Is it worth putting resources into HK-47?

Prev13
Qeltar
4326 posts Member
I know some droid teams use him.. but most these days seem to use Poggle instead. I've never run a droid team but I have enough shards for IG-86 and IG-88 to both get to 6* (they aren't leveled up yet, resources were going for the Yoda event). I would need one more droid for this new event next week and HK-47 seems the obvious choice.
I have a huge pile of tokens sitting unused anyway, but is it worth putting 18,000 into HK-47 to 6* him?
Thanks. :)
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Options
    I have him at 7*, fully geared and levelled. Don't really use him. Guess that says a lot.

Maybe Jawa Engineer will change this?
  • Options
    New droid event?
  • Nemesis6870
    92 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Its all about you. ...I love my droid team....I can easily get it to #1 in arena but they cannot hold it.....I could walk away at first place and in an hour return to find myself in the 50's to 100's lol....but I treasure my droids
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have him at 7*, fully geared and levelled. Don't really use him. Guess that says a lot.
    Sadly it does.
    Not knowing what this event provides.. I am not sure it is worth working on droids. I guess I'll have a few days to try for it if it looks good.
    On the other hand, 40,000 tokens, just sitting there, since they never add anything to shipments.
    Wish we weren't always kept in the dark.
  • Options
    That's great, just great. I've just read the Reddit thread and I have to say if this goes ahead, I will not be impressed in the slightest. I have a 7* ig 86 and a 7* ig 88 and am currently farming HK47 and I play on iOS. Thanks EA! You're the best company ever. (Definitely not sarcasm)
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Agreed.
  • Options
    I have HK ready to 7* he is gear 8 all abilities 4 so not fully leveled. I borrow a Maxed one from a couple Allies as I have Poggle and 86 as high as possible. I have 88 just as HK ready to 7* gear 7 close to 8 abilities are all 4.

Thing with the droid builds is that the leader abilities are a bit different. I've tried all variations as I have borrowed max 88 too to test ideas. Poggle, 88,HK are your leader choices

IG-88 at Lvl 7 leader gives 20% Crit Chance- Not bad, but wait til you see HK. 88 is the worst leader choice of the 3 IMO. He adds POSSIBLE POWER

Poggle-Droids and Geonosians get 25% offense boost- I LOVE my Poggle lead on my build he makes GS and 86 just lethal, then boosts them with offense up. He is great. He adds GUARANTEED POWER

HK-47 Gives a 30% crit chance and gain 30% TM on Crit. So he gives POSSIBLE POWER and GUARANTEED TM when you crit.

Thing is HK hits decent with Poggles buff. He has pretty high HP, he Revives at 75% chance with 27.5% health. His basic self buffs with offense up at a 55% chance and lasts 3 turns. His AOE is not super powerful, however buffed it does decent damage and has a 25% chance to land ability block,offense down, defense down, speed down, and vs Jedi it is 50%. Great in this Yoda QGJ heavy meta.

HK is slower, mediocore damage, but his overall kit makes him worth it. While I LOVE the sheer power of a Poggle lead I will be using HK on a Droid build to play with.

86 is by far the best droid IMO. I like HK over 88 personally. His overall kit is better, DPS less. To me 88 is no threat given speed and low HP, however a HK lead makes 88 quite a different story.

Long answer but I know you like info my friend. HK is very much worth the effort and resources. I have twice stopped, since buying the droid pack so long ago, putting them in, and I regret it. I use him in GW on a droid build and I destroy teams far more powerful that are leveled far better.

Sadly Arena wise they are horrible on defense given their weak speed, even if you use Poggle and GS you still have heavy hitters like QGJ, Leia, Rey, GS that go before them. Poggle buffing speeds them up, then the crits do. If they live the quick attack they will wreck a team. I took a couple losses to see. I spread attacked them not finishing(tried not to) anyone but damaging 86 and 88 badly. Poggle buffed Poe taunted and they went to town.

I will not be using Poe in my build though.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses.
    @DarthMasterShawn - What a great writeup! Thanks!
    Sounds like I might as well do it. I got 40,000 tokens doing nothing anyway. It would give me an opportunity to experiment with a droid team, which I've never done... though I would need 10 million credits to get all of IG-86, IG-88 and HK-47 up to snuff. But I guess if I have the shards I can decide on that later.
    If nothing else, one more burner team for GW.. and a good one at that for a nasty round.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Though I just realized I might burn 20,000 SA tokens and then find out the rewards are 1 purple ability mat. LOL.
  • Options
    My A team is HK 88 86 all 7* and hk msx slots, 6* Pog Poe max gear

I love my droid team and Talia for Poe for DS battles. I never drop more than 20 spots in 1 night if I due my daily 5 and stay in top ten. If I take a day off though I am in the 40s.

HK is good for the agility Challenge. He has a 55~60% chance of offense downing Opress I think, and with rez ability helps those battles that aren't going your way.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    There are several HK47 leaders in the top 25 of my server
  • Options
    Hk isn't worth it. I hoped he was. I leveled him, 7*ed him, totally maxed out he will hit for 2500 CRIT. Slow as molasses. He can absorb a lot of damage, but dishes out almost nothing considering he might go twice in arena before the match is over. He does have a nice buff, but his special is bad too. Meatbag Mayhem has a 25% chance of applying 4 negative effects, but most are resisted if they land, and they only land for the remainder of the turn. That means a speed team will srugg any effects off before you get to attack them. I'm dissapointed I wasted resources on him. Ig 100 would be better post buff.
  • Options
    If you have that many tokens lying around, get him. I doubt they'll add more than a character or two to shipments at once anyway, so you should still have plenty of tokens.
  • Options
    I would seriously take savage assaj or greedo first.
  • Options
    Sadly it does.
    Not knowing what this event provides.. I am not sure it is worth working on droids. I guess I'll have a few days to try for it if it looks good.
    On the other hand, 40,000 tokens, just sitting there, since they never add anything to shipments.

I'm in the same spot but with way less than 40,000 tokens. I have no clue who to invest in. So far I only have Sid and Eeth. I want to go for 88 but experience tells me he's useless right now unless incorporated in a full droid team.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses.
    @DarthMasterShawn - What a great writeup! Thanks!
    Sounds like I might as well do it. I got 40,000 tokens doing nothing anyway. It would give me an opportunity to experiment with a droid team, which I've never done... though I would need 10 million credits to get all of IG-86, IG-88 and HK-47 up to snuff. But I guess if I have the shards I can decide on that later.
    If nothing else, one more burner team for GW.. and a good one at that for a nasty round.

It is a burner team that can burn a couple teams down for you, strong ones too.

And my pleasure all the good write ups you did that were to my benefit and input I was glad to be able to do one for you @Qeltar
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of HK47 leadership skill. I think 30% crit and 30% TM con crits is the strongest leader ability in the game.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have plans for a droid team in the future, but I am farming Lobot for leader he is 4* now. When he gets to 5-6* I might try my droid team. Maybe go Lobot Poggle GS 86 88 or poe. Might also drop GS and get Poe. Trying to see if Lobot droid speed boost might help save 88.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Hk isn't worth it. I hoped he was. I leveled him, 7*ed him, totally maxed out he will hit for 2500 CRIT. Slow as molasses. He can absorb a lot of damage, but dishes out almost nothing considering he might go twice in arena before the match is over. He does have a nice buff, but his special is bad too. Meatbag Mayhem has a 25% chance of applying 4 negative effects, but most are resisted if they land, and they only land for the remainder of the turn. That means a speed team will srugg any effects off before you get to attack them. I'm dissapointed I wasted resources on him. Ig 100 would be better post buff.

Dont know what HK are you playing. I hace seen him crit for 5000 self-buffed, mestbag mayhem applies a lot of debuff (specislly to Jedi) and it last enough to be worth it: ability block of offense down for one turn is great
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    **** question....what event?

Nvm, just checked Reddit. Android only.... This confirms the fact I am about done with this game.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I'm in the same spot but with way less than 40,000 tokens. I have no clue who to invest in. So far I only have Sid and Eeth. I want to go for 88 but experience tells me he's useless right now unless incorporated in a full droid team.

IG-88 is the second-best taunter in the game, behind Darth Maul. ;)
  • Options

IG-88 is the second-best taunter in the game, behind Darth Maul. ;)

LOLO I agree. Rey is a heck of a taunter too.
  • Options
    DrewN76 wrote: »
    I have plans for a droid team in the future, but I am farming Lobot for leader he is 4* now. When he gets to 5-6* I might try my droid team. Maybe go Lobot Poggle GS 86 88 or poe. Might also drop GS and get Poe. Trying to see if Lobot droid speed boost might help save 88.

@DrewN76

Hey not to be a **** here but the point of a droid team is DPS. You use Lobot he speeds them but his damage is very weak. You then pull GS for Poe you lose far more DPS. Poggle buffs and is great, but his DPS is al;so not that much. 2.8-3.8 k Buffed, HK does a bit more plus speeds up your droids as leader. He is superior to Lobot as lead as all Lobot is, is speed boost. Lobot is also low HP. You then have a low HP team with lower DPS. I've tested Lobot leader and I find HK or Poggle to be vastly superior. HK lead plus Poggle boost gives the droids much better speed. Droids are about damage. Your build has only 2 that cause damage, and 88 will die before Poe taunts, depending on the build 88 and 86 will die. They die poes taunt is for nothing as slow Lobot and Poggle and Poe will not put out enough DPS to win.
  • Options
    HK is the best droid leader. His turn meter gains help the droids become a little faster. As others have said it is hard for droids to hold rank in arena, droid teams are just too slow for this meta right now. I am looking into replacing IG-88 with GS and see if I find any improvements.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@DrewN76

Hey not to be a **** here but the point of a droid team is DPS. You use Lobot he speeds them but his damage is very weak. You then pull GS for Poe you lose far more DPS. Poggle buffs and is great, but his DPS is al;so not that much. 2.8-3.8 k Buffed, HK does a bit more plus speeds up your droids as leader. He is superior to Lobot as lead as all Lobot is, is speed boost. Lobot is also low HP. You then have a low HP team with lower DPS. I've tested Lobot leader and I find HK or Poggle to be vastly superior. HK lead plus Poggle boost gives the droids much better speed. Droids are about damage. Your build has only 2 that cause damage, and 88 will die before Poe taunts, depending on the build 88 and 86 will die. They die poes taunt is for nothing as slow Lobot and Poggle and Poe will not put out enough DPS to win.

No offense taken, Lobot for speed to get the dps out of 85 and 88 I also said maybe use Poe not use Poe. It's all good I don't think your a **** I respect all opinions and I even change my own when I hear something that makes sense. However without a Daka I was trying to come up with a route to get something out of 88.

Lobot Poggle GS 86 88 is a ton of dps if it can stay alive. You could drop Poggle for Poe and keep dps also. I was throwing ideas out there. I am not convinced in HK 47 led droid team and have been thinking outside the box. There really isn't enough droids. HK 47 88 and 86, but keeping 88 alive is a problem I have been trying to fix. Also Lobot heals, all those red dots become heath
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

Dont know what HK are you playing. I hace seen him crit for 5000 self-buffed, mestbag mayhem applies a lot of debuff (specislly to Jedi) and it last enough to be worth it: ability block of offense down for one turn is great

I wasn't referring to a offense up buff. He hits for 1400 standard, 2500 crit roughly. If he buffs it's higher. That is if it happens. I would rather put poggle in and have a 100% chance to offense up the entire team plus speed buff for ALL droids
  • Options

@DrewN76

No offense taken, Lobot for speed to get the dps out of 85 and 88 I also said maybe use Poe not use Poe. It's all good I don't think your a **** I respect all opinions and I even change my own when I hear something that makes sense. However without a Daka I was trying to come up with a route to get something out of 88.

Lobot Poggle GS 86 88 is a ton of dps if it can stay alive. You could drop Poggle for Poe and keep dps also. I was throwing ideas out there. I am not convinced in HK 47 led droid team and have been thinking outside the box. There really isn't enough droids. HK 47 88 and 86, but keeping 88 alive is a problem I have been trying to fix. Also Lobot heals, all those red dots become heath

In my opinion Lobot's speed buff isn't as useful as HK or Poggle in arena. For example, IG-88 is the fastest out of him, HK, and 86. His max speed without a buff right now is 118, so with the +23 speed that Lobot leadership would provide he is only sitting at 141. At 141 he would still get beat by Rey, Dooku, GS, and QGJ with speed buff. Therefore he would still get one shot and now the rest of your team doesn't create turn meter off of crits or get the extra damage from Poggle.

There was an interesting thread posted a couple of weeks ago where a droid team built around HK leadership and assist callers could set off a chain reaction to get the droids moving faster. It would go something like GS calling a droid who would crit and then go immediately again. That team is the one that I see being most viable on defense seeing as your defense can only be improved using an RNG heavy team.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I'm surprised to hear that droid teams are not good on defense. I have a pretty good offensive team and I generally avoid fighting droid teams because all the one-shotting can really mess you up.
  • Options
    Gs and ig86 can one shot rather quickly. Once you focus them down you should be ok. It's not like you have to worry about speed or healing.
  • Options
    While I agree, 88 becomes the target if you have Poe he can still save the rest with a Lobot you can also heal or at least remove the red dots. It may not work well, but at least I can say I tried haha. I understand HK 47 lead is the standard, and I know why. I will still be trying out Lobot GS 86 88 Poe or Poggle idea. With 88 it's a free taunt basically, with a Poe you basically own he second turn and hopefully expose a few. Making it a lot easier.