Panic Farm?

Prev13
Can we all please agree that after the first time a character drops (read - Released) from that point on there is no such thing as an induced "Panic Farm"? I'm so sick of people constantly saying that for Revan and Chewie. C'mon guys, it's not a panic farm if they were here 4 months ago, we all knew they were gonna be back in a few months. If you wanted them you shoulda been farming them. The only way it's a "panic farm" is if you chose not to farm the character til you heard they were coming back.

And Frankly, that's self inflicted. Stop acting like it's a Greed decision just cause you werent ready.

/Rant

Replies

• Risz
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Characters dropped on a 16 energy cantina nodes 2 weeks before the event, if you don't place first in arena every day, or hoarded crystals, or used the unatural power of the Visa, then you won't have the legendary Hero

Definitely no panic farm indeed, for a few chosen ones
  • Options
    No.....
    Some people WILL be “panic farming” because they planned poorly or started the game after you or I.
    There’s nothing intrinsically wrong with the term.
  • JonnyTheSkywalker
    32 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I am sure they are not use panic farm as i didn't have time to 7* them all to this day. It is a use that we say when the events coming and we are not ready.. it can be his/her fault or not has to panic to get him. For example i panic farmed ewoks for c3po. I had all the time before. I am panic farming for Malak or Darth Revan now. Good luck with your boring mirror matches everyone even though i got 1st on my payout every day. I am sick of it.
    I hope new coming character will remove this meta to the ground i dont need 100 revans fighting each other :)
  • Options
    Some people farmed non stop and still a little behind. I have T3 left, yes i planned at the fastest pace.
  • Options
    Clearly you don’t know what a panic is do you?
  • Options
    Lethoiun wrote: »
    Some people farmed non stop and still a little behind. I have T3 left, yes i planned at the fastest pace.

60 more Mission Vao shards and I'm good to go. I've been farming since the last Revan event
  • Options

How is that possible? I farmed non stop as well and finished at the end of November
  • Options
    Kalano wrote: »

How is that possible? I farmed non stop as well and finished at the end of November

It is all down to how many gems you earn and can spend. Some people don’t do refreshes or can’t afford them in their farms. Or save them for gear.
  • Options
    Not everybody is #1 on both arenas and can spend hundreds of crystals every day. I'm ready for Revan now (I hope), but the first time was indeed a panic farm and a cash grab. No doubt.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'll agree that the term gets overused - you still see people talk about "panic farming" for JTR and she's been out for ages. If you want a legendary, you should just farm for them until you're ready, regardless of when their event is due.

The first Revan run was definitely a panic farm though. There's no way you could reasonably have gotten him the first go around without spending unless you were taking #1 in both arenas every day. And if you were doing that, you had probably already spent quite a bit in the past.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Risz
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Not everybody is #1 on both arenas and can spend hundreds of crystals every day. I'm ready for Revan now (I hope), but the first time was indeed a panic farm and a cash grab. No doubt.

There's a world outside of a shard chat, and thousands of people in it.
    When you got something like 20 peoples getting number 1 everyday.

So no, we don't have enough crystals to refresh everything everyday
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    IMO, a panic farm is when you dont know what is going to be needed until shortly before the event.

If the toon has been around a while, it's hard to call it a panic farm. If the characters are known, but the release time is not, it's still not really a panic farm. You know exactly what to focus on, not having time or resources to do so, is not really in the devs control. New players start all the time, they cant hold a release to make sure everyone gets them the second time around.

But that's just me.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    IMO, a panic farm is when you dont know what is going to be needed until shortly before the event.

If the toon has been around a while, it's hard to call it a panic farm. If the characters are known, but the release time is not, it's still not really a panic farm. You know exactly what to focus on, not having time or resources to do so, is not really in the devs control. New players start all the time, they cant hold a release to make sure everyone gets them the second time around.

But that's just me.

Yep. Exactly.

Revan first time - Panic Farm of the highest order
    JTR first time - lower level panic farm for some characters (vets)
    Falcon - as per JTR.
  • Options
    I agree. Been sitting at 50/100 for the 4 besides Bastila so I can buy the packs. This was a month ago and I didn’t start farming until half a month after the event because I had to focus on work. How do people not have these toons by now?
  • Options
    Deadheat wrote: »
    I agree. Been sitting at 50/100 for the 4 besides Bastila so I can buy the packs. This was a month ago and I didn’t start farming until half a month after the event because I had to focus on work. How do people not have these toons by now?

3PO, HMF, Chewie.....
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options

You didnt farm non stop then. T3 is a 3 week 3 to 7 star using only refreshes afforded by completing your daily tasks. If youve been farming from the last revan drop til now. Youd be done.

• IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ecksom wrote: »

It is all down to how many gems you earn and can spend. Some people don’t do refreshes or can’t afford them in their farms. Or save them for gear.

You get enough free gems daily to reload cantina 3 times. If you decided not to, then you werent farming and its not panic farming today
    Post edited by IDinDooNuffin on
  • Options
    Deadheat wrote: »

3PO, HMF, Chewie.....

Cant chase too many rabbits.
  • Options

You get enough free gems daily to reload cantina 3 times. If you decided not to, then you werent farming and its not panic farming today

I don’t mean to be contrary, but that is fake news. The most you can refill cantina (100 crystals each for the first 3 refills) from daily activity free crystals/GW completion is twice, and that is only if you were to get a very good ‘pull’ from the level 85 box (I have received 100 crystals from it at least twice, but 5 or 10 is much more common).

Sure, there will be days when you can complete a 2nd and even a 3rd refill for free from Daily log ins, event completions, achievements, TB payouts, etc., but is difficult to account for most of those in a planned farm.

