[UPDATED][VIDEO] Clones wins vs Speed meta teams

2Next

Replies

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Lemur! Good to see another from my ranking board around! You have a solid team. It gives me trouble, even though AI is terrible with Yoda. I can really recommend building Rex if you have the resources for it. Hands down one of the best toons in the game imo.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I made another video of Clones vs Speed meta, and this one was a rather decisive win for team Clone.

https://youtu.be/oQ5v2eOyqlY
  • CPLEE
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I made another video of Clones vs Speed meta, and this one was a rather decisive win for team Clone.

what do you do for defence?
    I use rex, fives, dooku, aayla and ashoka. high HP and big assist and plenty of counter attacks. holds my rank pretty well. but would love your team.. but what's it like defence wise?
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options

Awesome job! Now I'm regretting I didn't 7* Rex when he was in Aurodium.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    CPLEE wrote: »

I use rex, fives, dooku, aayla and ashoka. high HP and big assist and plenty of counter attacks. holds my rank pretty well. but would love your team.. but what's it like defence wise?

Yesterday I dropped from #1 to #13 with that same team. That's not too big of a drop imo. I'm working on a defensive team though. But it wouldn't be Clones. Just a bunch of the most annoying toons together. Old Ben leader, old Daka, Yoda, Royal Guard and probably Ewok Elder.

Then you'd have two resurrecting toons, one that you don't want to kill, one that steals all your buffs, two toons that stun on their regular attacks, one tank, and the strongest debuff in the game. Not sure if it would work but it's gonna be very fun to try it out. :)
  • Poerli
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Lol u are on my Server and sniped me for number 1 yesterday. I am mol selia. Always in top 10 :)
    Great video
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Poerli wrote: »
    Lol u are on my Server and sniped me for number 1 yesterday. I am mol selia. Always in top 10 :)
    Great video

Cool! Yeah, I usually hang around in top 20 or so. I've seen you up there all the time. Working on a few new ideas though, for the day when Clones aren't cool anymore :P
  • Poerli
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Poerli wrote: »
    Great video

Cool! Yeah, I usually hang around in top 20 or so. I've seen you up there all the time. Working on a few new ideas though, for the day when Clones aren't cool anymore :P

Jeah its getting really hard with all the rgs out there and for me your Team is the hardest to beat. Sorry for my english. I am from Germany :)
  • Options
    Nice videos! I've been running clones for about a week now, and I use nearly the same team, except I'm using Dooku in place of RG (Will be a long farm for me). Also my Rex and CS are 6 star. Still, Its nice to see someone else's tactics.

I've noticed you tend to hesitate to use Rex's squad discipline and Phasma's Victory march in conditions where 3 or 4 of your other toons turn meters are full or nearly full. I'm not sure how much you've toyed around with it, but I have found in many battles it make sense to use those abilities, even when my other toons are almost full. In fact, between Rex, Phasma, and CS I can typically get 2 turns out of each of my characters before an enemy gets to respond (not counting what they did before Rex goes). Many times thats enough to drop 2-3 toons, which more then makes up for the lack of turn meter gain later in battle. Additionally Rex's ability resets fast enough that if you do it first thing, you will usually get to do it twice in a battle.

Not that your tactic is wro be more selective with turn meter up use, and probably works better for defense then Dooku. I've ran soong, its clearly working. The taunt from RG allows you tme battles on auto and the AI does not use Rex's abilities very well. It likes to wait for negative status effects to trigger squad discipline, which I dont really think is very optimal, usually.

I really hope there is a way to farm Rex soon. I cant afford to spend any more money for a while.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Very good point! True, I tend to want to use abilities when they're the most effective. But as you say, in the grand scheme of things it's usually better to just stack turns on top of each other.

When deciding what skill to use, I try to gauge roughly how the turn sequence will be after Rex. Admittedly it's not easy because of varying speeds and passive turn meter manipulation from Rex and RG. But you get a general idea at least. If they are about to stack several turns on each other, then I don't hesitate to use Squad discipline to move in and intercept those toons.

With the coming update, Phasma will have an even stronger role in this team. Fusillade will allow Fives to double tap straight from the beginning of the battle, and Victory March will give Clone Sergeant a guaranteed crit hit, which grants him Offense up and a 75% chance to get +50% turn meter. That's what strong synergy looks like.

Personally I wouldn't use Dooku with this team. Even if he gains +9% health from Rex, he seems way too fragile. And his skill set doesn't seem to add much except the chance to do additional counter attacks with Fives. I'm thinking about S:t Han though. I'm sharding him up as fast as I can. I think he can be a great addition to a Clone team.
  • CPLEE
    34 posts Member
    Options
    CPLEE wrote: »

Yesterday I dropped from #1 to #13 with that same team. That's not too big of a drop imo. I'm working on a defensive team though. But it wouldn't be Clones. Just a bunch of the most annoying toons together. Old Ben leader, old Daka, Yoda, Royal Guard and probably Ewok Elder.

Then you'd have two resurrecting toons, one that you don't want to kill, one that steals all your buffs, two toons that stun on their regular attacks, one tank, and the strongest debuff in the game. Not sure if it would work but it's gonna be very fun to try it out. :)

awesome. gotta farm last star of sergeant and get assaj sorted now! long time to go :(
  • Options
    So I've been working my way up on the server, and to be honest I don't know how. I think my team has good synergy, but one is 5*, one is 7*, and the rest are 6* toons. Anyway, I've been ranking up pretty quickly and I came up to your team. I never thought I would even have the opp to finally battle your team, as when you fist created this post I was in the 150's rank. but now I finally do :)

I made a video of our battle. I ended up winning, but by a hair...man soooo close. You'd have no issues taking out my team with you at the helm, but I thought it would be cool to record a video so you could see what your team does when controlled by the AI.

BTW, the name is Mike on the Server.

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/pMV2iHJgDO8
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have Rex, but fives and clone sgt are both either 6* or darn close. Right now I use phasma Kylo fives lumi and either Dooku 5* or RG 4*. I wonder how good chirpa lead with fives and clone sgt would be keep RG and lumi and add phasma for advantage. Might be workable without Rex. Or st Han instead of RG.
  • Options
    My clone sergeant is almost at 7 stars! But yeah is a pain to gear! Have committed yet to that resources sink
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Face2Face wrote: »
    So I've been working my way up on the server, and to be honest I don't know how. I think my team has good synergy, but one is 5*, one is 7*, and the rest are 6* toons. Anyway, I've been ranking up pretty quickly and I came up to your team. I never thought I would even have the opp to finally battle your team, as when you fist created this post I was in the 150's rank. but now I finally do :)

I made a video of our battle. I ended up winning, but by a hair...man soooo close. You'd have no issues taking out my team with you at the helm, but I thought it would be cool to record a video so you could see what your team does when controlled by the AI.

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/pMV2iHJgDO8

Aww, loved Fives' last stand there. ^^

Great battle, and really shows what a big difference AI vs human makes. Thanks for the video! It was educational! Droid teams are otherwise my favourites to pick apart :P
  • Options
    Face2Face wrote: »

Cheers!

Aww, loved Fives' last stand there. ^^

Great battle, and really shows what a big difference AI vs human makes. Thanks for the video! It was educational! Droid teams are otherwise my favourites to pick apart :P

No problem :) Thanks for also accepting my Friend request!