DST is messing with my payout

Prev1
Buffems
178 posts Member
edited March 2019
@CG_SBCrumb hello, how are you?
My payout was at 9am EST. I now have to change it to keep it at 9am due to day light savings time.
This really messes things up for me in my arena shard. I was the only one that had that payout time in my shard chat. I was able to take #1 everyday.
Now I will have to share a payout with someone in the shard chat unless they also change their payout. This is a problem.
Why doesn't the game follow DST. A lot of issues could be avoid if it did.

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
  • Options
    This is definitely an issue, dst throws off many people every time
  • Buffems
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Because a lot of countries don't observe DST.

I understand that, but it doesn't mean it doesn't cause issues.
    And another problem is I have to change it back in the fall, but won't be able to since I used my first point months after DST last year.
    So this is a huge issue for me. I changed my original payout for a very specific reason, not just because I could. DST really messing all this up.
  • Options
    Because a lot of countries don't observe DST.

Plus, the clock change doesn't happen on the same date in all countries. Germany won't make the switch for another 3 weeks.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Buffems wrote: »
    My payout was at 9am EST. I now have to change it to keep it at 9am due to day light savings time.
    This really messes things up for me in my arena shard. I was the only one that had that payout time in my shard chat. I was able to take #1 everyday.
    Now I will have to share a payout with someone in the shard chat unless they also change their payout. This is a problem.

You still share payout with the exact same players. Only your local time changed. The servers didn't change anything.
  • Options

you should realize the devs won't care about your "unfortunate" situation of your shard chat payouts
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

you should realize the devs won't care about your "unfortunate" situation of your shard chat payouts

Well, you might be right, but they should care and it's not like I'm the only one this is effecting.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    it's impossible for the devs to "fix" this.
    Can't have it all, shard collusion and favourable PO local time throughout the year. Imo it's not even an issue at all since you can change your PO twice a year.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    This is why they gave us the ability to change payouts. Devs did good there.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Well, you might be right, but they should care and it's not like I'm the only one this is effecting.

Stop, take a breath and read.... As Waqui said, the game time remains the same, only your local time has changed.... All of the people in your shard still have their payouts in the exact same spots.....
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, let's whine to the Devs about a US government system that Benjamin Franklin first proposed in 1784 just because it means you get slightly less goodies. That seems reasonable.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    Yes, let's whine to the Devs about a US government system that Benjamin Franklin first proposed in 1784 just because it means you get slightly less goodies. That seems reasonable.

Except it's the same amount of goodies.... Nothing changed....
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

He was moaning he was going to have to share. *shrugs* Because that's so unreasonable.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

He was moaning he was going to have to share. *shrugs* Because that's so unreasonable.

True..... But he is also wrong about having to share....
  • Smarty
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Lol people who have shard mates and still complain are the lowest form of scum. Even lower than those rebel scum
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    How would you expect the game to follow DST when some don't follow it? This is simply a case where someone believes the world revolves around them.

If they attempted to adjust for DST that would cause more issues than doing nothing.

After a few days, the dust will settle and everyone will be fine.

There is no dust to settle..... Absolutely nothing changed
  • Buffems
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Well, this got out of hand.
    Now I remember why I don't post on the forum.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Stop, take a breath and read.... As Waqui said, the game time remains the same, only your local time has changed.... All of the people in your shard still have their payouts in the exact same spots.....

This.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    How would you expect the game to follow DST when some don't follow it? This is simply a case where someone believes the world revolves around them.

If they attempted to adjust for DST that would cause more issues than doing nothing.

After a few days, the dust will settle and everyone will be fine.

There is no dust to settle..... Absolutely nothing changed

First off, you have a historic problem on the forums with not being very smart. Maybe cut down on your posts so it's not so obvious?

No kittens the payouts didn't change. Did you not see the first part of my post or just cherry pick the last sentence and try to act smart?

Just because DST doesn't change from a game perspective, it doesn't mean guilds open raids on a 24 hour clock (I imagine many will shift), in addition a high frequency of players will evaluate changing their payout to keep the same local time, and others will adjust based on others.

I don't think you are in a position to be pointing fingers at anybody else's post history, but rather than stoop to your level, I will leave it at that.....

Anyone who has been playing this game for more than 5 months has already been through at least one time change, and should have seen this coming..... OP has two solutions, either change his time and share a payout or play a little earlier......

Actually, another solution would be to change his time to something completely different so as.not to share a payout and at a time where the next change won't affect him.....
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Wah wah wah. I have to share my payout.

Wah wah wah I used to be all by myself.

Wah wah wah, hey sbcrumb can you call the U.S. government to change back the hour.

Stop tagging sbcrumb selfish questions. Jimminey Christmas
  • Buffems
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Let's is if I can explain better because there seems to be a lot of miss understanding.
    My pay out was at 9am. When the time change due to DST my pay out became 10am. I need my payout to stay at 9am so I changed it. Now I share a payout with someone. No big deal to me. I'm fine with that but the person I'm sharing with now might not like it.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Options
    CG cant fix it. Its impossible to fix and satisfy everyone. The reason is, only a few countries change their hours. For that reason CG follows UTC and gives us the ability to change our payouts 2 times a year
  • Buffems
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Anyway I'm done. You all have fun fighting about my little post.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Wasn't this the exact stated reason they introduced the ability to change your payout times?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    This is what’s precisely wrong with this game when it comes to squad arena. Collusion of the top 20 is sickening and CG should retire Squad arena and up the rewards in Grand Arena.
  • Phern
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure what OP wants, move everyone in his shard back one hour????