• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Reyalp wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Yes you could have gotten revan as FTP without panic farming... But that would have taking spending 700c a day as soon as the toons appeared on nodes... So finishing top In both arenas or having crystals saved. In either case as FTP you would need to commit early to finish the farm.

Same is true for dark revan.... If Bastila fallen is needed you need to be refreshing her node twice to finish her in time.

Spending 700c per day was not enough to get Revan f2p. It required gambling (and winning) on the faction packs, buying lots of shipment shards, or buying character shard packs to supplement the 700c per day.

Debatable. You should be finished Canderous before Juhani and Carth are released, then you have the same time frame. Should be taking 4 refreshes on Bastilla and ignoring everything else on a LS/DS node. Otherwise yes, you'll have to spend a fortune.

I'm talking about the original Jedi Knight Revan farm. I was spending 8-900c per day on character refreshes, and still had to drop about 15k banked crystals and $30 to get him.

For the (anticipated) Darth Revan farm, I'm at about 20/100 for Canderous and 25/85 for Hot Topic Bastila, and I'm sitting on a bunch of banked crystals in case we get little time for Carth and Juhani.

You'll get the same time frame - 3 weeks from farmable to Event (+7 days of event). That potentially gives you 28 days. Thats 10 shards a day for Carth and Juhani from 3* to 7*. I don't think that's unachievable using limited resources and using every single piece of energy, including bonus and accumulated.

The 1 caveat - you MUST have hit the ground running on Canderous and Bastilla AND be slowing down on the Canderous farm (i.e if your +6*, then you only need 4 a day - save the crystals rather than refreshing it or refresh more on Bastilla)
  • Options
    If revan happened a week earlier, I would have been nervous....maybe not panicked.
    LOL real world problems.
  • Options
    There is no panic farm this time round, and if you are panic farming you've only got yourself to blame. For context, you've had 105 days between events - that's 3 shards per day per toon to get them all to 7* (305/105 = 3). That's being kind and assuming you started on 0.

Again with the pointless blame, i don’t understand. I don’t see how the fact that it would be your own fault makes it less a panic for you. Those things are 100% unrelated and yet people seem to tunnel-vision on that so hard.
  • Ultra
    11517 posts Moderator
    Options
    JohnAran wrote: »
    There is no panic farm this time round, and if you are panic farming you've only got yourself to blame. For context, you've had 105 days between events - that's 3 shards per day per toon to get them all to 7* (305/105 = 3). That's being kind and assuming you started on 0.

Again with the pointless blame, i don’t understand. I don’t see how the fact that it would be your own fault makes it less a panic for you. Those things are 100% unrelated and yet people seem to tunnel-vision on that so hard.
    Its a self-induced panic farm rather than game induced. OP's point is that its not a widely accepted panic farm since its self-inflicted, so that term doesn't need to be thrown around in every single event that is returning.
  • Options
    Rogenhamen wrote: »
    Only about a week ago did I start using refreshes because I'd save my crystals and spend them on shards when they'd drop in shipments.

Shipments are twice as expensive as 100 crystal cantina refreshes.

Mission in shipments costs 80 crystals/shard.

Mission in cantina costs 40 crystals/shard for the first three refreshes each day.

100 crystals = 120 energy = 7.5 attempts @ 33% drop rate = 2.5 shards = 40 crystals/shard

This is only true if you get them to drop which isn't certain. And only if the drop rate is 33%, which I remain skeptical about. On the 16 energy cantina nodes I have tracked, I have found very little difference in cost per shard between refreshes and shipments. Now, this could be poor luck on my part. It is difficult to say for certain.
  • Options
    I am Nervous I will be ready. I still have Mission left to finish and I have been farming since right before the last Revan event. The problem I have been having is the drop rate for Mission. i have gone 21 battles without a shard once. I regularly go between 8-12 battles with no shards. there is nothing I can do about this as sepnding crystals does not increase the drop rate. Hopefully I am close enough that I can buy the 9.99 pack when it comes out to push me over. If I am not close enough I guess I will be waiting another 3 months because there eill be no need to spend $$ if it won't get me Revan this time..
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Its a self-induced panic farm rather than game induced. OP's point is that its not a widely accepted panic farm since its self-inflicted, so that term doesn't need to be thrown around in every single event that is returning.

Yes i agree with op on that. I disagree with kyno and others saying there is no panic after first event. People talk about ea greed at every occasion they get and make up conspiracies at every corners. That’s one of the things i actually like about those forums :P
  • Options
    Can we all please agree that after the first time a character drops (read - Released) from that point on there is no such thing as an induced "Panic Farm"? I'm so sick of people constantly saying that for Revan and Chewie. C'mon guys, it's not a panic farm if they were here 4 months ago, we all knew they were gonna be back in a few months. If you wanted them you shoulda been farming them. The only way it's a "panic farm" is if you chose not to farm the character til you heard they were coming back.

And Frankly, that's self inflicted. Stop acting like it's a GreedO decision just cause you werent ready.

/Rant
    Yes i agree with op on that. I disagree with kyno and others saying there is no panic after first event. People talk about ea greedO at every occasion they get and make up conspiracies at every corners. That’s one of the things i actually like about those forums :P

I think the bigger question is why has no one mentioned the obvious developer hint in both of these posts.. I mean clearly these two guys are not EA or CG staff, and it's kinda hard for there to be more than one greedo.. since he was shot and killed by Han (who shot first clearly); but c'mon... family guy greedo confirmed?

qyx0w56mg3nn.jpg
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Options
    jfears2 wrote: »
    Can we all please agree that after the first time a character drops (read - Released) from that point on there is no such thing as an induced "Panic Farm"? I'm so sick of people constantly saying that for Revan and Chewie. C'mon guys, it's not a panic farm if they were here 4 months ago, we all knew they were gonna be back in a few months. If you wanted them you shoulda been farming them. The only way it's a "panic farm" is if you chose not to farm the character til you heard they were coming back.

And Frankly, that's self inflicted. Stop acting like it's a GreedO decision just cause you werent ready.

/Rant
    Yes i agree with op on that. I disagree with kyno and others saying there is no panic after first event. People talk about ea greedO at every occasion they get and make up conspiracies at every corners. That’s one of the things i actually like about those forums :P

I think the bigger question is why has no one mentioned the obvious developer hint in both of these posts.. I mean clearly these two guys are not EA or CG staff, and it's kinda hard for there to be more than one greedo.. since he was shot and killed by Han (who shot first clearly); but c'mon... family guy greedo confirmed?

qyx0w56mg3nn.jpg

Greedo Fulcrum?