FTP Darth Revan

Replies

• What worries me is that this will be a lot more f2p than revan which will make arena continue to be a nigthmare with a lot of people with trash mods having a chance for 1st.
  • To me Jedi Knight Revans unlock was way worse.

We needed to farm 5 toons at the same time and didn’t have a full 2 weeks to do so.

Bastilla Fallen and Ordo has been farmable for a few weeks now. HK has been farmable for years. Carth and Juhani maybe 2 weeks now.

More people will unlock this Revan the first time than they did with JediKnightRevan.
  • This is the best way they could have released this event. JKR was a mistake in the way it was released, but this is spot on.

Props CG, well done. As an ftp who hadnt hoarded, this required smart resource management, and loved the preparation time for this event. Thank you again, hope the gear required is g11-g12.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    What worries me is that this will be a lot more f2p than revan which will make arena continue to be a nigthmare with a lot of people with trash mods having a chance for 1st.

A lot of people not getting Darth Revan will lead to nightmarish arena...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    What worries me is that this will be a lot more f2p than revan which will make arena continue to be a nigthmare with a lot of people with trash mods having a chance for 1st.

How so?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

How so?

It will stay the same apart from the very top. Of course, it depends on your opinion of the current state of the arena, but I think "nightmare" is pretty fitting.
  • I'm ready for Darth Revan for sure! I finished farming them all to 7* a few days ago. I bought some shipments of Carth (4 times I bought shipments) and probably didn't even need to. If you are complaining about the F2P friendliness of this then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm with those worried that it is too F2P friendly and that there will be too many of them in the wild the first go around.
  • Oh, @pac0naut I have one thing to say to you!!!

Bryce Harper!!!!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

How so?

It will stay the same apart from the very top. Of course, it depends on your opinion of the current state of the arena, but I think "nightmare" is pretty fitting.

ah right, i was more thinking along the lines that DRevan will just replace JKRevan if everyone unlocks him.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

How so?

ah right, i was more thinking along the lines that DRevan will just replace JKRevan if everyone unlocks him.

You are right that everyone unlocking DRevan would probably not be very good either, they probably won't make him easy to beat by past meta. We need some reasonable middle ground, where DRevan keeps JKRevan in check and allows other teams to thrive.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Oh, @pac0naut I have one thing to say to you!!!

Bryce Harper!!!!

Believe it!!!

Forget the presidential election in 2020, I want Trout!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • This is likely to be one of the easier legendary releases in some time. Having all of the toons at 7* was doable as FTP if you either have hoarded crystals or rank well in either arena. I had no crystal hoard before the event, but used all my daily arena crystals just to refresh these toons and used hoarded gear to get them all to g11 once the event was announced. Now if the difficulty is tuned such that they need g12+ gear, that's a different story, but I find that unlikely.

I am actually concerned that the event will be too easy for people to unlock and there won't be much spending. I am slowly getting worried that CG isn't making enough on the game, since for many of us veteran dolphins/whales, there isn't much in the game to motivate spending anymore.
  • I'm with those worried that it is too F2P friendly and that there will be too many of them in the wild the first go around.

Exactly
  • This “F2P” talk is pretty disingenuous. You are assuming people are getting significant arena crystal revenue. That’s not many players. None of us know the % but only 24 people in each shard can get max arena crystals each day, out of thousands? I’ll get them 7* without cash, and may get sufficient gear. But that is only because I am 1: depleting a crystal stash AND 2: getting top of arena nearly every day. Let’s not pretend that is achievable for large swaths of the player base.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Drago5760 wrote: »
    This “F2P” talk is pretty disingenuous. You are assuming people are getting significant arena crystal revenue. That’s not many players. None of us know the % but only 24 people in each shard can get max arena crystals each day, out of thousands? I’ll get them 7* without cash, and may get sufficient gear. But that is only because I am 1: depleting a crystal stash AND 2: getting top of arena nearly every day. Let’s not pretend that is achievable for large swaths of the player base.

same applies to p2p talk, not every p2p player is going to be ready or willing to spend an x amount of money that's needed for them to unlock.
  • Drago5760 wrote: »
    This “F2P” talk is pretty disingenuous. You are assuming people are getting significant arena crystal revenue. That’s not many players. None of us know the % but only 24 people in each shard can get max arena crystals each day, out of thousands? I’ll get them 7* without cash, and may get sufficient gear. But that is only because I am 1: depleting a crystal stash AND 2: getting top of arena nearly every day. Let’s not pretend that is achievable for large swaths of the player base.
    Indeed, I'm in an active guild - 80m GP, nobody else is going to be getting him first time aside from me.

We have a couple of whales, but they won't buy many characters at once & many people don't watch gamechanges vids or read the forums often - so didn't know D.Revan was coming/were not prepared.

