Kit Reveal: B1 Battle Droid

1235Next

Replies

• Love the Felucia map though, that's new if I'm not mistaken?

I think we saw it in Embo's marquee event.
  • My VERY weak Separatist team (who were NOT Droids, that would have been really hot) cleared the whole event with the B1, the sucker rocks even without GG lead, imagine with it. He constantly heals others, his AOE is doing good damage, and he is attacking ALL the time.

Getting this in Marquee is awesome. I love the Marquees and thinking the whining about them is ignorant, you get free mods (I just got a speed arrow and another mod with 5 speed 2nd) and 50 shards of often a great character, wth is not to like.

Also amazing we don't appear to need G10 on this. So even 3 star, level 84 will be quite usable, but the Zeta really boosts it by 100% so really wanted here. IDK, I want to level this toon asap even though I don't have GG, B2, Droidika etc and have a TON of other priorities, it just seems that good. You can through R2 in the mix and stick the foresight on B1 too (I did this) and he takes it like a man lol, but does lose a ton of stacks that way.

Im happy that youre happy.

Nevertheless, I came to the opposite conclusion. My geos, that are clearly only useable for fleets, still deal much better damage than b1. They dont assist, thats fair, but they bring in their own tools. I expexted a brand new b1 marquee to clearly be superior, but he isnt.

I think you're missing the point of B1, it is a support droid not a first class attacker

You are probably righrt, although his role in game is written as Attacker. Thats why I expected him to be good at that..
  • Makes for interesting low-end GA fodder and can make another faction useful. I also used some middling to decent droids for the event, including a C3PO in the leadership slot to take advantage of the heal on basic, G11 IG88 and G8 IPD for TL synergy, and G8 L3 and T3. I could see how a reasonably geared, well modded HK / B1 / B2 with some combination of 88 / IPD / L3 / T3 could surprise a lot of people in GA or TW.
  • New map is awesome. Great job. Felucia where the Bounty Hunters Episode is set?

oickbtn6j1bx.png
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    Drim wrote: »
    Ok I understand putting gear on the droid for speed but why do I need more stars? It seems like anything under 7 will all be the same no? 7 gets you the extra gear slots and mods etc but 3,4,5,6 all the same right?
    Increases star count will increase all stats, including the useful stats such as potency, offense, and speed for B1.

Star count doesn't effect potency

Or speed...

Essentially B1 is like Paper Zombie taken to the extreme:

Stars do nothing for B1.

Gear levels do nothing for B1.

Gear does very little for B1.

B1 does not say Roger, Roger.

Not really sure where they were going with B1, but its current design appears to make it worse then what we already have, doing absolutely nothing to the meta. Just another character added in through a method that requires 300 dollars to max, which gains you nothing this time round.

I wonder when whales will wise up and stop just handing over money to a company that doesn't really deserve it for these prices so we can reduce that price for a change.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Ok I understand putting gear on the droid for speed but why do I need more stars? It seems like anything under 7 will all be the same no? 7 gets you the extra gear slots and mods etc but 3,4,5,6 all the same right?
    Increases star count will increase all stats, including the useful stats such as potency, offense, and speed for B1.

Or speed...

Stars do nothing for B1.

Not really sure where they were going with B1, but its current design appears to make it worse then what we already have, doing absolutely nothing to the meta. Just another character added in through a method that requires 300 dollars to max, which gains you nothing this time round.

I wonder when whales will wise up and stop just handing over money to a company that doesn't really deserve it for these prices so we can reduce that price for a change.

Not sure if you can make this conclusion until you see GG and DD kits. Perhaps HK too.

And I'm not one, but whales are who pay for all the F2P guys. No complaints from me.
  • I threw the zeta on b1 right away. Kit is sic. Makes droids do work in arena already. Im very happy.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

Or speed...

Stars do nothing for B1.

Not sure if you can make this conclusion until you see GG and DD kits. Perhaps HK too.

