Simming a raid - auto-join is pointless

Prev1
If rewards are equal, they should be sent to every guildmember automatically when the raid is started.

If Pit set to Sim: At guild reset or time of choosing, if Pit tickets >= 60k, send rewards to entire guild roster.

That's it. By keeping the join system for both ways of doing the raid, you only save people the 8 minutes it takes to auto a raid. The goal of asking for simmable raids was to avoid having to have a join period entirely. Whoever captured the requirements for this piece did a poor job of understanding the "why" behind the ask.

Replies

• Options
    And another thing: you took away the ability to change start times for raids while a raid is in progress. We have rolling start times for HSTR and HAAT, and it was super easy to hop in and just push the time as soon as we got the notice of a raid starting.
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1801557/
    Raid Simming: Veteran Guilds can now sim the Heroic Raid, The Pit! Simming a Raid automatically delivers identical rewards to everyone in the guild. Guilds must have completed the Heroic Rancor 50 times, and there must be at least 35 players with a 7* Han Solo in the guild at the time of battle start in order to sim.

I read that that you do not have to join. If you do not use join period, the raid will start and end immediately and the rewards will be sent to the guild members.
    There is also no need in specify a time ... just "immediately"
    If you use the Join-Period-Featuer, you have the chance to cancel simming and play regular.
    You can also use this feature to force guild members to login and do something ...
  • Options
    17nxu0z7zewb.jpg

Yes, it does read that way. Practice, however, is different than ideal.
  • Options
    sddcv08zalse.jpg

So we had this raid auto started before the update. Will a sim button appear once the raid begins or is it something i have to change in the auto launch settings for the next raid?

There will be a sim option underneath the auto-launch when "Raid Settings" becomes editable again, after rewards are distributed.
  • Options
    kiar1404 wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1801557/
    Raid Simming: Veteran Guilds can now sim the Heroic Raid, The Pit! Simming a Raid automatically delivers identical rewards to everyone in the guild. Guilds must have completed the Heroic Rancor 50 times, and there must be at least 35 players with a 7* Han Solo in the guild at the time of battle start in order to sim.

I read that that you do not have to join. If you do not use join period, the raid will start and end immediately and the rewards will be sent to the guild members.
    There is also no need in specify a time ... just "immediately"
    If you use the Join-Period-Featuer, you have the chance to cancel simming and play regular.
    You can also use this feature to force guild members to login and do something ...

Sure? People in my guild were grayed out before starting the raid, thats why we decided to use the join period ... still waiting for clarification.

• Options
    CONFIRMED: join period for sim is MANDATORY

When you select the launch time with Join period unchecked, when you check to sim the raid, join period is automatically selected and grayed out, so it can't be changed.

3p2kn5i8yuel.jpg
    ck8kxbzc63mr.jpg

• Options
    So the point of raid simming is to benefit the people that couldn't be bothered to log in and sign up, despite having 24hrs to do so, while screwing over the top 15 that should be getting proper rewards.

You know how hard it is to motivate guildies to make the effort to pitch in for raids? Why you trying to make life harder for us, CG?

Just do what you should've done years ago and give everyone matching rewards when they tie for first place. Give everyone a reason to care about their performance rather than reward inactivity.
  • Options
    I was a little surprised by the forced join requirement.

I don’t understand the constant need to tell guilds how they should play. There’s multiple options available, so make all of them selectable. If we want a join period, then those that join in that time get rewards. If we don’t want a join period, then everyone gets the rewards. If we want auto launch it doesn’t affect the other options so should just be selectable.

If people don’t like how a guild is handling the raids, then they can move on. Forcing us all to use what CG thinks a guild needs is just poor design and frustrating.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

I'm so confused in this thread. While I don't think an auto-reward for all would be bad, I wouldn't read this as saying you get rewards for a raid you didn't enter.
    Bauhaus wrote: »
    So the point of raid simming is to benefit the people that couldn't be bothered to log in and sign up, despite having 24hrs to do so, while screwing over the top 15 that should be getting proper rewards.

You know how hard it is to motivate guildies to make the effort to pitch in for raids? Why you trying to make life harder for us, CG?

Just do what you should've done years ago and give everyone matching rewards when they tie for first place. Give everyone a reason to care about their performance rather than reward inactivity.

how is anyone getting screwed over?if those you don't want to sim, then don't. And if the top 15 that like to play it somehow aren't the leader and officers of the guild, then join/start a new one.

I don’t understand the constant need to tell guilds how they should play. There’s multiple options available, so make all of them selectable. If we want a join period, then those that join in that time get rewards. If we don’t want a join period, then everyone gets the rewards. If we want auto launch it doesn’t affect the other options so should just be selectable.

If people don’t like how a guild is handling the raids, then they can move on. Forcing us all to use what CG thinks a guild needs is just poor design and frustrating.

by forced join do you mean that people are forced to join in order to get rewards? that's the same as before

So what was gained? Saved the 8 to 10 mins it takes to auto it ????
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I'm so confused in this thread. While I don't think an auto-reward for all would be bad, I wouldn't read this as saying you get rewards for a raid you didn't enter.

how is anyone getting screwed over?if those you don't want to sim, then don't. And if the top 15 that like to play it somehow aren't the leader and officers of the guild, then join/start a new one.

by forced join do you mean that people are forced to join in order to get rewards? that's the same as before

yes. still don't see what the problem is. don't want to sim, don't sim. Nothing has been taken from anyone.

sorry, tried to edit my post and accidentally deleted, wasn't going to retype lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    The point is there’s an extra step that some guilds don’t require. For some guilds the option was seen as an opportunity to get the Raid done without members having to go through the join period at all.

