When is Darth Revan going to drop?

Replies

• Riffinator wrote: »
    Thank you CG. I spent money getting these toons ready awhile ago but you give enough time for F2P players to get him.. let’s push back the event another few weeks so everyone can get him and he will be useless.. great way to reward those who spend money!

Salt much? Have you geared them tho? That's the defining factor this event

True but I already spent the crystals on shipment shards and double farming.
  • This delay is really frustrating, I’ve been ready star wise and gear wise for 3 weeks now because I expected it to be extremely hard to get the characters up in a short time .. such a joke how many more people will get it for free.
  • BarbaricFett
    63 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Honesty at this point let’s just cancel the whole thing. I’d rather no one have DR than everyone. All you guys that keep arguing against and saying that it’s such a small percent of the player base that will have DR, I think the part you are misinterpreting is this: We aren’t talking about nor do we care about anyone who lives outside the top 50-100 in arena. The problem since the JKR re-release (which also was too much time in between) is that names no one has ever heard of are all of a sudden coming out of no where and dropping guys thatve been at the top 3+ years. I’ve youve been placing top 3 in arena last 3 years and all of a sudden 10-15 new people you’ve never seen before whack you when you aren’t expecting it or when you are climbing or whatever cuz they have no idea “how it all works”, you’d be frustrated too.

I haven’t finished above second place in arena since we could swap PO’s. So I’m not losing crystals but I’m certainly gaining frustration. I’ve been ready over a week now for Darth Revan. And now watching these guys that are a pain in the butt get closer and closer to being ready themselves is just stupid.

I’d mentioned in another thread.. I was hoping for this event on the 7th. I wanted to drop some money and be one of 10% or under. I didn’t want to sit around and get this for free and have it be nothing special. What did they say in the incredibles movie? If everyone is special no one is. I’ve worked harder for longer and knowing now another dozen or two on my shard just came into range is a punch in the gut that I didn’t need right now as a player.

There was one less character to farm here. Having this on the 7th would have been one week less than the last batch. Granted a ship node was a hard farm but no **** I only had like 8-9,000 crystals banked when Carth and lady goro hit for farming. I’ve purchased zero crystals. I have the entire team g11 and up. I have 5 zetas banked. I have sith marauder almost 7* and close in case he’s it. I worked for this one and it’s requirements are laughable in the end. Really disappointed

• Honesty at this point let’s just cancel the whole thing. I’d rather no one have DR than everyone. All you guys that keep arguing against and saying that it’s such a small percent of the player base that will have DR, I think the part you are misinterpreting is this: We aren’t talking about nor do we care about anyone who lives outside the top 50-100 in arena. The problem since the JKR re-release (which also was too much time in between) is that names no one has ever heard of are all of a sudden coming out of no where and dropping guys thatve been at the top 3+ years. I’ve youve been placing top 3 in arena last 3 years and all of a sudden 10-15 new people you’ve never seen before whack you when you aren’t expecting it or when you are climbing or whatever cuz they have no idea “how it all works”, you’d be frustrated too.

I haven’t finished above second place in arena since we could swap PO’s. So I’m not losing crystals but I’m certainly gaining frustration. I’ve been ready over a week now for Darth Revan. And now watching these guys that are a pain in the butt get closer and closer to being ready themselves is just stupid.

I’d mentioned in another thread.. I was hoping for this event on the 7th. I wanted to drop some money and be one of 10% or under. I didn’t want to sit around and get this for free and have it be nothing special. What did they say in the incredibles movie? If everyone is special no one is. I’ve worked harder for longer and knowing now another dozen or two on my shard just came into range is a punch in the gut that I didn’t need right now as a player.

