TW Guilds Matchmaking/Dropping Players

124Next

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Javin37 wrote: »

Again, no one is saying you don’t have lives. But a top 15 guild in the world shooting into the 100’s for an easy matchup is what happens.

Your sarcasm is very subtle. Keep working on it!

Any suggestions on how subtle one needs to be to point out that 16% to 24% of a guild not wanting to take part in an optional time killer isn't some conspiracy to have an easy matchup?

Not sure where you are getting at.

people have lives and if I win I get 3 zetas, If I lose I get 2 zetas but I get to take my kids to the park

or

It's a totally targeted conspiracy by 50 uber dedicated individuals who do nothing but play SWGOH 21 hours a day purposly attempting to trick the matchmaker to get a better matchup in order to get what 1 extra zeta a year or something.....

I guess it could be the conspiracy....but I would like to think it's the first one let's me feel better about humanity
  • Gannon
    1658 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Again, no one is saying you don’t have lives. But a top 15 guild in the world shooting into the 100’s for an easy matchup is what happens.

Any suggestions on how subtle one needs to be to point out that 16% to 24% of a guild not wanting to take part in an optional time killer isn't some conspiracy to have an easy matchup?

people have lives and if I win I get 3 zetas, If I lose I get 2 zetas but I get to take my kids to the park

or

It's a totally targeted conspiracy by 50 uber dedicated individuals who do nothing but play SWGOH 21 hours a day purposly attempting to trick the matchmaker to get a better matchup in order to get what 1 extra zeta a year or something.....

I guess it could be the conspiracy....but I would like to think it's the first one let's me feel better about humanity

It's not all that bad. Lots of guilds coast thru it expecting to win and take the free mats, other guilds enjoy the extra game content and strategic teamwork involved. If I can't log in more than twice in that 24 hour attack period, I'll step out so my crew has an easier match. It all balances out either way.
    Most high end guilds require high activity, daily tickets, event participation, etc. So it doesn't take much time to do.

I honestly haven't met a guild leader at my tier who doesn't sandbag it tho.

Also, This is my only phone game, and I also like to check these forums (prolly more than some players log into the game, but still not super actively)
  • Options
    TW should be based on guild GP without a join button. I have said this before and I am sticking with it. A 180mil GP guild like 4PDA Yavin IV that is missing 4 members will still be competitive against another 180mil GP guild. Shouldn't be facing a 160 mil guild.

That is silly. What if they miss 10 members? Or 20? Should they still face the 180mil guild?

• Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

or

“Hey Officers”

“Yes?”

“Can you guys drop those alt accounts before TW and add them back after lock for tickets? If you did accidentally join TW make sure they aren’t there for TW lock.”

“Sure thing. Another TW with three Zeta mats baby!”

Back to reality, that didn’t take 23 hours. Took 2 min to double check if they joined and that’s it. Crisis averted. They get matched up with a guild that equals their GP but less developed guild and the 44 players out of 50 use their maxed geared, Modded and Zetaed toons who normally would be facing top guilds and use it against other guilds with slower and less gear everything average. Gee, I wonder who wins this one?!?

“But the guild with more players have Traya and Revans! They should be able to compete! They have a team number advantage!” - **** that doesn’t understand matchmaking.

The 44 other guys have maxed toons and only have to fill 22 areas. The lower developed guild will have much weaker Revans and Traya’s in their bottom half so they can basically mirror anything plus have additional counters for weak ones such as NS and CLS. Because the higher GP guild has developed strong rosters they can use weaker counters against the bottom 10 rosters easily. It’s highly unlikely a person who is 3.8 million and 4 million for example will have all the key toons and also be able to bolster a major roster selection as well as have enough Zetas against the opponent.

A 4.7 million player can give enough defense to make 4 million players struggle. Not saying all are like that as lower GP players can also beat much higher GP but mods and G12+ can be the difference between winning and losing. Now make 44 of those players and let’s say the weaker guild has 15 of the weaker players. Huge disadvantage. If you still don’t get it after this you don’t want to get it.

• AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ALS2021 wrote: »
    TW should be based on guild GP without a join button. I have said this before and I am sticking with it. A 180mil GP guild like 4PDA Yavin IV that is missing 4 members will still be competitive against another 180mil GP guild. Shouldn't be facing a 160 mil guild.

That is silly. What if they miss 10 members? Or 20? Should they still face the 180mil guild?

While I don’t necessarily agree with what Grey said he is onto something. The guild should be punished for not having full participation OR...

The guild gets paired up with a guild equal in GP with the same amount of missing players.

You want to drop 6 members to try and get an advantage? Sure, okay. You now will face a guild that is doing the same thing.

I’ve seen many on here also claiming they are not doing it for advantage but they don’t have any control of their guild and people just do what they want. Well? Whatever number you use to join matchmaking is the number the opponent guild will have!

Boom! Intergrate GP along with number of participants and you won’t have this issue at all. @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie

Maybe this can be in a future QoL update?
  • Options
    Just my suggestion: why not base the matchmaking on the average GP of the participating members? Tell me your thoughts about this idea
  • Gannon
    1658 posts Member
    Options
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    Just my suggestion: why not base the matchmaking on the average GP of the participating members? Tell me your thoughts about this idea

Could have a guild of 4m+ players and ten baby alt accounts lol 😆
    There's always an exploit if they don't use multiple factors
  • Options
    Noxfire27 wrote: »

Wouldn't this just reverse the strategy? Instead if leaving out the 5 low GP alts you'd have them join to lower your average GP?

A 45 member guild at 180M GP has an average of 4M GP. Add 5 alts at 1M GP each and the average drops to 3.7M GP.