Separatist Droid Kit and Rework Ideas

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited February 2019
Since CG has confirmed that the Separatists are getting reworked, I thought I’d go back and change a few things on my previous ideas for their kits and reworks. Let me know what you think.

General Grievous Rework Idea
Dark Side, Attacker, Separatist, Droid

Furious Assault Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy, inflict stagger for 2 turns, and gain 10% turn meter. If the target was already debuffed, Grievous has a 75% chance to attack again. This attack can’t be evaded or countered.

Grievous Wounds Special 1: Deal physical damage to all enemies and inflict speed down and health down for 2 turns. Call all other Droid and Separatist allies to assist on target enemy, dealing 20% more damage. All allies gain offense up for 3 turns. (Cooldown 4)

Sinister Laugh Special 2: Inflict healing immunity on all enemies (which can’t be copied, dispelled or resisted) for 2 turns and remove 40% turn meter, which Jedi can’t resist. Droid allies gain 20% turn meter. ZETA: Summon a B1 Battle Droid to the battle (up to three B1s may be present at a time). Inflict target lock for 3 turns on target enemy. Droid allies gain an additional 10% turn meter. (Cooldown 4)

Tactical Retreat Special 3: General Grievous retreats from battle and defeats himself. He can’t be revived. All allies gain 100% turn meter. He dispels all buffs from all enemies and inflicts the opposite debuffs, if any, for 2 turns. He dispels all debuffs from all allies and grants them the opposite buffs, if any, for 2 turns. This ability starts on cooldown. (Cooldown 6)

Daunting Presence Leader: All enemies have -30% critical chance, critical damage and critical avoidance. Debuffed enemies have -30% offense and defense. All Droid allies get +10% tenacity (stacking) until the end of the battle whenever they take damage. Whenever an ally scores a critical hit, they gain critical damage up and speed up for 2 turns. ZETA: Whenever an ally or enemy resists a debuff, all Droid and Separatist allies gain 10% turn meter and recover 25% health. Droid allies gain a bonus max health percentage equal to their tenacity percentage. Target locked enemies have their cooldowns increased by 1 when they lose target lock.

Ruthless Stretegist Unique: Grievous has +15% max health for each Droid and Separatist ally, and +15% max protection for each Jedi and Galactic Republic enemy. Grievous also has +30% offense. In addition, whenever Grievous falls below 50% health, he dispels all debuffs from himself, takes a bonus turn, and forces a random tank ally to taunt for 2 turns and recover 50% health.

B2 Super Battle Droid Rework Idea
Dark Side, Tank, Droid, Separatist

Heavy Arms Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict evasion down for 2 turns. If the target already had evasion down, inflict target lock for 2 turns and grant evasion up to a random ally who doesn't have it for 3 turns.

Mow Down Special: Deal physical damage to all enemies and dispel all buffs on them, with an 80% chance to inflict buff immunity and ability block for 2 turns (applied before damage). All Droid and Separatist allies gain critical chance up for 2 turns. (Cooldown 3)

Relentless Barrage Unique1: B2 has a 60% chance to gain 100% turn meter whenever another ally is evaded or damaged by an attack. B2 has +50% defense and tenacity against Jedi attacks and +50% offense and potency when attacking Jedi enemies. ZETA: B2 gains +20% protection up for 3 turns whenever a Droid ally uses a special ability. While B2 has protection up, all Separatist allies immediately regain any offensive buffs they have for 2 turns whenever they expire.

Programmed Tactics Unique 2: B2 gains taunt for 1 turn whenever a Separatist ally falls below 100% health. While B2 is active, whenever another Separatist ally is defeated, B2 recovers 50% health and grants all allies 20% turn meter, doubled for Separatist allies.

IG-100 MagnaGuard Rework Idea

Electrostaff Assault Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict offense down for 2 turns. If there is at least one other droid ally, gain taunt and defense up for one turn.

Disruption Special: Deal physical damage to all enemies and remove 40% turn meter, with a 50% chance to inflict daze for 2 turns. MagnaGuard gains 5% turn meter for each active galactic republic enemy and separatist ally, plus an additional 50% if any enemies evade this attack. Enemies that are target locked can’t evade this attack and take 25% more damage. (Cooldown 3)

Relentless Assault Unique: MagnaGuard has 80% counter chance. In addition, MagnaGuard gains speed up for 1 turn at the start of its turns if it hasn't been damaged since the end of it's last turn. If it already has speed up, it also gains offense up and critical chance up for 1 turn. ZETA: When an enemy starts their turn, if they are suffering a debuff inflicted by MagnaGuard, MagnaGuard gains 20% turn meter and taunt until the end of that enemy's turn. MagnaGuard recovers 20% health and 10% protection whenever it inflicts a debuff, and if General Grievous is present he also recovers 20% health and 10% protection.

Droideka Kit Idea
gva1upqkxb88.png

Immense Twin-Blaster Cannons Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict speed down and accuracy down for 2 turns. This attack has +10% offense and a 10% chance to attack again (limited once per turn) for each active droid and separatist ally. This second attack can’t critically hit.

