TW/GA: Is posting a blocker squad that most cannot defeat unfair or sound strategy?

2Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    dominiQC wrote: »
    Strategy.

This.

It doesnt matter how a toon is obtained, no limitations should be put on the strategy a player can make, just because the other side doesnt have or may not have a toon.

If you fear the revan wall, plan for it, develop the counters to beat it. Dont ask someone else to make it easier for you.
  • Options
    As much as I dislike being a FTP player who does not have all the latest and greatest bells and whistles, the SWGOH business model is set up to cater to those who will support the game through BUYING the product. The last attempt to BAN certain toons from TW was met with resounding rage and mass complaint. Players that literally spent thousands of dollars to create the best squad the game has to offer want to be free to utilize that squad in EVERY aspect of the game. To them, banning Revan is a form of censorship.

There is no fair and unfair in TW or ANY aspect of a game where players or guilds can literally buy a victory (through purchasing the best toons/gear/etc.) This is a business and the product is a game. This is not a sport supposedly officiated by impartial referees.

TW will Never be in any way shape or form "FAIR" in a medium where individuals are allowed to pay to have better rosters. CG figured out very quickly the rage from the player base that banning toons was not the preferred option to spice up TW, so they went the route of buffing certain factions - which I personally think is fun. AND it also plays into their business model to make otherwise irrelevant squads and toon suddenly VERY relevant for victory. Anything that assures victory (and something you can pay for) will put more $ in their business. Whatever your view of capitalism this is 100% capitalism...and without it working exactly this way, there would be no SWGOH and definitely no ongoing improvements to SWGOH.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Any team of 5 or less characters is fair.
  • Options
    It is fair to use any heroes and any mods you have at your disposal in whatever fashion you like. It's the other guild's job to find a way through.
  • Options
    Thought occurs, as more Revan Squads are ready, at some point a new counter will emerge, in the form of a new OP hero. Rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    It's sound strategy. And no, characters should not be banned. Learn what the counters are (and there are a few different options to counter Revan), gear/mod said counters appropriately and save them for offense.

Honestly, I don't understand how this is a question. Why shouldn't you be able to use a powerful character on defense?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*