DRevan event should end 3/28

Replies

• Options
    It feels like people don't want to share their toys. I myself, have no issue with more darth revans. I had them all 7 star a while ago. Yeah I paid to do it. But I don't get jealous or upset when others get him free to play. That's the joy of the game. We pay to play had our fun with jedi revan. Let free to play have their fun with darth revan. We're all going to have fun with darth revan. It's cool! Relax! have fun!
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    Options
    Altazarus wrote: »
    Well, it seems the OP would like DR unlockable only subject to 300+ speed on all toons, tenacity and potency not less than 90% on all toons, G12+ on everyone, and the event stays on for 10 minutes around 4:00 am once every 6 months, and has an intro movie that lasts at least 8 minutes per stage so you get a maximum of 2 minutes to pass a stage or timeout. That would make it hard on everyone, I guess?

Not true at all. I would like the game to be “working as intended” regardless of the staffing situations at cg during the time this event was in development.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    Options
    I stopped reading at "realistically take 15 minutes" XD XD XD I dont know if you've been paying attention but the expected difficulty is in line with 3p0 and chewie. the cut scenes alone may take 15 minutes

Go back and keep reading.

• TJax
    101 posts Member
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Per the character release cadence, the new Journey event needs to last at least 7 days. So they can't shorten the event without breaking their very public promise to us.

Every one of the people who actually support this game are ready to forgive this minor indescretion :smile
  • Options
    I stopped reading at "realistically take 15 minutes" XD XD XD I dont know if you've been paying attention but the expected difficulty is in line with 3p0 and chewie. the cut scenes alone may take 15 minutes

There's no generally expected C3PO difficulty by the way. Just different interpretations on the wording.
  • Options
    It feels like people don't want to share their toys. I myself, have no issue with more darth revans. I had them all 7 star a while ago. Yeah I paid to do it. But I don't get jealous or upset when others get him free to play. That's the joy of the game. We pay to play had our fun with jedi revan. Let free to play have their fun with darth revan. We're all going to have fun with darth revan. It's cool! Relax! have fun!

Jedi knight revan isnt particularly fun when everyone owns him so why would Darth revan be different?
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    Options
    I looked at my Arena top 10-20 players inventories and mostly i saw 2 kind of players: ones are super ready, others have most DR required toons at 3 stars. I dont think the delay will make such a big differents in my Arena. Who intended to be ready, they planned it very well. Lot of people didnt event bother to focus on DR and are still overwhelmed to unlock and gear other characters they are missing. And some people probably are not ready to put so much money both on JKR and DR.
  • Options
    Jedi revan is still fun! I just auto him in arena these days as the outcomes are so so no matter what. I don't need to have a high ranking. I do like using him and combinations of jedi. I feel with DR and having 3 other toons to choose from, we are going to have a lot more variance in the groups people put together. I look forward to a fun time!
  • Options

There's no generally expected C3PO difficulty by the way. Just different interpretations on the wording.

In a dev post it says "very difficult" just like C-3po
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    I hope they make the event so that everyone who has the characters can get him. Everyone that loves kotor like I do should get to enjoy this character.
  • Options
    There is zero reason to change the event from the standard 7 day format. Journey and legendary events are always 7 days long and starting a dangerous new precedent of shortened events is a bad idea. Many people wisely stockpile gear, ability mats and zetas that they may need for the event put don't put it all on the characters until they can get in and play the event and see what the difficulty level is. Other people rely on information to trickle out in terms of strategies, modding, etc. in order to beat these events. Cutting the clock on the event by over half is just a recipe for disaster. If you rushed and dropped hundreds of dollars on packs and dumped all your gear onto these toons a few weeks ago to G12 them all, then that was your choice...I get that you want to shaft other players out of getting DR if you can to keep some sort of competitive edge...just be upfront about it.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

A dev post also said that Journey type events are tuned for G9.
    The difficulty might easily lie in the fact that -according to the trailer- you won't be using a full squad for any of the phases. So it'll be harder to get away with 3 completely neglected toons and a single G11, like in the JKR event. That still doesn't mean it'll be G11 difficulty.