Deflector Shield Generator Special 1: Droideka dispels all debuffs from itself, and dispels all debuffs from any allies that had at least one of the debuffs that was dispelled. Droideka gains taunt and protection up (300%) for 4 turns which can't be prevented or dispelled. (Cooldown 5)

Sturdy Assault Special 2: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict target lock for 3 turns if the target already had target lock, which can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. This attack also deals massive damage to the target if they are target locked and below 50% health. (Cooldown 4)

Bodyguard Unique 1: Droideka has +75% defense, doubled if there is at least one active droid ally. Droid allies gain 15% turn meter whenever Droideka takes damage. ZETA: At the end of each enemy turn, if a droid ally took damage and Droideka didn't, all droid allies recover 5% health and protection, and Droideka inflicts target lock for 2 turns on all enemies who damaged a droid ally that turn.

Destroyer Droid Unique 2: Droideka gains +10 speed for each active separatist ally. Droideka has a 40% chance to assist whenever a separatist ally uses an attack. Droideka takes 25% more damage from Thermal Detonators.

B1 Battle Droid Kit Idea
pd5pv2s6nnzr.png

Dark Side, Attacker, Separatist, Droid

Roger Roger Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and gain offense up for 2 turns. If the target was debuffed, this attack ignores armor.

Detonator Toss Special: Deal physical damage to all enemies and inflict a thermal detonator on them. Any enemies who evade or resist this attack lose 50% turn meter, which can’t be evaded or resisted. If General Grievous is present, he gains 50% turn meter. (Cooldown 4)

Separatist Infantry Unique 1: B1 Battle Droid starts the battle with 20% turn meter for each Separatist ally. Whenever it damages a target locked enemy, it gains 50% turn meter.

Mass Produced Unique 2: Whenever the B1 uses an ability on it’s turn, it has an 80% chance to call a random Separatist ally to assist. Whenever the B1 is defeated while there is another active Separatist ally, it summons another B1 Battle Droid to the Battle which can’t be prevented, with the same stats the B1 entered the battle with.
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• Options
    I changed his ability names.
  • Options
    I do like the idea behind your tactical retreat. With like Hermit Yoda and C3p0, GG should be able to retreat to battle again — as he did retreat many times

It would be sweet to be able to use him once with droids and another with separatists in raids
  • Options
    Droideka's basic has a 10% chance to attack againg for each separatist and droid ally. With the full separatist/droid lineup, that's 80%. Maybe it should be 'or' instead of 'and.' Then you could make it a little more balanced with all the other good affects the basic has.
    Deflector field generator is good, but the ally dispel is a little weird. Not saying it's bad, because it's not in game, but it's a little strange. Otherwise great
    Sturdy Assault is great, I love it. One thing though. It gives undispellable target lock for 3 turns and has a cooldown of three. Under an HK lead it would be terrifying because it would apply it a bit too much. This attack would be fine out of context, but in context of an HK lead, it would be too strong. Maybe you could decrease the % health needed to instakill.
    Bodygaurd is perfect. The target lock needs to be for one turn or resistance though, or mass assist attacks would be aweful, and he would always win on offense (as the defense prefers mass attacks over other specials for the most part).
    Destroyer is perfect, but with the current basic, the assist is too good.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS KIT, WILL GIVE MORE FEEDBACK LATER.
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Droideka's basic has a 10% chance to attack againg for each separatist and droid ally. With the full separatist/droid lineup, that's 80%. Maybe it should be 'or' instead of 'and.' Then you could make it a little more balanced with all the other good affects the basic has.
    Actually with the full Separatist Droid lineup, Droideka would have +100% offense and chance to attack again, not 80%. This is because Droideka counts as its own ally. It needs the extra offensive boost because without it, Droideka would be a low damage tank, and I envision Droideka as a somewhat high damage tank when on a team with Separatists and/or droids.
    Deflector field generator is good, but the ally dispel is a little weird. Not saying it's bad, because it's not in game, but it's a little strange. Otherwise great
    Yeah I wanted to try a new type of cleanse here. For example if Droideka cleanses speed down and damage over time from itself, it only cleanses other allies with speed down and damage over time.
    Sturdy Assault is great, I love it. One thing though. It gives undispellable target lock for 3 turns and has a cooldown of three. Under an HK lead it would be terrifying because it would apply it a bit too much. This attack would be fine out of context, but in context of an HK lead, it would be too strong. Maybe you could decrease the % health needed to instakill.
    Sure, I increased the cooldown and decreased the amount of health for massive damage.
    Bodygaurd is perfect. The target lock needs to be for one turn or resistance though, or mass assist attacks would be aweful, and he would always win on offense (as the defense prefers mass attacks over other specials for the most part).
    One strength of Revan and Threepio is all the mass assists. This ability punishes that by target locking them if they mass assist on a different droid than droideka. But I’ll remove the can’t be resisted part.
    Destroyer is perfect, but with the current basic, the assist is too good.
    As I’ve attempted to point out, his basic helps make him shine. It’s not crazy overpowered or damage dealing.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS KIT, WILL GIVE MORE FEEDBACK LATER.