For my guild we would have been perfectly happy if the option was “give everyone the same rewards but one member has to auto the raid.” It wasn’t the 10 minutes we wanted to avoid, it was the 24 hours where members have to pointlessly click join. Even if they had restricted the rewards to members that were in the game in the previous 24 hours, it would have been a better option for us. 90%+ of the time that would still have given all 50 members rewards.

So nothing is being taken from anyone. They just seemed to miss the actual opportunity to improve some guilds experience in the game. Some guilds may like this options, but others of us were hoping for more flexibility.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Also saves officers from swapping start times around, if the guilds employs this system. Just set one time with 24h join period and leave it, no need to accomodate for everyone's daily shedule. That is a great improvement and saves some headache when new raids are added, while also keeping at least minimal effort needed to get the reward.
  • Options

yes. still don't see what the problem is. don't want to sim, don't sim. Nothing has been taken from anyone.

sorry, tried to edit my post and accidentally deleted, wasn't going to retype lol

You're inventing an argument. No one said anything about anything "being taken from anyone."

The point is that simming a raid should not require a join period.

It should send rewards to every guild member automatically.

Joining a raid was a response to the practice many guilds were having of no damage allowed for 24 hours where everyone could send in a junk toon to die without a move. So, the game added an extra time setting that automatically set a score of 0 for a player if they press a button.

The prevalent thought from the player base was that simming would do away with a join requirement and just send middle tier rewards to everyone. Simming with same rewards means no need for a set launch time.
  • Options
    Im really not understanding this join period hate. Its not like its hard to click join and you had to do it before anyway. As for "we dont want to wait for the join period." newsflash it takes 48 hours MINIMUM to get the tickets to launch. So if someone could explain what im missing it would be greatly appreciated
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    :smile:
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

You're inventing an argument. No one said anything about anything "being taken from anyone."

Why shouldn’t it? Simming anything else in the game requires that you actually go in and press the button to sim it.
  • Options
    Im really not understanding this join period hate. Its not like its hard to click join and you had to do it before anyway. As for "we dont want to wait for the join period." newsflash it takes 48 hours MINIMUM to get the tickets to launch. So if someone could explain what im missing it would be greatly appreciated

I know there are a lot of disappointed guild leaders. They still have to track guild participation. Still have to work around active pit raids when moving members around. There didn’t seem to be a reason to require these.
  • Options
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    Simming a Raid automatically delivers identical rewards to everyone in the guild.
    About to start our first sim and that description says everyone gets rewards...
    So do we have to actually join to get rewards or we get them anyway??

See earlier post, you have to JOIN.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Why shouldn’t it? Simming anything else in the game requires that you actually go in and press the button to sim it.

Ok, let's pursue this line of thinking. You have an Omega Battle pop up.

You go in and click the "sim" button. You get your rewards.

Now imagine that you are clicking that same button.

But you don't get the rewards until everyone in the guild has also clicked the same button.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    From a coding viewpoint, it seems like they took the existing code and instead of accessing the standard loot table, it must be hard coded to pull a pre determined reward package. And set it to acess guild roster and send all eligible the reward package. Removed finalising, probably by setting it's timer to zero, and viola, sim is added?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Lol not only should it be increased on its payout.... it should send to all guild members at the time of starting automatically
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

That's not the point. We want it to just be summed and handed out immediately and to everyone. Not 24 hrs later and having to join. Other wise like was said they didnt actually do anything for us. Especially given the way they worded it sounded like it would be automatic to everyone.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

But you don't get the rewards until everyone in the guild has also clicked the same button.

The omega battle is not a guild event. What you are asking for is for the omega to be sent directly to your inbox without you even having to log into the game and click the sim button. The entire game is built around incentivizing you to log in and click stuff as much as possible, so it makes perfect sense that somebody who doesn’t even log in and click one button in 24 hours doesn’t get the rewards.
  • Options
    This is outrageous, it's unfair!
  • Options
    CG is not going to create a mechanic where you are rewarded just for being a member and not logging in. Come on, is it that bad? They just saved us 10 minutes so you can have 20 minutes for arena after you spend 40 soloing HAAT. Some people just complain to complain.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Received rewards for simming..... .........

Trash trash trash

• Options

The omega battle is not a guild event. What you are asking for is for the omega to be sent directly to your inbox without you even having to log into the game and click the sim button. The entire game is built around incentivizing you to log in and click stuff as much as possible, so it makes perfect sense that somebody who doesn’t even log in and click one button in 24 hours doesn’t get the rewards.

So, you would also be in favor of not having daily guild activity no longer automatically sent?

It is the same mechanic, after all. If you logged in during the past 24 hours and spent energy/did a challenge/etc - you get an amount of guild currency in your box.

Exact same logic should be applied here. They even have a "last activity" tracker that is easily available for use.