Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

  • kalidor
    2028 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    There's people that seriously thought that Malak would come back the second time after Darth Revan came back a third time? I've been ready since the second DR event finished, as I figured it'd pop up like a pop quiz shortly thereafter (lot of wasted crystals for that).

    I'm usually pretty sympathetic towards players WRT surprise events, but it was released like this the first time, it's almost expected that you'd need to be ready at a moment's notice.

    Edit: clarify

    It wasn’t right that they did it that way the first time. Less than 24 hours notice is really a low blow.

    Yeah, I get where you're coming from - the original event release got a lot of negative backlash for the notice, requirements, and difficulty. So in a sense, I'm a bit surprised they'd do that again. But also, it's consistent with the way they did it the first time, and they clearly didn't follow any existing release cadence either.
    But if it's Darth Revan that you're are stuck on, then that's on you. He's a known requirement for Malak and pretty much everyone expected Malak to return after Darth Revan.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Why is it so crazy that people are upset about CG changing the very structure of how it rolls out legendary/journey tandem events with putting Malak mid-to-late-cycle before a DR run and failing to bring him back at all during the second run? People logically expected Malak to run concurrent with DR as he did the first time, and because people were planning to be ready with DR #3/Malak #2, it screws over anyone who was expecting Malak and DR to run concurrently. I don’t think it’s a crazy thought to assume that was what was going to happen before today.

    Assumptions are sometimes wrong. It happens. Malak was a few weeks after darth revan the first time not right with it. I missed it barely because I assumed it would be a raid type event and we'd have more time.

    My assumption was wrong as was yours. It happens.
  • TVF
    29887 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    People who got Malak the first time around got a 2 day notice with no time to gear up the required toons

    This should be expected in future runs. Always have the toons prepared as soon as you missed the event

    This. 2nd run people get months to prepare. I don't understand the complaint that the actual day wasn't revealed until one day out, when everyone knew it was coming eventually.

    I don’t understand why this is being accepted? The first time it happened was dumb as well. The community should’ve demanded far better from CG, but if that’s the status quo people are ok with then hey...far be it from me to say anything else lol

    Short notice events benefit spenders and people who prepare ahead of time. It limits the availablity of the toon first run. I'm fine with that.

    Second run anyone can have it. The notice is irrelevant.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Why is it so crazy that people are upset about CG changing the very structure of how it rolls out legendary/journey tandem events with putting Malak mid-to-late-cycle before a DR run and failing to bring him back at all during the second run? People logically expected Malak to run concurrent with DR as he did the first time, and because people were planning to be ready with DR #3/Malak #2, it screws over anyone who was expecting Malak and DR to run concurrently. I don’t think it’s a crazy thought to assume that was what was going to happen before today.

    Its crazy because DR and Malak did not run concurrently (in any definition of the word) any time previously. Also, without a defined cadence for the new type of event (Malak), planning based on a hypothetical, made up timeline of a 6 month return is dumb.

    As a reminder, this is not a legendary/journey relationship, it is a Journey/Journey/Epic confrontation relationship which has never existed before.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    Please nerf Malak hard.

    No need another meta will be incoming in a month or two. I'll get malak easily. But I have no plans to use any crystals to gear him. Those are saved for the next game changing toon.

    Something big in a week or two. Possibly a couple marquees and a legendary by the end of September. Got to prop up those revenue numbers before the end of FY2019.
  • Why is it so crazy that people are upset about CG changing the very structure of how it rolls out legendary/journey tandem events with putting Malak mid-to-late-cycle before a DR run and failing to bring him back at all during the second run? People logically expected Malak to run concurrent with DR as he did the first time, and because people were planning to be ready with DR #3/Malak #2, it screws over anyone who was expecting Malak and DR to run concurrently. I don’t think it’s a crazy thought to assume that was what was going to happen before today.

    The real question is if you are just short of being ready for Darth Revan and they brought darth revan back with malak, would you spend to panic gear him in time to get malak? If not, then cg probably doesn't care that your not ready.
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    Please nerf Malak hard.

