No brainer :-(

Prev13
The game is so unchallenging and boring... I am frustrated how many time I invested without any substantive progress or evolution in my party or the gameplay.

It is all about wasting money and/or time.....nothing about skills or strategy/tactic.

Replies

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    How much money have you spent on the game?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    0dc6e-picture016.gif
  • Options
    No cent... I am playing free.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Now go play GW and face level 70, 7* fully geared teams from node 2 on and explain how there is no strategy and thinking.

Sometimes the forums are hilarious. Some people complain that they don't want to think/plan/strategize for an hour to get through a tough GW day - others complain that they don't have to think enough. Both can't be true.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    JarlRagnar wrote: »
    No cent... I am playing free.

Then I find it a bit puzzling that you aren't finding a challenge and don't think strategy is involved. Are you high rank in arena and are able to finish GW daily? What level are you and are you main characters maxed?

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Its all about progression buddy.
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    to be fair the only real strategy in galactic war is managing cool downs on moves, resetting so you get assists from who you want, things like that, not intense battle strategies
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Most games I hated and didn't enjoy I don't think I ever made a point to post about it in the forum for that game; I just found a new game. Maybe you are just frustrated?
  • Options
    I finish gw every day.... My Arena rank is between 40 - 100. I have about 10 maxed out chars 7* 70 and all skills.
    And that is the Problem: in Arena I win 4-5 battles a day but cant progress with my Party, challenges is only Autoplay, events is useless or Yoda ( I am at level 5 and was easy...have to wait another 30 days:-( until level 7); normal fights are sims because everything is done.

THE only decision in the game is every 2-5 days which char is next to Farm.... And what gear. Booooooring!!!!
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    to be fair the only real strategy in galactic war is managing cool downs on moves, resetting so you get assists from who you want, things like that, not intense battle strategies

It's a bit deeper that that. Who to attack, who to use a special abilities on like Lumi's silence or Teebo's meter drain, proper leader. It's no chess, but it's far from mindless unless the GW RNG is giving you easy fights.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If your FTP and only 40-100 then it looks like the game is challenging you. You can easily be top 20 FTP. You can also hit rank 1 at payout. If you haven't done these things you still have work to do.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Now go play GW and face level 70, 7* fully geared teams from node 2 on and explain how there is no strategy and thinking.

Sometimes the forums are hilarious. Some people complain that they don't want to think/plan/strategize for an hour to get through a tough GW day - others complain that they don't have to think enough. Both can't be true.

My Truth is: Gw was great until I found the retreat Button ;-).... Now it's boring....
  • Options
    0dc6e-picture016.gif

????
  • Options

Shuffle, swap and repeat.
  • Options

That's true. It's mainly about resource management. Cool downs and heals more than anything. See the Yoda event did require some strategy (level 6 and up). I want to just keep playing battles like that.
  • Options
    0dc6e-picture016.gif

????

That's where this thread belongs. There has never been so many countless ways to entertain yourself, find something else
  • Options
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    The game is so unchallenging and boring... I am frustrated how many time I invested without any substantive progress or evolution in my party or the gameplay.

It is all about wasting money and/or time.....nothing about skills or strategy/tactic.

Alright, why are you still here? The game is young, it will progress.
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

Then I find it a bit puzzling that you aren't finding a challenge and don't think strategy is involved. Are you high rank in arena and are able to finish GW daily? What level are you and are you main characters maxed?

started playing mid Dec, level 70, rank 1st in arena most of days and finished 65 GW's.
    6 toons maxed out (Sid, Lumi, JC, GS, IG86, Phasma), 3 toons at 6* (Yoda, Poe, QGJ), rest are 1-4* at level 40-50 used as suicide squad.

everyday, 1 hour in arena, 30 mins in GW, 5 mins on refreshing energy and farming. not much contents and not much strategy required, but for a mobile game that's the right amount of time for me to spend daily.
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    If your FTP and only 40-100 then it looks like the game is challenging you. You can easily be top 20 FTP. You can also hit rank 1 at payout. If you haven't done these things you still have work to do.

Yep, if I invest more time for what? To get with ftp to the top 20 twenty you have to be on the right Server and do the right farming decisions. But with what amount of time? And for what? A better feeling about 20 Places better? 20 Places better I have luck and maybe no whales which like to improve in the Same time their squads....

I like Games which donate good playing, good strategies and so on. In this game I decide to improve a char and twenty days later I see if it was a good decision? Awful!!!!

• Options
    Bye
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I disagree. I think there is also a decent amount of strategy on what team makeup for each battle should be based on opponent. Facing all/mostly Jedi? Send in a team with Sid/Dooku. Mostly droids? Include Eeth (and lots of healing lol) Facing a team with 5s, Dooku and/or Kylo? Send in stunners (Daka, Dooku & Eeth). Facing a team with Chewie, Poe,RG or ST Han send in QGJ or Mace to drop the taunt.

