Han anyone opened a ticket about Finn zeta?

Prev1
I was hoping we'd get a refund option by now, since we won't I was going to open a ticket but before I waste my time, I was wondering if anyone of you has already tried that and if you did, what came out of it? It would be very helpful to know if I should try it or not.

Replies

• Options
    Nothing has happened to his zeta yet.
  • Options
    I was hoping we'd get a refund option by now, since we won't I was going to open a ticket but before I waste my time, I was wondering if anyone of you has already tried that and if you did, what came out of it? It would be very helpful to know if I should try it or not.
    People have already opened tickets for it. They were told that there would be no refunds.
  • Options
    Nothing has happened to his zeta yet.

It's going to
  • Options
    Doesn't matter. They've already said they're not refunding. If you zetad a while ago, you got lots of use out of it. If you zetad recently, you were warned that there would be changes
  • Options
    @Emguy

Exactly! Buyer beware.

That's also like a car manufacturer saying "We're aware of a string of fatal accidents in one particular kind of our car. We're investigating if it's the actual car that's causing it."

Some customer, reads said warning and decides "Beans to that. I'm buying one anyway."

Then complains later that they do decide to recall it and change something about the car that makes the performance different.

You bought it knowing there was something wrong. From their own mouths.

And on the flip side: you owned said car for 5 years prior, never had the fatal accident flaw happen to you. But decide you want 100% of your purchase price back after 5 years of driving even though the car still works after the fix.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Emguy

Exactly! Buyer beware.

That's also like a car manufacturer saying "We're aware of a string of fatal accidents in one particular kind of our car. We're investigating if it's the actual car that's causing it."

Some customer, reads said warning and decides "Beans to that. I'm buying one anyway."

Then complains later that they do decide to recall it and change something about the car that makes the performance different.

And on the flip side: you owned said car for 5 years prior, never had the fatal accident flaw happen to you. But decide you want 100% of your purchase price back after 5 years of driving even though the car still works after the fix.

Haha, actually your example is 100% off, when car manufacturers recall a car because something was wrong with it, they either fix it and return it or they reimburse they owners.

The equivalent example would be, I buy a car, the car manufacturer decides that they car has issues so they recall it without asking me and they replaced it with a motorcycle.

Regardless of the motorcycle being faster or slower, newer or older it's still a motorcycle and I need a car.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Except it's not...

You got use out of the Zeta potentially since they first gave him a Zeta.

Unless you plan on simultaneously surrendering all benefit you gained from said Zeta the entire duration you had it on Finn, then no. No refund.

If you chose to Zeta him after the gimmick was discovered, to which CG (and I'll give them a ton of credit on this compared to Zombie) VERY QUICKLY said "this is not intended, we're looking into some changes to fix it', of which CHANGING FINN seemed unfortunately most likely, then that's on you. Again: no refund.

You made a wise choice in case #1 back when he worked as originally released. And benefited from it for some time.

You made a poor choice in case #2 when he was, in the developers own words more or less, the source/part of unintended interactions. You exploited an announced glitch even when it was announced the glitch would be fixed.
  • Options
    Emguy wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. They've already said they're not refunding. If you zetad a while ago, you got lots of use out of it. If you zetad recently, you were warned that there would be changes

Do you understand the concept of a zeta? There's a reason why they are so hard to come by. Whenever someone opens a thread to talk about zetas and omegas and how we need more of them, 100% of the time the answer by many people is that they have to be rare because it's all part of the decision making process and character/account management.

The whole idea is that you invest in something that's going to LAST in time. And BTW, you said that if you got that a long time ago, you got alot of value out it and if you got it recently you knew that it could be changed so you should be more careful. I have 2 things to say for this:

1. You could be totally OBLIVIOUS to the 3PO/Finn P3 solo. Many guilds are newer, they don't even come close to getting the heroic HSTR, it's very possible that they don't pay any attention to HSTR squads and they don't know anything about Finn. Their main focus is Haat and they would be encouraged by their guilds to farm Finn and zeta his lead to help their guild with HAAT.
    2. 3PO has only been in the game for 72 days, that's just over 2 months and the problematic squad of p3 has only been known for less than 2 months. If you zetad Finn 2-3-4 months ago, and thus didn't know the Finn squad. So would you say that those people got the same value out of that zeta for 2-3 months as someone who's had it for 2 years?
  • Options
    Except it's not...

You got use out of the Zeta potentially since they first gave him a Zeta.

Unless you plan on simultaneously surrendering all benefit you gained from said Zeta the entire duration you had it on Finn, then no. No refund.

