Kit Reveal: B1 Battle Droid

Replies

• leef wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    So it seems that he only does have one zeta. While we have had omega abilities that were unlocked at levels above 80, they are very rare, and we have never had two of those on one character. We also have never had a zeta that was unlocked at level 80. In fact, the description of a zeta mat is, “A rare material used to upgrade character abilities beyond level 80.” I know CG was getting all upset about us nitpicking that the definition of a few is two in the road ahead, but beyond level 80 means more than 80, so we shouldn’t have zetas AT level 80.

Why would you look at the levels at which an ability is unlock if you could just view the kit on the forum though?
    I mean, you can get all up in their business about lvl 80 not being beyond level 80 which the zeta mat description states, but why would you?
    Because when they contradicte something that has been constant about zeta abilities that even goes against their own in-game description of zeta abilities, I have questions. I viewed B1 battledroid in game, and from everything we have known about zeta abilities, it seemed that B1 needed two, and the one ability that actually needs a zeta seemed to be an omega. I can’t have been the only one to make this mistake.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    So it seems that he only does have one zeta. While we have had omega abilities that were unlocked at levels above 80, they are very rare, and we have never had two of those on one character. We also have never had a zeta that was unlocked at level 80. In fact, the description of a zeta mat is, “A rare material used to upgrade character abilities beyond level 80.” I know CG was getting all upset about us nitpicking that the definition of a few is two in the road ahead, but beyond level 80 means more than 80, so we shouldn’t have zetas AT level 80.

Why would you look at the levels at which an ability is unlock if you could just view the kit on the forum though?
    I mean, you can get all up in their business about lvl 80 not being beyond level 80 which the zeta mat description states, but why would you?
    Because when they contradicte something that has been constant about zeta abilities that even goes against their own in-game description of zeta abilities, I have questions. I viewed B1 battledroid in game, and from everything we have known about zeta abilities, it seemed that B1 needed two, and the one ability that actually needs a zeta seemed to be an omega. I can’t have been the only one to make this mistake.

Right, if you want to go there it's fine by me. Personally i think it will be a fruitless endeavor.
    I also like to say that it didn't seem like b1 needed two zetas based on the ingame information. As @Vendi1983 pointed out, not every ability that requires a higher character level than 80 is a zeta. So your assumption about b1 needing 2 zetas was baseless in the first place.
    iirc they always release the character kit prior to releasing the character itself, making it a non-issue imho. I do however agree that consistancy in such matters would be nice.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Right, if you want to go there it's fine by me. Personally i think it will be a fruitless endeavor.
    I also like to say that it didn't seem like b1 needed two zetas based on the ingame information. As @Vendi1983 pointed out, not every ability that requires a higher character level than 80 is a zeta. So your assumption about b1 needing 2 zetas was baseless in the first place.
    iirc they always release the character kit prior to releasing the character itself, making it a non-issue imho. I do however agree that consistancy in such matters would be nice.
    You’re right. I made an incorrect assumption based on the information. B1’s kit had me very confused about the zetas he needed. I am glad he only needs 1.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Question: if b1 has 1hp and it takes damage is that considered a "death" that will feed Asajj's unique?
  • Watch Grievous's leadership give extra Droid Battalion. Then he'll be incredible. He's already good.
  • Watch Grievous's leadership give extra Droid Battalion. Then he'll be incredible. He's already good.

Zeta: Every Separatist Droid ally starts with 1 Droid Batallion, and gains 1 extra whenever they defeat an enemy
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • I wonder about mass assist attacks. If you trigger mass assist from Revan or GK for example. Will B1 lose 8 stacks or 40?
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    I'm still not sure if multi attacks or mass attacks would work like that? Things like Flurry of Blows and Fracture deal multiple instances of damage in one attack.
    A mass or multi hit attack deals damage once with every instance of the attack (ie Leia attacks 3 times, three instances of one damage, Gk assist with 1 instance of damage from each buffed ally), so theoretically if B1 "dies" to the first attack instance, then going off other times when enemies die before the second or third instance, the character wouldn't attack again, and B1 would only lose 8 stacks of Droid Battalion?

Yes, mass assists work the same way......8 stacks for every hit. Crumb confirmed this in the update megathread.

• Maybe this has been answered but how will b1's death when he runs out of battalions interact with l337's zeta since he has no health pool?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Halo wrote: »
    Puddis95 wrote: »
    What happens if annihilate is used on b1

B1 ‘can’t be defeated’
    Annihilate ‘instantly defeats’ an enemy.

My guess is the same as zombie, nothing happens and it just loses its 8 stacks as normal
    Correct, B1 will just lose 8 stacks of Droid Battalion if annihilated

That should not happen as annihilate doesn't deal damage (B1 only loses 8 stacks upon taking damage).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    Maybe this has been answered but how will b1's death when he runs out of battalions interact with l337's zeta since he has no health pool?