    No need another meta will be incoming in a month or two. I'll get malak easily. But I have no plans to use any crystals to gear him. Those are saved for the next game changing toon.

    Something big in a week or two. Possibly a couple marquees and a legendary by the end of September. Got to prop up those revenue numbers before the end of FY2019.

    Probably two legendaries before the end of September. One is needed for the next meta and one will be good but more pf a misdirection to get people to use stashed crystals/gear.
  • CG protecc
    CG attacc
    But most importantly,
    CG bring Malak bacc
  • Ultra
    7841 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I’m more miffed they’re giving people ONE day notice for this. That’s what’s the most messed up.

    Respectful question, only because I'm curious. How many more days would you need to be ready?

    Honestly if Malak was coming back next Tuesday (the 20th) I could get enough Zeta mats and gear to make an optimal team considering with GAC and GeoTB my resources went into bugs, droids and separatists. One day notice is kind of ridiculous honestly.

    But you keep saying one day notice is the problem.

    If you had gotten notice a week ago would it have mattered?

    Umm yeah lol. That’s kind of the point. A few extra days and I wouldn’t have spent crucial gear pieces on separatists or geoTB toons and would’ve instead used them on toons like Mission/Zal to get them up to snuff for this event...so...yes. Lol

    They said soon on August 1st. That was a 2 week notice actually.

    Ok, so a non-snarky soon equals two weeks. That’s good info.
    No its not, don't use two weeks as a deadline for when they use Soon the next time
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Why is it so crazy that people are upset about CG changing the very structure of how it rolls out legendary/journey tandem events with putting Malak mid-to-late-cycle before a DR run and failing to bring him back at all during the second run?

    Because Malak isn't a legendary/journey event. Them renaming the type of event to "Epic Confrontation" will be a good move in helping people realize that.
  • Only 34 likes on that Malak announcement but we had no less than a million 'Where's Malak' threads... 😒
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    OMG. You complain that malak wasn't back yet. Now you are complaining that he is back?? I don't get this place sometimes.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    DadKev wrote: »
    OMG. You complain that malak wasn't back yet. Now you are complaining that he is back?? I don't get this place sometimes.

    I had a much better post on this and spam filter got it lol
  • SherveenEvergreen
    53 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb I used to actually be on your side when all that crap about cheating etc happened. Why would you release malak just weeks before drev? You're missing out on everybody panic gearing Darth Revan. I'm genuinely upset at this.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Funny how they announced it the day after a pack with a bunch of materials we could've used to build malak expired...(Imagine how many people would've bought that materials pack IF you had it run through his event?)

    I think giving short-notice on Malak is sketchy, but since they did that the first time I was saving some materials to get him and have my teams prepped and ready to unlock him. It might take me a little bit to get him maxed out, but unlocking him is the main priority.
  • Ultra
    7841 posts Moderator
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Funny how they announced it the day after a pack with a bunch of materials we could've used to build malak expired...(Imagine how many people would've bought that materials pack IF you had it run through his event?)
    All the wallets are closed because of cheating so its not like anyone was going to buy them
  • Why is it so crazy that people are upset about CG changing the very structure of how it rolls out legendary/journey tandem events with putting Malak mid-to-late-cycle before a DR run and failing to bring him back at all during the second run? People logically expected Malak to run concurrent with DR as he did the first time, and because people were planning to be ready with DR #3/Malak #2, it screws over anyone who was expecting Malak and DR to run concurrently. I don’t think it’s a crazy thought to assume that was what was going to happen before today.

    The real question is if you are just short of being ready for Darth Revan and they brought darth revan back with malak, would you spend to panic gear him in time to get malak? If not, then cg probably doesn't care that your not ready.

    I’m 100% ready for DR and Malak, apart from the fact that a DR event hasn’t happened since I was ready to unlock him for Malak.
  • @CG_SBCrumb screw you guys. I used to actually be on your side when all that crap about cheating etc happened. Why would you release malak just weeks before drev? You're missing out on everybody panic gearing Darth Revan. You're giving everybody else a middle finger. I'm genuinely upset at this.

