DST and Payout Reset

2Next

Replies

• Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm not quite understanding how "time X" is ideal for some people yet somehow "time X +/- 1 hour" is a complete disaster. Find a time that works with a 1 hour cushion in either direction (really only one direction - but you have to actually plan ahead of time).

Work, kids, other stuff. I don't think most of the playerbase is a teenager and out of school at lunchtime.

But these are the exact reasons why I don't see how you can possibly be certain that any particular time will work for you.

I can't know for sure, but I think most people have their daily routine pretty much worked out.

That's my point - how difficult can it be to account for a time change you know is coming? And that only moves your payout one hour? And that you have been allotted the ability to change your time for that reason?

For any adult who has a busy schedule, where planning ahead is necessary, this shouldn't really be an issue, unless your work schedule is constantly changing. And even then, how hard is it to move your payout to your lunch hour or a time you know you are always "slow" or available?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    PS. Dare to dream but the best option would be to stop having a stupid "Payout hour" where you risk smashing into everyone else in that hour & instead just pay out at Midnight based on the highest rank you managed to achieve in that 24 hour period, whether it was at 4AM or 10PM. Heaven forbid people be allowed to play when they have free time & not during that one single full rush ahead hour each day.

I know, I know, its a crazy QoL suggestion that will never be implemented no matter now much sense it makes.

It makes sense for players. It does not make sense for CG, since they will give out way more crystals. So no, it won't be implemented, but for reasons other than what you seem to think.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    PS. Dare to dream but the best option would be to stop having a stupid "Payout hour" where you risk smashing into everyone else in that hour & instead just pay out at Midnight based on the highest rank you managed to achieve in that 24 hour period, whether it was at 4AM or 10PM. Heaven forbid people be allowed to play when they have free time & not during that one single full rush ahead hour each day.

I know, I know, its a crazy QoL suggestion that will never be implemented no matter now much sense it makes.

It makes sense for players. It does not make sense for CG, since they will give out way more crystals. So no, it won't be implemented, but for reasons other than what you seem to think.

They could consider doing so, but it would require massive reprogramming of a structure that works (hence wasted money in their eyes), and then if they did decide to they'd have to restructure the payout system and the top ranks would get far less crystals.
  • Options
    I'm not quite understanding how "time X" is ideal for some people yet somehow "time X +/- 1 hour" is a complete disaster. Find a time that works with a 1 hour cushion in either direction (really only one direction - but you have to actually plan ahead of time).

Work, kids, other stuff. I don't think most of the playerbase is a teenager and out of school at lunchtime.

But these are the exact reasons why I don't see how you can possibly be certain that any particular time will work for you.

I can't know for sure, but I think most people have their daily routine pretty much worked out.

Must be nice.

I know personally I have my PO set where I can do my battles on my lunch break at work, so that I don't have to cut into family time to get my crystals. The hour definitely makes a difference for me.
  • Options

Must be nice.

I know personally I have my PO set where I can do my battles on my lunch break at work, so that I don't have to cut into family time to get my crystals. The hour definitely makes a difference for me.

@CCyrilS @Nikoms565
    See what I mean?
    You can't just move your worktime around, kids have certain schedules (school, kindergarden, dinner, bedtime...)...
  • Options

Must be nice.

@CCyrilS @Nikoms565
    See what I mean?
    You can't just move your worktime around, kids have certain schedules (school, kindergarden, dinner, bedtime...)...

Yes, I understand how it works. I have 3 kids, a full time job and do/have coached several sports for the afore mentioned children. My wife also works, so I cook dinner about 80% of the time. I have changed my payout once in the time I have played the game. If people don't want to plan some leisure time that fits their schedule, don't blame it on the game. For the most part, the game is fairly flexible. Yes, my arena and fleet ranking drop on the weekends when I'm busy - but I don't clamor on the forums about freezing arena on weekends to accommodate my schedule.

My guess would be if someone is playing only at lunch break at work, then they are a more leisurely player anyway (how would you do raids, TB, TW, etc. if yoou only play for less than an hour a day) - and that's completely fine. But if that's the case, why does arena payout matter?

