Character Concepts, R2 and C3PO

This game came up at work, and we're commenting on the lack of light side Droid, so I had some ideas on these two Droid in particular.

C3PO:
Low damage, low hit point tank with taunt.
Ability 1: Jabber Mouth, Deal damage with a 10% chance to taunt.
Ability 2: Remove 1 status effect from all allies and put them on C3PO. C3PO gains taunt for 1 turn. 6 turn cool down.
Passive: if C3PO dies while taunting, he has a 80% chance to resurrect at 50% life.

The concept with C3PO is that he annoys enemies, but isn't really dangerous on his own. He's also destroyed easily, but not killed easily.

R2:
Support with aeo and stun
Attack 1: shocker, attack for medium damage with high chance to stun.
Attack 2: flame thrower, aoe for high damage, and dot, long cool down.
Passive/leader: 50% chance to give Jedi attack up if Jedi health drops below 30%.

Anyhow, just some ideas I wanted to put down...

Replies

• Options
    I like the ideas, but the C3PO one should have his HPs buffed and chance to res at a flat 50% with no stipulations.
  • Options
    Duuuude! Great ideas! I was just joking about 3po earlier on another thread as it were ha they should add chopper too and r2d2 should do bonus dmg to droids as well since he's always messing them up in the movies anyways. I'd love to see this implemented
  • Options
    Chopper, uh... I don't think there's a way to make Rage Quit a functional mechanic in today's meta.
  • Options
    Haha right, just tryna think of more droids
  • irvvri
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Yo this is actually so dope, hope the devs like these ideas too! I don't know how I'd feel about seeing R2 go toe-to-toe with crazy strong characters in the movies like Sid or Vader and be able to hold their own tho..
  • Options
    irvvri wrote: »
    Yo this is actually so dope, hope the devs like these ideas too! I don't know how I'd feel about seeing R2 go toe-to-toe with crazy strong characters in the movies like Sid or Vader and be able to hold their own tho..

The problem with this train of thought is that this is a game, not a movie. Certainly, in the mythos of the movies, Vader would crush any Droid. But, in a game, especially a game like this, there's value in making every piece be able to hold up and be viable. It's what allows the game to be fun, and entertaining for all (or more) players. Sure, I like Droid and Jedi as much as the next fan, but maybe someone likes stormtroopers, or mandalorians, or twileks. So, for the sake of the game, R2 can go toe to toe with Vader, or help support his team as a valuable member.
  • Options
    Thanks for positive comments about the ideas though, I kind of ranted there, without meaning to.
  • Options
    C3po needs an amazing leadership synergy with the ewoks!
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    What I would love to see is a character does no damage and is full support, but they would have extremely high evasion or HP so that they're near impossible to get a hit on, but they'd still be able to buff your team a lot. This could work with C3P0 or R2, but ideally they'd do this with Jar Jar for the ultimate troll!
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    C3po needs an amazing leadership synergy with the ewoks!

Lol. That's a great idea. How's this:
    C3PO leadership: Ewok God, C3PO gains 100% hp, 100% damage, for each Ewok ally. Anytime an Ewok ally is damages, C3PO gains 100% turn meter. Ewok can't attack (you know, because they're bowing).
  • irvvri
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Speakender wrote: »
    The problem with this train of thought is that this is a game, not a movie. Certainly, in the mythos of the movies, Vader would crush any Droid. But, in a game, especially a game like this, there's value in making every piece be able to hold up and be viable. It's what allows the game to be fun, and entertaining for all (or more) players. Sure, I like Droid and Jedi as much as the next fan, but maybe someone likes stormtroopers, or mandalorians, or twileks. So, for the sake of the game, R2 can go toe to toe with Vader, or help support his team as a valuable member.

You're absolutely right; I mean as it stands right now, Stormtroopers and take a bunch of hits from Jedis so you do have a point. I'm super excited to see the total character roster grow though!
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Eh, I don't know about 3PO...

But R2s special should launch a lightsaber into the air... And RotJ Luke flips onto screen and catches the flying saber and.... Well you get the idea!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Eh, I don't know about 3PO...

But R2s special should launch a lightsaber into the air... And RotJ Luke flips onto screen and catches the flying saber and.... Well you get the idea!

That would awesome. So R2/RoTJ Luke are the same character. The character portrait would be half R2/Half Luke. and his stat card would list 5 abilities + leader skill. R2 has low HP, Luke has average HP.

How's this:

R2: Ability 1: Shock Arm- Low damage with 50% chance to stun
    R2: Ability 2: Saber Summons - R2 summons Luke Skywalker. Can only be used if there is an empty ally spot (either you started the battle with an empty slot, or an ally has died). Activates automatically upon R2's death.
    R2: Ability 3 (Luke's basic attack) - Medium damage attack, 75% chance for crit against non-sith dark side enemies.
    R2: Ability 4 (Luke's secondary attack) - Mind Control - Low damage, Luke gains a random non-basic attack ability of the next enemy he hits. This ability has 1 use.
    Luke: Ability 5 (Passive Luke ability) - Blaster Guard - Luke has a 75% counter attack chance against Blaster bolt attacks.
    R2/Luke: Leader skill - When R2 is out, all allies gain +20 defense. When Luke is out, allies get 20% increased crit damage.

Cool downs and such would start high and getter better as skills advance via mats.
  • Options
    I can't think of one instance that Threepio ever fired a weapon. It's just not in his programming to attack.

I don't think of him as a taunter either - he would never willingly encourage his own destruction. Protocol droids pose no threat and would be the lowest priority to an enemy in combat.

I'm not against having him in the game - maybe he could just be pure support with no attacks. Providing buffs to allies and/or debuffs to enemies.

i like the offense ideas for Artoo - but again he could be used for support as well.

I like the synergy ideas: Artoo + Luke; Threepio + Ewoks (maybe also Leia and/or Padme?)

I like the idea of full support characters with high evasion. Both Artoo and Threepio seem to always find their way into battle but rarely get hit.

What if the sixth Hero slot (currently locked) could only be filled with a pure support character?

I would love to see these characters in the game.
  • Options
    Support characters is a great idea. This does fix the issue with some characters not really having a role in offense. C3PO could be a support along this concept. I'd also love to see some battle rules changes. If anyone played FF tactics advance, think along the lines of laws. I'll make an example of this in my C3PO sample below.

C3PO: Support Only
    Passive 1: C3PO understands the enemies language and tactics, giving your team 10% increased defense against special damage, and a 20% reduced chance for stun.
    Passive 2: Through negotiations with the enemy, negative status effects may not be applied.

Some Support Character I don't know: Support Only
    Passive 1: Your attacks generate credits equal to 10% of the damage dealt.
    Passive 2: Counter attacks are banned for this battle.