13Next

Replies

• Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Madpup wrote: »
    Javin37 wrote: »
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    This may be the least FTP toon ever!

Not if you have been paying attention and planned ahead.

It's as FTP as Chewie was.

Who was planning for a Chewie level amount of difficulty for this event? No one. They have clearly stated in the past that Journey events are designed to be easier events designed around using a specific set of characters and they require less gear so that players can focus more on a cool story and special designed battles.

Geared them all to G11 right away, in terms of farmed the gear and got it done as soon as i could. Never trust EA and always prep for the worst case scenario and you will beat them haha
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    robjay04 wrote: »

Just because you can’t get a toon the first go around doesn’t make it p2p.

I would just like to point out that if that character dominates arena, TW and GA (i.e. Revan) - then you have actually just defined p2p. HTH.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • This is as FTP as it get for a meta character
  • By the second go-round of these events, as long as you're smart and patient, you should have the character. By a week before the second JKR I had everyone 7 stars, only used my earned crystals for recharges, etc. This time around, yeah, that Carth node will suck, but I've got him 100 shards in, 200 odd to go over the next 3 odd months.
  • JK_47
    41 posts Member
    I’m 100% ready zero $$$ investment
    I can lie too. I have every toon maxed. Every single one. Without spending any money. Because I’m from the future.
    Actually I’ve been farming all of them nonstop since release with a random refresh here or there and 2 of 4 are 5*. One is 6* and one is 7. You didn’t not spend money. You either spent money on crystals before hand or you’ve horses them forever which would mean you lost out on other toons. You can’t fool those of us who’ve been playing since day 1
  • JK_47 wrote: »
    I can lie too. I have every toon maxed. Every single one. Without spending any money. Because I’m from the future.
    Actually I’ve been farming all of them nonstop since release with a random refresh here or there and 2 of 4 are 5*. One is 6* and one is 7. You didn’t not spend money. You either spent money on crystals before hand or you’ve horses them forever which would mean you lost out on other toons. You can’t fool those of us who’ve been playing since day 1

I have g12 bsf and hk, g11+ carth, g7 cande and juhani...all 7 stars.

Not a dime spent
  • DeWannaWonga
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    JK_47 wrote: »

What’s so hard to believe? You want a link to my .gg account?? I get first in arena all the time. I skipped the falcon. I have all OR 7* and I have all g11 minus juhani. With almost 900 crystals a day Income it was really easy. I had 8,000 crystals hoarded when Carth and juhani dropped for farming and ordo and bastila done. In retrospect, I had plenty of time for the falcon. I’d assumed a much tighter timeline for this. I think they gave us WAY too much time ;-)
  • I spent a bunch of money getting ready for Darth Revan. But the only reason I had to was because I don't hoard crystals. If I had started hoarding crystals early enough, which I theoretically could have if I wanted to, I could have 7 starred them all without spending a dime. It's not difficult, it's just annoying and requires long term planning.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    I spent a bunch of money getting ready for Darth Revan. But the only reason I had to was because I don't hoard crystals. If I had started hoarding crystals early enough, which I theoretically could have if I wanted to, I could have 7 starred them all without spending a dime. It's not difficult, it's just annoying and requires long term planning.

Yeah this. I thought this event was going to hit on the 7th. 21st actually is disappointing to me cuz I wanted even more exclusivity for my hard work. I appreciate the lying accusation though. Nice touch. If you like I can post my ally code and you can borrow my Darth Revan
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Pffft that falls on you for not gearing the OR toons months ago, I've had them g11 since their marquees, o ly taking them to g12 after farming them(minus HK) now I've got 3 g12 and am on the final stretch with the other 2 with their g12 pieces ready and made

Unless you're a 4m+ GP player with nothing else to spend gear on, this is quite a costly gamble.

Yeah, it seemed pretty obvious that these toons would be used for Revan based on the first time around.
    But to sit there and say, "I'm gonna G12 Ordo and Juhani just in case" seems a bit frivolous. Especially given Ordo's requirements.

That's why ya just hoard the gear so you've got the stash to burn. Once you've got a stockpile you can start to backfill the rest of your roster
  • B0baf3tt
    182 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    JK_47 wrote: »

Its doable. I started with 7k crystals and I place 1st in arena and top 50 fleet. Could have saved using almost any crystals just based on income but didn't want to risk falling short on time. I've also saved gear since I got Revan the second time around. I missed M F but dont care about ships and knew Darth Revan was more important. I'll pick M F up second time around
    Post edited by B0baf3tt on
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I think the point is yes it can be done F2P, but only at the top end.

It's not really a full on F2P event as a vast majority of the player-base will need to fork out cash to get him first time even if they did start farming him early on due to how much lower the average crystal income is.

I'd be surprised if even 5% of the player base get him first time.

The only reason it 'seems' like everybody is going to get him is,

1. We are on a forum, more dedicated players tend to most more = likely to be in the top 5%.
    2. If many in your guild are also getting him, again - if you are the top 5% player there is a good chance you are in the top 5% guilds potentially too, therefore a bias sample.
    3. We are posting in a thread about D.Revan, hence likely to be either farming him directly or intending on it.

Do you know who isn't going to get him?.

The 95% of the customer base who doesn't post on forums daily & only found out about him with the login message yesterday.

The reason people are so butt-hurt about this is that the only people you complete with is the top 5% - the top 50 in arena is already the cutting edge of the shard. If you want the event to be only for the top 0.5% of players, then you are delusional if you think it's a good business model for GC.
  • miketo wrote: »
    Ive used up about 12k crystals from my ftp collected stash, and all characters required are at 7star by now.
    Theyre not geared yet tho, but id honestly be surprised if I couldnt get it because of gear issues. Arena mods plus my normal safety stash should be enough. *fingers crossed*

Are your arena mods not 6 dot?

Only on Jolee and GMY.
    The rest are changeable, but good point.
  • I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a fair number of people base their spending on which characters they like, and couldn't care less about being competitive.