Kit Reveal: Darth Malak

Replies

  • hotdeaths wrote: »
    CLS has just been slaughtered with the critical hit fear and reduced percentage effects. Looks like it just Revan vs Darth Revan now...

    "We will try to keep a rock, paper, scissors meta,,

    Oh well at least it won't take up 90% meta yet

    I dont get why you say this.
    Yes, critically hitting Malak would hurt. However, this is only applicable in the first few rounds, because after that, he gets massive crit avoidance, so no chance of critting him. And in those first few rounds, why would you hit the tank? Why not Badstilla, or at least, the other tank, SiT? (especially as SiT is a pre taunter - Malak is not.)
    Once you kill all 4 allies, you really think your full cls team cant handle malak?

    Um no, not if he is dealing 100% health damage every 4 turns...
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    CLS has just been slaughtered with the critical hit fear and reduced percentage effects. Looks like it just Revan vs Darth Revan now...

    "We will try to keep a rock, paper, scissors meta,,

    Oh well at least it won't take up 90% meta yet

    I dont get why you say this.
    Yes, critically hitting Malak would hurt. However, this is only applicable in the first few rounds, because after that, he gets massive crit avoidance, so no chance of critting him. And in those first few rounds, why would you hit the tank? Why not Badstilla, or at least, the other tank, SiT? (especially as SiT is a pre taunter - Malak is not.)
    Once you kill all 4 allies, you really think your full cls team cant handle malak?

    Um no, not if he is dealing 100% health damage every 4 turns...

    Less than that if you bring him down to 75% and so on
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Ninjah9
    811 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    CLS has just been slaughtered with the critical hit fear and reduced percentage effects. Looks like it just Revan vs Darth Revan now...

    "We will try to keep a rock, paper, scissors meta,,

    Oh well at least it won't take up 90% meta yet

    I dont get why you say this.
    Yes, critically hitting Malak would hurt. However, this is only applicable in the first few rounds, because after that, he gets massive crit avoidance, so no chance of critting him. And in those first few rounds, why would you hit the tank? Why not Badstilla, or at least, the other tank, SiT? (especially as SiT is a pre taunter - Malak is not.)
    Once you kill all 4 allies, you really think your full cls team cant handle malak?

    Um no, not if he is dealing 100% health damage every 4 turns...

    Less than that if you bring him down to 75% and so on

    Yep
  • Dinotank46 wrote: »
    Would B1 be a counter since he only has 1 health
    And 100 stacks of droid battalion

    What an interesting idea
  • Raid interaction bug incoming.
    >:) So what? I want Krell!
  • This guy's kit reads out almost like if CG took both Kylo Rens, mashed in a bit of Darth Nihilus, and just a sprinkle of Cad Bane.
  • Vertigo
    4403 posts Member
    Dinotank46 wrote: »
    Would B1 be a counter since he only has 1 health
    And 100 stacks of droid battalion

    What an interesting idea

    Now you just need to have B1 survive the rest of the battle and then also hope that the enemy Malak is dumb enough to hit B1 and not GG, or presumably the Marked Droideka or Marked Magnaguard (depending on who got marked by GG)
  • Nihion
    2228 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Dinotank46 wrote: »
    Would B1 be a counter since he only has 1 health
    And 100 stacks of droid battalion

    What an interesting idea

    Now you just need to have B1 survive the rest of the battle and then also hope that the enemy Malak is dumb enough to hit B1 and not GG, or presumably the Marked Droideka or Marked Magnaguard (depending on who got marked by GG)

    OH, now I get the Grievous Rework! Soon they might add G13, raising his Damage output, and due to folks like B1 and Droideka not being able to Crit, or having buffs instead of health, they might actually be able to be a good counter!
  • dimi4a
    1236 posts Member
    Drevan and Malak = 95% Meta domination! Congrats! What's next Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow with 100% Meta domination?
  • Nihion
    2228 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Drevan and Malak = 95% Meta domination! Congrats! What's next Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow with 100% Meta domination?

    I can’t wait for those two, but there is no way in Tartarus that DR and DM will be 95% of the meta, because DM is too exclusive to the best of the best! I would, on the other hand, expect JKR and Bastila to be the rest of arena fights however.
  • The rise of BH and Droids...unless of course you have $200 to blow
  • Atwell
    111 posts Member
    Emguy wrote: »
    It's not an annihilate. It's damage equal to 100% of targets max health. So if a target has 100k health and 100k protection all the attack would do is get through the protection

    So this would be a hard counter to Darth Nihilus' Leadership. And I guess Bastilla lead Jedi teams would have more of a chance against Malak.
  • Emguy wrote: »
    Healing immunity would absolutely destroy him, as would another Malak since his protection gets added to his health, making him really vulnerable to his own drain life

    Nah, Drain Life won't work on him since his unique makes him take reduced damage from percent health effects
  • Gotta be honest- they're overstepped the boundaries.