If you chose to Zeta him after the gimmick was discovered, to which CG (and I'll give them a ton of credit on this compared to Zombie) VERY QUICKLY said "this is not intended, we're looking into some changes to fix it', of which CHANGING FINN seemed unfortunately most likely, then that's on you. Again: no refund.

You made a wise choice in case #1 back when he worked as originally released. And benefited from it for some time.

You made a poor choice in case #2 when he was, in the developers own words more or less, the source/part of unintended interactions. You exploited an announced glitch even when it was announced the glitch would be fixed.

What if I got that zeta 2-3 months ago? (3PO has been in the game for 72 days. So some who got the zeta on Finn in the last 3-2 months couldn't have known and didn't get much value out of it. Read my other comment
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I did. And laughed.

If you're building your Guild based on zFinn for HAAT and your Guild can't do HSTR then you have bigger problems. The biggest of which is OLD INFORMATION.

Get one person in the Guild to build ABC and boom. 55% of the HAAT is done by one person. Oh and the same person has CLS? Cool. Tack on another 25% for all of P1. Now you're 80% done. Do they also have the First Order team they used to get BB8? Yeah? Good. A little bit of investment and they've done 50% of P2. Now you're 92.5% done. The rest of the Guild can't do 7.5% of P2? Find a new Guild.

zFinn for P2 is an OK team but there are plenty that are equally effective and require the same if not less investment.

Let's also not forget that the game's landscape is constantly changing. This sense of "refund entitlement" is laughable. Let's give everyone Phasma lead Zeta refunds that did it just before KRU came out. No? Why not?

How about zQGJ?
  • Options
    I did. And laughed.

If you're building your Guild based on zFinn for HAAT and your Guild can't do HSTR then you have bigger problems. The biggest of which is OLD INFORMATION.

Get one person in the Guild to build ABC and boom. 55% of the HAAT is done by one person. Oh and the same person has CLS? Cool. Tack on another 25% for all of P1. Now you're 80% done. Do they also have the First Order team they used to get BB8? Yeah? Good. A little bit of investment and they've done 50% of P2. Now you're 92.5% done. The rest of the Guild can't do 7.5% of P2? Find a new Guild.

zFinn for P2 is an OK team but there are plenty that are equally effective and require the same if not less investment.

Let's also not forget that the game's landscape is constantly changing. This sense of "refund entitlement" is laughable. Let's give everyone Phasma lead Zeta refunds that did it just before KRU came out. No? Why not?

How about zQGJ?

If anyone here is laughable that's you and more specifically your attempt to defend and justify this decision. Not every player or guild has to be engaged in forums in order to play a game. Not every player has to follow a strict path to farming. Maybe guilds didn't rely on Finn to do haat but I'm sure people did rely on him to get extra damage and climb the leaderboards. Either way it's nobody's business to criticize how players chose to play and don't tell me that you believe that people didn't zeta Finn in the recent past, before knowing about the 3PO thing.

I'm sure MANY players zetad Finn BECAUSE of 3PO and before they knew about the loops. If anything it was actually a great idea at the time. Even the game changers we're promoting the Finn 3PO Revan/Traya counter.

Now let me ask you something, when a new character comes out and you go through their kit and you see that they appear to have great synergy with an existing character that could potentially create very powerful teams, are you obligated to assume that this will be nerfed so you shouldn't invest in it? Even when the game changers promote it? Would it be reasonable to think that Chewbacca could make Han too strong and thus it could potentially lead to nerfs so you shouldn't zeta Chewbacca or Han for a few months until you are certain that no nerfs will happen?

Do you remember when people were complaining about the Vets not having a resistance tag, and the argument was that because of Finn's lead it could brake the game so the Vets never got the tag. Same thing with Fulkrum and Phoenix, people asked for Ashoka to get a Phoenix tag but the devs didn't want to do that because of how Hera's lead works and the whole unique sharing, it could be too strong. Well if the devs were cautious about those characters why were they so careless with 3PO? Why didn't they do sufficient testing? If anything it's ONLY their fault.
  • Options
    Look, you can stay here all day and roast people who don't agree with you, you are still not getting your zeta back. Divert track, change strategy, adapt.
    If you gave your zeta to Finn in the last 2-3 months by the way, you are the last person to deserve a refund. They specifically stated (in time!) that they are changing that Finn-C3 interaction. If you still decided to zeta Finn after that, to exploit the said mechanic that was subject to change, that is on you and you only.
  • Options
    Look, you can stay here all day and roast people who don't agree with you, you are still not getting your zeta back. Divert track, change strategy, adapt.
    If you gave your zeta to Finn in the last 2-3 months by the way, you are the last person to deserve a refund. They specifically stated (in time!) that they are changing that Finn-C3 interaction. If you still decided to zeta Finn after that, to exploit the said mechanic that was subject to change, that is on you and you only.

