RETITLE: "Mildly Irritated" about HK-47 Leader Nerf

2Next

Replies

• StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    You never know. It could be volume 2 of Revan style leader text lol.

But seriously, it is kind of limiting to have a leader ability that provides so much TM. Could you imagine if someone like Canderous were a droid? His basic could get multiple crits in 1 action. He could create his own infinite loop with just his basic.

So what? That leadership was only for droids, and it was never a meta even in the very old days...
    Now with the Revan, it is still isn’t meta, and will not. Why should they change it, it is a complete mystery for me
    Droids were never meta, but they kept me top 15 through several metas.

They were, very early on. I suppose you could argue Poe was the real meta, but HK led droids with Poe was meta for a couple months.
  • Options
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Quit the game if this upsets you. The game doesn’t need you bud

I'd like to discuss this, because everyone else passed it by like this is just how life is now.

What value added is there from your posts existence in this discussion? Zero. This is because - and pay attention here - you wrote this because it makes you feel good to put people in their place and/or make them feel badly. Unfortunately, I'm a grown man with a PhD in Psychology, so rather than feeling badly, I simply feel like this brands you as a sad and not-so-good human being.

But if I were a teenager, it might have indeed made me feel badly. Would that have made you happy? Would you be pleased if your words made some kid upset or hurt or angry? This says a lot about you, and none of it good. I have to guess that you're a teenager yourself, because if you're any older than 16 and writing that... well, that's unfortunate.

@Roopehunter 's "If you really didnt see that the new droids would be separatist droids, youre pretty bad at this game" isn't particularly helpful, either although at least you offered some thoughts beyond the insult. In fact, I'm quite good at the game. I've been playing since it started. The thing is, as you noted, I play for my own enjoyment and build the teams I want to. I had been working on droids prior to hearing anything about a re-work, so it's more like I was irked when I found out that a different set of droids were coming. Luckily, the Separatists don't really blow me away, so I'm fine to continue with the droids I WAS looking for.

I do acknowledge that "furious" (in my title) is a bit melodramatic. "Annoyed" is probably a better description.

Guys, I understand lots of people who play this game are immature teens, but really. If you see someone post something like "why u here? leave coz we hates u" instead of just shrugging, be the kind of person who says "ignore that guy, he's an ****." Because you don't know who's receiving it and what's going on in their life.

I think youre lying about your education. A real psychologist does not categorise and judge people, like 'sad' or 'not so good'.
    In fact, you would focus on the motives behind. (also, most psychologists do not make PhD)
    At least I hope, for the sake of the people who seek your support.

So, on to the motives.
    Why did someone recommend you to quit?
    Because its better for everyone, including you.

You were furious because of a very ordinary element of the game. Let that sink in.
    Frustration leads to anger leads to damage. Not good for your health.

Its also not good for others. The group wants to enjoy things, and there are much more people awaitong Darth Revan than awaiting droids. So let the majority have fun, instead of forcing them to see whines and negativity. One thread is ok, but why open the 6th thread on the exact same thing as 5 others already?
    Join one of those, cry your river there, hopefully youll find thinkalike players there, offering some sort of a consolidation.

LOL "a real psychologist." Dude, most professionals only maintain professionalism in atmospheres where they feel like they can't get away with being who they really are. The only 10% that don't are the super type-a **** people that are so up-tight they are ashamed of others seeing their bare feet.

Most of my graduating under-grad class cohort went on to become medical doctors. I know exactly which ones I would be confident in during precarious situations and which ones were the ones throwing up on the frat house's carpet at 3 AM twice a month. I also know they were all capable of putting on nice facades.

I used to quote that you can tell a person's character by how they behave when no one is watching. I've since learned that you can tell a person's character by how he treats and acts toward others. That's about all you really have and should work with.
  • Options
    LOL "a real psychologist." Dude, most professionals only maintain professionalism in atmospheres where they feel like they can't get away with being who they really are. The only 10% that don't are the super type-a **** people that are so up-tight they are ashamed of others seeing their bare feet.

Most of my graduating under-grad class cohort went on to become medical doctors. I know exactly which ones I would be confident in during precarious situations and which ones were the ones throwing up on the frat house's carpet at 3 AM twice a month. I also know they were all capable of putting on nice facades.

I used to quote that you can tell a person's character by how they behave when no one is watching. I've since learned that you can tell a person's character by how he treats and acts toward others. That's about all you really have and should work with.

I agree with everything you just said. And I assume you were... defending me? Because I surely am not the one who behaved badly "when no one was watching." Rather, I called out someone for telling me to leave the game forever for having a complaint. Or I suppose you were just making a general comment about the nature of people and the internet?

• Options
    What’s irritating is reading HKs leadership ability and seeing the straight forward simplicity that was swgoh. Then going read Revans leadership ability of 3 paragraphs.

