with 3M+ GP, can probably field replacements for banned units, newer accounts cannot. And when you ban some of the most sought after characters, you're punishing those newer players even more, because they are told to farm those characters from the get go.

I'm a big fan of the saying, don't complain about something if you don't have an alternative to suggest. I would suggest the antithesis of these faction bonuses: faction or character penalties. Or maybe even concept penalties. I'll leave a few suggestions.

Nexus of Darkness: Jedi characters cannot gain foresight here, and receive 50% less protection from abilities that grant bonus protection or protection up.

Ambush of Revan: If Revan is placed on defense in this area, and is attacked by a squad with Bastila leading it, Revan's squad loses all protection and Savior is disabled.

Waters of Dathomir: Any ability that prevents revival is nullified in this Territory.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I've seen a few posts about Ewoks and their 0 cooldowns. But isn't the Jawa buff an explicit loop until the opposing toon is dead?
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    DEV POST

Ruthless Salvagers - Jawas
    Jawas have 50% chance to Stun the target enemy when they use an ability, which can't be evaded. Jawas gain 20% Offense for each Stunned enemy. When Jawas attack a Stunned enemy, they Shock them for 2 turns and call all other Jawa allies to assist. (Note: Jawas that are called to assist can call other Jawas for further assist.)

So stun an enemy, attack with a Jawa. All other Jawa allies assist and then all the other Jawas continue to call each other until the toon is dead. I don't see any other way to read that.
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    And I found this tw interresting. It forces to look on my toons under different angle and think instead of mindless opening saved toons and cliking on them.
    But what I learned from this forum: the more people are forced to pay attention on the screen the louder hysteria will be in here...

You can go hang out with your pitiful band of fellow “fun and playfuls”, and hope for a game that offers things for cash that they can also take whenever they wish, also telling you that you did it to yourself .
  • So to sum up everyone’s responses on here:
    1. Most people love the bonuses, with a little hesitation on the Ewoks, but otherwise they love it.
    2. 90% of the players base hates the bans.
    Simple, easy logic. The devs did a great job swallowing their pride when the nightsisters were nerfed for HSTR. They realized their mistake, and faced the consequences and brought back things to the way they were. All they need to do is follow those same steps with TW, and everything can go back to normal.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    I've seen a few posts about Ewoks and their 0 cooldowns. But isn't the Jawa buff an explicit loop until the opposing toon is dead?
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    DEV POST

Ruthless Salvagers - Jawas
    Jawas have 50% chance to Stun the target enemy when they use an ability, which can't be evaded. Jawas gain 20% Offense for each Stunned enemy. When Jawas attack a Stunned enemy, they Shock them for 2 turns and call all other Jawa allies to assist. (Note: Jawas that are called to assist can call other Jawas for further assist.)

So stun an enemy, attack with a Jawa. All other Jawa allies assist and then all the other Jawas continue to call each other until the toon is dead. I don't see any other way to read that.

Only says they assist (Likely once) for that action. If they use an ability that also calls an assist, those still work also, in addition to the mass assist for using an ability. So a mass assist plus two if using nebits' ambush. That's how I would read it.
  • Skiddlydiddly
    129 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    These are the kind of things that keep it fresh and fun.

The troopers thing is interesting, maybe a bit overpowered but most people have them.
    The clones extra stuff makes them very fun and the ewoks juggernauts.

Banning characters is absolute bee ollocks and no fun whatsoever.
  • @CG_SBCrumb -- for the troopers, two questions on endless ranks: (1) can it be dispelled?; and (2) does it count as a buff for the purposes of Veers lead (i.e., do troopers start at 50% tm)?
  • I'm excited for the murder bears murder squad! Thank you CG for giving us amazing TW bonuses!
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    3. Are you aware that the Ewoks could easily get stuck in an infinite loop of offense?

