Jedi Master and Apprentice Bundle Comments & Questions (Merged Threads)

Prev134
Vaders_Underwear
233 posts Member
edited March 2016
I've been holding off spending money on anything just yet, but this one looks pretty good. 3 good characters, a load of QGJ shards (I imagine even more for those of us that already have him unlocked), 10 purple mats, and 1M credits. Thoughts?
Post edited by warmonkey1024 on

Replies

• Options
    If we already own Qui do we get extra shards in the pack on top of the 55? Seems fair that we should since we already spent resources to get him.

In other words... I spend 60$ and get one char and the rest of the package. Someone else spends 60$ and they get 2 chars and enough shards to level their Qui to another star.
  • Options
    If you already have QGJ he is converted to 15 additional shards, so you would get a total of 80 shards for him.
  • Options
    Gotcha... Thank you. But I think you only get 55 in the bundle so that would be 70 but still enough for me to star him again.
  • Options
    What if you have 6 Star Jin and 5 Star Anakin, am I getting ripped off on shards if I do this? I believe I should get 80 shards minimum for Jin and 65 for Anakin as I already spent money to star them up. Somebody from EA please clear this up.
  • Darth_Katsumoto
    510 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No you are wrong. If you have QGJ and Anakin already then you get 15 for QGJ plus the 55 shards. You'd get 32 shards for anakin.

Edit: wow I sounded uptight lol. I hope that helps you make your decision OP lol.
  • Tigerdad13
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    wow doesn't seem like good return if you already have both characters at 6 and 5. Thanks for reply

Edit- seems like they need to add a little more value for 60$.
  • Options
    If you already own Anakin and QGJ, the amount of shards converted will vary depending on the star level of the character. The higher the star, the more shards you will get. I can't remember what the conversion was though.
  • Options
    For $60? No thanks. It's too expensive. I'd rather use that money on crystals for refreshes, I'd get a lot more fun and play time out of that.
  • Options
    Too expensive for me.
  • Options
    QCJ is fairly easy to farm now through carina shipments but the anakin appeals as I'm struggling to farm him.

I just don't want spend anymore on this game til more content is added.

So mixed feelings. Package does look decent but pointless for now for those with decent teams already, in the context of a game without much content.

I know people will post the usual that the game is in it infancy, but that does not stop EA/CG charging £45 for this bundle lol
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I really don't understand how so many people spend $60+ on such a small portion of the game when there are entire AAA titles that sell for that much or less.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Do you have those characters? QGJ and Anakin are solid characters, spending on this pack will greatly shorten your time of maxing them out. 10 ability mats and 1M credit is pretty great as well.
  • Options
    I could definitely use Anakin, and though It'll be awhile before I start farming Ahsoka, the QGJ shards would make an immediate impact on my roster. I've have other priorities ahead of QGJ so I could use that boost.

It does also come with 1340 crystals, and though for $50 you can get 7k+ crystals, I don't think that would net you 55+ QGJ shards if he is someone you need. This is obviously timed with the Yoda event for those of us that don't have a full 4-star Jedi squad.

QGJ is my main leader in GW and I could reap those rewards immediately. I can't yet use him in Arena but those shards would get him closer to bumping Daka out of my Arena squad.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Not worth it unless you REALLY need QGJ shards to max him, or the other Jedi to finish the yoda event. The crystals are worth $10. The credits and droids are another $10. So you have to ask yourself if all those QGJ, ani, and Ashoka shards and 10 purple mats are worth $40 to you. Cause they aren't to me.
  • Chaxis
    40 posts Member
    Options
    If you already own a QGJ,what happens to the Two star in the bundle?
    Does it get converted to more shards,if so I'd like think it's more than 7 considering the cash outlay?
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Chaxis wrote: »
    Does it get converted to more shards,if so I'd like think it's more than 7 considering the cash outlay?

Not sure but I'd be surprised is they up'd the conversion rate because you paid for it.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Chaxis wrote: »

Same as any other conversion. You get shards based on the unlock. Since he unlocks at 2*, you get 15 shards.
  • Options
    am i missing something? I do not even see this pack available and my app is up to date....
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    am i missing something? I do not even see this pack available and my app is up to date....

I had to let the app reload (force close/open) to see it. Same as it was last time. Still too expense, IMO. $40 and I would have bought it.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Same as it was last time. Still too expense, IMO.

I've only been playing for less than 2 months, they've had similar offers in the past?

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Same as it was last time. Still too expense, IMO.

I've only been playing for less than 2 months, they've had similar offers in the past?

Yes. They do various character bundles periodically.
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    It's $85 CAD in Canada. What a rip off.
  • Options
    Brom wrote: »
    It's $85 CAD in Canada. What a rip off.

Talk to your consulate, I've already received approval from INS down here in the US to do a straight up trade, you for Bieber. We'll even handle your relocation costs.

• Options
    I still don't see it...
  • DarthSwole
    34 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Message deleted. Language.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    DarthSwole wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »
    I really don't understand how so many people spend $60+ on such a small portion of the game when there are entire AAA titles that sell for that much or less.

Some of us have no time to dedicate to console/PC gaming. Mobile gaming when in the shitter or during coffee breaks at work is the only time to play.

I get that. I'm doing the exact same thing myself. But it's $60 for a very small portion of the game. I just can't justify that. It boggles my mind when some say they've spent hundreds or even thousands. I guess I've just always enjoyed the grind that most RPG's have always had. Something about working towards a goal over time and then enjoying the fruits of your labor.
  • Options
    Thats a good deal if it includes a copy of SW Battlefront
  • Options
    So basically 70 qgj shards, 4*anakin or 32 shards, 25 ashoka shards for $40(as someone mentioned the crystals are $10 anyways and the credits/mats are $10)
  • Options
    the thing I want most and am working towards most right now is Anakin shards, currently at 37/85 for him, so almost 6*, but if it comes down to buying this pack (for $85 canadian!) or just grinding for another month, I can wait and grind because these prices are mind boggling
  • Options
    They are smart EA games. They offer this bundle at the same time of the yoda eveny so everyone will pay to unlock the yoda