B1 Battle Droid and Plauge

2Next

Replies

• Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    They should deff change the wording and programming so he either dies and revives, triggering gg's unique zeta ability and removing locked buffs like plague and mark, or at the very least cleanse locked debuffs.
    Cuz as it is now, that team is deff not the meta killer ahnald seems to think it is.
  • Grokusama
    162 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    i was under the impression that B1 died and a new unit came in to take its place...wasnt that the premise of the infinite droid army??

and in that train of thought, B1 should be like NS zombie and the lock debuff should 'expire'/be gone.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Grokusama wrote: »
    i was under the impression that B1 died and a new unit came in to take its place...wasnt that the premise of the infinite droid army??

and in that train of thought, B1 should be like NS zombie and the lock debuff should 'expire'/be gone.

The premise of what they are trying to present and how they achieve this through the kit are 2 different things.

They are probably trying to avoid a B1, zombie and assaj team. As things get more complex, the kits get more complex to avoid unwanted interactions.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

The premise of what they are trying to present and how they achieve this through the kit are 2 different things.

They are probably trying to avoid a B1, zombie and assaj team. As things get more complex, the kits get more complex to avoid unwanted interactions.

You are absolutely right about their intentions, but those last 3 words made me chuckle.
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    I really hope that's not the reason why b1 is destroyed by plague and marked. There's literally no reason, in game, for ventress to have a seppie tag. Remove it, correct b1, and they'll be great. Otherwise, it's just another c team. Lol
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

You are absolutely right about their intentions, but those last 3 words made me chuckle.

Yeah, C3PO totally has helped them avoid unwanted interactions and will continue to help them do this as more Rebel/Resistance get released. :D

It may have more to do with them being even worse against NS, because of B1 did proc Asajj, then Asajj could just keep aoe'ing back to back until they all died.

Troopers as well would be a hard counter to B1. So they really can't have B1 dying as normal, but so then yeah, B1 gets owned by Plague and marked.

Its probably just gonna be like before with Finn beating Revan (still can till the rework) Easy to beat Revan, but falls on defence. Only it will be GG beating Revan on Offence because Revan on defence won't Mark B1 and one shot him right at the start.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    I really hope that's not the reason why b1 is destroyed by plague and marked. There's literally no reason, in game, for ventress to have a seppie tag. Remove it, correct b1, and they'll be great. Otherwise, it's just another c team. Lol

so just make them immune to everything and immortal u win... am i close ?
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »

so just make them immune to everything and immortal u win... am i close ?

There's a lot of room between "immune/immortal" and "doesn't die from stupid mechanic interactions."
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    So I went into a Battle against a Nightsister Squad with my Droid team. When my B1 was inflicted with Plauge he died when it became his turn. Upon coming back he still had all stacks of Plague and continued to gain stacks. Shouldn't Plauge of been dispelled due to B1 losing 1 Hp, being destroyed, and then coming back with full health? I don't know if this was intended or a bug but I'm posting this to hopefully get some feedback.

He doesnt die. He doesnt lose health, hes not destroyed, and he doesnt come back with full health.

Due to his kit as it is currently written, there is no mechanism in place to have him avoid or cleanse plague.

I really hope this gets addressed.

It's meant to be an army. If you plague one, the rest shouldn't be affected.

However, Plagues spread, so maybe the plague spreads on death onto more droids, which in turn cause the rest to become infected, slowly killing out the entire population of B1 battle droids!

If only the NS knew!

Wait until they emerge as zombie droids kicking his own team.
  • Options
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    Just wanted to bring this thread from the dead.

Had a battle with nightsisters. My b1 had something like 40 stacks (or maybe 60..I would call it plenty for a few more rounds), had a few plagues and was stunned. When his turn came, he died in an instant. Poof and he was gone. Not lost 8 stacks. Lost it all. So seems you can loose all your stacks on one turn (I'm not talking about mass assist). His turn came and he vanished hyhy.

You sure this is WAI? Doesn't look like this.

So @Kyno seems like it works like a DoT.

Yeah, that sounds like ****. It's bad enough to lose stacks whenever GG takes a turn, but it seems broken that there's no way for them to clear plague. They should code a special exception for them, especially since canonically the droid army with GG basically made the NS extinct... pretty easily at that.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    How can you plague a droid in the 1st place?
    Plague seems like a disease to me...
    Same question with healing (from a Jedi)...
    Healing a droid? Seriously?
    Setting aside the fact that droid out clauses on healing because biology would be a pain in the butt, screw droids more than they already are, and just be clunky?

Most of what we see Talzin use her plague on in Clone Wars are droids, during the battle of Dathomir. It just manifests as corrosion and short circuiting in them instead of boils and pain.
    Still not a he.
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Plus he doesn’t dispel other non-dispellable debuffs like fracture and Isolate right? I think this makes no sense given the intention of his kit and stacks. Fracturing one (or 4) B1 should have no effect on the rest and same with isolating them. I really wish they made him dispel all debuffs including non-dispel.

I actually have less issue with Plague because MT could easily kill an army of B1 with her force Plague abilities.
  • BenQuadinaros
    69 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb can you clarify the intent with B1 and locking debuffs? Is it WAI?
    Post edited by BenQuadinaros on