Who was your early-days MVP?

Replies

• Options
    phasma assist squad with genosian soldier, ig 86 and qgj!
  • Options
    Ig 86. I used to think he was so powerful. Crit every turn and a 2 cd assist? Wow! :o

Clone sergeant was also my bread and butter. Back in those days, I thought mace windu was going to be so OP when I got him and dooku was really strong. Oh and cup was also really good.

Oh How times have changed. Not all bad in hindsight though. Mace is now a g10 fleet commander. I might g12 cup one day for **** and giggles
  • Options
    I got a full character (80 boba shards) from a bronzium early on and geared up ig88 and ran BH wayyy before they were cool.
  • Options
    Barris to get through GW in the early days.
    Phasma in arena. Ran her as lead until the wheels fell off.
  • Options
    Clone Sergeant. Yup. Loved that guy, but he could never show his potential because he got stat boosts from other clone allies and there weren't any, so he got benched once I got my Ackbar/Biggs/StHan team together. All hail the exalted StHan!

I put in a ticket once a month asking for clone sarge to get his real name. (See HEVY)
  • Options
    Barris to get through GW in the early days.
    Phasma in arena. Ran her as lead until the wheels fell off.

From 500ish down to 200 I ran a Phasma team too. I saw lots of Nihilus teams with Dooku but my team was basically a perfect counter to that team. Phasma, R2, Chirrut, Maul, Nihilus. All that needed to happen was my chirrut be faster and boom, it was over.Very fun running that team.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Believe or not IG-100 Magnaguard was my mvp back in the mid-early Droid meta.
    HK, 88, JE, B2 and 100 was a really strong team. IG-100 counter plus offense down really kept up the assault and countless times he won the match by himself on counters and turn meter gain.
  • Options
    Revan.

Just kidding.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    All you guys and your Dookus ... I still hate that guy, have an unreasonable need to destroy on sight. Mine is still only 5* 56/85, and all shards have come from Bronzium or events.
  • Options
    FOTP and Lumi used to carry me through GW .
  • Options
    Geo soldier
  • Options
    My original MVP was the undisputed best original game healer: Luminara Unduli. Took my light side team from decent to good. Not arena good, but good enough to finish all PvE content I faced. I rushed Ima Gun Di, and had his lead, JC, Lumi, Ahsoka, and QGJ. Back before Zetas, ships, or anything else really. That squad was nearly invincible.
  • Options
    Kylo Ren was a beast, hard to kill, his AoE was deadly and his special could stun! Wow!
  • Options
    Not sure how early it counts but, Emperor Palpatine. Combined with Vader, RG, Dooku, and I forget who else, I dropped probably 600+ or more in Arena, due to being able to stun/slow/ability block teams WAY more powerful than mine on paper to death.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo.

He's the guy I got on my first chromium. Used to run teebo lead in arena, made top 20 with him and fives. (Speed down was a big deal before mods.)

On top of that when the rancor came out later I was ahead of the curve for actually dealing with the pigs, and later the rancor himself as well when mods came out.

Thinking about arena back then... What fun.

Especially compared to revan v revan hot garbage time out meta lol
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku way back when. That $5 steal tho
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Royal guard under phasma lead. Stun assists were great, he'd taunt when you needed him to and regen when the enemy targeted an ally.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    No love for the real classic...
    HK-47
    IG-86
    IG-88
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku. I love Lumi too, hits so hard...a lifetime ago.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Mace was one of my first 7* characters. I didn't get why everyone said he hit like a wet noodle. Then I joined a good training guild and the guys there helped me get focused. I worked on PHX and I got Bastila 7* and G12 in no time flat. My first 6-9 months playing was a mess.
  • Options
    Ventress and Kylo.
  • Options
    oh boy .... when Clone war Chewie was my main tank !
  • Options
    IGD!
  • Options
    I remember running phasma lead with dooku, cad bane, rg and lumi. Dooku was so 1337
  • Options
    Ima gun di was my MVP and fav back in the day.... I remember the Lumi (L), Darth Sid, Ima, STH, and genosian soldier I used to run.... those were the days before Biggs and Wedge
  • Options
    OG Kylo was mine. I joined when Battlefront was giving a free 4* Kylo out to everyone. So I was a brand new account with a 4* Kylo and he hit hard. He was my fave for a long time, until I improved.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    OG Kylo was mine. I joined when Battlefront was giving a free 4* Kylo out to everyone. So I was a brand new account with a 4* Kylo and he hit hard. He was my fave for a long time, until I improved.

Same, here. I also got Kylo when I first joined.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Haha... geo soldier, ig86, sidious leadership were guys I used. This was all before I was level 85 I think.