There was one less character to farm here. Having this on the 7th would have been one week less than the last batch. Granted a ship node was a hard farm but no **** I only had like 8-9,000 crystals banked when Carth and lady goro hit for farming. I’ve purchased zero crystals. I have the entire team g11 and up. I have 5 zetas banked. I have sith marauder almost 7* and close in case he’s it. I worked for this one and it’s requirements are laughable in the end. Really disappointed

For supposedly not spending any money, you sure are whining a lot. Most f2p that sneak in this event won’t have the rest of the toons geared that will be needed for the meta, you’re blowing this way out of proportion. Just because someone will be able to unlock DR doesn’t automatically give them a pass to top 50-100.
  • Honesty at this point let’s just cancel the whole thing. I’d rather no one have DR than everyone. All you guys that keep arguing against and saying that it’s such a small percent of the player base that will have DR, I think the part you are misinterpreting is this: We aren’t talking about nor do we care about anyone who lives outside the top 50-100 in arena. The problem since the JKR re-release (which also was too much time in between) is that names no one has ever heard of are all of a sudden coming out of no where and dropping guys thatve been at the top 3+ years. I’ve youve been placing top 3 in arena last 3 years and all of a sudden 10-15 new people you’ve never seen before whack you when you aren’t expecting it or when you are climbing or whatever cuz they have no idea “how it all works”, you’d be frustrated too.

For supposedly not spending any money, you sure are whining a lot. Most f2p that sneak in this event won’t have the rest of the toons geared that will be needed for the meta, you’re blowing this way out of proportion. Just because someone will be able to unlock DR doesn’t automatically give them a pass to top 50-100.

Ok. There’s plenty of others that share my sentiment so even though I completely disagree with your opinion, you’re certainly entitled to it
  • Sorry, I don't know what happened, I hit quote too many times.

• For supposedly not spending any money, you sure are whining a lot. Most f2p that sneak in this event won’t have the rest of the toons geared that will be needed for the meta, you’re blowing this way out of proportion. Just because someone will be able to unlock DR doesn’t automatically give them a pass to top 50-100.

Have you seen your arena shards recently? How many JKR are there in the top 100...if you were in that mix...you would know that you can fall 40 to 50 spots overnight.

• For supposedly not spending any money, you sure are whining a lot. Most f2p that sneak in this event won’t have the rest of the toons geared that will be needed for the meta, you’re blowing this way out of proportion. Just because someone will be able to unlock DR doesn’t automatically give them a pass to top 50-100.

Unfortunately it will give them a pass. We’re seeing this right now with JKR. The peasants that unlocked second run are climbing to the top with atrocious mod sets. So seeing as how JKR is 90% of arena now and DR is clearly intended as a direct counter to JKR.... yeah they’ll have a stamped ticket.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    Why don’t they just shorten the event to end with pack expiration anyways? Why *must* it be open for a week? There was two original expectations set: 1. Darth Revan MAY be obtainable on 3/21 and 2. You will have until 3/28 to unlock. Why does missing one target neccesitate missing the other? Especially when it is largely the latter expectation that has been driving the decision making of the player base.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »

Have you seen your arena shards recently? How many JKR are there in the top 100...if you were in that mix...you would know that you can fall 40 to 50 spots overnight.

Oh I can fall more than 49 or 50! Lol, dropped to 280 when I was outta the country for a week.
  • StillTRE wrote: »

Unfortunately it will give them a pass. We’re seeing this right now with JKR. The peasants that unlocked second run are climbing to the top with atrocious mod sets. So seeing as how JKR is 90% of arena now and DR is clearly intended as a direct counter to JKR.... yeah they’ll have a stamped ticket.

I will still disagree. I’ll unlock DR, but I don’t have the team to support. I have fallen bast, EP, and Vader. I haven’t hit sith/empire/ds farm super hard. I focused on FO and LS toons. I’ve always loved OR so that’s why I farmed them so hard. So I’ll get DR on release, but won’t be in the top 100 with him for a while, I’ll gave to keep running JKR

• Salt much? Have you geared them tho? That's the defining factor this event[/quote]

Yes, I have been ready for over a month.. anyone who does have them anywhere close gear wise only has to drop a little cash and should be able to get him.. in my opinion these types of characters should costs at least $200-$300 if you want him/her the first go.. you pay more to max out a marquee character right off the bat then Darth Revan will cost..
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    StillTRE wrote: »
    StillTRE wrote: »
    On the news of waiting until next week... this event needs to be tuned up significantly for difficulty now. You are giving the peasants far too long to farm this.