Would it be good if the game allowed for DST? Yes. But it doesn't - but it does allow you to change your payout time (which is not something that has always been the case). And the person who posted the point about playing only on lunch break has been playing long before even that was possible. Some people complain that there isn't enough to do and we need more content. Others complain about there being too much to do for a mobile game. If you don't like the amount of time needed on the game, find a game that fits your desired play level and time commitment.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    @Nikka488
    We don't have to collide on a hostile level.
    I do agree with most of what you say but raids etc are mostly happening in the evenings. My po is way before that.
    While I appreciate the QoL alot I am basically just asking CG if they would consider giving us another change to be completely in sync with any DST happening.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

@Nikka488
    We don't have to collide on a hostile level.
    I do agree with most of what you say but raids etc are mostly happening in the evenings. My po is way before that.
    While I appreciate the QoL alot I am basically just asking CG if they would consider giving us another change to be completely in sync with any DST happening.

Maybe they could give us a one-time (extra) change to sync up, then the problem goes away?

Again, it makes little difference to me, but if it helps ppl out, I don't see the big deal.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    1 extra change for dst makes sense to me
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

DST changes twice a year. You can change your payout twice a year. Makes sense already.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

DST changes twice a year. You can change your payout twice a year. Makes sense already.

there's only one daylight savings time. get it together.

edit: thought you said "make sense already" lol, but the point is a time change shouldn't count as payout changes are usually/should be for other reasons
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options

But there's two time changes a year
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, but only one DST, and and one standard time.

Kinda silly to point out, but that's what he meant.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    let's just go with: "A time change by the government shouldn't use up one of your personal payout moves." Whether you should get one or two personal changes per year is up to you guys. we good now?
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, but only one DST, and and one standard time.

Kinda silly to point out, but that's what he meant.

I was pointing out the "silly to point out" part. I know what he meant.
  • Options

That's my point - how difficult can it be to account for a time change you know is coming? And that only moves your payout one hour? And that you have been allotted the ability to change your time for that reason?

For any adult who has a busy schedule, where planning ahead is necessary, this shouldn't really be an issue, unless your work schedule is constantly changing. And even then, how hard is it to move your payout to your lunch hour or a time you know you are always "slow" or available?

Finding a two hour window is actually pretty difficult for a working adult with children who have activities IMHO.
    Being able to have the sufficient DST resets would have been nice. All that said, when I posted this back in March (nice necro btw), the game still had competition in the arena. So many people have quit on my respective shards that there is no real need for this change anymore (for myself anyway).

There is no need to defend in arena. One battle and done. The game is RIP.

As an aside, not sure people were saying my "maths" was wrong. It's pretty clear that there is a lag between when resets are available and DST. The easy fix as I suggested was to give 2 resets on Jan 1. as opposed to giving them 360 days after you use one.

Dec. 4, 2018 - Time Change Available - Use first change

March 10 2019.- DST Begins.- Use second change to keep payouts at same selected time.

November 3, 2019 DST Ends - no change available

Nov. 29th, 2019 - Reset Available - Use first change

March 8, 2020 - DST begins - Use Second change

November 1, 2020 - DST Ends - no change available

Nov. 23, 2020 - Reset available - Use first change

March 14, 2021 - DST Begins Use 2nd change

Nov. 7th, 2021 - DST Ends

Nov. 18, 2021 - Reset available. Use first change.

• Options

Finding a two hour window is actually pretty difficult for a working adult with children who have activities IMHO.
    Being able to have the sufficient DST resets would have been nice. All that said, when I posted this back in March (nice necro btw), the game still had competition in the arena. So many people have quit on my respective shards that there is no real need for this change anymore (for myself anyway).

There is no need to defend in arena. One battle and done. The game is RIP.

As an aside, not sure people were saying my "maths" was wrong. It's pretty clear that there is a lag between when resets are available and DST. The easy fix as I suggested was to give 2 resets on Jan 1. as opposed to giving them 360 days after you use one.

Dec. 4, 2018 - Time Change Available - Use first change

March 10 2019.- DST Begins.- Use second change to keep payouts at same selected time.

November 3, 2019 DST Ends - no change available

Nov. 29th, 2019 - Reset Available - Use first change

March 8, 2020 - DST begins - Use Second change

November 1, 2020 - DST Ends - no change available

Nov. 23, 2020 - Reset available - Use first change

March 14, 2021 - DST Begins Use 2nd change

Nov. 7th, 2021 - DST Ends

Nov. 18, 2021 - Reset available. Use first change.

Or just wait out a time change once and never have to deal with it again.

But what you are talking about is why taking care of ftp players is important. Without ftp the whales have no one to spend to beat. I know if I didn't have to try to take 1st in my shards, I would quit.