They are really going to be murder bears now! You need to throw a wrench in their plans before they hit a critical mass of TM.
    This is the least “fun and playful” thing you have ever rolled out. Terrible idea. Had you probed the community before making this event I’m sure you would have been told overwhelmingly it’s a terrible idea
    Thank you for the feedback but I can find you examples on this very forum that say the Nov. Clone Wars bonuses was something folks enjoyed and would like to see for this next TW instead of picks and bans. Don't forget that prior to all of this, many players were unhappy with the lack of variety in TW as they were fighting the same teams over and over again.

We want to keep Territory Wars fresh and interesting but this means we need to try new things. Remember that the future of TW is not set in stone and we will continue to evolve it. If you don't like it, that's fine, let us know what you would like to see for next time.

@CG_SBCrumb
    I Wanted to give you some constructive feedback since there has not been much said on this topic... lol. I seriously can appreciate what you all are trying to accomplish. I love the idea of mixing things up, that being said.. the positivity on this ends there. You are doing the very thing we asked for in the next TW, it may be overkill but oh well, so for that thank you!

For the second part of your post this TW has not even remotely accomplished that. Basically the only thing it did was anger the customer base by removing characters available (some people actually bugged out and could use them but I digress). By removing the handful of toons we just see swaths of the exact same old teams.. just missing a part or two. It wasn't hard to counter them given there was a limit, but that is my point limiting the existing roster is not an enhancement or something new and fun, it is just how do we build the same walls and fill it with some different faces.

Thanks for the effort, but it came up very short and had the opposite impact.
  • The_Noobish_Hipster
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The rise of new factions and team compositions keeps TW fresh enough for my taste.
  • Ewoks - just spam Scramble Tactics. If Teebow gets a turn it's game over man
  • I was not a huge fan of this latest TW, and from what I've heard it sounds like a fair deal of other people agreed. It got me thinking of what else to do to make TW interesting and I thought about those special unit buffs we had a ways back.

With all the recent focus on bounty hunters, I thought it would be cool to celebrate everyones investment in them by theming the next TW around bounty Hunters! What do you all think?

Some ideas I've thought of so far:
    BH thermal detonators deal extra damage and can't be resisted

Smugglers gain bonus evasion against BH attacks

Give coruscant underworld police stupid crazy bonuses against both smugglers and BH (cause who honestly has that guy geared up)
  • @CG_SBCrumb regarding troopers bonus, can the stacks of endless ranks be dispelled?
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Just gonna say, they could ban things other than characters. Like leadership abilities or mods. Those could be interesting.

That's why he said "could" return. Because if he said "never" it might not be true when they try those other types of bans.
  • I liked how Mace and CUP got a buff for those TW's. And would love to see other toons get the same type of thing and voting for who is a great idea. But banning some toons from using screwed up this whole "experiment". I haven't heard one person who likes the idea and don't think people understood they were voting to keep characters from being used. Just a bad idea...
  • Why call it "Community Voted Territory Wars" when I don't think one person in the "community" wanted to see any toons banned for TW. So call it "EA's idea of TW pretending to listen to players" and it sounds more accurate.
  • I WORKED HARD GATHERING TOONS, CULTIVATING THEM, CURATING, AND THEN ENDLESSLY RECONFIGURING MODS. do not, ever, ban them again. YOU RUIN THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME WHEN YOU REMOVE THE VERY THINGS WE WORK ON ACQUIRING. you people go back to foam-mouthed babbling in your closets with blindfolders on and leave tbe game to the players. The rest of your tinkering is amusing to you I’m sure. Don’t expect us to like it.
  • For me this is a horrible, very horrible idea.. The TW with the ban waves is trash, and now we get this?!?! IMAO guys W*F are you doing??? It was fun with 1 or 2 toons first time around, but with whole squads... really??? Terrible!!!
  • fba7y5maldto.jpg
    Thank for the "fun and playful" loss CG. This is garbage.
This discussion has been closed.