Yep. Very unhappy whale here. What's the point in spending when all the ftp plebs will have him too. Just make him a marquee that unlocks at 7*.

Yes! Very unhappy whale here too. The whole point of toons like this is to kick the f2p millenial peasants that come here to whine about how it’s not fair that they don’t get a legendary toon for free back to the dregs of arena after they got all uppity getting JKR second run. They seriously have +60 speed sets and probably don’t have air pods. Come on, why are you gonna delay and let these serfs into the meta? No one likes them.

Shall I call Greenpeace? It sounds like there are a lot of hurt whales in need of saving.

DR needs speed, f2p often doesn't have enough, what's the problem?
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I believe when Jedi Training Rey first came to the game, her event launched a day after bb8's event ended. So I wouldn't be surprised if they never extended the dates of the packs. As far as being ready early, I don't think that is a bad thing, since it gives you extra time to farm other characters. Its bad if you were ready for a long time and the delays just makes everyone else able to catch up to you. Its funny how the biggest complaint about JKR was that there wasn't enough time to farm him but an extra 10 days and everyone is singing a completely different tune. There is no winning this
  • I’ve been ready for over a month, I no longer feel good about this event. Everyone knew this character was coming, I’ve looked at many FTP players on my shard and a huge number have either crossed the finish line or are nearly there.

Darth Revan is the first FTP friendly journey character, early investment in the OR characters was a spectacular waste of money.

Quite frankly, only a Darth Malak marquee release that rewards G12 on Malak can save this new meta, otherwise there’s no material difference from the arena situation we have now.
  • The way some of the toxic elitist snobs don't care what happens below the top 100? That's how almost everyone who plays the game feels about the top 100. Nobody who isn't in your little clique cares about you losing a tiny, fractional amount of your precious exclusivity. Hell, a fair number of the people who *are* in that clique don't really care. Get over yourselves.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    The way some of the toxic elitist snobs don't care what happens below the top 100? That's how almost everyone who plays the game feels about the top 100. Nobody who isn't in your little clique cares about you losing a tiny, fractional amount of your precious exclusivity. Hell, a fair number of the people who *are* in that clique don't really care. Get over yourselves.

Sounds like someone hates the competitive players alot and most of the top competitive players top 100 in arenas tend to fund the game and keep it going so in a way a little exclusivity isnt bad especially since alot predict and do most of the theroy crafting for counter teams and team comps to be useful. While some are **** but not all are i was expecting every heroes journey event to be like how jkr cadence was really short and guessing alot did dr had about 3 weeks longer to farm then jkr did
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    The way some of the toxic elitist snobs don't care what happens below the top 100? That's how almost everyone who plays the game feels about the top 100. Nobody who isn't in your little clique cares about you losing a tiny, fractional amount of your precious exclusivity. Hell, a fair number of the people who *are* in that clique don't really care. Get over yourselves.

Sounds like someone hates the competitive players alot and most of the top competitive players top 100 in arenas tend to fund the game and keep it going so in a way a little exclusivity isnt bad especially since alot predict and do most of the theroy crafting for counter teams and team comps to be useful. While some are **** but not all are i was expecting every heroes journey event to be like how jkr cadence was really short and guessing alot did dr had about 3 weeks longer to farm then jkr did