Normal energy at 50 crystals a refill (for the first three) is another story, and perhaps that was what you were thinking of?.
  • Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »

I don’t mean to be contrary, but that is fake news. The most you can refill cantina (100 crystals each for the first 3 refills) from daily activity free crystals/GW completion is twice, and that is only if you were to get a very good ‘pull’ from the level 85 box (I have received 100 crystals from it at least twice, but 5 or 10 is much more common).

Sure, there will be days when you can complete a 2nd and even a 3rd refill for free from Daily log ins, event completions, achievements, TB payouts, etc., but is difficult to account for most of those in a planned farm.

Normal energy at 50 crystals a refill (for the first three) is another story, and perhaps that was what you were thinking of?.

You are correct t3 is a cantina farm.
  • Options
    Clearly you don’t know what a panic is do you?

Induced. Panic Farm. I.e. CG/EA trying to get people to panic farm.
  • Options

But that's just me.

But panic farming has nothing to do with devs. It’s a personal experience. When you find yourself in a position where you need to farm a lot of shards in a short time to get what you want, you are in panic farm mode.
    The devs, the reasons you got there, whereas the requirements are known or not, have been in the game for a long time or not, all of this is 100% irrelevant to the state of affairs : you need a lot of shards, and it’s going to be a race against the clock.
  • cfodder
    85 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

RNG. Until the last few weeks I was farming since the first event. I've put at least 100 crystals per day (200 often and 300 occasionally) into Mission/T3 and did both 25 refreshes on Jolee/Z in DS/LS nodes and a 50 refresh plus ran the 8 ship nodes on one of them daily. 48 sims per day for those 2. I had Bastila to 7* at the original event. Well, I still have 17 Z to go and its why I'm really questioning 33% drop rates. I did flip to BH ships the last few days of December through Tuesday this week to get the Falcon to 5* I put at least 40 sims in those 2 nodes daily over that time. Sometimes 48. I started from 3* on both ships with an additional 25 shards combined so I only needed about 160 shards. I've actually quit working on Z now. Giving him a break for a few days. Yesterday was 1 shard in 16 sims. Wed was 2 for 24, Tues 0 of 8, 3 of 8 on Monday and 1 of 8 on Sunday. For the year I'm also at 15% drop rate on zetas from challenges. I've received exactly 6 out of 40 possible.

What this ended up meaning for me was that when they pushed that garbage TW on us it was an easy decision to close my wallet permanently to EA. When things dont drop it's hard to spend money. I'd really prefer something like spend 30 (or 60 for those 20 energy hard nodes) energy here, get a shard.
  • Options
    I'm panic farming for Revan right now and have been for a while. I had to beef up my team for Chewie for a little bit and thus delayed my farming. So yes you can panic farm. Its just a rush farm where you aren't sure you'll be ready by the deadline.
  • Options
    A panic farm would probably be if they release the last 2 OR (Juhani and carth) characters into farmable locations a week before a Darth revan event or something like that.

I agree at this point for regular JKR it's not a panic farm. I think the panic farm moniker is more aptly used for brand new legendary or hero's journey releases that happen shortly after the required characters are released into the general farming population.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    JohnAran wrote: »

But that's just me.

But panic farming has nothing to do with devs. It’s a personal experience. When you find yourself in a position where you need to farm a lot of shards in a short time to get what you want, you are in panic farm mode.
    The devs, the reasons you got there, whereas the requirements are known or not, have been in the game for a long time or not, all of this is 100% irrelevant to the state of affairs : you need a lot of shards, and it’s going to be a race against the clock.

If you need shards in a short amount of time, and you choose to panic that doesnt mean it is a panic farm, it means you are panicing because you were not ready. If you are panicing because you had no idea what to set up for and now have something thrown into your face that is a panic farm. It is a subtle difference but it is a difference IMO.

IMO, panic farm is a gaming practice that involves limited information until there is limited time. Anything else is just a personal issue due to when you started playing, or your income of resources that help you progress. Once the details are out there, and an event has passed for the first time, the panic is over, the planning begins.
  • Options
    JohnAran wrote: »

But that's just me.

If you need shards in a short amount of time, and you choose to panic that doesnt mean it is a panic farm, it means you are panicing because you were not ready. If you are panicing because you had no idea what to set up for and now have something thrown into your face that is a panic farm. It is a subtle difference but it is a difference IMO.

IMO, panic farm is a gaming practice that involves limited information until there is limited time. Anything else is just a personal issue due to when you started playing, or your income of resources that help you progress. Once the details are out there, and an event has passed for the first time, the panic is over, the planning begins.

Ok well personally i’m really not interested in nitpicking and playing around with words just for the sake of it so i’ll just disagree with op (and you) and have no problem with people talking about panic farming.
    I don’t see how pushing for revan now in panic mode after just getting jtr is less of a panic farm than pushing for him the first time around for those who didn’t have anything better to do. It’s the exact same thing that’s happening (counting days, crystals, making guesses and projections...), and the exact same feeling for the people finding themselves in the situation. That’s just my opinion of course.

Just because there is organized panic farming every power creep’s release does not mean it’s the only true panic farming.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    panic at the disco>panic farms
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

You didnt farm non stop then. T3 is a 3 week 3 to 7 star using only refreshes afforded by completing your daily tasks. If youve been farming from the last revan drop til now. Youd be done.

Ive worked on mission and zaalbar together for a while and just finished them a like 2 weeks ago. Now can focus catina on T3. Been doing crystal refresh as much as i can.
  • Darthvestor_80
    484 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    so what do you call it when youre farming one character and then they come out with two more events that you need to farmed before that first event you started farming for?