Dodge everything?

Prev1
Anybody else noticed within the last two days the dodge/deflect rate has jumped immensely? Almost to the point of hilarity.

Replies

• Options
    I have noticed a lot of dodging but cant confirm if it increased these few days.
  • Options
    Sounds like every Sid I encounter.
  • zardOz
    66 posts Member
    Options
    How else they gonna get ya cash?
  • Options
    Ziggy23 wrote: »
    Anybody else noticed within the last two days the dodge/deflect rate has jumped immensely? Almost to the point of hilarity.

Omg thank you I'm not going crazy!!!

(Wait for the guy coming in calling out for "confirmation bias")
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options

confirmation bias
  • Options
    Dodge has been higher as of late, seemingly, and Dodge while stunned has certainly gone up. Since I've posted about that a few times I keep an eye on it. Sid dodged 3/5 attacks on a gw node last night while stunned. Lumi dodged in GW total 6 attacks while she was stunned. My characters however have yet to doge a thing while stunned.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    In the next update they are offering 2 subscription packs for $49.99 each. The first is a permanent buff to increase your chance to dodge by 50%. The other is a permanent debuff to decrease the enemy from dodging by 50%. Both packs will last for 7 days. What you are seeing, are dev accounts who are testing these buffs/Debuffs. This is why you always get dodged, and yet cannot dodge to save your (toons) life.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I have said the same thing for a few days now. I have lost numerous GW and Arena matches due to crazy dodge rates. I had 5 dodges in a row against one team! Didnt matter who I targeted or who did the attack.

Anyone else notice GS seems to be missing more? Not sure if it tied into the dodge rate but he misses quite a bit on both attacks lately. At least the assist will hit most times.
  • Jiinn
    42 posts Member
    Options
    in GW, few min. ago I've met this Sid, who dodged five of my attacks including all the following bonus attacks in a row.

yeah recently dodge-rate may be jumpef up highly.
    very highly to opponets A.I., and a little bit high to my characters.
    for my characters, my Rey and QGJ missed a lot.
    and in todays GW, my JC missed 4 of his force attack in a row.
    .....maybe dodge-rate to powerful attacks be jump up.
  • Options

Sikho wrote: »

confirmation bias

Pika, Pikachu!
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    There's a guy on my server called @KingInTheNorth and runs a dooku lead. I get **** by poggle dogging my first attack every time, gaining turn meter (passive even without droids works), and throwing offense up before all guys on his team moves except dooku. Then it's up to their GS, Rey etc to destroy me. My Sid lead, lumi, Rey, GS and dooku can't handle the mad evade. Although I have a 7* poggle, I refuse to sacrifice first turn damage to put him in.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

confirmation bias

Pika, Pikachu!

Not far behind...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Haha, funny you mention this. I had a Arena fight, my first 8 attacks got dodged. I laughed and lost miserably.
  • Options
    The crazy thing is it's not even high dodge toons(Sid/Lumi with buff), it's obscure toons as well.

I have seemed to notice that Vs any Daka arena/gw team, she does not auto-rez. Which is nice.
  • Options
    I think it's because they are trying to fix Dukoo's leader skill, but getting the code all wrong. giving to everyone but Dukoo and his team. Oh well someday it might be fixed.
  • Options
    Jiinn wrote: »
    in GW, few min. ago I've met this Sid, who dodged five of my attacks including all the following bonus attacks in a row.

yeah recently dodge-rate may be jumpef up highly.
    very highly to opponets A.I., and a little bit high to my characters.
    for my characters, my Rey and QGJ missed a lot.
    and in todays GW, my JC missed 4 of his force attack in a row.
    .....maybe dodge-rate to powerful attacks be jump up.

Sigh, if it's Sid and you have any Jedi nearby or even a hint of smell for one that's guaranteed to provoke dodges...just Sid.

Read his passive
  • Options
    This whole game is broke
  • Options
    This whole game is broke
    True true true.
  • Options
    i agree, ive noticed toons dodging that are so slow, like chewy, then the stunned toons also dodging, wish they'd just fix that bug, a stunned toon dodging is just ridiculous, strange how the ai manages to dodge just at the right time in battle too, ive had to waste 3 hits on a red hp resistance pilot, he dodged all 3 in a row and it cost me the match.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's annoying. The whole game is broke. I've had at least 7 straight dodges. I hit Sid 4 times & he dodged every move, so I moved on to Lumi & she got three more. Good thing I was running a Jedi team with QGJ lead & an Obi-Wan kicker.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    The whole game is broke.
    Sid
    Jedi team

Well there is your answer.
  • Aeriy
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Not taking into account Sid for obvious reasons, I've noticed a great increase in dodge on the enemy teams as well, and a miserably low one on my team. Even with Lumi lead, the dodge shouldn't be that high. On some battles it gets close to 50%. I've had strings of 5+ dodges (not Jedi on Sid) numerous times. It's very noticeable.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Higher of late? That I dunno... but generally have been seeing the occasional character dodge five or six consecutive attacks in a row... usually Luminara though when she is leading and her alone... otherwise not seen many others do it aside Sidious if I attack him with Jedi.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    In the next update they are offering 2 subscription packs for $49.99 each. The first is a permanent buff to increase your chance to dodge by 50%. The other is a permanent debuff to decrease the enemy from dodging by 50%. Both packs will last for 7 days. What you are seeing, are dev accounts who are testing these buffs/Debuffs. This is why you always get dodged, and yet cannot dodge to save your (toons) life.

Is this legit? Or speculation?

If true, it makes some sense.

• Options
    What i have noticed is that dodges come at strategic moments of the fight, like when the next hit is a killing blow. I can almost predict it on some toons.
  • Options
    What i have noticed is that dodges come at strategic moments of the fight, like when the next hit is a killing blow. I can almost predict it on some toons.
    +1

• Options
    Unless you record your data for analyse and peer review there is no actual scientific method being used to test your hypothesis.

Not recording data and trying to make sense of things is just considered "screwing around".
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    C00L_Story wrote: »
    Unless you record your data for analyse and peer review there is no actual scientific method being used to test your hypothesis.

Not recording data and trying to make sense of things is just considered "screwing around".

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down!
  • Options
    The whole game is broke.
    Sid
    Jedi team

No, because 35 means dodging every third hit on average. Not multiple dodges in a row.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    ichotolot wrote: »
    The whole game is broke.
    Sid
    Jedi team

No, because 35 means dodging every third hit on average. Not multiple dodges in a row.

No it doesn't. Google RNG.