Please Listen. I Timed The Timesuck Today, It's Out Of Control:

Replies

• Options
    Kenjinrex wrote: »
    If this isn't entitled whining, I don't know what it is. So, let me get this straight, you want the game to be so streamlined and fast that it doesn't take any time whatsoever to get all your collections, characters and raids, everything that you can possibly do in a day in very short period of time? Weird. You know they make games like tap tap hero and stuff for people with little time to invest into a game. Honestly, your approaching the game all wrong in my opinion. It's it safe to say that you buy most of your characters, because if that's the case, you ruined your experience and the joy of earning certain characters and now you want the instant gratification to continue. That's too bad. I wonder what else you want to be sped up? Just enjoy the game, spread out your tasks throughout the day.

So much wrong here, and you completely missed the point, which seems to be a trend with the type of person who tends to call others entitled whiners.

One, this is a mobile game, not an MMO. The average daily gameplay expectation shouldn't be in the two hour range. Two, If the gameplay expectation IS in that range, then the content should at a minimum be compelling, interesting, and have replay value.

Three, as the OP has made clear, much of the content in SWGOH no longer fits that description for many people who have been playing the game a long time.

Also, this literally has nothing to do with buying your characters. Dedicated FTP who have played since launch have this same issue.

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    @Gifafi, I've asked twice now for a detailed breakdown of how long each individual task takes you and not just your grand total.
    Consider this a third time of asking, please.
  • Options
    This is not a game. This is a leech. This cannot continue. I am sick of the energy times too. No need for that. I GOT 6 HOURS TO CHECK THE STORE! WHY DO I NEED TO LOG IN A SPECIFIC TWO HOUR TIME TO HIT A BUTTON?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    This is not a game. This is a leech. This cannot continue. I am sick of the energy times too. No need for that. I GOT 6 HOURS TO CHECK THE STORE! WHY DO I NEED TO LOG IN A SPECIFIC TWO HOUR TIME TO HIT A BUTTON?

I don't think your argument is entirely valid. I mean, you could easily say "I got 24 hours to get my Daily Login Bonus, why do I need to log in a specific six hour time to check the store?" Or "I got a week to do BB-8's Event, why do I need to log in every day to get my log in bonus?"
    It's the same argument, just with different time scales. Some people can make use of the two hour window, so why not have it just because you can't always log in during the time? I go to the cinema every Thursday night and, like a good audience member, I always turn my phone off. This means I nearly always lose the 9pm energy bonus. Oh well, them's the breaks. I don't see it as something to object to just because it doesn't benefit me directly.
  • Options
    Seriously.. checking store and getting energy take like 30 seconds to a minute.
  • Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    @Gifafi, I've asked twice now for a detailed breakdown of how long each individual task takes you and not just your grand total.

I doubt he knows. I have no idea as well. I only know what iOS tells my my average time in game is.

Some days will definitely be higher than others depending on what event/guild event/etc is going on.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Options
    If you want to spend less time in the game, why don't you just play it less?
  • Options
    I always complete the daily tasks and I think its not even 30 minutes. May take a tad longer if you have no energy but not long at all.
  • Options
    The average daily gameplay expectation shouldn't be in the two hour range.

I've been playing since Dec. 2015 and I have never come close to a two-hour average every single day. If I did, I would have quit long ago. I don't even have a one-hour average. If people want to spend two hours or more on it, I get that. But is it a unavoidable minimum? Maybe if you are a three-toed sloth.

• Options
    Mikek wrote: »

The parts of the game that are fun require you to play ALL the game in order to remain competitive. Otherwise your influx of gear, mats and currency comes to a screeching halt.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I spent a loooong time yesterday timing this and typing the op, not going to break it down per click or event. I tried to break it down between "normal" everyday clicking, and raids/etc. I'd love it if anyone would like to actually time their day, and with a breakdown would be great, I agree.

derp.I want to play it more, and spend less time. see above for deets

I always complete the daily tasks and I think its not even 30 minutes. May take a tad longer if you have no energy but not long at all.

It's literally impossible to sit down and do all dailies in 30m. Anyone who can prove me wrong gets 1000 internet points
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Mercury90
    10 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

It's literally impossible to sit down and do all dailies in 30m. Anyone who can prove me wrong gets 1000 internet points

Guys I get it now. He's a troll. I'll take my internet points now
  • Options
    Forum posting is the real endgame, where most time should be spent anyway....
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options

Oh. You're trolling. You managed to keep the hoax going a while which is what most trolls are trying to do so well done, I guess. But it's obvious now
  • Options

I've been playing since Dec. 2015 and I have never come close to a two-hour average every single day. If I did, I would have quit long ago. I don't even have a one-hour average. If people want to spend two hours or more on it, I get that. But is it a unavoidable minimum? Maybe if you are a three-toed sloth.

What are you skipping tho? I already don't play every tank raid I could. I don't play every phase of the sith raid. I play roughly 1 of three TWs. And I am still near 2 hours.

So looked at my screentime rolling 7 day average. 1hr 42min
    W - 3hr 16 min
    Th - 2 hr 35 min
    F - 1hr 59 min
    Sa - 1hr 34 min
    Sun - 1hr 2 min
    M - 56 min
    Today - 20 min so far

• Options
    It doesn't take me 2 hours to do most of that,but I do play 2+ hours a day sometimes..
  • Options
    You must have some special issues if it took you that long. I wish there was more stuff because nearly every day I'm done in less than 5 min when there is no raids or events.
  • Options

I spent a loooong time yesterday timing this and typing the op, not going to break it down per click or event. I tried to break it down between "normal" everyday clicking, and raids/etc. I'd love it if anyone would like to actually time their day, and with a breakdown would be great, I agree.

derp.I want to play it more, and spend less time. see above for deets

I do my no arena dailies in like 5 minutes.

