GA encouragement

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Again, this is not about me. Perhaps you glossed over the example I posted above where my friend’s opponent has 20 LESS G11/12’s, and 20 LESS zetas. That’s not fair, that’s a joke.

Your friend's opponent isn't on the forums complaining about matchmaking. You are.

You proposed one narrow solution that doesn't consider a lot of factors that would need to be considered and you've ignored reasonable questions that have been asked, sometimes outright and sometimes by one-line deflections like the one above.

You're seem upset and uninterested in solving a problem, just airing a grievance and proposing faux solutions with over simplification.

• Options
    Again, this is not about me. Perhaps you glossed over the example I posted above where my friend’s opponent has 20 LESS G11/12’s, and 20 LESS zetas. That’s not fair, that’s a joke.

Your friend's opponent isn't on the forums complaining about matchmaking. You are.

You proposed one narrow solution that doesn't consider a lot of factors that would need to be considered and you've ignored reasonable questions that have been asked, sometimes outright and sometimes by one-line deflections like the one above.

You're seem upset and uninterested in solving a problem, just airing a grievance and proposing faux solutions with over simplification.

Adjust the GP calculation so that higher tiers of gear count for more based on their relative strength?
  • Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    To legitimately be “equally challenging,” both players would need to have roughly equal zetas, gear 11 & 12 characters, arena ranks, mods, teams, legendary characters, knowledge of the game, and desire to compete in grand arena. That’s just not going to happen. Even the areas I mentioned that the developers can match are likely too much for their servers to compute in a reasonably short period. And so instead they match by power, which may be a bit simplistic compared to all the factors that it would take to ensure “fairness” or “equality”, but does a generally good job of giving fairly competitive matches. But players in the top 50 of either arena (or both) and paying players are usually going to do better in grand arena as well.

DSR, a little Discord bot, can do it in seconds. 🤫

DSR bot can read and report these factors. That’s much simpler. The game currently takes 5 minutes to match a few million players on one factor (galactic power). Complexity and time increase for each additional factor. If the game takes 5 minutes to match 1 factor, imagine how long it would take to match 4 factors or more. Keep in mind the time increase would be exponential for each additional factor. And considering people would still cmplain and there are additional factors such as who actually wants to try in grand arena and who doesn’t care, the developers probably thought the current strategy was the best one to balance server load and simplicity with reasonably balanced matchups.

So your argument for a weeklong event that takes about 15 minutes in a 24 hour span is that it'd be too time consuming to look into more evenly graded rosters at matchmaking?!?!?
    My guess is that the developers believe it would be too time consuming to take the various factors and match millions of players into 8 player groups taking each factor into consideration. Most likely it would take several hours or perhaps a day or more to run these calculations on the servers.
  • Options

Adjust the GP calculation so that higher tiers of gear count for more based on their relative strength?

I think there are a lot of options like this that could be useful and lead towards more equitable matches. The GP genie has already left the bottle so to speak and modifying the formula would change the goal posts for things like TW matching and TB deployment calculations. Changing that would cause unnecessary havoc. That said, I think you can make a strong argument for using an alternative calculation for determining a unit's efficiency as opposed to just it's "development". Said differently, Gear level GP contributions don't accurately reflect the benefit to in-game effectiveness and are over-inflated by things like character level and crew power.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, GP falls short even as a measure of resource investment much less actual power.

Problem is there really isn't a straightforward way to quantify the myriad combinations of stats, abilities and synergies that constitute a character's power. Zombie for example would be completely useless in a mixed squad but is invaluable in a Nightsisters squad.

Addressing the worst aspects of GP might help somewhat. For example the fact that simply activating a 1* ship causes the pilot's GP value to double.