GA bugged amount of teams? Anybody else?

AKAren
40 posts Member
edited March 2019
xru7av2jgual.jpeg
I’m 4.25 mil. And only have 10 team slots...

Replies

• Options
    What’s the lowest GP player in your group?
  • Options
    AKAren wrote: »
    xru7av2jgual.jpeg
    I’m 4.25 mil. And only have 10 team slots...

Is anyone in your group under 4 million (possible now that they aren't using Ship GP)?
  • UdalCuain
    5021 posts Member
    Options
  • AKAren
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I’d be in 2.5 mil bracket if no ships are considered. So 2 brackets down. Others in my guild have same GP as me and have the usual 11 teams needed.
  • AKAren
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Huh. There is somebody with 3,992,000. Would that take the whole GA down a bracket....?

I’m not sure why they’d get matched up with 4.25 mil players. Odd.
  • AKAren
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    OHHHH. I see. So we get matched up by toon GP and then we’re put in a bracket of the lowest person’s TOTAL GP. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    Huh. There is somebody with 3,992,000. Would that take the whole GA down a bracket....?

I’m not sure why they’d get matched up with 4.25 mil players. Odd.

It seems like the bracket is set on the lowest overall GP.

The matchup is based only on character GP. I bet that person has around 2.5M character GP.
  • Options
    OHHHH. I see. So we get matched up by toon GP and then we’re put in a bracket of the lowest person. Thanks guys.

So does that mean that tiebreakers are based on total GP or just squad GP?
  • Options
    OHHHH. I see. So we get matched up by toon GP and then we’re put in a bracket of the lowest person. Thanks guys.

Since they didn't change the way team slots are calculated I'd guess they didn't touch tie breakers either and it's still using total GP.
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Since they didn't change the way team slots are calculated I'd guess they didn't touch tie breakers either and it's still using total GP.

Lol cool. Way to start fixing a problem and then say “I’m bored, let’s do something else.”
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Lol cool. Way to start fixing a problem and then say “I’m bored, let’s do something else.”

Mind you, I'm not a developer or in any way affiliated with them so it's just a guess unless @CG_SBCrumb wants to weigh in.
  • Feefyefoefum
    140 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Everyone in my GA bracket has a squad value of 1.42 million, which I think should mean 6 teams on defence.

We have to place 8 teams down however, which would reflect the overall GP (squad + fleet), which in my case is 2.3 million

Have to admit I'm not entirely sure of the exact amount of teams needed (can't seem to find the table for 3v3 brackets) but I'm pretty sure this is not working as intended

Excuse me if I am being thick but are they now matching people based on squad GP, but then using the overall GP to determine the bracket for number of squads?
    Post edited by Feefyefoefum on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Excuse me if I am being thick but are they now matching people based on squad GP, but then using the overall GP to determine the bracket for number of squads?

Yes.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Yes.

Thank you for the confirmation of which GP number they are using, much appreciated