Sim GW, Sim challenges, collect the card, sim my 6 regulars battles, sim my cantina battles, sim my fleet nodes, sim my mod energy.

You only need two arena battles and one fleet to finish the dailies...that takes 15 minutes including waiting time

So 20 to 25 minutes
  • Options

What are you skipping tho? I already don't play every tank raid I could. I don't play every phase of the sith raid. I play roughly 1 of three TWs. And I am still near 2 hours.

W - 3hr 16 min
    Th - 2 hr 35 min
    F - 1hr 59 min
    Sa - 1hr 34 min
    Sun - 1hr 2 min
    M - 56 min
    Today - 20 min so far

Seriously...i don't know how you spend that much time ingame. Setting tw and ga takes like 5 minutes.

The most time consuming part of this game is mods and optimizing them.. .i do that once every so often
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Pacelay wrote: »
    Dump sone money into the game & advance fast that'll stop ur ****...or deal with it. Must b a millennial

No, he's trolling. He claims he can SIM everything including Galactic War but completing all Daily Quests takes over half an hour. He's winding people up. Ignore him.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Oh. You're trolling. You managed to keep the hoax going a while which is what most trolls are trying to do so well done, I guess. But it's obvious now

I'm going to ignore everyone with only a few posts from now on (bc lol), but I'll answer you:

prove me wrong. I mean, maybe it's possible. I was including events in my times, iirc. if someone only does challenges, 2 arena, 1 ship, plus their 600 it could be possible.

arguing about 30m or 40m or w/e is missing the point tho. Can anyone answer why CG seems to think us clicking and coming back multiple times a day for stuff makes them money? If someone misses a store change they're more likely to buy gear? or same same with energy? I dunno, like I said I would probably end up spending if all the mindless clicking was done all at once/quicker

Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

I'm going to ignore everyone with only a few posts from now on (bc lol), but I'll answer you:

prove me wrong. I mean, maybe it's possible. I was including events in my times, iirc. if someone only does challenges, 2 arena, 1 ship, plus their 600 it could be possible.

arguing about 30m or 40m or w/e is missing the point tho. Can anyone answer why CG seems to think us clicking and coming back multiple times a day for stuff makes them money? If someone misses a store change they're more likely to buy gear? or same same with energy? I dunno, like I said I would probably end up spending if all the mindless clicking was done all at once/quicker

Daily challenges:
    GW: 5 seconds
    Challenges: 10 seconds (5 for fleet 5 for regular)
    Regular energy: 5 to 15 seconds
    Cantina energy: 5 seconds
    Mod energy: 5 seconds
    Data card: 10 seconds
    Buying three things from stores: 1 minutes (it actually takes like 15 second just to buy the cheap credit gear but I give it a minute for one to browse).
    Fleet arena: 3-5 minutes (you can literally go into battle and then retreat and get credit though)
    PvP arena: 5-15 minutes (same as above and including wait time)

How does that go beyond 30 minutes?

Also...that's what you are complaining about? Because it's been that way for the entirety of the game...it's how most mobile games work...whether it be crops, timers, or treasure chests....you are told to come back in a few hours.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    For some reason mobile games equate time spent in game with it being successful. I think it stems from the time required is meant to be annoying so you are pushed to spend to reduce it and keep up with the rest of the players.
  • Options
    For some reason mobile games equate time spent in game with it being successful. I think it stems from the time required is meant to be annoying so you are pushed to spend to reduce it and keep up with the rest of the players.

Yes...the idea is time = money. F2p devote time while the more money you spend...the less time you need to spend on the game.
  • Options
    Not sure if this is serious. I'm mostly wishing do be able to spent more time on playing.
    10min evening - 10min morning Daylies done, autoing event while breakfast- nothing to do.
    Always looking forward for raids/tw/Ga where you actual got a little more playtime on that days...
  • Options

W - 3hr 16 min
    Th - 2 hr 35 min
    F - 1hr 59 min
    Sa - 1hr 34 min
    Sun - 1hr 2 min
    M - 56 min
    Today - 20 min so far

I'm skipping nothing and play every raid unless I forget to sign up for it. On non-raid, non-GA days, I play an absolute minimum of 30 minutes, which includes running through some of my roster to check on stuff. And the only reason I play that long is because Squad Arena makes you wait 10 minutes between battles.

If you have a plan about what you're working on, there isn't a lot of thinking required with this game with most things. GA is the only time when I stop and think about how to proceed. Again, I've been playing this game for more than three years - my brain is pretty much on automatic pilot. On days with the fullest plate possible - raids, GA, etc. - yes, I will probably play for at least one hour. Two hours? No way. My longest screen time since March 10 is 1 hour 19 minutes. My second longest was 1 hour 7 minutes. Otherwise, for the past 9 days, I've been on between 35-50 minutes.

• Options
    It'd take me 20-30 minutes to do all the basic stuff, excluding events. I don't do it that way as I like stuff to do whenever I get my bonus energies, but I can do it that way.

Can I ask why? Takes me about 2 minutes to complete basic activities minus arena which is at most another 10 minutes. How is it taking you guys a half hour?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    It'd take me 20-30 minutes to do all the basic stuff, excluding events. I don't do it that way as I like stuff to do whenever I get my bonus energies, but I can do it that way.

Can I ask why? Takes me about 2 minutes to complete basic activities minus arena which is at most another 10 minutes. How is it taking you guys a half hour?

I wanna know this too. I takes me 2 minutes in the morning to clear the basic activities. Are these guys playing SWGOH on an old flip phone? Or they on dial-up?