Sith Maurader speculation

2Next

Replies

• Options
    That actually makes the most sense to me, the KoToR 2nd wave has been farmable for way too long to create a panic cash grab...sith ships with Emp's shuttle would create more panic. That's farming up and gearing characters like marauder and assassin as well as their ships.
    Ah well at least if ive devoted all my resources to the wrong team at least they are a fun crew to run (zCarth, Ordo, Zaalbar, Mission, etc..)

I'm fine either way, got all the Sith ships to 5 star with all the Sith and New OR to 7 star
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    You can say that you were right if I'm mistaken, but I see literally 0 chance to need 5 sith ships for a toon unlock. It is highly probable that they will unlock a sith capital ship. But I would even doubt that they will be needed for an Ebon Hawk event (especially Scimitar, Tie advanced and Shuttle).
    The new character might be Malak instead of Revan, but the ships will be required for his capital ship, not the character (and it might as well be Nihilus's Ravager instead of Leviathan).

Believe me, they will make a better cash grab precisely because they left us more time to farm OR. (Almost) everyone is fed up with Jedi Knight Revan. Everyone wants a change. I personally barely spent anything on this game, but if I were 50-70 shards away from Carth and/or Juhanni I sure as hell would drop a few bucks to get them. From a business point of view, I think it's a lot more profitable (and also easier) to get let's say 50-100 bucks from a considerable percentage of the player base than 250-400 from a below 1% minority.
  • Options
    You can say that you were right if I'm mistaken, but I see literally 0 chance to need 5 sith ships for a toon unlock. It is highly probable that they will unlock a sith capital ship. But I would even doubt that they will be needed for an Ebon Hawk event (especially Scimitar, Tie advanced and Shuttle).
    The new character might be Malak instead of Revan, but the ships will be required for his capital ship, not the character (and it might as well be Nihilus's Ravager instead of Leviathan).

Believe me, they will make a better cash grab precisely because they left us more time to farm OR. (Almost) everyone is fed up with Jedi Knight Revan. Everyone wants a change. I personally barely spent anything on this game, but if I were 50-70 shards away from Carth and/or Juhanni I sure as hell would drop a few bucks to get them. From a business point of view, I think it's a lot more profitable (and also easier) to get let's say 50-100 bucks from a considerable percentage of the player base than 250-400 from a below 1% minority.

And your calculation is spot on. Fleet node is such a pain that even if you started maximum profitable refreshes on day1, youll still miss about 100 shards on carth. Thats a great source of income for CG if they launch Darth Revan.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Options
    Whoever is saying the OR characters "have been out too long", please, enlighten me on how to farm Carth's single ship node that fast.

I have been farming him since he came out on a minimum of 24 sims/day - some days 32 -, I have bought close to 100 of his shards from the store and I am still 69 shards short of 7s.

Maybe you know something I don't?? Please, do share with us the secret, if you don't mind.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    This rumour makes little to no sense cause the only common factor would be needing sith ships with absolutely no relation to the Star Wars timeline. This would also be synonymous of a blatant cash grab knowing that people have all along being preparing their kotor toons part 2.

Don’t get me wrong, CG are in no means obliged to cater to a community that thought ahead, however, choosing to set requirements based on no lore and knowing fully well that their stats show them that those requirements are what the majority have the least is a low blow.

I have faith though that something else will be needed and whatever the new meta may be, it’ll be a welcomed change.

Right, just wanted to get a confirmation how much it makes sense to others.

Lore aside, as far as release method and needs concerned if I was CG I wouldn't take the most obvious expectation either. They never made any promises to follow anything similar to previous release intervals though.
  • Options
    If they require ships to be 7* to unlock Malak, and then require Malak to get Darth Revan I will be done with this game. Not that CG cares, but that will be it for me.