I'm not a fan of speculations, but actually none of the two ocasions where they spoke about difficulty has any direct hint to gear. The first time it says that it'll be difficult to reclaim the Sith throne. That' a fact story-wise. The second time it says event packs will be available to prepare for this challenging event. What is the correlation between shard packs and gear tier? If you look at that sentence, challenging should not be a hint to gear, in the given context.

Anyway, everybody prepares how they want. But a Chewy event difficulty is doubtful, let alone a G12+5 as a few people with an unquenched desire for exclusivity want it to be.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    There is zero reason to change the event from the standard 7 day format. Journey and legendary events are always 7 days long and starting a dangerous new precedent of shortened events is a bad idea. Many people wisely stockpile gear, ability mats and zetas that they may need for the event put don't put it all on the characters until they can get in and play the event and see what the difficulty level is. Other people rely on information to trickle out in terms of strategies, modding, etc. in order to beat these events. Cutting the clock on the event by over half is just a recipe for disaster. If you rushed and dropped hundreds of dollars on packs and dumped all your gear onto these toons a few weeks ago to G12 them all, then that was your choice...I get that you want to shaft other players out of getting DR if you can to keep some sort of competitive edge...just be upfront about it.

I have not geared any of my toons past g7 because of this event, though BSF is G12+2 because of GA, HK is G10 because waaay back in the day I used him for p2 of tank. I haven’t purchased any crystals for this event. I don’t want to “shaft” any players. I want CG to maintain the status quo of release cadence that they themselves had intended, and I and many others like me planned for.

They intended to release the event today, and have it run for a week, this is not disputed by anyone and they made those intentions clear as soon as they officially posted the required toons. Again as I said before, if they post the expected difficulty level of g10, 9,12, whatever today, everyone would have the one week duration to prepare even though the event isn’t playable.

Delaying only benefits the people who are terrified they might waste a single carbanti where they didn’t absolutely have to. Those people will never support this game in a way that will guarantee its perpetuity. If CG wants to cater to them that’s their business.
  • Options
    TJax wrote: »

I have not geared any of my toons past g7 because of this event, though BSF is G12+2 because of GA, HK is G10 because waaay back in the day I used him for p2 of tank. I haven’t purchased any crystals for this event. I don’t want to “shaft” any players. I want CG to maintain the status quo of release cadence that they themselves had intended, and I and many others like me planned for.

They intended to release the event today, and have it run for a week, this is not disputed by anyone and they made those intentions clear as soon as they officially posted the required toons. Again as I said before, if they post the expected difficulty level of g10, 9,12, whatever today, everyone would have the one week duration to prepare even though the event isn’t playable.

Delaying only benefits the people who are terrified they might waste a single carbanti where they didn’t absolutely have to. Those people will never support this game in a way that will guarantee its perpetuity. If CG wants to cater to them that’s their business.

If you’re prepared for the event then why do you care how long it will run? You’ll get DR on day 1 and get the rest of your time and resources to gear up and prepare his team.

I agree with Vos, just be upfront about wanting to shaft other players.
  • Options
    I highly doubt 4-5 days will actually allow that many more to be ready than were previously. If they were going for DR they would have been close enough to spend money and get him if released on the 21st, now CG is the real loser here as they don't need to spend that money to get DR with the delay. If they weren't going for DR or just casually farming the toons they made this decision weeks ago not just a week ago and they still won't be ready with an extra 4 days. The biggest loser in delaying is CG themselves as now the ones that were either ready or close have more time to hoard gear and get the last stars without sinking more $$. Just a guess but I would imagine only an additional 2-3% of the player base at most benefitted from this delay. My shard is a beta shard and was going to have approx 30 DRs anyways and I only see one more that was somewhat close that might squeeze it in. People need to calm down and think intelligently instead hysterically.
  • Options

Jedi knight revan isnt particularly fun when everyone owns him so why would Darth revan be different?

This may be hard for you to believe, but many of us don't have our fun reduced by other people being able to play with the same toys.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    Options

If you’re prepared for the event then why do you care how long it will run? You’ll get DR on day 1 and get the rest of your time and resources to gear up and prepare his team.