    I got jedi knight revan, and darth revan, and of course all old republic characters. I went through hell trying to get darth revan. But now you gotta have all the old republic characters atleast 17,500 power and the event lasts only 2 days?
  • Well I think my time with SWGOH is over. I dont have the 2 main required charaters to enter the battle, let alone the required 7 stars. Being that I’m taking the long route because I dont spend much real money to play the game. I did have a good run with the game, and enjoyed playing it for the couple, few years that I have however it’s going to take me a year or 2 just to get the needed characters. Getting them to 7 stars is another mission. So I think I’m looking at a long time before I can even get Malak. With that being said, it’s been fun but I cant continue to get frustrated because I’m constantly getting smashed by players that invest real money to have everything while I work my way through slowly and the fact that I have none of the great charaters in my near future makes me want to just give up and go back to matching colors on my device. I also feel sorry for the players that just started SWGOH because if they are not spending real money as well, then they have no chance at anything for a few years. Again, great game but the dragging of time to get a character up to par is rediculous, and getting the newer characters? I would rather fight my dad because EA is on some B/S rite now.
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    Drevan and Malak = 95% Meta domination! Congrats! What's next Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow with 100% Meta domination?

    And i thought the Phoenix are op....
  • The game is officially dead.
  • Dagonsith wrote: »
    DocDoom wrote: »
    If there were a way to whale out a bit and get him, I probably would. Too bad CG decided not to give me that option.

    This cannot be said enough

    Why do you say that? You can buy gear. Should be an easy pick for whales.

    I say it as a whale who is concerned about the game and those dolphins who will miss out simply because they don't have the same economic clout to purchase non-existent items. If given the opportunity many people who normally wouldn't spend money that supports the game would which would extend the life of the game and lead to more people playing. The event as it is does neither of those and is actively working counter to those.
  • I think he a little to weak not having a pre taunt but a better choice then sass or murader probably
  • So is it 100% of Max health before armor and resists or what? Like if I have 40k health am I taking 40k flat damage?
  • jamessiss
    3 posts Member
    edited April 12
    Emguy wrote: »
    Healing immunity would absolutely destroy him, as would another Malak since his protection gets added to his health, making him really vulnerable to his own drain life

    Put him with traya unique zeta. Immidiate turn after 25% down, and cleanse
  • Can he still gain protection during the Battle.
  • Enerdrizer wrote: »
    I think gnawing terror is direct counter to palp using vader

    Yeah which means this will be a strictly speed meta unfortunately
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to improve the IQ of some whales that can't win even after spending to avoid giving them such means of ubeatability and risking to ruin such an awesome game. Oh well, top 10, see you when this becomes f2p, if this becomes f2p.

    It is f2p lol
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Remember when we all complained about Arena battles taking too long...
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    CLS has just been slaughtered with the critical hit fear and reduced percentage effects. Looks like it just Revan vs Darth Revan now...

    "We will try to keep a rock, paper, scissors meta,,

    Oh well at least it won't take up 90% meta yet

    I dont get why you say this.
    Yes, critically hitting Malak would hurt. However, this is only applicable in the first few rounds, because after that, he gets massive crit avoidance, so no chance of critting him. And in those first few rounds, why would you hit the tank? Why not Badstilla, or at least, the other tank, SiT? (especially as SiT is a pre taunter - Malak is not.)
    Once you kill all 4 allies, you really think your full cls team cant handle malak?

    Um no, not if he is dealing 100% health damage every 4 turns...

    That leaves you around 5 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 etc turns to kill a strong tank. It should be enough.
  • Ulrika33 wrote: »
    Enerdrizer wrote: »
    I think gnawing terror is direct counter to palp using vader

    Yeah which means this will be a strictly speed meta unfortunately

    I'm not so sure when a character can take bonus turns..
  • CG and EA know this game is in it death throws. The only way you can play this game is to invest lots of money. They no longer care about FTP. The game no longer needs any skill it all that is required is money and a lot of luck. The RNG I this game produces results that are unlikely to be achieved by a real player. I refuse the expend money when I know it is a bad investment
  • dimi4a
    1236 posts Member
    Ariki wrote: »
    CG and EA know this game is in it death throws. The only way you can play this game is to invest lots of money. They no longer care about FTP. The game no longer needs any skill it all that is required is money and a lot of luck. The RNG I this game produces results that are unlikely to be achieved by a real player. I refuse the expend money when I know it is a bad investment

    This game will end the same way as Star Wars Force Arena did!
Sign In or Register to comment.