Fleet Arena ruined by OT Millenium Falcon

Prev1
OK Devs, I get it. The whales whaled and got the iconic ship. It's performing absolutely great in fleets as it should.

Problem is anyone without it can't even get into the top 20 anymore and with the - let's put it this way - not exactly superb reward system it's very discouraging. From what I saw the Palpmobile won't effect it the slightest as we lose at least one, more often two ships in the first 20 seconds against the OT **** teams. It basically takes some RNG miracle to even scratch them.

We lose rewards -> less crystal to farm -> even harder times. The abysmal drop rates don't help either, I successfully wasted over 200 energy and didn't get a single shard. I'd clap but afraid you'd take it as encouragement.

Kindly fix this. I know the whales should enjoy a few months of glory but that doesn't make it enjoyable.

Replies

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    The real problem with the Falcon meta is the 3v3 format. The fact is that the Falcon can easily take down one or two ships in the opening volley. This means you lose. If it was still 5v5 then the assisting shields and damage would be much more spread and since 5v5 had less rng, much easier to win.

They designed this ship purely around it being incredibly op in the 3v3 format. The shuttle should have countered it. It should have been much stronger then it is. Ships never required mirror matches to win in ships before now.

Because yes, ships unfortunately have a very top heavy reward system, you need to be in the top 5 to get much out of it, top 10 for some, top 20 for the rest, and of course, being there now has a requirement of the Falcon. I can only reach top 10 in my shard because I can jump between Falcons. I can beat anyone on offence that doesn't have the Falcon. Like ships used to be when you could actually win on offence.
  • Options
    I detest the rebels but CG throws player agency out the dang window and force cookie cutter fleets to stay competitive. No other options but one single option. It’s nuts.
  • Options
    When I lose 4 times out of 5 hoping for RNG, that's not viable at all.
  • Options
    This is my first post here and I was actually driven to search out this forum for the sole reason that I want to give my poor fleet shardmates a break in our Discord chat.

I hate, hate , hate, hate, HATE the OT **** - and I HAVE IT!

I used to really enjoy and look forward to fleet arena. Yes, it was very one-dimensional, but I could consistently get crystals without spending big bucks chasing the latest meta du jour in squad arena.

My **** is 5 star and I've derailed other high value farming projects (missing Revan again) to drastically improve my rebel crews and ships just to continue getting anything at all in fleet arena rewards.

I can beat most any fleet in my shard and move into first place... unless the RNG goes down the toilet and I can't seem to get any blasted assists at all! I'm talking, battle after battle. I assume it even gets me on defense, judging by how far I drop in the standings some days.

Meanwhile, my opponent is kicking my butt with repeated multiple assists, and within about 60 seconds it's clear that I have no chance whatsoever of winning, **** or no ****. If there's some game mechanic that makes sense here, please enlighten me, because I'm getting tired (as I'm sure my shardmates are) of cursing the CG developers for somehow making the game moe one-dimensional, more frustrating, and much less enjoyable.

Please, before I quit playing this piece of....
  • Options
    Game developers don't know meaning of meta/balance/imbalance. **** is annoying as hell
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone ready to have the rest of their Fleet arena the same :D
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

Mine already is the same and has been for moths.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »

How many moths and were they small Earth moths or giant space moths? :D

Ironically the top end of my shard actually got more diverse after the first appearance of the Falcon. We shall see what happens this time. Hopefully not the fleet equivalent of RevanDome.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »

How many moths and were they small Earth moths or giant space moths? :D

Ironically the top end of my shard actually got more diverse after the first appearance of the Falcon. We shall see what happens this time. Hopefully not the fleet equivalent of RevanDome.

It's an odd thing. No one got 7* in my shard the first time around. There's 3 6* and 3-4 5*. I know a few of us are salivating for the return so we can 7*, but I don't think that even all the current Falcon owners are going to 7* this time around. Let alone see a new flood of HMF. I really don't forsee a repeat of what JKR has done to Squad thankfully. And even if there is a big uptick, while they were farming for 5* I was adding depth to my ship roster and (hopefully) farming towards the next "Big Thing". So when it drops I will be ready to move.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    In ship arena it took me forever to build my current fleet. I'm f2p so it takes me a while to get competitive with p2p players. I could stay in the top 20 regularly and even took 1st place once. Then the falcon came out. My top notch fleet can't even come close to defeating the Home One/Falcon fleet. The top 8 ranks became solid Falcon fleets until now. The top 11 are now Falcon Flleets. So I am working on my own Falcon Fleet to stay competitive because the other fleets are useless. There is no strategy that will work unless you do mirror combat. What a shame. I feel like I wasted a lot of my time on something I can no longer use. The developers need to find a way to make other fleets viable again.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The real problem with the Falcon meta is the 3v3 format. The fact is that the Falcon can easily take down one or two ships in the opening volley. This means you lose. If it was still 5v5 then the assisting shields and damage would be much more spread and since 5v5 had less rng, much easier to win.

