Malak Event

Prev134
VonZant
3843 posts Member
3 days only. For those of you that havent seen it:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200778/showdown-at-star-forge#latest

17.5k power x 10 characters. Who's ready?

Seems to be about g9-12 depending on if you have a zeta or not.

Replies

• Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    How much power does adding a zeta give?
  • Options
    Rizn wrote: »
    How much power does adding a zeta give?

I think around 2600 or something like that.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Easier to add a zeta to a few than gear them up...
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    You only need G10 to hit 17500 if you’re willing to drop a Zeta.
  • Options
    I’m kind of bummed about it because even investing money wouldn’t get me there in 2 days and I have jkr and dr unlocked
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    G10 7* zetad mission is 17800 GP.

Might as well get her to g11, which will push her to 18500+, maybe.

I don't plan to g12 my old republic, but don't mind throwing zetas on them. All g11 zetad old republic is totally fine by me.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Just my personal opinion, but Jolene, Mission and Z are 100% worth g12 and zeta. Probably Carth too.

Also my personal opinion, but they should release the Kit Asap to get people salivating on it and trying to rush. 1 day preview seems like it will cut out people from paying to get there.

EDIT: Autocorrect seems to think I am talking about a Dolly Parton song...
  • Options
    I don’t mind spending the money but to have this going on while Star Wars celebration is going on is a kick in the gut. Thanks CG!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Oldeuboi wrote: »
    I’m kind of bummed about it because even investing money wouldn’t get me there in 2 days and I have jkr and dr unlocked

That's fine. Do it next time and buy yourself a nice dinner with the money doing it this time would have cost. Not many folks are going to get it the first time, so you're not really losing anything.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Just my personal opinion, but Jolene, Mission and Z are 100% worth g12 and zeta. Probably Carth too.

Also my personal opinion, but they should release the Kit Asap to get people salivating on it and trying to rush. 1 day preview seems like it will cut out people from paying to get there.

a partial preview of his kit was part of the solution to the puzzle.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

a partial preview of his kit was part of the solution to the puzzle.

Yeah saw it. Is there anything else other than the sideways screen? I might have missed it.
  • Options
    Just cause 17500 is the minimun , don't think thats all, youll need , how often are their suggested minimums so far off the mark. Good luck to all trying to get him
  • Options
    And which 4 work best in the attempts. Just remember BHs and Ewok events didn’t work for just any group. You needed to have a specific group or it was near impossible to complete. I had 5 G12 Ewoks but they were the wrong ones for C3PO
  • Options
  • Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200778/showdown-at-star-forge#latest

Why do they hate us? =P
  • Options

Why do they hate us? =P

cause they love our money
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    JKR and his side is ready. Brought Mission and Z to g11 w/zeta, which I wanted to do anyway. Loved having a good excuse. Already had a g10 T3 w/zeta, but I don't see him being very good. Bindo is g12 w/zeta, Shan is g11 (and ready to go to 12, I think, but I'm holding the gear)

Didn't get Darth Revan, and his gaggle isn't quite as prepared. Should be done by time the next event rolls around tho. Wasn't gonna gear Cando or Juhani much, but guess I have to pick at least one

I've also got 40k GET stored up, and I'll probably stop spending on gear it if they are starting to roll out whatever toons they have planned
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Never thought I'd say this, but I'm missing Marquee events a lot lately. Each character release is getting progressively harder with no easy ones in between. Guess it's the new game direction now.

Might be ready next time around, if DRevan comes back before the Malak event returns.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options

Carth is a great leader for a Old republic team together with Juhani, Mission, Zalbar and Canderous. Totally worth it to put a zeta on him.
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    Options
    What happen to the 7 day window between an announcement and the event that was promise? This is a disrupt of your own terms to the players, don’t you think?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    gflegui wrote: »
    What happen to the 7 day window between an announcement and the event that was promise? This is a disrupt of your own terms to the players, don’t you think?

Technically, this type of event for Darth Malak is a brand new type of event, not covered under the Release Cadence. Therefore, they didn't really break their promise.

However, I feel it is absolutely a violation of the *spirit* of the Cadence, which was to give players at least a week's advance notice, and then a week of an event, in order to have at least a 2 week window in which to try and earn a new character.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018
  • Options
    So if you don’t put a Zeta they have to be G12 to meet the Min GP requirements right?
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    So if you don’t put a Zeta they have to be G12 to meet the Min GP requirements right?

My Mission is G12 and still 1k short of requirement. Will need g12+ and good mods if not prepared to zeta.
  • Options
    I doubt carths, zeta will be useful at all in this event, I don’t plan on using him as a leader with darth reven there to lead HK/bastila. I’m not even gonna use carth
  • GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

I think it depends on the character. My canderous is g12 +2 and he's at 18000

Edit: forgot to say he has no zeta
  • Options
    Shaddesy wrote: »
    I doubt carths, zeta will be useful at all in this event, I don’t plan on using him as a leader with darth reven there to lead HK/bastila. I’m not even gonna use carth

Carth's zeta is the only one I spent in preparation for the event. I agree that it won't be particularly useful for the event itself, but it gave him the gp boost at g11 and it is probably the most useful zeta outside of the ones on characters that were or are part of the arena meta. If we're forced to get this close to a geared and zeta'd OR squad why not drop the one zeta that makes them the most viable in TW/GA?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    Yes except most players dont have multiple Zetas sitting around to be used. They are basically forcing players to spend serious cash on lame characters, what a genius way to **** people off. I had multiple guild members quit today after playing for years over this garbage.
  • Options
    I could get behind the release if there had been more advanced warning and at the very least they had done it after the jkr event. Like **** is the point of us putting in the time, effort and money into these toons when we have literally no idea when the event will come back or if it even will come back? It's the obvious lack of respect for the community at large that bothers me as a whale. And I'm not certain what I can or will do in response to this overt act of ill will. Perhaps I will calm down by the morning but right now it sure doesn't feel like I will.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Yes except most players dont have multiple Zetas sitting around to be used. They are basically forcing players to spend serious cash on lame characters, what a genius way to **** people off. I had multiple guild members quit today after playing for years over this garbage.

I find it strange that they quit over this? I also find it strange that people wanted less marquees and more event and journey based characters. Beware of what you wish for, and all that...

The OR characters are not lame (at least gameplay-wise). You gear them and you have a top 5-10 defensive team for GA that literally deserve a spot on every board.

And seriously, we would have known earlier if our puzzle-solvers were worth a dang. Fortunately, I have no math or science-related puzzle skills so am blameless and can justifiably blame others! ;)