    So they should have ignored the large, vocal playerbase who was begging for Malak to cater to those players who are waiting for the next Darth Revan event (in approximately 1 month)? Seems like the only possible "middle finger" here is to the players who didn't prepare well enough for revan's second run
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Iy4oy4s
    2412 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I’m more miffed they’re giving people ONE day notice for this. That’s what’s the most messed up.

    Respectful question, only because I'm curious. How many more days would you need to be ready?

    Honestly if Malak was coming back next Tuesday (the 20th) I could get enough Zeta mats and gear to make an optimal team considering with GAC and GeoTB my resources went into bugs, droids and separatists. One day notice is kind of ridiculous honestly.

    But you keep saying one day notice is the problem.

    If you had gotten notice a week ago would it have mattered?

    Umm yeah lol. That’s kind of the point. A few extra days and I wouldn’t have spent crucial gear pieces on separatists or geoTB toons and would’ve instead used them on toons like Mission/Zal to get them up to snuff for this event...so...yes. Lol

    They said soon on August 1st. That was a 2 week notice actually.

    Ok, so a non-snarky soon equals two weeks. That’s good info.
    No its not, don't use two weeks as a deadline for when they use Soon the next time

    I’m aware of CG’s definition of soon. Both snarky and non-snarky. My response was snarky.

    What a fun word.
  • Why is it so crazy that people are upset about CG changing the very structure of how it rolls out legendary/journey tandem events with putting Malak mid-to-late-cycle before a DR run and failing to bring him back at all during the second run? People logically expected Malak to run concurrent with DR as he did the first time, and because people were planning to be ready with DR #3/Malak #2, it screws over anyone who was expecting Malak and DR to run concurrently. I don’t think it’s a crazy thought to assume that was what was going to happen before today.

    The real question is if you are just short of being ready for Darth Revan and they brought darth revan back with malak, would you spend to panic gear him in time to get malak? If not, then cg probably doesn't care that your not ready.

    I’m 100% ready for DR and Malak, apart from the fact that a DR event hasn’t happened since I was ready to unlock him for Malak.

    If you haven't unlocked darth revan you would still need to gear him. Do you have all his gear saved? If not would you spend to finish his gear for malak if his event came back concurrently?
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    Can’t believe the melts...FTP here, old account...no DR first time, got him second time...malak ready about a fortnight after...don’t have gear GET or crystals hoarded...just grinding...malak was absolutely due, to won’t help me in arena but nice to collect (assuming I beat the event)...good luck all!
  • I’m happy. This makes me happy. No issue here. I figured after the first release that we would only get about a day notice on the event. I’ve been ready since the first go + about 5 minutes 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Why is it so crazy that people are upset about CG changing the very structure of how it rolls out legendary/journey tandem events with putting Malak mid-to-late-cycle before a DR run and failing to bring him back at all during the second run? People logically expected Malak to run concurrent with DR as he did the first time, and because people were planning to be ready with DR #3/Malak #2, it screws over anyone who was expecting Malak and DR to run concurrently. I don’t think it’s a crazy thought to assume that was what was going to happen before today.

    The real question is if you are just short of being ready for Darth Revan and they brought darth revan back with malak, would you spend to panic gear him in time to get malak? If not, then cg probably doesn't care that your not ready.

    I’m 100% ready for DR and Malak, apart from the fact that a DR event hasn’t happened since I was ready to unlock him for Malak.

    If you haven't unlocked darth revan you would still need to gear him. Do you have all his gear saved? If not would you spend to finish his gear for malak if his event came back concurrently?

    Yep, good enough to get him to G11 today.
  • SherveenEvergreen
    53 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb screw you guys. I used to actually be on your side when all that crap about cheating etc happened. Why would you release malak just weeks before drev? You're missing out on everybody panic gearing Darth Revan. You're giving everybody else a middle finger. I'm genuinely upset at this.