Hahahahahaha, ok first of all I'm not roasting anyone, we're debating and this is how debates work. Secondly, we've only known about the p3 loop since December 16th. 3PO was already in the game prior to that. There's no possible way anyone could have known or predict this so you can't blame players. Furthermore, Zetas HAVE NEVER been changed in he history of the game. No ability that had a zeta has ever been buffed or nerfed. We've had changes to AI, we've had changes to bosses but NEVER before have we had a change to a zeta ability.

Yes there's a first time for everything, but hey since it's first time it makes even more sense to refund. After all it's just 1 abily, it won't brake the game and there's not even a financial incentive behind it since Zetas cannot be purchased with crystals or cash. So from a business perspective it's simply the smartest thing to do to make your customers satisfied and make a disclaimer for the future that zeta abilities are subject to reworks so you can pull shenanigans like this in the future and not have to offer refunds. Which part of this doesn't make sense to you?
  • Options
    First of, there were like 2 days between the C3PO event and the announcement, the strategy was discovered slightly before that, and whoever discovered it (I can't recall) stated to be careful about it as it might be an unintended mechanic, so wait for CG answer. Anyway, that's beside the point now.
    Secondly, you claim to debate, but you are attacking people directly. Calling them laughable hardly stays within the limits of debate. Attack their arguments, not the person. Again, just stating this idea, beside the point.

The point is, it is not me who has a specific problem with every person wanting a refund. I'm just trying to stay realistic here. CG clearly said that they do not intend to refund it. There were like a hundred people bursting out on the forum, probably 1500 replies total (not just the main thread) AGAINST their refusal to give those 20 mats back. There are tens of thousands more people in the game that simply either did not care or just moved on. The ones giving the "feedback" are somewhere below 0.1%, of course they don't care. I honestly don't think even a hundred tickets would solve the problem, unless coming from those top 100 spenders that really keep the game going. Probably not even then.
  • Options
    First of, there were like 2 days between the C3PO event and the announcement, the strategy was discovered slightly before that, and whoever discovered it (I can't recall) stated to be careful about it as it might be an unintended mechanic, so wait for CG answer. Anyway, that's beside the point now.
    Secondly, you claim to debate, but you are attacking people directly. Calling them laughable hardly stays within the limits of debate. Attack their arguments, not the person. Again, just stating this idea, beside the point.

The point is, it is not me who has a specific problem with every person wanting a refund. I'm just trying to stay realistic here. CG clearly said that they do not intend to refund it. There were like a hundred people bursting out on the forum, probably 1500 replies total (not just the main thread) AGAINST their refusal to give those 20 mats back. There are tens of thousands more people in the game that simply either did not care or just moved on. The ones giving the "feedback" are somewhere below 0.1%, of course they don't care. I honestly don't think even a hundred tickets would solve the problem, unless coming from those top 100 spenders that really keep the game going. Probably not even then.

I called him laughable in response to him saying that he laughed at my previous response. Although he didn't explicitly call me that, it was implied by his previous comment so don't try to pin this on me
  • Options
    @RandomSithLord I find your over all stance to be opposition and not neutrality, you say you don't care but your comments show otherwise. You didn't just state your realistic view but you stated your opposition by trying to give arguments against this proposal.

If you had just said " you know guys I just don't see this happening, move on" I would have left you alone and respected that, but when you give arguments for the devs and against my proposition then you clearly open the way for debate and criticism.
  • Options
    No one tried new zFinn yet and you are asking for a refund...isnt that too early?
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    No one tried new zFinn yet and you are asking for a refund...isnt that too early?

It doesn't matter if he's good or not, he's not serving his purpose any more
  • Options

Hahahahahaha, ok first of all I'm not roasting anyone, we're debating and this is how debates work. Secondly, we've only known about the p3 loop since December 16th. 3PO was already in the game prior to that. There's no possible way anyone could have known or predict this so you can't blame players. Furthermore, Zetas HAVE NEVER been changed in he history of the game. No ability that had a zeta has ever been buffed or nerfed. We've had changes to AI, we've had changes to bosses but NEVER before have we had a change to a zeta ability.

Yes there's a first time for everything, but hey since it's first time it makes even more sense to refund. After all it's just 1 abily, it won't brake the game and there's not even a financial incentive behind it since Zetas cannot be purchased with crystals or cash. So from a business perspective it's simply the smartest thing to do to make your customers satisfied and make a disclaimer for the future that zeta abilities are subject to reworks so you can pull shenanigans like this in the future and not have to offer refunds. Which part of this doesn't make sense to you?

Sorry mate, Zeta ability has been changed before. Must have been before your time I guess.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Sorry mate, Zeta ability has been changed before. Must have been before your time I guess.