This game sure has change. Not sure if it’s for the better or worse, but I can say I miss the way the game use to be.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    You never know. It could be volume 2 of Revan style leader text lol.

But seriously, it is kind of limiting to have a leader ability that provides so much TM. Could you imagine if someone like Canderous were a droid? His basic could get multiple crits in 1 action. He could create his own infinite loop with just his basic.

So what? That leadership was only for droids, and it was never a meta even in the very old days...
    Now with the Revan, it is still isn’t meta, and will not. Why should they change it, it is a complete mystery for me
    Droids were never meta, but they kept me top 15 through several metas.

They were, very early on. I suppose you could argue Poe was the real meta, but HK led droids with Poe was meta for a couple months.

Poe was meta, but yes the most used "backup" there were droids for quick damage.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Quit the game if this upsets you. The game doesn’t need you bud

Don't be a ****.

Apparently, this forum isn't the place to air our grievances and is only meant for happy talk and congratulating the developers on such great work. If you do complain you have certain forum users such as this pop-up and tell you-you're being mean and this isn't the place for that kind of thing. I am apparently always complaining. So I can be ignored as a negative-Nancy. The world is a strange place full of weirdos.

He was responding to a post that literally said this is isn’t the place for complaints. Is that what you were responding to?
  • Options
    someone call the petty police...that dude just got murdered
  • Options
    SamuraiUX wrote: »

I agree with everything you just said. And I assume you were... defending me? Because I surely am not the one who behaved badly "when no one was watching." Rather, I called out someone for telling me to leave the game forever for having a complaint. Or I suppose you were just making a general comment about the nature of people and the internet?

Just a retort. Not to attack or defend, but relevant from my perspective. Although while I do believe that if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then indeed it is likely a duck, replacing a duck with psychologist and the walking and talking with rhetoric on the internet is probably pretty fallible.

Internet forums discussions are often just as bad as in person. Sometimes I think I can grow my own brain more by bouncing my ideas off of myself in front of the bathroom mirror. People want to be heard. People want to feel special and superior.

I used to want to be smarter. Now I just want to stop existing. I used to have faith in people. Now I don't.

I hope the HK rework doesn't suck.
  • Options
    Internet forums discussions are often just as bad as in person. Sometimes I think I can grow my own brain more by bouncing my ideas off of myself in front of the bathroom mirror. People want to be heard. People want to feel special and superior.

I used to want to be smarter. Now I just want to stop existing. I used to have faith in people. Now I don't.

Man, I hear you.

And I've lost a lot of faith in people, too, over the past few years. It's frustrating and upsetting.

But... and I'm not 'that kind' of Psychologist... I don't like hearing that you want to 'stop existing.' We all feel like that once in a while, but I sincerely hope it's not a continuing state. Send me a message if you feel like it. I don't know you, but I appreciate your wit and point of view.

• Options
    What’s irritating is reading HKs leadership ability and seeing the straight forward simplicity that was swgoh. Then going read Revans leadership ability of 3 paragraphs.

This game sure has change. Not sure if it’s for the better or worse, but I can say I miss the way the game use to be.

Yeah, I feel the same way. "In some ways... in a lot of ways" (quoting Anakin here!) the game is fuller and more interesting. But its definitely lost something along the way. It's getting more and more power-creeped, unnecessarily complex, and money-intensive. A nice, simple character like Royal Guard or Lando sure has their merits - but such days might be over. In order to top previous metas, the next new thing has to be crazier than ever. Going back won't be easy.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Man... HK's rework just got really deep.
  • Options
    Even though im just running revan right now, i sympathize with your cause. Hk had a good lead beforemit was changed....

Why was it changed anyway? He isnt going to be in the lead with darth revan anyway...
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Even though im just running revan right now, i sympathize with your cause. Hk had a good lead beforemit was changed....

Why was it changed anyway? He isnt going to be in the lead with darth revan anyway...
    The devs have always been wary of his lead, and it makes them have to do more work to make sure any droid they release will not cause an infinite loop with HK. Since they were already reworking HK for DR synergy, the took the opportunity to get rid of something that could potentially cause a loop on the future.
  • Options
    Droideka wrote: »
    The devs have always been wary of his lead, and it makes them have to do more work to make sure any droid they release will not cause an infinite loop with HK. Since they were already reworking HK for DR synergy, the took the opportunity to get rid of something that could potentially cause a loop on the future.

I mean, this makes sense. When you get right down to it, I'm not so much upset that they're changing HK47 as I am that they haven't provided a viable alternate droid leader. For every faction there ought to be a few reasonable choices for leader, and for droids there sort of aren't. I guess my mediocre choices are IG-88 and Lobot? I mean, HK was already a 'meh' leader as it was. Change him all you want, but then give me a droid leader I can feel good about!