I care for reasons I’ve stated in previous posts. It’s interesting that you would feel “shafted” if you didn’t get to reap a benefit that you did nothing to earn, and is only a result of a staffing issue at cg.

Why do you feel entitled to extra time just because cg underestimated the difficulty of preparing this event? Why do you feel it is appropriate to attribute malice to me simply because I want cg to keep the perceived commitment they made to the player base that this event will close 3/28?
  • Options

The difficulty might easily lie in the fact that -according to the trailer- you won't be using a full squad for any of the phases. So it'll be harder to get away with 3 completely neglected toons and a single G11, like in the JKR event. That still doesn't mean it'll be G11 difficulty.

I'm not a fan of speculations, but actually none of the two ocasions where they spoke about difficulty has any direct hint to gear. The first time it says that it'll be difficult to reclaim the Sith throne. That' a fact story-wise. The second time it says event packs will be available to prepare for this challenging event. What is the correlation between shard packs and gear tier? If you look at that sentence, challenging should not be a hint to gear, in the given context.

Anyway, everybody prepares how they want. But a Chewy event difficulty is doubtful, let alone a G12+5 as a few people with an unquenched desire for exclusivity want it to be.

Actually if you read the dev post you are talking about you would have found out that JKR's journey is turned for g9. You just assumed that that applies for all journeys. Which is false.
  • Options

I care for reasons I’ve stated in previous posts. It’s interesting that you would feel “shafted” if you didn’t get to reap a benefit that you did nothing to earn, and is only a result of a staffing issue at cg.

Why do you feel entitled to extra time just because cg underestimated the difficulty of preparing this event? Why do you feel it is appropriate to attribute malice to me simply because I want cg to keep the perceived commitment they made to the player base that this event will close 3/28?

I don’t feel shafted here. I’ll be close by the end of the event, so either I’ll get him or I won’t. I missed the first Revan narrowly too, and I didn’t quit the game.

I just think it’s funny that you say you don’t want to shaft any players, but you feel the need to make a thread to get CG to essentially do that lol. It doesn’t affect you at all, so why do you care?

The personal part for me is that I find it humorous when people try to veil their true intentions behind something that seems righteous or just. Instead, just be honest: you’ll get your Darth Revan because you farmed right (maybe paid too), and you want to limit as many people as possible from getting him because you don’t want to share rewards (arena, GA, TW, and anything else that may come along).

If I had already had g12, 7* Old Republic toons, I’d want to limit as many people as possible from getting him too.
  • StarSon
    7450 posts Member
    Options

Actually if you read the dev post you are talking about you would have found out that JKR's journey is turned for g9. You just assumed that that applies for all journeys. Which is false.

Actually, it's not false.
    We design these events so players can experience the story without needing to bring your characters to G11 or G12

Emphasis mine. But "these events" refers to Journey events. They can of course deviate from that with this event, but the phrasing you are talking about is not a clear indication of anything, and based on historical data, the event will be easy with g9.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

I don’t feel shafted here. I’ll be close by the end of the event, so either I’ll get him or I won’t. I missed the first Revan narrowly too, and I didn’t quit the game.

I just think it’s funny that you say you don’t want to shaft any players, but you feel the need to make a thread to get CG to essentially do that lol. It doesn’t affect you at all, so why do you care?

The personal part for me is that I find it humorous when people try to veil their true intentions behind something that seems righteous or just. Instead, just be honest: you’ll get your Darth Revan because you farmed right (maybe paid too), and you want to limit as many people as possible from getting him because you don’t want to share rewards (arena, GA, TW, and anything else that may come along).

If I had already had g12, 7* Old Republic toons, I’d want to limit as many people as possible from getting him too.

The intentions of those that are prepared and those that aren’t, but will be if the event close is extended are of equal weight. Some players will benefit by the event closing 3/28, others will benefit from a later close. I don’t go around accusing the supporters of an extended farming period of trying to “shaft” those of us that are prepared. I’m just arguing the case for ending the event on time, which is in my best interest, and laying out the case that there are other justified reasons for doing so other than the personal benefit of the players that are prepared.