Please refresh my memory if you want
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

What's the purpose of a zeta other than making a character better? If you zeta'd him with the solo purpose of "exploiting" a raid mechanic, you do not deserve a refund. If you zeta'd him because it's an awesome zeta, why on earth would you want a refund if the new zFinn is still awesome?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    @Emguy

Exactly! Buyer beware.

Or, I went to the car dealership five years ago and bought a sportscar. Loved it, only used it occasionally but when I did drive it, it was perfect for the occasion. Then one day the dealership came knocking on my door and insisted I had to trade my sportscar for a pickup truck. Reasons were a bit vague why this forced trade was being done, but I am pretty sure if a random road had been fixed I could have kept my sportscar.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Please refresh my memory if you want

Barris zeta Swift Recovery was changed so that it did not persist after death AND all zeta materials were refunded.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

What's the purpose of a zeta other than making a character better? If you zeta'd him with the solo purpose of "exploiting" a raid mechanic, you do not deserve a refund. If you zeta'd him because it's an awesome zeta, why on earth would you want a refund if the new zFinn is still awesome?

This.
  • Options
    Honestly, regardless of timing, the zeta is so drastically different that it should be refunded. There's not a lot that needs to be said about it other than that, really. Plus, there's precedent, set by the Zombie changes.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Two very different scenarios. And not to mention people have found different ways to take advantage of NS and specifically Daka's health stacking zeta even after the zombie rework AND Daka refund(Deathstorm).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I will preface this by saying I hope they do refund them, but u am not hopeful that will happen.

In both previous cases, both Daka and Zarriss, people put those zetas there to use the strategy that was in place. The change no longer allowed those strategies to exisit.

Finn is 2 fold, they are changing his ability to get rid of a strategy that should not exist. So for that they should not refund the zeta. But ( and this is a big one), they seem to also being changing the basis of his ongoing startegy that has been excepted, much like Daka and Zarriss, and built upon. There is a chance that he will still be good or better in many situations, but in a different way and with a "different team" (probably need better gear and speed to make up for the changes)

Who knows what they will do but that's my thoughts on why they should refund the zeta. Still not hopeful in that outcome, and I'm also ok without getting it back, i got my penny out of his zeta.

EDIT TO ADD: based on the dev statement that was released with the change, I dont see opening a ticket as a viable solution to get any materials removed. The help desk works under the guidance of the dev team.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Two very different scenarios. And not to mention people have found different ways to take advantage of NS and specifically Daka's health stacking zeta even after the zombie rework AND Daka refund(Deathstorm).

It really isn't a different scenario. In both cases, there are raid and pvp strategies built upon the kit as-is. The kit is changing, and so the strategies will need to change. Just like with Daka, there will be different ways to use Finn. He will still be really good, just not in the same way.
    Kyno wrote: »
    I will preface this by saying I hope they do refund them, but u am not hopeful that will happen.

In both previous cases, both Daka and Zarriss, people put those zetas there to use the strategy that was in place. The change no longer allowed those strategies to exisit.

I would argue that Barriss was different, since it was a bug with her ability (lasting after she died) and not with some other content. If that had happened today, I do not believe we would get a refund (a la Vader), and we only got the refund because it was the first time anything like that had happened.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Honestly, regardless of timing, the zeta is so drastically different that it should be refunded. There's not a lot that needs to be said about it other than that, really. Plus, there's precedent, set by the Zombie changes.

to be honest, i never understood the daka refund. Why daka, but not asajj? Both benefited from paper zombi.
    The only reason i can come up with is that asajj's zeta remained usefull outside of raids where as daka's wasn't that usefull outside of raids to begin with. So assuming everyone only zeta'd daka for the raids, they felt like a refund was warrented.
    Same logic could be applied to finn if he, like asajj, doesn't get a refund.
    Obviously with finn it still becomes an entirely different ability, so neither asajj, daka or barriss are 1on1 comparable.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Finn is 2 fold, they are changing his ability to get rid of a strategy that should not exist. So for that they should not refund the zeta. But ( and this is a big one), they seem to also being changing the basis of his ongoing startegy that has been excepted, much like Daka and Zarriss, and built upon. There is a chance that he will still be good or better in many situations, but in a different way and with a "different team" (probably need better gear and speed to make up for the changes)

Who knows what they will do but that's my thoughts on why they should refund the zeta. Still not hopeful in that outcome, and I'm also ok without getting it back, i got my penny out of his zeta.

EDIT TO ADD: based on the dev statement that was released with the change, I dont see opening a ticket as a viable solution to get any materials removed. The help desk works under the guidance of the dev team.

I think this is a much more reasonable response than most