There are also times whne you need to sen in a suicide squad - but one that will actually last long enough to get the AI to blow his specials.

Between the above and managing cool downs, assists and synergy, I think there is quite a bit of thought that can go into GW.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

It's a bit deeper that that. Who to attack, who to use a special abilities on like Lumi's silence or Teebo's meter drain, proper leader. It's no chess, but it's far from mindless unless the GW RNG is giving you easy fights.

Nope it's all about your best chars! If you have a good team and you use the quicksilvers advices it's easy. And with the retreat function you can use Trial and error.... Boring!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Yep, if I invest more time for what? To get with ftp to the top 20 twenty you have to be on the right Server and do the right farming decisions. But with what amount of time? And for what? A better feeling about 20 Places better? 20 Places better I have luck and maybe no whales which like to improve in the Same time their squads....

I like Games which donate good playing, good strategies and so on. In this game I decide to improve a char and twenty days later I see if it was a good decision? Awful!!!!

The strategy is out thinking the meta. So what is going to happen as charactors evolve and how can you be ready to respond.

Then you makethe right farming decisions. You don't invest more time. It takes the same amount of time to succeed or fail. I actually like the that your decisions take a long time to work or fail. You screw up it might take a month to recover.

If you don't like farming collecting games this isn't really for you then. It's a slot machine with a mini game and a leader board. So if that doesn't hit your addictions it's not the game for you
  • Options
    0dc6e-picture016.gif

????

That's where this thread belongs. There has never been so many countless ways to entertain yourself, find something else

Yep, i will (and I dont have to search long: I wait for the next total war game: warhammer :-)! But maybe my thread helps some other people to think about the awful game mechanics before they waste a much time as I did!
  • Courier
    120 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »

started playing mid Dec, level 70, rank 1st in arena most of days and finished 65 GW's.
    6 toons maxed out (Sid, Lumi, JC, GS, IG86, Phasma), 3 toons at 6* (Yoda, Poe, QGJ), rest are 1-4* at level 40-50 used as suicide squad.

Wait, what?

On topic: bashing the game with nothing constructive is meaningless. Others stated another goals ingame for you but you deflecting those with no solid reason other than its pointless effort for you. OP this game is not for you, apparently. Best of luck in your future endeavor.
  • Options

I disagree. I think there is also a decent amount of strategy on what team makeup for each battle should be based on opponent. Facing all/mostly Jedi? Send in a team with Sid/Dooku. Mostly droids? Include Eeth (and lots of healing lol) Facing a team with 5s, Dooku and/or Kylo? Send in stunners (Daka, Dooku & Eeth). Facing a team with Chewie, Poe,RG or ST Han send in QGJ or Mace to drop the taunt.

There are also times whne you need to sen in a suicide squad - but one that will actually last long enough to get the AI to blow his specials.

Between the above and managing cool downs, assists and synergy, I think there is quite a bit of thought that can go into GW.

Yep but if your team is good enough: You dont need to think! It is unbalanced! It was my first ftp game and I invested many time in it. But it was no good expirience. I prefer fullprice Strategy Games with fast progress, challenging learning curves and fair multiplayer.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

Exactly the only plan is to complete it! Takes about 35 minutes to do this! Plan ahead??? You can only see the battle you're on at the time! LOL this guy! @Quicksilver
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Yep but if your team is good enough: You dont need to think! It is unbalanced! It was my first ftp game and I invested many time in it. But it was no good expirience. I prefer fullprice Strategy Games with fast progress, challenging learning curves and fair multiplayer.

If you only have six maxed out toons, your team is not good enough. Not unless you, unlike every other player posting on these forums, is getting cake walk GW's every day.

As I said, if you're facing maxed out 7* level 70 teams on every node after #2, then there is no way a roster of only 6 maxed out is good enough. My roster has 12 heroes at 6* or 7* - and there are days where GW has taken over 90 minutes - and by the time it's over I've lost at least half of those 12. Certain days it's simple, sure - but other days it's murder. Those are fun.

But if the game isn't for you, then it's not for you.

• Options

The strategy is out thinking the meta. So what is going to happen as charactors evolve and how can you be ready to respond.

Then you makethe right farming decisions. You don't invest more time. It takes the same amount of time to succeed or fail. I actually like the that your decisions take a long time to work or fail. You screw up it might take a month to recover.

If you don't like farming collecting games this isn't really for you then. It's a slot machine with a mini game and a leader board. So if that doesn't hit your addictions it's not the game for you

Yep, i agree mostly with you! But how can I make the right farming decisions? I dont have enough Information about the evolution of the chars (skills advancement).

And disbalance between ftp and p2w is annoying. 3/4 the teams I encounter have chars which are not farmed ( I can coun the days they would have needed to Farm this chars).

And maybe it's cool to have a long time to work your decisions, but when meanwhile nothing happens it feels boring!

There is no game in the game! Every five days a decision is a little bit less, Or?