[UPDATED][VIDEO] Clones wins vs Speed meta teams

Prev1
Nonemo
1656 posts Member
edited March 2016
These are the two strongest speed meta teams on my shard. So far I have zero losses against them on offense, but I imagine that they can win fairly easily on offense too. Such is the way this game works.

Still, I'm very happy about this squad and I hope it shows some of the massive, underused potential of toons like Clone Sergeant, in the right circumstances.

https://youtu.be/_n_kB_wnE6M

https://youtu.be/MP3BlsRsrk8

Update: latest video as of March 22nd
https://youtu.be/oQ5v2eOyqlY
Post edited by Nonemo on

Replies

• D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well that was a close match.

Can't wait until rex is farmable.

Thanks for the vid.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, close but far from the closest I've been in the Arena. I think it's a decent showcase of Clone builds. They CAN stick up to very powerful builds, and even win fairly consistently I think. Now I've only won two matches so far. But I'll try and add more to those and see what can be improved.
  • Options
    Great video @Nonemo.

In many scenarios I've had QGJ dispelled RG's taunt and... usually that doesn't end well for me =/
    There are many things we need to watch for when using a clone squad, but it's more fun than just using the DPS squad and burst down everyone.

• Options
    thanks @Nonemo appreciate the vids. In the 2nd one not sure why you started on the RG and then switched to Rey midstream and then back to RG, but you won.. to each their own :)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I may have just attempted to stun Rey, for certain reasons. :)

I didn't play too well tactically in that last battle. The idea was to take out RG early since it's hard to kill any other toons while he's still alive. But then it used the HP buff and added another couple of thousands of HP to its already considerable health pool.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, I updated the team. Now running: Rex (L), Fives, Clone Sergeant, Royal Guard and Asajj Ventress. I ran a second battle against Kang (FTB) (maxed QGJ, Rey, Yoda, RG, GS) and this time I won convincingly with three toons remaining.

Ventress may be slow, but with Rex's turn meter manipulation and RG's auto taunt, she survived to the end. Her AOE buff dispel saved me after Yoda stole my ATK up and distributed it. She definitely made the team stronger.
  • Options
    Great vids! Sarge dealing some impressive damage along with the turn meter. It's nice to see the tanky toons holding their own against such a high damaging defense.
  • Options
    Great vids!
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    Are you a whale? Your roster is :open_mouth:
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    Great vids! Sarge dealing some impressive damage along with the turn meter. It's nice to see the tanky toons holding their own against such a high damaging defense.

I love how Rey slaps Fives for 10K and he goes, hey, I actually felt that - and proceeds with blasting her away. ^^
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Are you a whale? Your roster is :open_mouth:

I presently have 28 7* toons, and only have three left to unlock. I guess that makes me into a big sea mammal?
  • Options
    28 7*? lol
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    They're very shiny. It's like they call out to me.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    @Nonemo Have you tried Plo Koon with the clone team? I know he has the clone synergy but I am curious to whether it is actually viable or just a waste of time.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    @Nonemo Have you tried Plo Koon with the clone team? I know he has the clone synergy but I am curious to whether it is actually viable or just a waste of time.

Plo is sort of a waste of time at the moment. Consider what he actually gives clones: Defense up(ew) and 50% turn meter. and he himself kinda sucks (damage wise).
    Or you can run Phasma for 45% meter, advantage, and actually useful other moves.
    Or anyone not named plo and get real utility.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, unfortunately Plo Koon doesn't add anything that Phasma doesn't do better.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I think this vídeo shows well that certsinly RG changes the meta and allow more diversity.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    They have several videos with Rex and CS on cantina database.
    They are insanely good but closed to the majority of the playerbase.

I will def do a clone squad when/if they can be farmed without spending tons of money.
  • Face2Face
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just noticed that we're on the same server. I've broke the Top 100 before, think I was around 87 or so. I won't be battling you anytime soon, but it's cool to see a fellow server player. I've always been wondering what the top guys were running and now I can see.
  • Options
    These are the kind of squads a whole bunch of us have been waiting for, I'll restart farming the sargent once I'm done with 5's & Dooku.

Would love to see how a Tarkin lead Empire team would to with the magmatrooper eventually ^^
  • EwokJedi1
    131 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    To get a better understanding how a team operates, you should test on full auto. Offense is not hard in this game, all that matters is how your team does on defense.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    With today's update, this team looks to be in a great place! It has the hp and TM to be able to compete with the lightning fast cannons that is becoming the meta.
  • Options
    Great vid. VEry close fight. more I see of Serge more I like.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Mittens wrote: »

I love how Rey slaps Fives for 10K and he goes, hey, I actually felt that - and proceeds with blasting her away. ^^
    Mega Lol
  • Options
    Clone Sergeant is a PITA to gear-up.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    @Nonemo Love the build and video. I have all of those characters except Rex - is this build viable without him? If so, who goes in his place? Thanks.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Gee, I'm afraid Rex is the centerpiece in his build :( The clones really, really need both that big health boost and the extra turn meter bonuses from his leadership skill. He's pretty much tailored to be the perfect Clone team leader. I wouldn't run this build without Rex, and still hope to be competitive up in the top. But maybe there will be new Clone releases in the future that will change that.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I still use my 7* gear 9 max ability Plo Koon for the offense down and buff dispel (and because I spent way too many resources not to use him).
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    These are the two strongest speed meta teams on my shard. So far I have zero losses against them on offense, but I imagine that they can win fairly easily on offense too. Such is the way this game works.

:D@Nonemo I somehow missed this when you posted it. Cheers.

I've always appreciated your willingness to try off-meta builds for fun. I mostly do the same but in GW. Though fighting your team in Arena led me to put the $ into starring up Rex since he seems fun. I just haven't put the credits into leveling him up.

I had a few alt teams I was working on until the April news came out. Given the impending shake up I'll just save my assets and keep rolling out my current squad since it seems to do okay on the offense side.
  • Options
    It's pretty hilarious how poorly the AI handles my team. Yoda specifically.