And I'm not one, but whales are who pay for all the F2P guys. No complaints from me.
    Unless they drastically change HK’s kit, B1 will probably not fit under it. B1 can’t score crits and has a lot of synergy with separatist droids that would be mostly wasted on a normal droid squad.
  • Saw a video last night where a g11 GG Magna B1 B2 and BB8 Were beating some weaker Revan teams. And GG and Magna arent reworked yet. B1 was healing people for 50k at the start of battle. Should be pretty good.
  • Ahnald has a video out now that has GG / B1 / B2 / Magnaguard and Chewie beating a slow Revan. Already.

Seven stars get you access to G12 pieces which provide speed and damage output. Two things this little guy drastically needs.
  • Ahnald has a video out now that has GG / B1 / B2 / Magnaguard and Chewie beating a slow Revan. Already.

Seven stars get you access to G12 pieces which provide speed and damage output. Two things this little guy drastically needs.

He is super fast already. I put ok speed mods on him and he is already 222 total speed at gear 8.
    He is thrawn and nest speed. He is nest or scion level marquee already.
  • What does Isolate do to Battalion stacks? Does it prevent future ones from being added for a turn until B1 gets hit? I imagine after one hit it is back to business as usual so maybe it doesn't really matter but I am curious as to any interaction.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Why does B1 require a health holoprojector(Green) that gives +250 health for gear when B1 only gets 1 health??

B1 gear should be pure offense, Crit or speed, nothing for health or defense. Just making people waste gear is lame.
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    Why does B1 require a health holoprojector(Green) that gives +250 health for gear when B1 only gets 1 health??

B1 gear should be pure offense, Crit or speed, nothing for health or defense. Just making people waste gear is lame.

If he only had offense crit and speed for every 6 slot for every gear tier, he'd be the fastest, heaviest hitting character in the whole game.
  • Hanfirst wrote: »
    Why does B1 require a health holoprojector(Green) that gives +250 health for gear when B1 only gets 1 health??

If he only had offense crit and speed for every 6 slot for every gear tier, he'd be the fastest, heaviest hitting character in the whole game.

Except that whole he can’t score critical hits thing...
  • CG, you got B1 100% right... even better than I’d hope. It feels like I’ve got an army of B1s with the zeta, and the bold kit with its new mechanics matches with the lore of the character. This is excellent!

Though I’m not looking forward to facing 25 to 50 B1s on defense in Territory War... Might end up being more of a defensive fight now.
  • My B1 ran into Talzin today in GW. Every time B1 died he came back with Plague already there. It absolutely destroyed him.
    Feels like a bug to me; surely a “new” B1 droid should be nice and shiny?!?
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • Anyone has an idea how B-1 stacks worth in between multiple matches?
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Anyone has an idea how B-1 stacks worth in between multiple matches?
    If you mean in GA or TW, he goes back to 100 at the start of each battle, regardless of how many he ended up with in the previous battle.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    If you mean in GA or TW, he goes back to 100 at the start of each battle, regardless of how many he ended up with in the previous battle.

Cool!
  • Wow amazin how didu do that.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    evoluza wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

That's 100% confirmed @Droideka?
    All abilities that say-‘At the start of each battle” reset every battle. That is why Bastilla teams recover all of their bonus protection each battle. B1 gets 100 stacks at the start of the battle, so he will always start with 100 stacks.
  • B1 battle Droid sounds OP but is a good way to keep them alive because of protecting separatist ally to stay alive. B1 battle Droid is so a shield to keep and support the separatist ally to win the battle. The MagnaGuard and General Grievous rework are good but not expected than this strength. General Grievous is not as far strong as Jedi Knight Revan, so JKR will be best character in this February 2019 and maybe in March 2019 too.
  • B1 battle Droid sounds OP but is a good way to keep them alive because of protecting separatist ally to stay alive. B1 battle Droid is so a shield to keep and support the separatist ally to win the battle. The MagnaGuard and General Grievous rework are good but not expected than this strength. General Grievous is not as far strong as Jedi Knight Revan, so JKR will be best character in this February 2019 and maybe in March 2019 too.

If your gonna us him for major stuff, you need that zeta. He dies quickly otherwise.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales