Is it worth putting resources into HK-47?

13Next

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I'm surprised to hear that droid teams are not good on defense. I have a pretty good offensive team and I generally avoid fighting droid teams because all the one-shotting can really mess you up.

The version with three supports (HK, Poggle and Poe) is vulnerable because if you kill 88 and 86 quick, they lack damage. So in defense, when the player focus fire con them, it is easy to kill for speed teams. If you add GS for any of the 3 non-threats, it becomes muchos harder as you cant kill all the threats before they start the blender and put your toons inside
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    It seems Reddit seems to be the place for info, anyone got a link I can use to find out info so I can actually find out future content please
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MLGebra wrote: »
    Hk isn't worth it. I hoped he was. I leveled him, 7*ed him, totally maxed out he will hit for 2500 CRIT. Slow as molasses. He can absorb a lot of damage, but dishes out almost nothing considering he might go twice in arena before the match is over. He does have a nice buff, but his special is bad too. Meatbag Mayhem has a 25% chance of applying 4 negative effects, but most are resisted if they land, and they only land for the remainder of the turn. That means a speed team will srugg any effects off before you get to attack them. I'm dissapointed I wasted resources on him. Ig 100 would be better post buff.

This is an overly negative review of HK. I wouldn't recommend listening to it, Qeltar.
    Source: I've run an HK lead since my first week of playing when the droid pack popped up (I couldn't resist).

HK hits for over 5000 a crit with offense up, which would also earn him some turn meter. His damage is nothing to scoff at, especially considering his excellent health pool.

Meatbag Mayhem has a measly 25% chance, sure, but with 4 effects and 5 people to potentially hit with them, these odds are not bad. This ability is fantastic against the ever-popular QGJ lead jedi teams. Increasing each effect chance to 50% essentially means that every single enemy should get slapped with at least one debuff. Now consider the fact that IG-88 gains 20% increased damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect. Having used Meatbag Mayhem on a Jedi team, odds are that IG-88's damage literally doubled.

Now take into consideration the high natural crit chance of droids, bolstered further by HK's leadership, with turn meter for every crit. With an AoE ability like 88's Rapid Fire or HK's Meatbad Mayhem, +30% turn meter per crit can grant another turn for these droids instantly. Once the level cap is increased, HK's leadership will be increased to grant a whopping 50% turn meter per crit. This makes instant-turn refreshes guaranteed for all but the most unlucky men alive.

The revive is useful as well, and happens much more often than not, and with his health pool 27.5% is somewhere around 3500 health. Not bad.

The only legitimate complaint about HK is his speed - and it's true, his speed is... well, I won't sugarcoat it. It's atrocious. But you don't farm HK for his quick-hits and high damage. You farm HK for the best darn droid leader that ever lived.

I've seen my fair share of Poggle teams, but in my opinion, nobody beats out HK for a tried and true droid team. Just wait for the next big patch - droid teams will become stronger than ever before. Consider this my speculation on the character stock market - invest in droids now, profit later.
    I believe your review is overly optimistic. First hk goes almost dead last. If he doesn't get a buff or critical he can hit for <1500. That's absolutely worthless.
    The two problems with this, is that:
    1) it is not true. I hit for 2000 non crit non buff
    2) with 55% chance to self buff for three turns, and ~55% chance to crit, there is a more than decent chance of this not happening, even before we count Poggle.
  • Options
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Options
    Rumba wrote: »
    Definately HK-47 is worth as leader in a droid team.

This means 2xTurns for him an 88 when their AOE is casted.
    Also +30 TM for each crit its terryfing.

I run a droid team, 47,88,86, poggle and now RG.

With RG and all your toons surviving round 1, the victory is assured. Since I use RG I end always top 1-10, totally recommend you.

Can you guys share the reddit link about the new droid event???

Edit (I found it): https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4a0aid/datamined_droids_event/

Android only? I can't think of a single good reason to do this. Unless the aim is to aggravate iOS users?
  • Options
    Rumba wrote: »
    Definately HK-47 is worth as leader in a droid team.

This means 2xTurns for him an 88 when their AOE is casted.
    Also +30 TM for each crit its terryfing.

I run a droid team, 47,88,86, poggle and now RG.

With RG and all your toons surviving round 1, the victory is assured. Since I use RG I end always top 1-10, totally recommend you.

Can you guys share the reddit link about the new droid event???

Edit (I found it): https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4a0aid/datamined_droids_event/

Android only? I can't think of a single good reason to do this. Unless the aim is to aggravate iOS users?

I have a feeling it won't be that special. I don't think iOS users will be missing much.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    Only if 88 doesn't get one shooted. If he has life left and RG taunts, he will get a second shoot out. Unless they have an aoe that knocks him out.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    Say they have QGJ lead, and Dooku and Sid.... QGJ gonna double smack 88 with someone, and Sid can still aoe.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    I have HK ready to 7* he is gear 8 all abilities 4 so not fully leveled. I borrow a Maxed one from a couple Allies as I have Poggle and 86 as high as possible. I have 88 just as HK ready to 7* gear 7 close to 8 abilities are all 4.

Thing with the droid builds is that the leader abilities are a bit different. I've tried all variations as I have borrowed max 88 too to test ideas. Poggle, 88,HK are your leader choices

IG-88 at Lvl 7 leader gives 20% Crit Chance- Not bad, but wait til you see HK. 88 is the worst leader choice of the 3 IMO. He adds POSSIBLE POWER

Poggle-Droids and Geonosians get 25% offense boost- I LOVE my Poggle lead on my build he makes GS and 86 just lethal, then boosts them with offense up. He is great. He adds GUARANTEED POWER

HK-47 Gives a 30% crit chance and gain 30% TM on Crit. So he gives POSSIBLE POWER and GUARANTEED TM when you crit.

Thing is HK hits decent with Poggles buff. He has pretty high HP, he Revives at 75% chance with 27.5% health. His basic self buffs with offense up at a 55% chance and lasts 3 turns. His AOE is not super powerful, however buffed it does decent damage and has a 25% chance to land ability block,offense down, defense down, speed down, and vs Jedi it is 50%. Great in this Yoda QGJ heavy meta.

HK is slower, mediocore damage, but his overall kit makes him worth it. While I LOVE the sheer power of a Poggle lead I will be using HK on a Droid build to play with.

86 is by far the best droid IMO. I like HK over 88 personally. His overall kit is better, DPS less. To me 88 is no threat given speed and low HP, however a HK lead makes 88 quite a different story.

Long answer but I know you like info my friend. HK is very much worth the effort and resources. I have twice stopped, since buying the droid pack so long ago, putting them in, and I regret it. I use him in GW on a droid build and I destroy teams far more powerful that are leveled far better.

Sadly Arena wise they are horrible on defense given their weak speed, even if you use Poggle and GS you still have heavy hitters like QGJ, Leia, Rey, GS that go before them. Poggle buffing speeds them up, then the crits do. If they live the quick attack they will wreck a team. I took a couple losses to see. I spread attacked them not finishing(tried not to) anyone but damaging 86 and 88 badly. Poggle buffed Poe taunted and they went to town.

I will not be using Poe in my build though.

Lobot baby! I like my Lobot.
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    I have HK ready to 7* he is gear 8 all abilities 4 so not fully leveled. I borrow a Maxed one from a couple Allies as I have Poggle and 86 as high as possible. I have 88 just as HK ready to 7* gear 7 close to 8 abilities are all 4.

Thing with the droid builds is that the leader abilities are a bit different. I've tried all variations as I have borrowed max 88 too to test ideas. Poggle, 88,HK are your leader choices

IG-88 at Lvl 7 leader gives 20% Crit Chance- Not bad, but wait til you see HK. 88 is the worst leader choice of the 3 IMO. He adds POSSIBLE POWER

Poggle-Droids and Geonosians get 25% offense boost- I LOVE my Poggle lead on my build he makes GS and 86 just lethal, then boosts them with offense up. He is great. He adds GUARANTEED POWER

HK-47 Gives a 30% crit chance and gain 30% TM on Crit. So he gives POSSIBLE POWER and GUARANTEED TM when you crit.

Thing is HK hits decent with Poggles buff. He has pretty high HP, he Revives at 75% chance with 27.5% health. His basic self buffs with offense up at a 55% chance and lasts 3 turns. His AOE is not super powerful, however buffed it does decent damage and has a 25% chance to land ability block,offense down, defense down, speed down, and vs Jedi it is 50%. Great in this Yoda QGJ heavy meta.

HK is slower, mediocore damage, but his overall kit makes him worth it. While I LOVE the sheer power of a Poggle lead I will be using HK on a Droid build to play with.

86 is by far the best droid IMO. I like HK over 88 personally. His overall kit is better, DPS less. To me 88 is no threat given speed and low HP, however a HK lead makes 88 quite a different story.

Long answer but I know you like info my friend. HK is very much worth the effort and resources. I have twice stopped, since buying the droid pack so long ago, putting them in, and I regret it. I use him in GW on a droid build and I destroy teams far more powerful that are leveled far better.

Sadly Arena wise they are horrible on defense given their weak speed, even if you use Poggle and GS you still have heavy hitters like QGJ, Leia, Rey, GS that go before them. Poggle buffing speeds them up, then the crits do. If they live the quick attack they will wreck a team. I took a couple losses to see. I spread attacked them not finishing(tried not to) anyone but damaging 86 and 88 badly. Poggle buffed Poe taunted and they went to town.

I know you do my friend. I liked the speed your Lobot gave my droids when I tested with him.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    EM650 wrote: »

I know you do my friend. I liked the speed your Lobot gave my droids when I tested with him.

I particularly like the dispel/heal that Lobot does for the team.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    DrewN76 wrote: »
    Say they have QGJ lead, and Dooku and Sid.... QGJ gonna double smack 88 with someone, and Sid can still aoe.

So, in your opinion is QGJ/Dooku/Sid a good trio for droid/Geo counter? If so, who should the other two be?

Before I started using HK, I used Poggle lead and used QGJ in a non-leader spot. I had good results going after 88 first like you said.

I use phasma Kylo foo Dooku and maybe Daka or QGJ if the droids had a Poggle. Almost everyone has a Sid. It seems to work for me. The other team I use is Sid GS Poggle 86 and Daka or Poe. It seems to be able to handle the droids well.
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    DrewN76 wrote: »

So, in your opinion is QGJ/Dooku/Sid a good trio for droid/Geo counter? If so, who should the other two be?

Before I started using HK, I used Poggle lead and used QGJ in a non-leader spot. I had good results going after 88 first like you said.

Drop Sid and use GS or Rey. Both of them do better damage than Sid while still being faster than Poe.