    So they should have ignored the large, vocal playerbase who was begging for Malak to cater to those players who are waiting for the next Darth Revan event (in approximately 1 month)? Seems like the only possible "middle finger" here is to the players who didn't prepare well enough for revan's second run

    Hardly. The game contains more than just Revan. Most of us aren't just abandoning other farms just because cg is releasing something. But i get your argument.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • @CG_SBCrumb screw you guys. I used to actually be on your side when all that crap about cheating etc happened. Why would you release malak just weeks before drev? You're missing out on everybody panic gearing Darth Revan. You're giving everybody else a middle finger. I'm genuinely upset at this.

    So they should have ignored the large, vocal playerbase who was begging for Malak to cater to those players who are waiting for the next Darth Revan event (in approximately 1 month)? Seems like the only possible "middle finger" here is to the players who didn't prepare well enough for revan's second run

    Hardly. The game contains more than just Revan. Most of us aren't just abandoning other farms just because cg is releasing something. But i get your argument. You want to be pampered because you're meta ****.

    So, to recap, you are mad that CG is bringing back the most powerful toon in the game before the 3rd run of a journey character (who is required to unlock said powerful toon), because you choose to not abandon other farms to focus on the requirements for the most powerful toon in the game.

    I don't want to be pampered at all, and wouldn't really care if Malak came back now or in another few months. Like many reasonable people who try to be competitive in any form, I focused on farming and gearing the requirements to be prepared asap after his first event.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • screw you guys. I used to actually be on your side when all that crap about cheating etc happened. Why would you release malak just weeks before drev? You're missing out on everybody panic gearing Darth Revan. You're giving everybody else a middle finger. I'm genuinely upset at this.
    They have not announced when Darth Revan 3 will run, so you're speaking entirely from ignorance on that timing.

    That said, if Darth Revan 2 and 3 came before Malak 2, people who got Darth Revan second cycle expecting a one cycle head start with Malak before the people who get Darth Revan third cycle could get their hands on him? Those people who were prepared and got Darth Revan second cycle would have just as much if not more reason to object.

    But that is to say not much reason. New event type. New cycle. We'll see how it pans out.

    There are many, many ways to handle scheduling. But all of them advantage someone and disadvantage someone else. That's not a middle finger or a slap in the face. That's inevitability. If you're on the wrong side of being favored by a quirk of scheduling, oh well.
    The real question is if you are just short of being ready for Darth Revan and they brought darth revan back with malak, would you spend to panic gear him in time to get malak? If not, then cg probably doesn't care that your not ready.

    I’m 100% ready for DR and Malak, apart from the fact that a DR event hasn’t happened since I was ready to unlock him for Malak.[/quote]
    In other words, you're not 100% ready for Malak.
    Still not a he.
  • Already have Malak. The event is showing in event log. Does this mean I can play it again?
  • I am happy Malak is finally back, been ready for some time since I started farming for the event as soon as the first event came. No complaining here 😃
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    screw you guys. I used to actually be on your side when all that crap about cheating etc happened. Why would you release malak just weeks before drev? You're missing out on everybody panic gearing Darth Revan. You're giving everybody else a middle finger. I'm genuinely upset at this.
    They have not announced when Darth Revan 3 will run, so you're speaking entirely from ignorance on that timing.

    That said, if Darth Revan 2 and 3 came before Malak 2, people who got Darth Revan second cycle expecting a one cycle head start with Malak before the people who get Darth Revan third cycle could get their hands on him? Those people who were prepared and got Darth Revan second cycle would have just as much if not more reason to object.

    But that is to say not much reason. New event type. New cycle. We'll see how it pans out.

    There are many, many ways to handle scheduling. But all of them advantage someone and disadvantage someone else. That's not a middle finger or a slap in the face. That's inevitability. If you're on the wrong side of being favored by a quirk of scheduling, oh well.
    The real question is if you are just short of being ready for Darth Revan and they brought darth revan back with malak, would you spend to panic gear him in time to get malak? If not, then cg probably doesn't care that your not ready.

    I’m 100% ready for DR and Malak, apart from the fact that a DR event hasn’t happened since I was ready to unlock him for Malak.
    In other words, you're not 100% ready for Malak.[/quote]

    You're correct, they haven't announced drev. However, if he ran this early that would break that cadence. Before Carrie events were very arbitrarily scheduled. I hope it's not going back to it.
Sign In or Register to comment.