Please, please, please fix Grand Areana

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Kanzi wrote: »
    GP is a measure of how developed our rosters are. It seems fair to match players with rosters of similar level of development.
    xnt4qs9rpbur.jpg
    a3wvxy5bb5tp.jpg
    GP is a bad measure of actual player power.

I never claimed that it was a measure of player power.
    I never claimed that it was a good measure.

You did claim that “as long as your GP is more or less the same as uou opponents, there's nothing to fix.” So it can be viewed as claiming that GP is a good measure.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno is it really your contention that encouraging people to not activating characters is healthy and within the spirit of the game? Additionally why should I be at a permanent disadvantage for choices made well before the actual game mode? Last I checked, a specific reason given by CG for changing paper zombie was that players shouldn't be encourage to NOT build toons. Additionally they specifically said that players do NOT have the option to UNgear.
    I just want CG to be consistent.

not at all. if a player chooses to activate and unlock a character a player is not going to use, that is their choice, but is in no way a permanent disadvantage. there are only 70 or so toons that really make up a solid TW/GA strategy. those extra toons serve no purpose but dont hurt you if you are in a good standing there.

if a player is not in a good standing for their TW/GA strategy, then why waste the resources if they want to be more competitive in GA/TW. as always, they should have laser focus on whats important to them.

if a player started putting resources into their roster like many of us did when TB launched, nothing forced us to go beyond the point of reason. wasting resources is never a good idea, and there were more than enough toons that were needed and are useful to keep most players focused and involved.

not gearing toons doesn't make winning any easier. if a player doesnt have key toons developed thats on the player and is a better use of resources than pure GP, but we all make the choices we do for the reasons we choose. There is no need to go back, just focus on the future, less than half of a roster is needed in good standing to make a good strategy.

all i am proposing is developing with intent vs pure GP if a player feels they are not in the place they want to be.

SO glad that this thread actually picked up steam. I'm not the only one suffering. So the idea of wasting resources is a sham. Been an active player for a long time, All unlocked Toons activated and level 85, yes most low gear level but activated and 85. Now i am still sitting on 28 million credits i have absolutely no use for, and 15 million fleet credits, you guessed it no use for those either. Every refresh I am looking in the mod store, the one and only place to spend these worthless credits and buying mods when ever they are worth while, but alas you can only have so many mods. So of the decent mods that may one day be of use i need to store them on these Toons i will never use. Sell off the ones i never will use but in the process of hiding/storing mods I have again raised my GP meaning next go around I will again get schooled by an over powered smaller roster which in turn gives them 3 more zeta mats. So while it is true to say don't WASTE RESOURCES it is to late for some of us. While I grind away for the 10,000,000 stun guns I need to gear up my toons I will just keep giving away zeta mats. All I ask is for a fix that does not break the game even more.

The problem with this argument (and others I’ve seen on these forums) is that people exaggerate their opponents stance to an extreme in order to squash the discussion. It sucks when people respond to statements like this with “you shouldn’t waste resources...it wouldn’t be fair to punish people with lean rosters when you waste resources on fluff.”

I posted another thread a few days ago thanking CG for the change of removing ship GP from non-ship GA. The difference in my total GP and the lowest guy’s is 680k! Before the change I struggled immensely in non-ship GA. All that said, I got overconfident in my first match and used good counters to NS on other defense...I lost the match. But it didn’t feel like an absurd matchup.

More changes to improve matchmaking would create a better experience for everyone. I honestly hate the matches where I know if I’ll win or lose prior to the attack phase.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    GP is a measure of how developed our rosters are. It seems fair to match players with rosters of similar level of development.
    xnt4qs9rpbur.jpg
    a3wvxy5bb5tp.jpg

You did claim that “as long as your GP is more or less the same as uou opponents, there's nothing to fix.” So it can be viewed as claiming that GP is a good measure.

View it however you like, but if you intend to have a serious discussion, then act accordingly.
  • Options
    My main issue is that by placing these ultra powerful “LEAN” rosters into a tournament against larger more “FLUFF” players is that is never gives the “FLUFF” player a chance to catch up. One of the most sought after resource is ZETA mats and they are limited to the ultra powerful. I may get 1 they get 3 plus resources and mod enhancements making their “LEAN” roster even more powerful. That is just not right. Make an option available to thin the roster and I am sure EA will see massive Roster Dumps. Make a player use crystals to do it and sales will sky rocket. I would gladly pay once for an extra 3-6 zeta mats a month.
  • Options
    xnt4qs9rpbur.jpg
    a3wvxy5bb5tp.jpg

View it however you like, but if you intend to have a serious discussion, then act accordingly.

I don’t see how this is acting inappropriately. I simply quoted you and said how your quote could be viewed.

Did you want to have a serious discussion about points made on this thread? Please let me know which ones.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    xnt4qs9rpbur.jpg
    a3wvxy5bb5tp.jpg

I don’t see how this is acting inappropriately. I simply quoted you and said how your quote could be viewed.

Did you want to have a serious discussion about points made on this thread? Please let me know which ones.

Check my comments. It's all there. Feel free to discuss.
  • Kanzi
    45 posts Member
    Options
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    Not true!
    You always had choice. You just choosed to uplift your GP over focused and usable toons.
    You deserve to loos.
    So you think that I have level 60 Revan, because I spent all credits on leveling Jawas?
    Or I have level 3 abilities on Bossk, because I spent all my Mk III ability materials on Bodhi Rook?
    Or I have Gear 6 Chewbacca because I spent all Mk5 Weapon Mods on Nute Gunray?
    Or what do you mean by "GP over usable toons"? Leveling trash chars didn't interfere with leveling useful characters in any way.
    Also, you probably comment topics without reading. I've already wrote, that I leveled trash for Territory Battles before Territory War and Grand Arena was introduced. There was no downsides of inflating GP back then, but it's causing problems nowadays.
  • Options
    @Kanzi Which two teams did you beat in that bracket?
  • Options
    Kazeb wrote: »
    So at the beginning of the game you choose to upgrade old chewie to gear x. Bad choice : you will loose all the ga for 5 years.

I just raised CWC to g12! Team Wookie Mission FTW!
    blcJoQa.png
  • Kanzi
    45 posts Member
    Options
    @Kanzi Which two teams did you beat in that bracket?
    Ace C3PO (place 7) and probably adik (place 4) — not 100% sure
  • Kanzi
    45 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Kanzi you're just mad becouse you made poor decisions and now you pay for it. You're probably not in top 50 in arena too with this kind of game perception.
    How could decision to inflate GP when guild needs additional stars on Territory Battles be a poor decision? When there was literally no downsides of doing that back then (I didn't invest any rare gear pieces into that, only popular ones).
    And here are my arena ranks (link)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    @Kanzi you're just mad becouse you made poor decisions and now you pay for it. You're probably not in top 50 in arena too with this kind of game perception.
    How could decision to inflate GP when guild needs additional stars on Territory Battles be a poor decision? When there was literally no downsides of doing that back then

Shortly after TB was introduced, TW was also introduced. From there on there was a downside. Did you continue to inflate GP after TW was introduced?

• EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    Let's cut it out calling people out and basically stat shaming. Theres no need for it and if it continues those posts will be removed.
  • Options
    So in The Road Ahead Blog it was mentioned that Grand Arena would be Tiered so that each iteration would place you against better or worst players based on how you do. Seems like a sort of fix. Looking forward to see how it works.