I don't hate, I'm just tired of all these people acting like the villains from Caddyshack. We get it, some people think only the "right" kind of people should be able to play at the country club. Other people want to play golf too, and if they manage to meet the *actual* criteria (not the ones invented in the heads of the self-declared elite) then they get to play. The snobs need to just get over it.
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    i see many early farming buI^I^hurt people.
  • DeepChu
    185 posts Member
    Honesty at this point let’s just cancel the whole thing. I’d rather no one have DR than everyone. All you guys that keep arguing against and saying that it’s such a small percent of the player base that will have DR, I think the part you are misinterpreting is this: We aren’t talking about nor do we care about anyone who lives outside the top 50-100 in arena. The problem since the JKR re-release (which also was too much time in between) is that names no one has ever heard of are all of a sudden coming out of no where and dropping guys thatve been at the top 3+ years. I’ve youve been placing top 3 in arena last 3 years and all of a sudden 10-15 new people you’ve never seen before whack you when you aren’t expecting it or when you are climbing or whatever cuz they have no idea “how it all works”, you’d be frustrated too.

Actually yes xD.

In my shard, on first JKR release, 6 people came out of nowhere to enter top 20 because they buy JKR and that automatically gave them a pass to top 20 xD.

Yes their teams where weak and undermodded and we could win them easily, but the point is they broke in top 20 because of that.
  • DarkHelmetOP
    194 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    CazNeerg wrote: »

It’s funny that people don’t like the whining of FTP folks and then the haunting sounds of whale whining about having competition crop up. Lol! Didn’t someone make a fortune selling recordings of whining whales set to crappy New Age music in the 90s? OoooOooooooOOOOOOOooooooo followed by tinkly piano music?
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Folks let's cool it with the sarcastic comments. Keep it on topic
  • StillTRE
    25 posts Member
    edited March 2019

I don't hate, I'm just tired of all these people acting like the villains from Caddyshack. We get it, some people think only the "right" kind of people should be able to play at the country club. Other people want to play golf too, and if they manage to meet the *actual* criteria (not the ones invented in the heads of the self-declared elite) then they get to play. The snobs need to just get over it.

You’re still allowed to golf, just at a public course; why should anyone be automatically allowed into a country club it’s a private establishment. No air pods - no entry.

Metaphors aside, the issue here is when a game breaking toon is released to change the meta it is expected to be a paywall for top end competitive arena. Why anyone would have the audacity to expect to get a toon like that without spending money is beyond me. The issue for us whale types is that we invest in these toons early to have a paywall against the peasants and their garbage modded squads, but with jkr mods didn’t matter; anyone could beat anyone. So if enough of the peasants get DR because of this extra time to farm - it takes away our paywall and negates the reason why we spend on these.
  • Don’t spend a dime anymore. Through proper investment of my earned crystals and hoarding I have earned 3/4 of the last arena breaking toons. As for new arena breaker, And I’m fully geared, locked and loaded to go harpooning whales in the arena.
  • I don't mind everyone having DR. I myself have had all toons need at 7 start g12 for quite a while. Except Juhani, she's G10. I have zeta on carth and bastilla fallen. And I don't care about waiting for DR. I have taken this time to farm ships. Namely Sith ships. Finish off bounty hunter ships. Work on stashing gear. I don't have Sith Assasin or Marauder or Trooper very high. So the extra time is allowing me to get gear for them. When Jedi Revan came out I had him. G12 tripple zeta first day. I roamed top 10 arena for a long time. Honestly, I'm glad everyone has jedi revan now it was getting boring and I went back to auto arena. Still hold top 100. I think more darth revans means more fun for everyone. I'm all for the delay.
  • I'm terribly sad to hear that there will be people who can't win with just their wallets anymore. Might I suggest other higher paywall games where you don't have to dirty yourself with the peasants?
  • 3zdft87sfcbi.jpeg
    “Can Revan come out and play?”
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Darth Revan. Except he's still around a corner. Or maybe a few streets further. Or not even coming at all.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Seriously, I don't care if he is broken. Give me my DR now! Faster! Or give me thousand crystals and thousand carbanties, stun guns and cuffs each!

Wth? How much more time do you need? I'm sick of Jedi Revan. I wanna end this jedi scum. Everyone is JR. I need the dark side so I bring peace. FASTER CG!!!! TONIGHT!