Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Raid Simming: Veteran Guilds can now sim the Heroic Raid, The Pit! Simming a Raid automatically delivers identical rewards to everyone in the guild. Guilds must have completed the Heroic Rancor 50 times, and there must be at least 35 players with a 7* Han Solo in the guild at the time of battle start in order to sim.

I'm so confused in this thread. While I don't think an auto-reward for all would be bad, I wouldn't read this as saying you get rewards for a raid you didn't enter.
    Bauhaus wrote: »
    So the point of raid simming is to benefit the people that couldn't be bothered to log in and sign up, despite having 24hrs to do so, while screwing over the top 15 that should be getting proper rewards.

You know how hard it is to motivate guildies to make the effort to pitch in for raids? Why you trying to make life harder for us, CG?

Just do what you should've done years ago and give everyone matching rewards when they tie for first place. Give everyone a reason to care about their performance rather than reward inactivity.

how is anyone getting screwed over?if those you don't want to sim, then don't. And if the top 15 that like to play it somehow aren't the leader and officers of the guild, then join/start a new one.
    I was a little surprised by the forced join requirement.

I don’t understand the constant need to tell guilds how they should play. There’s multiple options available, so make all of them selectable. If we want a join period, then those that join in that time get rewards. If we don’t want a join period, then everyone gets the rewards. If we want auto launch it doesn’t affect the other options so should just be selectable.

If people don’t like how a guild is handling the raids, then they can move on. Forcing us all to use what CG thinks a guild needs is just poor design and frustrating.

by forced join do you mean that people are forced to join in order to get rewards? that's the same as before

So what was gained? Saved the 8 to 10 mins it takes to auto it ????

yes. still don't see what the problem is. don't want to sim, don't sim. Nothing has been taken from anyone.

sorry, tried to edit my post and accidentally deleted, wasn't going to retype lol

You're inventing an argument. No one said anything about anything "being taken from anyone."

The point is that simming a raid should not require a join period.

Why shouldn’t it? Simming anything else in the game requires that you actually go in and press the button to sim it.
    Raid Simming: Veteran Guilds can now sim the Heroic Raid, The Pit! Simming a Raid automatically delivers identical rewards to everyone in the guild. Guilds must have completed the Heroic Rancor 50 times, and there must be at least 35 players with a 7* Han Solo in the guild at the time of battle start in order to sim.

I'm so confused in this thread. While I don't think an auto-reward for all would be bad, I wouldn't read this as saying you get rewards for a raid you didn't enter.
    So the point of raid simming is to benefit the people that couldn't be bothered to log in and sign up, despite having 24hrs to do so, while screwing over the top 15 that should be getting proper rewards.

You know how hard it is to motivate guildies to make the effort to pitch in for raids? Why you trying to make life harder for us, CG?

Just do what you should've done years ago and give everyone matching rewards when they tie for first place. Give everyone a reason to care about their performance rather than reward inactivity.

how is anyone getting screwed over?if those you don't want to sim, then don't. And if the top 15 that like to play it somehow aren't the leader and officers of the guild, then join/start a new one.
    I was a little surprised by the forced join requirement.

I don’t understand the constant need to tell guilds how they should play. There’s multiple options available, so make all of them selectable. If we want a join period, then those that join in that time get rewards. If we don’t want a join period, then everyone gets the rewards. If we want auto launch it doesn’t affect the other options so should just be selectable.

If people don’t like how a guild is handling the raids, then they can move on. Forcing us all to use what CG thinks a guild needs is just poor design and frustrating.

by forced join do you mean that people are forced to join in order to get rewards? that's the same as before

So what was gained? Saved the 8 to 10 mins it takes to auto it ????

yes. still don't see what the problem is. don't want to sim, don't sim. Nothing has been taken from anyone.

sorry, tried to edit my post and accidentally deleted, wasn't going to retype lol

You're inventing an argument. No one said anything about anything "being taken from anyone."

The point is that simming a raid should not require a join period.

Why shouldn’t it? Simming anything else in the game requires that you actually go in and press the button to sim it.

Ok, let's pursue this line of thinking. You have an Omega Battle pop up.

You go in and click the "sim" button. You get your rewards.

Now imagine that you are clicking that same button.

But you don't get the rewards until everyone in the guild has also clicked the same button.

The omega battle is not a guild event. What you are asking for is for the omega to be sent directly to your inbox without you even having to log into the game and click the sim button. The entire game is built around incentivizing you to log in and click stuff as much as possible, so it makes perfect sense that somebody who doesn’t even log in and click one button in 24 hours doesn’t get the rewards.

So, you would also be in favor of not having daily guild activity no longer automatically sent?

It is the same mechanic, after all. If you logged in during the past 24 hours and spent energy/did a challenge/etc - you get an amount of guild currency in your box.

Exact same logic should be applied here. They even have a "last activity" tracker that is easily available for use.

I don’t understand how that examples helps your position. If you don’t log in or don’t participate in the guild activity at all, you don’t automatically get rewards just because you are a member of the guild. You have to do something. Here, too, you have to do something to get the rewards. It’s one button press at any time within 24 hours (assuming your guild sets it up that way). I truly do not see the issue.
  • Options
    The goal of asking for simmable raids was to avoid having to have a join period entirely. Whoever captured the requirements for this piece did a poor job of understanding the "why" behind the ask.
    For my guild we would have been perfectly happy if the option was “give everyone the same rewards but one member has to auto the raid.” It wasn’t the 10 minutes we wanted to avoid, it was the 24 hours where members have to pointlessly click join.

I disagree regarding why a simmable raid option was wanted. For our guild, the Rancor takes less than 10 minutes to complete and I'm sure it's that way for many guilds. That is an extremely narrow window of time for people to schedule their work day around just to be able to get in there and run the raid. To say that the one and only point and benefit and reason for simming raids was to get rid of a join period is incorrect. Maybe some people feel that way but I know a lot of people who were looking forward to being able to sim this raid because having to schedule around an 8-10 minute window to run the raid was a big inconvenience and many people often miss out on the Rancor raid because they can't log in during that narrow window.

Now, I completely agree that the join period for a simmed raid makes no sense. Whenever the raid is set to auto launch, it should just launch without a join period and give everyone the rewards. Seems like they probably decided not to take the time to re-code the raid to be able to function without a join period.... hopefully that gets improved in the future.
  • Options
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    I don’t understand how that examples helps your position. If you don’t log in or don’t participate in the guild activity at all, you don’t automatically get rewards just because you are a member of the guild. You have to do something. Here, too, you have to do something to get the rewards. It’s one button press at any time within 24 hours (assuming your guild sets it up that way). I truly do not see the issue.
    Well, you're getting this the wrong way.. He's saying logging in/participating should be enough.
    And the problem is the 24h period wait, not the button.

Though now I can see another problem ... When you start a raid you get a notif and then you can connect to the game to join.
    If you remove that join period someone who's been busy for 24h and didn't get a minute to look at the game, would have missed the raid.

Just like they would have missed out on their daily login reward... Agree with other points.
  • Options
    i think the SIM needs to be better thought out myself. To me it feels like we are hurting our guild with everyone getting the same gear. Maybe one time it would be great if everyone got stun guns but right now having everyone get the same gear causes the gear donation to be less effective as the guild gear selection has gone down. I personally would almost like it better if when everyone signed on for the raid it would just rotate the list by 1 each raid so at the end of 50 raids everyone has been 1st once. It would average out in the end and if new members join they just get added to the end of the list. Then have the raid automatic with no sign up but the rewards only have 24 hours to collect so if you do not login and pick up your rewards you lose them.