They designed this ship purely around it being incredibly op in the 3v3 format. The shuttle should have countered it. It should have been much stronger then it is. Ships never required mirror matches to win in ships before now.

Because yes, ships unfortunately have a very top heavy reward system, you need to be in the top 5 to get much out of it, top 10 for some, top 20 for the rest, and of course, being there now has a requirement of the Falcon. I can only reach top 10 in my shard because I can jump between Falcons. I can beat anyone on offence that doesn't have the Falcon. Like ships used to be when you could actually win on offence.

Lol you dont think shuttle will make sith/empire fleets OP once they get the new god tier capital..... we shall see xur.... we shall see

Edit i think i quoted wrong post
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Well, my fleet arena top 20 is already starting to look identical, can't wait to see the entire top 50 be the same :D
  • Options
    Yes, H1 and Falcon are pretty dominant and more diversity would be great. BUT being someone that actually did play H1 and mainly Rebels from the beginning, against all the Executrix Metas in Fleet 1.0 and 2.0, I really enjoy my comfortable crystal income as long as it lasts. Getting 1 again after being targeted by all the same lame, facerolling imperial fleets was quite exhausting in the past. So I read the comments, figuring most of them must come from the former Meta players, with a slight smile. Yes, I am somewhat biased :).

Now back to topic: The good thing about this Meta is: At least it is NOT rng dependant if you have it yourself. Even with 5* Falcon and slower H1 you can constantly win mirrors. And it is not a meta where you have to be afraid of timeouts. So it really could be worse.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    This is my first post here and I was actually driven to search out this forum for the sole reason that I want to give my poor fleet shardmates a break in our Discord chat.

I hate, hate , hate, hate, HATE the OT **** - and I HAVE IT!

I used to really enjoy and look forward to fleet arena. Yes, it was very one-dimensional, but I could consistently get crystals without spending big bucks chasing the latest meta du jour in squad arena.

My **** is 5 star and I've derailed other high value farming projects (missing Revan again) to drastically improve my rebel crews and ships just to continue getting anything at all in fleet arena rewards.

I can beat most any fleet in my shard and move into first place... unless the RNG goes down the toilet and I can't seem to get any blasted assists at all! I'm talking, battle after battle. I assume it even gets me on defense, judging by how far I drop in the standings some days.

Meanwhile, my opponent is kicking my butt with repeated multiple assists, and within about 60 seconds it's clear that I have no chance whatsoever of winning, **** or no ****. If there's some game mechanic that makes sense here, please enlighten me, because I'm getting tired (as I'm sure my shardmates are) of cursing the CG developers for somehow making the game moe one-dimensional, more frustrating, and much less enjoyable.

Please, before I quit playing this piece of....

What's your solution ?

The only way now to unmeta the falcon is releasing a new GOD tier capital ship Sith, Seperatist, FO, maybe even Republic...and Resistance does not have the ships.

Ask yourself straight up.... Do you want them to release a sith capital with Revan or Malak that the majority of the game does not have... Which gives mass protection gains, undispellable Daze, % damage on counters and gives all ships 50 speed... Because that's kinda what it's going to take to stop the falcon.

So there you go you'll have a new meta Falcon is out.... NOW WHAT ???? The whales with their revan and malak take over the fleet arena locking out people who have been competing for 2 years ? The fleet meta chart will look better as only the whales have the revans and malaks so the chart will look better but all of a sudden only the whales get the top 20 spots and EVERYONE WILL BE RAGING except them and CG will take it all the way to the bank.

The worst part will be what takes over from that meta.... If the falcon can't beat it then it will be on top forever...the only way with that meta will change is chases or marquees with an entirely new set of OP ships Ace squadron with Resistance capital or just a bunch of new god tier ships and a new god tier capital...all of which again the whales will just buy it and your still locked out of fleet arena...

yeah I hate the RNG fest that's going on right now....I do. But taking the falcon out of the meta with what's coming on the poster board is bad.....REAL BAD...

Everyone want's falcon gone but I swear to you once it's out of the meta Ships is going to be terribad a straight up kraken/whale fest....do you really want the once source of crystals a lot of F2P have gone ?

Trust me...bad things are comign for ships....IF THEY DECIDE TO focus on that part of the game....

Trust me

EDIT I'm not F2P I have spent a ton on this game and I still suck...Ships is my fav part of the game...but once we get a bunch of new ships all with Revan meta like qualities and 20 page kits that's it for me because there wont' be anything left in the game that I'm enjoying except guild stuff.... and that's fine Devs gonna do what they do....but destroying ships (which is coming) is probably what will send me to F2P
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    The good thing about this Meta is: At least it is NOT rng dependant if you have it yourself. Even with 5* Falcon and slower H1 you can constantly win mirrors. And it is not a meta where you have to be afraid of timeouts. So it really could be worse.

