Darth Revan: No double lightsabers!!??

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I have no problem with darth revan having one red lightsaber. I am counting on greater use of force than slashes, but we will see.

However I would prefer jedi revan to be without mask :)
  • Options
    Agree with OP. Wasn’t into KOTOR that much growing up, but the Red/Purple lightsaber was a very cool look. CG missed it on this one. Sideous has two so they already have the base design to create it.
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    He only has the red in KOTOR.
    Purple and red is a different deviation of him. One that we won’t likely get.

Also, if they gave him two sabers, how will he do force lightning like he did in the preview?

He needed a free hand
  • Options
    He only has the red one in KOTOR.

Hes not even cannon so they could change it up
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

But the whole theme is Kotor.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

By that logic he could use a blaster. Their definition of what the old republic is in game is specifically how they'd like it so why couldn't they change that? Theres certainly some good reasons not too but "just because" isnt one of them. I'm assuming when people make the reference like above they're referring to the mmo and not kotor 1 since that was all player choice. That makes a bit of sense as does the "different revan" logic. I'd still prefer the two blades though
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options

*canon. He's definitely not heavy artillery.
  • Options

*canon. He's definitely not heavy artillery.

That we know of yet. Watch him have a "decimate entire squad" move starting on cooldown of 5 that reduces each time a team mate breathes
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Also, if they gave him two sabers, how will he do force lightning like he did in the preview?

He needed a free hand

I can come up with something

Throws blades up, they float with force power (like trayas), he then shoots lightning and catches the sabers
  • Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    ZoeyMara wrote: »
    coolest looking in star wars history .............thats a mighty big opinion ........i would prefer to say Darth Bane is better looking maybe even Freedon Nadd or how about Marka Ragnos his helmet is cool
    , or i dont know Exar Kun the sith lord of all sith lords his looks was pretty darn cool and he didnt have to hide behind a mask plus he had a cool double sided Lightsaber which was the most feared lightsaber even after his death so feared the Jedi counsel had it locked away foreveeeeeeeeeeeer. tulak hord was pretty cool looking too

No dude sorry, but nothing beats a sith with purple and red light sabers wearing a mandalorian mask...

and im going to disagree as have a good number of others in this thread. i loved KOTOR but in no way consider Revan the coolest looking . i dont even have him in my top 5.

• Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    coolest looking in star wars history .............thats a mighty big opinion ........i would prefer to say Darth Bane is better looking maybe even Freedon Nadd or how about Marka Ragnos his helmet is cool
    , or i dont know Exar Kun the sith lord of all sith lords his looks was pretty darn cool and he didnt have to hide behind a mask plus he had a cool double sided Lightsaber which was the most feared lightsaber even after his death so feared the Jedi counsel had it locked away foreveeeeeeeeeeeer. tulak hord was pretty cool looking too

No dude sorry, but nothing beats a sith with purple and red light sabers wearing a mandalorian mask...

and im going to disagree as have a good number of others in this thread. i loved KOTOR but in no way consider Revan the coolest looking . i dont even have him in my top 5.

Booo shame on you only ones that are close are darth krayt, Darth bane, naga sadow, freedom nadd
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

By that logic he could use a blaster. Their definition of what the old republic is in game is specifically how they'd like it so why couldn't they change that? Theres certainly some good reasons not too but "just because" isnt one of them. I'm assuming when people make the reference like above they're referring to the mmo and not kotor 1 since that was all player choice. That makes a bit of sense as does the "different revan" logic. I'd still prefer the two blades though

He could use a blaster, correct because that would hold to the theme.

He could use 1 red lightsaber, because that would hold to the theme.

If he uses 2 lightsabers (of any color), it would not hold with the theme, because as Darth Revan, he had 1 red lightsaber in KOTOR.

It's not about it being a choice, it's about following the theme they set forth.
  • Options

If he uses 2 lightsabers (of any color), it would not hold with the theme, because as Darth Revan, he had 1 red lightsaber in KOTOR.

It's not about it being a choice, it's about following the theme they set forth.

just saying, jedi Revan in KOTOR 1 never had mask and he used blue lightsaber until defeat of Malak.

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »

just saying, jedi Revan in KOTOR 1 never had mask and he used blue lightsaber until defeat of Malak.

Jedi Revan we have is post-Star Forge/defeat of Malak.

Edit: maybe not. Those are the Star Forge robes though.
  • Options

He needed a free hand

Not really. He still uses force storm in KOTOR, even if you use two lightsabers
  • Options

Ever heard of legends canon, besides bio ware already gave us the story of kotor, people fell in love with the characters and story, why change it up to appease casuals
  • Options

He needed a free hand

Not really. He still uses force storm in KOTOR, even if you use two lightsabers

To be fair, it always looked better when a character with only one saber did it.
  • Options
    Darth Revan never had 2 sabers, Redeemed (Reborn) Revan did! Big difference in timeline

Beg to differ revan reborn was when he finally died and his dark half reanimated his corpse. He had dual sabers prior to that