Nobody else out of 50 active players is pulling in over 700 daily crystals across fleet & arena, most people get about 200 a day tops - which there is no way you can F2P this event with.
  • Watch him be a garbage toon that can't compete in arena. I remember hearing rumors about how GG would be the end of JKR. On a different note I am nearly ready for him. Just have to pray to RNGesus for some good pulls from the Carth node.

• I am actually concerned that the event will be too easy for people to unlock and there won't be much spending. I am slowly getting worried that CG isn't making enough on the game, since for many of us veteran dolphins/whales, there isn't much in the game to motivate spending anymore.

I can't believe what I read :o
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Rugged1 wrote: »
    Watch him be a garbage toon that can't compete in arena. I remember hearing rumors about how GG would be the end of JKR. On a different note I am nearly ready for him. Just have to pray to RNGesus for some good pulls from the Carth node.

There has never been a Journey character like that. The closest would be JTR and even then she competed in arena.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Honestly, this has been the most F2P event I've participated in... At least for me.

Granted, I was a little late to the game when CLS first came out, and had to spend in order to get R2 first, but all the leaked info and teasers that happened this time around gave me plenty of time to prepare and hoard crystals / gear. I started the character farms when they first became farmable, and have been finished for a while now. I could have gotten carth/juhani even cheaper by grabbing fewer shipments
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    Meta definition comes out.
    People that get it have a fairly decent advantage for months.
    Event comes second time around.
    Everyone in the shard catches up and arena sucks for a bit.
    New meta in a month or less.
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

If you weren't hoarding crystals, hoarding gear, farming node refreshes, etc. then I don't know what to tell you.

Edit - not taking the Grievous bait helped immensely.

Grievous bait, Solo bait, etc.

If you find it fun to meta chase, that's fine. But it's a full time job if you're not spending. While the "smart" players are hoarding ability mats and gear and farming the latest marquees, the rest of the roster languishes. Ooh - you got JKR. Better start chasing DR. Ooh - you got Chewie. Better start on C3P0. Meanwhile Nightsisters, Imperial Troopers, Sith, Rebels, etc all get no love. And if you think there will ever be a break, boy oh boy.

I've had enough. I spent the last 6 months or so chasing CLS, JTR, JKR, Chewie, C3P0, Falcon, etc. I'm done playing that game. I still need to 7* 3P0. I will need to work on DR eventually - HK is 7*, and I'm farming Carth for the ship. Juhani, Ordo, Bastilla can wait.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    Watch him be a garbage toon that can't compete in arena. I remember hearing rumors about how GG would be the end of JKR. On a different note I am nearly ready for him. Just have to pray to RNGesus for some good pulls from the Carth node.

There has never been a Journey character like that. The closest would be JTR and even then she competed in arena.

I obviously know this. Just saying it would be awesome for him to be garbage. To think of the backlash and the endless posts about being screwed. Dang I would pay to see that.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »

I obviously know this. Just saying it would be awesome for him to be garbage. To think of the backlash and the endless posts about being screwed. Dang I would pay to see that.

And then you would keep drowning in the sea of JKRevan for months, so better wish that DRevan delivers...
  • Nauros wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »

And then you would keep drowning in the sea of JKRevan for months, so better wish that DRevan delivers...

I believe it would be worth the laughs I would get from it.
  • Pffft that falls on you for not gearing the OR toons months ago, I've had them g11 since their marquees, o ly taking them to g12 after farming them(minus HK) now I've got 3 g12 and am on the final stretch with the other 2 with their g12 pieces ready and made
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Pffft that falls on you for not gearing the OR toons months ago, I've had them g11 since their marquees, o ly taking them to g12 after farming them(minus HK) now I've got 3 g12 and am on the final stretch with the other 2 with their g12 pieces ready and made

Unless you're a 4m+ GP player with nothing else to spend gear on, this is quite a costly gamble.

Yeah, it seemed pretty obvious that these toons would be used for Revan based on the first time around.
    But to sit there and say, "I'm gonna G12 Ordo and Juhani just in case" seems a bit frivolous. Especially given Ordo's requirements.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Just nonsense crying.
    Since I spend a lot on Revan, I am watching more closely this moves.
    Dont spend a penny in Chewbacca ou Dark Revan. Only the crystal I stash from arenas.
  • Revan and Darth Revan are he most f2p “heroic” toons in the game by far.

Both JTRey and CLS needed a legendary toon to even be able to compete so in essence you had to invest in 10 different toons for each of them. Plus the farming doesn’t even contradict each other like it did with vets.

Just because you can’t get a toon the first go around doesn’t make it p2p.
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Ive used up about 12k crystals from my ftp collected stash, and all characters required are at 7star by now.
    Theyre not geared yet tho, but id honestly be surprised if I couldnt get it because of gear issues. Arena mods plus my normal safety stash should be enough. *fingers crossed*

Are your arena mods not 6 dot?