I don’t see any reason L3’s unique would do anything at all here.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Ok I understand putting gear on the droid for speed but why do I need more stars? It seems like anything under 7 will all be the same no? 7 gets you the extra gear slots and mods etc but 3,4,5,6 all the same right?
  • Drim wrote: »
    Ok I understand putting gear on the droid for speed but why do I need more stars? It seems like anything under 7 will all be the same no? 7 gets you the extra gear slots and mods etc but 3,4,5,6 all the same right?
    Increases star count will increase all stats, including the useful stats such as potency, offense, and speed for B1.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Gear gets you offense. Which mean more damage. Which is good
  • nice
  • Puddis95
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    After destroying all 100 stacks of b1
    What happens if say Jawa engineer revives him does he go back to 100
    Post edited by Puddis95 on
  • Ventress will be loving all those revives ...
  • Ventress will be loving all those revives ...

B1 doesn't die (can't be defeated) so won't feed Daka and Asajj's uniques.
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    Maybe this has been answered but how will b1's death when he runs out of battalions interact with l337's zeta since he has no health pool?

L3's zeta is triggered when a droid first falls to 1 health. Since b1 starts at that point and never above it, it will never trigger the condition needed to activate the health equilization.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    So, there any point to gearing B1?

Gear levels do nothing, gear doesn't do much at all.

This is an op character starting at G1, lol, just offence is really the only reason to gear
  • My VERY weak Separatist team (who were NOT Droids, that would have been really hot) cleared the whole event with the B1, the sucker rocks even without GG lead, imagine with it. He constantly heals others, his AOE is doing good damage, and he is attacking ALL the time.

Getting this in Marquee is awesome. I love the Marquees and thinking the whining about them is ignorant, you get free mods (I just got a speed arrow and another mod with 5 speed 2nd) and 50 shards of often a great character, wth is not to like.

Also amazing we don't appear to need G10 on this. So even 3 star, level 84 will be quite usable, but the Zeta really boosts it by 100% so really wanted here. IDK, I want to level this toon asap even though I don't have GG, B2, Droidika etc and have a TON of other priorities, it just seems that good. You can through R2 in the mix and stick the foresight on B1 too (I did this) and he takes it like a man lol, but does lose a ton of stacks that way.
  • My VERY weak Separatist team (who were NOT Droids, that would have been really hot) cleared the whole event with the B1, the sucker rocks even without GG lead, imagine with it. He constantly heals others, his AOE is doing good damage, and he is attacking ALL the time.

Getting this in Marquee is awesome. I love the Marquees and thinking the whining about them is ignorant, you get free mods (I just got a speed arrow and another mod with 5 speed 2nd) and 50 shards of often a great character, wth is not to like.

Also amazing we don't appear to need G10 on this. So even 3 star, level 84 will be quite usable, but the Zeta really boosts it by 100% so really wanted here. IDK, I want to level this toon asap even though I don't have GG, B2, Droidika etc and have a TON of other priorities, it just seems that good. You can through R2 in the mix and stick the foresight on B1 too (I did this) and he takes it like a man lol, but does lose a ton of stacks that way.

Im happy that youre happy.

Nevertheless, I came to the opposite conclusion. My geos, that are clearly only useable for fleets, still deal much better damage than b1. They dont assist, thats fair, but they bring in their own tools. I expexted a brand new b1 marquee to clearly be superior, but he isnt.

Im happy that youre happy.

Nevertheless, I came to the opposite conclusion. My geos, that are clearly only useable for fleets, still deal much better damage than b1. They dont assist, thats fair, but they bring in their own tools. I expexted a brand new b1 marquee to clearly be superior, but he isnt.

I think you're missing the point of B1, it is a support droid not a first class attacker. You give it speed mods and every turn it can do it's AOE AND heal a Separatist, which under GG will be a HUGE heal. Then, if the separatists are also droids, like Magma, GG, B2, etc, they heal EVERY time this thing does his basic also, which is every single time a team member attacks, that alone is huge (and the only reason I got by with my G8 toons, that, and attacking teams were crap), nvm the accumulated dmg from so many attacks. Sure it's only putting out maybe 3K or something, and that is about 18K when you count it's attack and all it's assists, every round of battle, that is on par with the Geos. There is a reason many are already calling this OP, I see it. To really shine though it needs a Zeta and GG reworked lead
  • Dagobond
    134 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    B1 Battle Droid doesn't say "Roger, Roger!" It would be so awesome if the devs added that in at some point for at least one of the abilities! It is a classic line for them!
    Post edited by Dagobond on
  • Maybe we will see an Eeth Koth redo... ?
  • Oh wow really!? No 'Roger roger'for his AOE or droid dying sound when you destroy a battalion. Wasted opportunity from an audio stand point.
  • Love the Felucia map though, that's new if I'm not mistaken?
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Drim wrote: »
    Increases star count will increase all stats, including the useful stats such as potency, offense, and speed for B1.

Star count doesn't effect potency
  • Star count doesn't effect potency
    Indeed it does not. :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/b1-battle-droid/stats/