Glad you like it! :)
  • Options
    Ok, understand the basic now. You should put in the text after the extra text, saying 'limited to once per turn.' Otherwise, it is saying that it can do it an infinite number of times per turn, meaning an instakill. That's why I flipped out earlier. Also, characters counting as their own ally is something that the game contradicts. Sometimes they count and sometimes they don't. The game text doesn't ever clarify, which confuses everyone. Thanks for clarifying that he counts as his own ally. Maybe put that in the kit for clarification.

I am really starting to like the dispel on deflector shield generator. It would be a cool concept for the game.

Sturdy Assault is definitely balanced now. I think 50% is good.

I think the can't be resisted on the first special is good.

Thanks for responding, and for clarifying the basic. Great job on this
    :)
  • Options
    Ok, understand the basic now. You should put in the text after the extra text, saying 'limited to once per turn.'
    I added that. I also added that the second attack can’t critically hit otherwise that could potentially create an endless loop of basic attacks under HK lead if both are critical.
    Otherwise, it is saying that it can do it an infinite number of times per turn, meaning an instakill. That's why I flipped out earlier.
    Wait, the instakill is on his special. Is there another loop I’m missing?
    Also, characters counting as their own ally is something that the game contradicts. Sometimes they count and sometimes they don't. The game text doesn't ever clarify, which confuses everyone. Thanks for clarifying that he counts as his own ally. Maybe put that in the kit for clarification.
    Actually the game does clarify when a character counts as their own ally or not. If an ability says call all allies to assist, that includes the character using the ability. If an ability says call all other allies to assist, that doesn’t include the character using the ability. Just check and see if the ability description includes the word ‘other’ or not.
  • Options
    Thanks for the "others" clarification on allies.
    The instakill on the basic was just the attacking again without limit, but you fixed that
  • Options
    Like the B1 kit. The only change I would make is making the assists a chance instead of guaranteed. This can make so much turn meter. Also, how its worded now makes the basic assist. Wondering if that's intentional. Like how the revive resets any max health reduction or anything else like that. Nice kit.
  • Options
    Like the B1 kit. The only change I would make is making the assists a chance instead of guaranteed. This can make so much turn meter. Also, how its worded now makes the basic assist. Wondering if that's intentional. Like how the revive resets any max health reduction or anything else like that. Nice kit.

Made it 80% chance for assist. Calling an assist on basic is intentional.
  • Options
    Personally I would have liked if grievous’ leader ability made droid allies immune to plague.
  • Options
    HKFactory wrote: »
    Personally I would have liked if grievous’ leader ability made droid allies immune to plague.

They can cleanse it pretty quickly with a zeta on his leader ability.
    Whenever an ally or enemy resists a debuff, all Droid and Separatist allies gain 10% turn meter and recover 25% health.
  • Options
    I mean, I guess it’s possible, but it just never made logical sense to me how a machine could contract a plague.
  • Options
    WILL GIVE MORE FEEDBACK LATER.

@ReworkGriev0us I’m just curious if you had any feedback for any of the other three reworks.
  • Options
    I'll get on it. Been really busy lately though
  • Options
    I'll get on it. Been really busy lately though

That’s totally fine, don’t stress about it.
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    Love the magnagaurd rework. Wouldn't change anything.
  • ReworkGriev0us
    213 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    B2 is good. I would decrease the time for the evasion down on the basic. Also, i think the second unique should only work while B2 is active. This may just be a misprint. Also, maybe the protection up should last as long. Maybe it should. I'm not sure. Good kit. Like the taunt. Right now he's not really a tank.
  • Options
    Grievous is insanely overpowered, that's a hard counter to everything. With B1 constantly reviving and providing TM + Health, Grievous bringing in more B1s, stacking tenacity on the heavy tanks (B2 and Droideka), they would make MASSIVE walls that would be gaining insane TM and just impossible to get through without a team built on protecting Nihilus w/ taunting tanks and Nest.
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Grievous is insanely overpowered, that's a hard counter to everything. With B1 constantly reviving and providing TM + Health, Grievous bringing in more B1s, stacking tenacity on the heavy tanks (B2 and Droideka), they would make MASSIVE walls that would be gaining insane TM and just impossible to get through without a team built on protecting Nihilus w/ taunting tanks and Nest.

They are overpowered so that CG can let them be meta for a couple weeks. People will waste their crystals and gear leveling up these guys. Then, CG releases Darth Revan who crushes them and takes over the meta: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/193249/darth-revan-kit-idea
  • Options
    B2 is good. I would decrease the time for the evasion down on the basic. Also, i think the second unique should only work while B2 is active. This may just be a misprint. Also, maybe the protection up should last as long. Maybe it should. I'm not sure. Good kit. Like the taunt. Right now he's not really a tank.

Evasion down only lasts 2 turns, I don’t think the duration needs to be decreased. I changed its unique to say that it only works while B2 is active, I meant to put that in originally.
  • ReworkGriev0us
    213 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Sorry, meant to put evasion up. 3 turns is a lot, I just accidentally put evasion down before. The evasion down is fine.