Why don’t you stop with the straw man, people who wanted the event on time aren’t trying to “shaft” anyone and aren’t otherwise unrighteous or unjust. We are trying to reap rewards we feel we earned. People that want the delay are trying to reap a reward they haven’t earned. I want cg to keep their commitment. I want those that need time to PAY cg to be ready now, or wait and let me and others like me receive dividends on our investment until the next release.
  • Options
    Why don’t you stop with the straw man, people who wanted the event on time aren’t trying to “shaft” anyone and aren’t otherwise unrighteous or unjust. We are trying to reap rewards we feel we earned. People that want the delay are trying to reap a reward they haven’t earned. I want cg to keep their commitment. I want those that need time to PAY cg to be ready now, or wait and let me and others like me receive dividends on our investment until the next release.

You're leaving out a possibility; that people who want the event to last 7 days from whenever it starts just want to be fair to the solid majority of the player base that gets 100% of it's news about the game *in* the game, and will have no idea when the event is going to start until there is an in-game indicator.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »

You're leaving out a possibility; that people who want the event to last 7 days from whenever it starts just want to be fair to the solid majority of the player base that gets 100% of it's news about the game *in* the game, and will have no idea when the event is going to start until there is an in-game indicator.

Easy solve there, just send an in game message stating the event will start in the upcoming days and will end 3/28. Problem solved.
  • Options

Easy solve there, just send an in game message stating the event will start in the upcoming days and will end 3/28. Problem solved.

If it starts Monday, that would probably work fine. But Monday wasn't guaranteed. Hell, it's possible the event won't even have started by the 28th.
  • Options

The intentions of those that are prepared and those that aren’t, but will be if the event close is extended are of equal weight. Some players will benefit by the event closing 3/28, others will benefit from a later close. I don’t go around accusing the supporters of an extended farming period of trying to “shaft” those of us that are prepared. I’m just arguing the case for ending the event on time, which is in my best interest, and laying out the case that there are other justified reasons for doing so other than the personal benefit of the players that are prepared.

Wouldn’t I need to be arguing one side of this to be using a straw man tactic? Are you sure of the meaning of that?

Regardless, in this last post you were at least closer to being honest about this.

By the way, where did this expected close date of 3/28 come from? I don’t remember CG announcing a date for any of this (maybe I missed). I don’t know how anyone can anticipate and prepare for an expected close date on this event when a start date was never announced.
  • Options

Wouldn’t I need to be arguing one side of this to be using a straw man tactic? Are you sure of the meaning of that?

Regardless, in this last post you were at least closer to being honest about this.

By the way, where did this expected close date of 3/28 come from? I don’t remember CG announcing a date for any of this (maybe I missed). I don’t know how anyone can anticipate and prepare for an expected close date on this event when a start date was never announced.

But, but, but... the Cadence!
  • Options
    How about no.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    Options

You built a straw man by stating that I want to “shaft” unprepared players, and therefore because I have nefarious intent you do not need to argue against the merit of my claims, which you have yet to do.

Your second paragraph is barely worth responding to. CG announced the event a week before its intended start date when they confirmed the OR toons needed for the event. That event triggered an anticipated timeline which has been layed out by cg in the past. The same posts that claim the event should last a week state that the needed toons will be announced a week before start.

CG missed the start date by their own admission.

CG now must choose to break one of two remaining commitments pertaining to journey events which are now mutually exclusive because the event did not start on 3/21. Those are 1. The event will last a week, or 2. The event will close on 3/28.

I argue that is is better for the community and long term health of the game that CG choose to keep commitment 2. I’ve yet to see an argument supporting commitment 1 that doesn’t involve some entitlement to an unearned benefit.
  • Options
    They missed an internal date. There was no announced date to miss. There was no express commitment, at any point, which they have failed to uphold. Your expectations =/= commitments on their part.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    Options

But, but, but... the Cadence!

But, but, but, muh free stuff!