I have to disagree with the mirrors unless my account was doomswitched (I just disagree with the constantly part...yeah maybe 50-70% win rate but not constantly..

HMF with bistan even the biggs even if all your ships are faster the odd bugginess with ships where the ships dodge 3 times in a row, then you get triple crit, and miss 3 more times in a row and you lose...

No breach, no increase to dodge ships....but 2% 2% 2% on your attack, you get OHKO, then 2%,2%,2% you lose...... I'm sorry the odds of this happening on a DAILY basis has to be almost impossible...yet every day
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    There was less RNG for me to win before the Falcon came out.
    There was better diversity in ships too.

The Falcon is heavily reliant on RNG to win, if you never proc your 50% and they always do, its pretty much gg. Use H1's attack and falcon doesn't join in and theirs does? GG.

Before my setup was, TFP using his special, my capital going, Their capital, my capital, lending me a early 4v3 which led to my winning 100% of the time.

Falcon? Even with it now, since everyone has it, yeah it can be easy to win on offence, but it can also be really easily lost.

I've seen the Falcon get 4 dodges in a row, i've seen their HT get the same.

I wanted Ship content, but I know that if we get that there will be some catch 22, there will be some new even harder to get ship required for said content that will ruin arena all over again.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Falcon should be dodging. It's part of the kit.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    The good thing about this Meta is: At least it is NOT rng dependant if you have it yourself. Even with 5* Falcon and slower H1 you can constantly win mirrors. And it is not a meta where you have to be afraid of timeouts. So it really could be worse.

I have to disagree with the mirrors unless my account was doomswitched (I just disagree with the constantly part...yeah maybe 50-70% win rate but not constantly..

HMF with bistan even the biggs even if all your ships are faster the odd bugginess with ships where the ships dodge 3 times in a row, then you get triple crit, and miss 3 more times in a row and you lose...

No breach, no increase to dodge ships....but 2% 2% 2% on your attack, you get OHKO, then 2%,2%,2% you lose...... I'm sorry the odds of this happening on a DAILY basis has to be almost impossible...yet every day

I have to disagree with your disagreement :). After the first reinforce with Cassian the enemy Falcon is dead. No rng involved. Even if your 3rd ship was destroyed until then (poor Wedge died many horrible deaths until I had a fast enough Bistan). If the first salvo doesn't kill him, you usually have some more shots to finish him off after that. If you don't use Cassian, I agree, you have to rely much more on rng. But thats like running Revan without Joolee...
  • Hortus
    623 posts Member
    Options
    I have to disagree with your disagreement :). After the first reinforce with Cassian the enemy Falcon is dead. No rng involved.

It's not exactly true. You are guarantied to have Cassian's special crit, HMF basic crit (if called for assist) and one random assist hit (possible crit). It's not enough to kill 7* HMF (at least in my shard where all 7* HMF also have G12+ pilots). All above that is just rng, and I lost plenty of battles because random assistsjust don't procs for several attacks in a row and opponent's procs like hell.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    I have to disagree with your disagreement :). After the first reinforce with Cassian the enemy Falcon is dead. No rng involved.

It's not exactly true. You are guarantied to have Cassian's special crit, HMF basic crit (if called for assist) and one random assist hit (possible crit). It's not enough to kill 7* HMF (at least in my shard where all 7* HMF also have G12+ pilots). All above that is just rng, and I lost plenty of battles because random assistsjust don't procs for several attacks in a row and opponent's procs like hell.

Do you have your own 7* HMF with G12+ Han and Chewie? I've had no problem killing them with mine. Every once in a while theirs might have a sliver of health left, but then dies next turn.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Hortus
    623 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Do you have your own 7* HMF with G12+ Han and Chewie? I've had no problem killing them with mine. Every once in a while theirs might have a sliver of health left, but then dies next turn.

I do now, but it's somewhat irrelevant. The context is:

> Even with 5* Falcon and slower H1 you can constantly win mirrors.

I agree that it's possible to beat stronger HMF fleet with much weaker one with more than 50% winrate (I did it several months myself), but claiming "no rng involved" is a little extreme when speaking on underpowered fleet.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Falcon should be dodging. It's part of the kit.
    Except its all the ships not just the falcon
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

I have to disagree with your disagreement :). After the first reinforce with Cassian the enemy Falcon is dead. No rng involved. Even if your 3rd ship was destroyed until then (poor Wedge died many horrible deaths until I had a fast enough Bistan). If the first salvo doesn't kill him, you usually have some more shots to finish him off after that. If you don't use Cassian, I agree, you have to rely much more on rng. But thats like running Revan without Joolee...

Dude maxxed vs maxxed its not an autokill on the falcon

Because of other factors in play.... in a perfect world im sure it would be 100

I still win majority of fights but then math and bad perogramming kicks in and you get smoked 3x in a row
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »

Guess whos back.... back again..... tfv’s back tell a friend guess whos back guess whis back..... guess whos back danananananananana