I think they would lose more overall than what they would gain from those who whale out.
    They never said that only OR toons would be needed, so we can't blame them if they introduce Malak as a requirement. However, it is without a doubt that many serious spenders will put that cash flow on hold if they pull a scheme like that.
  • Options
    I know they lost quite a bit of players in my shard when introducing JKR behind a paywall. I’m sure they’ll lose less this time but a few might call it quits.
  • Options
    I know everyone is looking at the 5 "Sith" Ships as the magical unlock to a Sith Capital ship, but it just doesn't seem to fit the general structure of any of the previous events.

1.) Generally, you need opposing factions for Legendary events. Empire for R2-D2, Bounty Hunters Ships for HMF, etc, etc, etc. Journey characters (7* unlocks) use complimentary factions Rebels for CLS, resistance / smugglers for JTR, OR for JKR.

2.) The Palp shuttle also completes the "5th" empire ship set as well. Given the road ahead blog directing focus to OT content I would be more inclined to speculate that the 5 empire ships unlock a new "rebel" ship. It gets a little shaky for me there though. What's another OT rebel capital ship with a greater legacy than Home One? I don't have an answer there. Could we see our first Journey style rebel ship, Red 5 piloted by CLS (7* unlock)?

3.) Marauder may be only associated with March as the login toon as they may finally be closing the Old Republic chapter of SWGOH with the Darth Revan event, he was if you recall, in the first Revan event.

Just some other thoughts to consider
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Oh one of the forum’s trolls just popped up 😂 hey there @Crazygone510 don’t forget to post that in every sith thread. If you haven’t already done so 👊
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    @Crazygone510 I actually do like read your posts. Yeah I’ll assume the fan status 😂👍🏼😊
  • Options
    Bet malak and his capital ship come first. Then darth Revan.
  • LambiZa
    11 posts Member
    Options
    New leak. Spaceball 1 confirmed as new dark side capital ship fully equipped with giant vacuum.
  • Options
    Sith Trooper is in the weekly store, as if we needed any more proof the Sith meta is coming this month. Can't wait to get either Malak or Revan, two of my favorite Sith.
  • Options
    Erebus2017 wrote: »
    I know everyone is looking at the 5 "Sith" Ships as the magical unlock to a Sith Capital ship, but it just doesn't seem to fit the general structure of any of the previous events.

1.) Generally, you need opposing factions for Legendary events. Empire for R2-D2, Bounty Hunters Ships for HMF, etc, etc, etc. Journey characters (7* unlocks) use complimentary factions Rebels for CLS, resistance / smugglers for JTR, OR for JKR.

2.) The Palp shuttle also completes the "5th" empire ship set as well. Given the road ahead blog directing focus to OT content I would be more inclined to speculate that the 5 empire ships unlock a new "rebel" ship. It gets a little shaky for me there though. What's another OT rebel capital ship with a greater legacy than Home One? I don't have an answer there. Could we see our first Journey style rebel ship, Red 5 piloted by CLS (7* unlock)?

3.) Marauder may be only associated with March as the login toon as they may finally be closing the Old Republic chapter of SWGOH with the Darth Revan event, he was if you recall, in the first Revan event.

Since the revan event I don't believe in such a thing as a structure of event. They can create new type of events just to suit the requirements ;)
    Generally you need opposing faction for legendary but there is also yoda who is (if I am not mistaken) also counted as legendary.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »

Since the revan event I don't believe in such a thing as a structure of event. They can create new type of events just to suit the requirements ;)
    Generally you need opposing faction for legendary but there is also yoda who is (if I am not mistaken) also counted as legendary.

Yes, but Yoda is grandfathered in from a time before the structure was clearly set.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Yes, but Yoda is grandfathered in from a time before the structure was clearly set.

Could be something like an "Ancient Legendary" sorta like the Ancient Journey, just slight differences from the standard events. In this case using the same faction to unlock.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Could be something like an "Ancient Legendary" sorta like the Ancient Journey, just slight differences from the standard events. In this case using the same faction to unlock.

Of course, they can change the structure if they want. I was just pointing out why Yoda isn't a valid argument in this case.